ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which WR Disappointed you Most in 2023? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352877)

el borracho 03-28-2024 05:58 PM

Which WR Disappointed you Most in 2023?

End result was great but everyone acknowledges that the 2023 Chiefs Wide Receivers were disappointing. The question is- who was the MOST disappointing?

Skyy Moore- 21 Receptions for 244 yards and 1 TD
Kadarius Toney- 27 Receptions for 169 yards and 1 TD
Justin Watson- 27 Receptions for 460 yards and 3 TD
Justyn Ross- 6 Receptions for 53 yards and 0 TD

I would have to say Toney was the most disappointing for me. He's the most talented of the above by a good margin and he looked great last year. I'm still not sure WTF happened? Team finished the season without him.

Justyn Ross was almost as disappointing for me. I realize he was an UDFA but dude had talent in college and his preseason was so strong I felt like dude was going to displace one of Watson or Moore.

I suppose I should be more disappointed in Moore but I just never saw any talent there. Dude is not big; he's not fast; doesn't stand out in any category. Honestly, I feel like Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle were both more talented than Moore so I just never had any expectations for the guy. Easily my least favorite in this position group.

Ok, I'm not really disappointed in Watson- he's exactly what you would expect for what we paid. Just thought I should include him in the poll because you know someone has got a bone to pick with the dude.

I'm not listing Rice because I assume no one has any real complaint about him at this time. Also, if you do- I don't really want to hear it.

So that's about it. Poll incoming...

staylor26 03-28-2024 05:59 PM

Toney over Moore just because I thought Toney was more talented, and he didn't just suck, he flat out hurt the team multiple times.

Coochie liquor 03-28-2024 06:03 PM

Moore, thought he was ready to take the next step. But I thought Cornell Powell was gonna be great too.

Megatron96 03-28-2024 06:03 PM

Toney. Guy had all the physical attributes/talent you could ask for in a young WR, but just never grew/matured into any kind of reliable pass-catcher/route-runner. Just a huge disappointment considering all of his potential.

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 06:04 PM

None. We won the super bowl again

RunKC 03-28-2024 06:05 PM

Patrick wanted to strangle Toney multiple times. That’s your answer

tredadda 03-28-2024 06:09 PM

Toney easily. He cost the team two games last year and him not playing in the playoffs/SB was one of the factors in KC winning. He has #1 WR talent, but mentally couldn't put it all together.

smithandrew051 03-28-2024 06:10 PM

Toney. Makes very little of his ability, whereas Moore just doesn’t have much ability.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-28-2024 06:11 PM

Toney. We had posters literally predict he'd get 1k yards

Sofa King 03-28-2024 06:12 PM

Surprised people aren’t bitching about MVS not being included in the poll.

That being said, Moore. He shoulda built to something but he’s just straight ass. Total bust.

ToxSocks 03-28-2024 06:14 PM

Toney. Because he actually has (had?) special ability.

scho63 03-28-2024 06:16 PM

Skyy Moore cause we drafted that ****er with high hopes. The others we picked up as chances.

mlyonsd 03-28-2024 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17461126)
Skyy Moore cause we drafted that ****er with high hopes. The others we picked up as chances.

^ I don't like to see Varch miss.

Sassy Squatch 03-28-2024 06:20 PM

Toney. The rest of them have very defined ceilings. Toney could be a legit superstar if his body and mind held up.

Megatron96 03-28-2024 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17461121)
Toney. We had posters literally predict he'd get 1k yards

Um, there were dipsticks that thought both Moore and MVS were going to miraculously improve their catch rates and get 1000 yds, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

notorious 03-28-2024 06:24 PM

I was a Skyy Moore-on. Thought this was the year.

**** was I wrong.

bdj23 03-28-2024 06:28 PM

I've bitched about these scrubs enough and in the end they still won a Superbowl. Move on from all except Justin Watson.

RedinTexas 03-28-2024 06:33 PM

Words fail me as I try to express my disdain for Toney. We traded Sneed for a 3rd rounder in 2025. If we can get any draft pick at all for Toney, in any year at all, we should be all over it. Moore has been hugely disappointing, but could still possibly get his head out of his ass.

el borracho 03-28-2024 06:34 PM

In thinking about it, why aren't Toney and Moore in Texas with Mahomes? Are they just not invited?

Womble 03-28-2024 06:36 PM

Definitely MVS.

