ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How to Live to 120 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353134)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-20-2024 09:20 AM

How to Live to 120

Pretty interesting stuff here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9pUrtUDg6v8?si=18nV875eukvT0w3i" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie 04-20-2024 09:29 AM

Not eat pork

loochy 04-20-2024 09:29 AM

Drive fast like Rasheed Rice

Bearcat 04-20-2024 09:33 AM

He looks good for being 120.

Rausch 04-20-2024 09:34 AM

His face looks like foreskin...

stumppy 04-20-2024 09:37 AM

He looks like Data's cousin, Fore. As in Foreskin Face.

RunKC 04-20-2024 09:44 AM

My wife’s great grandmother lived to 103 and at the end she hated every minute of it. At about 85 she had become the last of her friends and recent family she knew growing up.

By 95 she was depressed and just wanted to die. The closest people to her in the Senior facility that weren’t living vegetables were in their 70’s that she didn’t have anything in common due to age gap so she felt lonely all the time.

TLO 04-20-2024 09:46 AM

I bet Liver King lives to be 120

Rausch 04-20-2024 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17487562)
My wife’s great grandmother lived to 103 and at the end she hated every minute of it. At about 85 she had become the last of her friends and recent family she knew growing up.

My worst nightmare would be to end up in a 70 year old body and have to live 40 years like that. No one wants a longer old age than their prime. What a ****ing horror....

BWillie 04-20-2024 10:15 AM

Quote:

By 95 she was depressed and just wanted to die. The closest people to her in the Senior facility that weren’t living vegetables were in their 70’s that she didn’t have anything in common due to age gap so she felt lonely all the time.

Get a hobby. Life is more than just people. Learn how to enjoy life on your own. Im already ready for old age lol

The Franchise 04-20-2024 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 17487564)
I bet Liver King lives to be 120

The guy on steroids? LMAO

He won’t make it beyond 60.

Rausch 04-20-2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17487579)
Get a hobby. Life is more than just people. Learn how to enjoy life on your own. Im already ready for old age lol

You have no idea how terribly this comment is going to age...

Bearcat 04-20-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

I was at a funeral once and noticed one of the Mr/Mrs plots showed the husband dying at I think 85 and the wife was like 104... imagine having a long, full life with your spouse and then living another two decades.

I've always thought, despite so many people who say 80+ years isn't enough and life is short, that I'd be ready to die at that point.... I might change my mind if I get there, but thinking I'm not even halfway to 90 is kind of mind boggling.

Rain Man 04-20-2024 10:56 AM

It's theoretically palatable to say that you don't want to live to a particularly long age, but once you turn 60 you start rethinking that. As long as I can be healthy, I'm perfectly fine reading and watching television by myself.

RealSNR 04-20-2024 10:57 AM

Dude's probably gonna die of a random heart attack next Tuesday.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-20-2024 10:58 AM

40 years in a nursing home will be fun as long as I can still receive scam calls

FloridaMan88 04-20-2024 11:00 AM

If living to 120 means living 30-40 years of your remaining life without Mahomes as the Chiefs QB… I’d be okay with tapping out earlier.

stumppy 04-20-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17487605)
Dude's probably gonna die of a random heart attack next Tuesday.

Prob because he missed 5 minutes of his scheduled sleep.

Rausch 04-20-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17487599)
I've always thought, despite so many people who say 80+ years isn't enough and life is short, that I'd be ready to die at that point.... I might change my mind if I get there, but thinking I'm not even halfway to 90 is kind of mind boggling.

Deep down I'd like to out live my wife so she doesn't have to die alone. Problem is she's a mix of Native/Mexican and Irish. If the Native/Mexican genes take over her two grandmother's lived beyond 100.

I ain't making that and wouldn't want to.

Bearcat 04-20-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17487603)
It's theoretically palatable to say that you don't want to live to a particularly long age, but once you turn 60 you start rethinking that. As long as I can be healthy, I'm perfectly fine reading and watching television by myself.