Toney was injury prone and dumb. I didn't realise he was borderline reeruned but I knew he was stupid and I got pelted on here for saying so.

I also knew Skyy Moore was going to be a ****ing disgrace. After reading all of the hopes and lofty predictions from people on here over the summer I thought maybe because I'm relatively new to the sport (5 years) I'm not seeing it right. I won't doubt my eyes again. Skyy Moore is the worst WR I've ever seen in the NFL.

big nasty kcnut 03-28-2024 06:37 PM

Toney and it not even close.

Graystoke 03-28-2024 06:41 PM

Got to be Moore for me. Bust draft that doesn’t appear to have talent.
Toney came to us cheap so I’m kind of whatever. But man that guy drives me crazy with his liabilities. His play would hurt us over and over.

TribalElder 03-28-2024 06:43 PM

It was definitely Toney hands down

The drops in that first game, just kept happening. It was so bad I swore it had to have been on purpose. But I remember he skipped out on training camp by having some cleanup surgery and just was not ready for game time.

digger 03-28-2024 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 17461146)
In thinking about it, why aren't Toney and Moore in Texas with Mahomes? Are they just not invited?

Keep them away from our starters, they might spread the suckage...

Coogs 03-28-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 17461156)
Got to be Moore for me. Bust draft that doesn’t appear to have talent.
Toney came to us cheap so I’m kind of whatever. But man that guy drives me crazy with his liabilities. His play would hurt us over and over.

A 3rd and a 6th isn't real cheap, but... Toney is responsible for us going into Buffalo and Baltimore. Makes this years Super Bowl damn special!!!

Still the biggest disappointment to me in spite of that!

Easy 6 03-28-2024 07:09 PM

Toney, easily

He got drunk on his initial success here, and decided he could just put his feet up on the desk and coast

MahomesMagic 03-28-2024 07:09 PM

Toney because he actually has flashed before.

I never expected anything from Skyy.

MVS is what he is.

TwistedChief 03-28-2024 07:14 PM

Moore.

I think Toney is talented enough that he can bounce back. The guy missed training camp, had a disastrous first game, and spiraled from there. I can understand that (even if it was crazy disappointing).

Skyy was just a complete disappointment at every single turn. I have no faith that he’ll ever be a contributor while I’d be an aggressive buyer of Toney’s stock right now if given the chance.

DJay23 03-28-2024 07:32 PM

I thought Skyy could do some damage over the middle of the field kind of like Edelman so I voted Moore.

I never thought Toney would stay healthy long enough to make a huge difference on the season.

Watson gave us what you would expect from him in any given season, and I knew Ross was a training camp hero and nothing more.

Gary Cooper 03-28-2024 07:43 PM

Toney/Moore are a wash. Toney was drafted higher (albeit by a different team). I never understood why some people thought Moore would rebound in 2023. He didn't show much in 2022. I figured Toney would be a brokedick again but he proved to be much worse even when healthy.

I'm almost tempted to pick Ross because he didn't get many chances before.

Watson shouldn't be on the list. He's a solid #3/4 receiver who made a lot of big plays in 2023 in key moments. If someone expected him to be a #1 or #2 they were asking too much.

Richie James should be on this poll.

RINGLEADER 03-28-2024 07:46 PM

Skyy Moore has been trash since day one. Toney inexplicably seems to have regressed to the point where he wasn’t allowed to catch a ball or run a route further than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Watson was fine for his role, though the game where Andy tried to make him the number one receiver was brutally painful to watch.

Buehler445 03-28-2024 09:05 PM

Moore.

He got the easiest ****ing plays Reid could give him and he just ****ing blows ass.

If any competent ball player could have raped. But not Skyy.

Womble 03-28-2024 09:11 PM

Lol @ Cave voting for Skyy Moore after he got his name changed to Skyy God.

I don't Belize it.

Pepe Silvia 03-28-2024 09:17 PM

I voted Toney, I already knew Sky Moore sucked so he couldn't disappoint me.

AussieChiefsFan 03-28-2024 09:33 PM

Toney for sure given how far below his ceiling he played. To single handedly cost your team two games and the 1 seed is wild for a guy that could've been WR1.

Demonpenz 03-28-2024 09:35 PM

Thought sky moore was a wes Welker type

BigRedChief 03-28-2024 09:38 PM

Where is MVS in the poll?

comochiefsfan 03-28-2024 09:38 PM

Toney.

My expectations for him were fairly measured but I did not have him as “benched and inactive for the playoffs” on my bingo sheet.

What a waste of talent.

Buehler445 03-28-2024 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17461353)
Toney.

My expectations for him were fairly measured but I did not have him as “benched and inactive for the playoffs” on my bingo sheet.

What a waste of talent.

Meh. That was at least in his history.

Skyy on tape was under control, on time and savvy.

He got asstarded when he got here.

Why Not? 03-28-2024 10:19 PM

I'm a little surprised it's a close at it is. To me, it's Toney and not even worth a second thought. Even if you saw Moore (as I did coming in to 23) from a perspective of "he's a young player and can/will get better", you had to at least consider the possibility existed that he just wasn't any good. Ross was a free lotto ticket so nothing lost there. Watson has no business on this list. Toney was a legit talent who totally no showed and mentally fell apart. Not close.

Bump 03-28-2024 10:20 PM

definitely Toney, especially after they said he looks like a legit #1.

Chiefshrink 03-28-2024 10:23 PM

Is Toney still with the team??

jerryaldini 03-28-2024 10:28 PM

The WR cult approves of this thread

Chief Pagan 03-28-2024 11:06 PM

I don't usually give up on players after one year, but I did on Skyy. So I wasn't disappointed because he was already a non factor.

MVS was who he always was.

I never saw anything that led me to believe Skyy or MVS had a next level.

My optimism on Toney was tempered because I thought he would spend up to half the season inactive,from injuries. But I thought he had a top ten 10 ceiling with Andy and Mahomes when healthy.

If he could have made routine catches that first game, he would have had WR1 numbers.

Instead he never mentally recovered.

kccrow 03-28-2024 11:08 PM

Easily Toney. Former 1st round pick. First-round caliber athleticism. Grocery Bagger brain apparently.

BWillie 03-28-2024 11:09 PM

I didn't expect anything from Skyy and Toney and stated as much many times. Never thought Ross would pan out so it's probably Richie James for me.

frozenchief 03-29-2024 12:51 AM

I didn’t expect Toney to actively hurt our team like he did. But he helped win SB last year and he didn’t cost us a ton. Moore cost us a higher draft pick but didn’t hurt us as much. That said, I think Toney had the higher ceiling so I think he hurt us more.

InChiefsHeaven 03-29-2024 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17461352)

MVS was our annual "suck until the playoffs" guy. Like Frank Clark.

ChiefsHawk 03-29-2024 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17461352)

MVS was reliable in the playoffs.

TNTEICHER 03-29-2024 05:38 AM

I didn't buy all the Toney hype last year. I thought Moore would progress (looked like he actually took a step back)

Bwana 03-29-2024 05:41 AM

Toney, because he cost us two games, he's dumber than a pet rock and he runs his mouth on twatter, like a jilted 13 year old girl, that got stood up for the prom. I'm not sure what they are going to do with him this year. I guess they could have him hold a clipboard, but he would no doubt lose focus and drop it all the time.

Dunerdr 03-29-2024 05:57 AM

Moore. I expected more from Toney but Moore had the hype. Moore actually might have been worse in year two. He was more Jehu Chesson than the Amendola we were being sold on. Toney definitely hurt the team more I just didn't think the Chiefs would go full spin on Moore if he was not actually up to even being the 5th receiver.

notorious 03-29-2024 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 17461146)

They took the wrong route down.

Rainbarrel 03-29-2024 06:20 AM

2 SB rings
2 SB rings
2 SB rings
3 SB rings
8 Chiefs SB rings

RedinTexas 03-29-2024 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 17461489)
Toney, because he cost us two games, he's dumber than a pet rock and he runs his mouth on twatter, like a jilted 13 year old girl, that got stood up for the prom. I'm not sure what they are going to do with him this year. I guess they could have him hold a clipboard, but he would no doubt lose focus and drop it all the time.

It's worse than that. He'd manage to bat the clipboard up into the air so it would fall into the hands of the team on the other sideline.

BWillie 03-29-2024 06:44 AM

I don't know how many times I have to say it until I'm red in the face. Toney is not good. Wasn't ever good. Can't ever be good. Give up on the guy. Mahomes has.