Yeah, personally I really want to get to retirement age healthy (and after watching some family health issues at that age, have taken some steps to help make that happen), and then wonder how much you can cram into that part of your life... my grandfather traveled all over the world after retirement, then had a relatively short time where he wasn't nearly as mobile and had a couple long stays in hospitals due to relatively simple issues that just took a bit to recover from at his age (and live to 94).

I've heard financial people call it your 'go-go years' when you first retire, then your 'some-go' years, then 'no-go' years.... a decade of no-go currently sounds like a no-go for me, but maybe we'll be watching Mahomes' grandkids winning Super Bowls for the Kansas Chiefs in the International Football League.

Bowser 04-20-2024 11:10 AM

Unless we end up in a world like the Jetsons, who the hell wants to live to 120?

Smed1065 04-20-2024 11:17 AM

If only the good die young, guess I'll live to be 150 or so....Karma. Dad is 88 and was doing fine until he fell and broke his hip and collarbone. Moms been gone for 5 years now and she was the health-nut while dad smokes non-filtered cigs and smokes 2 packs a day for 68 years.

RunKC 04-20-2024 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 17487620)
If only the good die young, guess I'll live to be 150 or so....Karma. Dad is 88 and was doing fine until he fell and broke his hip and collarbone. Moms been gone for 5 years now and she was the health-nut while dad smokes non-filtered cigs and smokes 2 packs a day for 68 years.

Watch your dad closely. Elderly people breaking a hip is usually a bad sign of things to come. Lot of them die a few years after that

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-20-2024 11:35 AM

After watching the video I added a few things to my grocery list ,

Now it consists of Broccoli, Cauliflower, ginger, EVO , Keystone Light, Tostitos, cheese dip

scho63 04-20-2024 11:44 AM

With the way things are going in the world and here in the US, the last thing I want to do is live another 60 years.

wazu 04-20-2024 12:02 PM

We need Mahomes to take notice of this guy's regimen so he can play until 50.

Mr. Wizard 04-20-2024 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 17487620)

This. You can’t fight genetics. Live your life and pray you die in your sleep.

FloridaMan88 04-20-2024 12:08 PM

That’s why it’s never too early to get your will and advance directives set up.

redfan 04-20-2024 12:11 PM

Don't drink and don't smoke, still die.

stevieray 04-20-2024 12:29 PM

Quote:

My aunt is about to turn 94.

Rausch 04-20-2024 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17487642)
With the way things are going in the world and here in the US, the last thing I want to do is live another 60 years.

That's the problem with a long life - it's not one in THIS world, your last bit will be in someone else's. Yours will be gone long before you are...

Bowser 04-20-2024 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17487677)
That's the problem with a long life - it's not one in THIS world, your last bit will be in someone else's. Yours will be gone long before you are...

Well that's the most depressing ****ing thing I've read on here in some time.

stevieray 04-20-2024 12:40 PM

<iframe width="870" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cxn_5Barsk0" title="Who Wants To Live Forever (Remastered 2011)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mosbonian 04-20-2024 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17487599)
I was at a funeral once and noticed one of the Mr/Mrs plots showed the husband dying at I think 85 and the wife was like 104... imagine having a long, full life with your spouse and then living another two decades.

My Father in Law passed away when he was 65...my mother in law just passed away last year at 85....

While she was a great mother in law...you could see the light in her eyes fade each year she was without him. And each time one of her close friends or family would pass, it would affect her even more.

If not for my kids, her only grandkids, I truly think she would have been lost.

Mosbonian 04-20-2024 12:53 PM

My wife will probably outlive me....just based on the genetics of her mom and her maternal grandma.

I pretty much think...based on my health issues, that my expiration date will probably be around 80...she will probably live another 10 years after that.

The funny thing is that reading the go-go, some-go and no-go comment, I am a bit different. I spent way too much of my working life being on the go...traveling to every state except a couple. I seriously am over getting on a plane to go anywhere these days....I have no desire to unless I am traveling to see a Chiefs Super Bowl in person.