Rasputin 03-29-2024 06:54 AM

I was disappointed we didn't run more Jet sweeps with Mecole Hardman or try hooking him up as the deep threat. He has all the talent to be really good and shows signs he can do great things but he lacks gumption. Mecole is one of my favorite players I hope we bring him back to prove himself but if he leaves he leaves.

Molitoth 03-29-2024 07:48 AM

I feel like MVS and Hardman should be on the poll, because both of them sucked.

That said, I still would have voted for Toney.

FringeNC 03-29-2024 07:59 AM

Veach was running around telling the talking heads that Toney was a #1 WR and that Ross was the next AJ Green. And we heard how much Skyy had improved. Only the Rice buzz turned out to be accurate.

We also heard about now the new tackles would be the best combo Mahomes had ever played with. I was thinking we'd have a record setting offense. Oh well, there's always that new Lombardi trophy.

notorious 03-29-2024 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17461506)
I don't know how many times I have to say it until I'm red in the face. Toney is not good. Wasn't ever good. Can't ever be good. Give up on the guy. Mahomes has.

THANK YOU

I have no idea what people see in him. He wastes a shitload of motion on cuts, not only can't catch the ball but manages to flip it up in the air, and is a complete ****ing moron.

ThrobProng 03-29-2024 08:13 AM

The only correct answer is Toney. It's one thing to simply suck, but he's directly responsible for two of KC's losses. Buh-bye.

Lzen 03-29-2024 08:35 AM

I voted Toney but if you would have include MVS on this list (and you should have), I would have voted for him.

BigBeauford 03-29-2024 08:41 AM

Justin Watson has no business being on the list as an option.

BossChief 03-29-2024 09:39 AM

Moore and Toney were huge disappointments, but I planned on Toney having issues and being a lottery ticket.

I really thought Skyy would show up last year and at minimum be a “Dexter McCluster” for us and sadly, he made Dexter look like an all pro.

The position group need 2 more new faces to push everyone up/down.

scho63 03-29-2024 09:42 AM

A little shocked at the results of this.

We drafted Skyy and he has produced shit. Worst WR we drafted since Jon Baldwin.

Toney we picked up as scraps.

TEX 03-29-2024 09:44 AM

It was Toney for me. He was a former 1st round pick, and I figured the Giants didnt know how to get the most out of him. Figured KC could.

Had Skyy pegged for the terrible player he is from day 1. No surprise he flopped craptastickly.

wazu 03-29-2024 09:50 AM

Toney for sure. It's funny, in my Madden franchise he's really good. He and MVS both. LMAO

Chief Pagan 03-29-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17461675)

We drafted Skyy and he has produced shit. Worst WR we drafted since Jon Baldwin.

The poll says 2023 disappointment.

If we are talking overall dissatisfaction, sure Skyy wins, but I didn't have any 2023 expectations so how could I be disappointed?

Chief Pagan 03-29-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17461547)
THANK YOU

I have no idea what people see in him [Toney]. He wastes a shitload of motion on cuts, not only can't catch the ball but manages to flip it up in the air, and is a complete ****ing moron.

He obviously has some open field, KR, skills and I don't remember anyone talking about him having unusual drop problems prior to this year.

Injuries, yes.

And clearly some red flags. I mean just why were the Giants letting a first round pick go for a third. It sounded like it was more than just the leg injury.

But the Giants saw enough to make him a first round pick after all.

RaidersOftheCellar 03-29-2024 05:13 PM

Toney and Moore were almost equal for me. Toney for his consistent blunders and disappearances, and Moore for just not showing anything. I could see Toney bouncing back and having a solid year, but I don't have much faith in Moore ever producing.

Rausch 03-29-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 17462228)
Toney and Moore were almost equal for me. Toney for his consistent blunders and disappearances, and Moore for just not showing anything. I could see Toney bouncing back and having a solid year, but I don't have much faith in Moore ever producing.

For me it was Sky.

I had 0 expectations and thought he would be a bust. That said I figured they'd stick him out there to prove he wasn't and he'd end up with a bunch of possession catches and inflated stats because Mahomes.

Uh, no. Actually he was useless in every possible way and managed to look like shit even while being propped up. It might be the most pathetic performance by a KC WR I've ever seen...

KCJake 03-29-2024 05:20 PM

Toney. Most of us already knew Skyy sucked

kccrow 03-29-2024 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17461675)

I get that but Toney wasn't really "scraps" giving up a 3rd and 6th.