I think I will forever be a some-go person....go where I want some of the time and just freaking relax here in FL never having to shovel snow or drive on ice.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-20-2024 12:58 PM

Jumping Jacks and pork

Demonpenz 04-20-2024 12:58 PM

money would run out like 20 years into your retirement unless you are bigredchief

Mosbonian 04-20-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 17487701)
money would run out like 20 years into your retirement unless you are bigredchief

Not if you choose the.right cat food and live in a trailer.

Demonpenz 04-20-2024 01:10 PM

Trailer is always going to get hit buy a tornaughto

Holladay 04-20-2024 01:52 PM

Genetics is on my side, which can be good or bad. G-moms-99.5y & 93y, G-pa's 96y & 93, G-aunt/uncles all +90y. My Dad last year at 86y in his sleep. Both sides all live long.

This is good and bad, as many of the above comments have evidenced.

One item I don't think was mentioned, cost of living longer ie. Nursing Homes are not cheap. One of my G-pa's & G-mom's lived in assisted living for 6-10 yrs. He was worth +800k...at death ~200k. I didn't have LTC (Long Term Care).

So, not only was his quality of life diminished (he was wheel chair bound), he watched his legacy diminish as well. His gift was his attitude. He was the President of the KC chapter of the Optimist Club. (actually existed!)

As mentioned, I don't care how long I live as long as I can basically do what I want. Then take me out with #1 in my sleep, #2 on the golf course by a massive myocardial infarction (the 10 yro in me loves that term), Nuptial Bliss as Genghis Khan went on his 7 marriage bed, #4 Cement Truck.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-20-2024 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17487700)
Jumping Jacks and pork

I approve this message!

DaFace 04-20-2024 02:39 PM

No, thanks.

Mosbonian 04-20-2024 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 17487744)
Genetics is on my side, which can be good or bad. G-moms-99.5y & 93y, G-pa's 96y & 93, G-aunt/uncles all +90y. My Dad last year at 86y in his sleep. Both sides all live long.

This is good and bad, as many of the above comments have evidenced.

One item I don't think was mentioned, cost of living longer ie. Nursing Homes are not cheap. One of my G-pa's & G-mom's lived in assisted living for 6-10 yrs. He was worth +800k...at death ~200k. I didn't have LTC (Long Term Care).

So, not only was his quality of life diminished (he was wheel chair bound), he watched his legacy diminish as well. His gift was his attitude. He was the President of the KC chapter of the Optimist Club. (actually existed!)

As mentioned, I don't care how long I live as long as I can basically do what I want. Then take me out with #1 in my sleep, #2 on the golf course by a massive myocardial infarction (the 10 yro in me loves that term), Nuptial Bliss as Genghis Khan went on his 7 marriage bed, #4 Cement Truck.

I am hoping I take one last trip to DisneyWorld with my kids and their spouses....the night we get back my kids are spending the night. I say good night and thanks them.for this last trip and go to bed that night and and pass peacefully in my sleep.

I don't want to burden my family with a Nursing center....having volunteered at one and seeing how many Seniors are put in one and no one visits, I don't want.that for me or my family.

BWillie 04-20-2024 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17487616)
Unless we end up in a world like the Jetsons, who the hell wants to live to 120?

As long as Im not in pain. I do. Thats alot of Chiefs games.

Mosbonian 04-20-2024 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 17487712)
Trailer is always going to get hit buy a tornaughto

Yeah but at least here in Florida we are not Tornado Alley

Rain Man 04-20-2024 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 17487809)
Yeah but at least here in Florida we are not Tornado Alley

Yeah, the hurricanes scare them away.

Mosbonian 04-20-2024 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17487814)
Yeah, the hurricanes scare them away.

LMAO...

Yeah but with Hurricanes and living 55 miles inland...by the time it gets this far inland it has lost strength.

Holladay 04-20-2024 04:32 PM

Quote:

I don't want to burden my family with a Nursing center....having volunteered at one and seeing how many Seniors are put in one and no one visits, I don't want.that for me or my family.
Agreed. That was part of my point. I don't think there is an ethical solution thus out or our control. That is the sucky part...lack of control.

Pinchshot 04-20-2024 04:36 PM

That's about 50 years more than I want to hang around

HemiEd 04-20-2024 06:28 PM

Anyone that wants to live to 120 is stupid and hasn't made it to 74 yet.

Why Not? 04-21-2024 09:17 AM

At 120, you are practically a lock to outlive everyone you ever had a meaningful relationship with, including your children. Nah, I'm good. I've got pretty good genetics which leads me to think that at 47 I am about halfway done (barring getting killed by something other than natural causes). When I think about all the shit I've done, seen and experienced, another 40-45 years is muy plenty.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-21-2024 11:13 AM

So, I take it that the only people that want to live to 120 are currently 119

Couch-Potato 04-21-2024 08:55 PM

I've been discussing this with my gf for a couple years who teases me for being old.

I think the best way to do this is artificially insemenate her just before my death with my cloned DNA, so that the child i leave behind will also be a copy of me. As she raises him up she will teach him all about my entire life's experiences to catch him up on my our shared memories. Then, when "me too" comes of age she will take him as her mother-lover. All so I can essentially live 120 years.

A lot like the book, and apple tv, series Foundation.

Praise science! All-men!

DJ's left nut 04-21-2024 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17487565)
My worst nightmare would be to end up in a 70 year old body and have to live 40 years like that. No one wants a longer old age than their prime. What a ****ing horror....

The math of really old age starts to get a little crazy.

My wife's grandmother was married for 40 years - lost her first husband when she was about 60. Got remarried about 2 years later and lived to be 98. Her husband predeceased her by a couple years but she was married for essentially 35 years.

AFTER being married for 40.

She essentially lived three distinct lives. But man I dunno - in a lot of ways it just doesn't sound terribly appealing to me.

JohnnyV13 04-22-2024 12:40 AM

My Dad turned 100 March 8. He was doing well until he was 94, but the last 6 years have been a struggle. He's now has to use a walker and gets really confused by intense dreams which he often can't distinguish from reality.

However, convince him that he was having a dream and he still tracks quite well otherwise. Course, I'm used to him being brilliant, which he no longer can even come close to.

(At 93, he was trying to teach me the ABC's of interpreting an EKG bc I have a prolapsed mitral valve).

I would be ok living to 120 if I'm as fit as Jack La Lanne was at 95.

The thing is, this guy isn't a nut. I have been following anti aging theory since graduate school and his dietary and supplement regimen bears a striking similarity to my own. Most of what he does is based on reasonable interpretation of current data.

His emphasis on EVO is a bit out of wack. But part of that is he sells it on his site for more than double the price of good, 3rd party tested EVO.

Not sure always having a fresh made harvest is worth what he's charging for it in terms of health benefit. Like most who hawk supplements, they're overpriced with the justification that they're using better sources.

I would REALLY like to see him test biomarkers of someone using his protocol with available stuff on the market vs his branded supplements in a double blind test. Funny how these guys NEVER do that.

Btw, there is a guy named David Sinclair who believes he can wind back the cellular clock. Basically, take a 70 yo person, do his molecular bio tricks on their DNA, and make them cellularly 25 or so

Sounds crazy, but he's doing it in mice. Says he might have a therapy for humans in 10 years or so. If this comes to pass, living past 120 will become common.

Of course, 80 yrs ago, the Nazis kept claiming they would cure cancer. They weren't bullshitting, they really believed it. They actually had good reason to think they could do it, bc they had a guy named Otto Warburg who won the nobel prize in 1939 or so for the discovery that cancer cells used glucose for respiration instead of O2.

Since German big pharma had invented a drug called metformin (which reduces blood sugar) in the mid 30s, they though it was just a matter of fiddling bf they could figure out how to starve the cancer.

Well, 80 yrs later, we haven't cured cancer. Basically bc they didn't foresee that cancer cells can switch respiration to other molecules (such as cyanide or sulfur) if glucose isn't available.

Bottom line, Sinclair probably faces hurdles he doesn't yet see to create a human therapy based on his work with mice. However, hanging around long enough for Sinclair's aging treatment to become a reality could pay off in spades.