Our 3rd given up ended up being Tre Tucker drafted by the Raiders.

Toney had 27 rec for 169 yds and 1 td along with 11 runs for 31 yards
Tucker had 19 rec for 331 yds and 2 td to go with 10 runs for 77 yards

Hmm.

Our other pick ended up being CB Tre Hawkins who started some games but wasn't great. But when you think that DT/DE Dante Stills went 4 picks later and would have been a nice 2nd pass rusher at DT, it makes me sad.

Toney has been a waste of assets too.

Both of them suck, which is unfortunate. I really don't know wtf Skyy's problem is but I have to think it's purely between the ears. We know Toney's is in his head already

Easy 6 03-29-2024 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17461575)
Justin Watson has no business being on the list as an option.

^ its true he's been a blue chip Steady Freddy compared to the others, I got $100 that says he'll be here next year

xztop123 03-29-2024 06:56 PM

I never really understood the full cause of “busts” like Moore has been thus far

I do know that if I was in his position with the opportunity to cash in on a 50 million dollar contract in the future, I would be spending my entire summer in a frigging Airbnb as close to mahomes as I could to catch passes from him

It’s seems insane not to. At least until you cash in on the payday.

Megatron96 03-29-2024 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 17462324)
I never really understood the full cause of “busts” like Moore has been thus far

I do know that if I was in his position with the opportunity to cash in on a 50 million dollar contract in the future, I would be spending my entire summer in a frigging Airbnb as close to mahomes as I could to catch passes from him

It’s seems insane not to. At least until you cash in on the payday.

According to Skyy himself he spent a ton of time last offseason working on his craft, to no avail. People have to get past the idea that he has some kernel of NFL level capability in him. He just doesn't have the requisite physical gifts/talents to be an NFL WR. Wish he did, but the fact is he doesn't. Time to move on, though I know Andy won't. He'll bring him back this year (and next) because he hates to just give up on a player.

xztop123 03-29-2024 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17462331)
According to Skyy himself he spent a ton of time last offseason working on his craft, to no avail. People have to get past the idea that he has some kernel of NFL level capability in him. He just doesn't have the requisite physical gifts/talents to be an NFL WR. Wish he did, but the fact is he doesn't. Time to move on, though I know Andy won't. He'll bring him back this year (and next) because he hates to just give up on a player.

Id still want to be with my qb.

Everyone’s training in the offseason. Even high school athletes.

I highly
Doubt skyy knows he has no talent so he’s given up on flying to Texas to catch balls from mahomes.

Hollywood brown did it first thing after signing.

Megatron96 03-29-2024 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 17462334)
Id still want to be with my qb.

Everyone’s training in the offseason. Even high school athletes.

I highly
Doubt skyy knows he has no talent so he’s given up on flying to Texas to catch balls from mahomes.

Hollywood brown did it first thing after signing.

Yeah, he should be modeling himself after Edelman. But it looks like he just wasn't invited down to TX.

Regardless, I doubt even if he did train with Pat that it would amount to anything concrete on the field in Sept. he just doesn't have it.

scho63 03-29-2024 07:11 PM

THIS JUST IN: Skyy Moore accused of rigging this poll.

Chief Pagan 03-29-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17462262)
I get that but Toney wasn't really "scraps" giving up a 3rd and 6th.

Our 3rd given up ended up being Tre Tucker drafted by the Raiders.

Toney had 27 rec for 169 yds and 1 td along with 11 runs for 31 yards
Tucker had 19 rec for 331 yds and 2 td to go with 10 runs for 77 yards

Hmm.

Our other pick ended up being CB Tre Hawkins who started some games but wasn't great. But when you think that DT/DE Dante Stills went 4 picks later and would have been a nice 2nd pass rusher at DT, it makes me sad.

If you use a third for a high floor special teams player with a shot at being a starting LB or depth, maybe interior OL...

But a third round WR is a gamble. Clearly Toney had a much higher ceiling and a much lower floor than even most third round picks. You don't get sure thing WR1 in the third round. You don't even get sure thing WR2 in the third round.

Andy Veach rolled the dice, and outside of a few nice plays in the previous SB, they struck out. Life in the NFL drafting last each round and trying to maintain a SB roster with Mahome's cap hit.