ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Report: Sneed likely to stay with Chiefs and play the tag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352752)

SHOWTIME 03-15-2024 06:58 AM

Report: Sneed likely to stay with Chiefs and play the tag

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲: &quot;Strong winds&quot; that L&#39;Jarius Sneed will stay with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> and play on his tag, per <a href="https://twitter.com/MarinoNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MarinoNFL</a> <br><br>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Dolphins</a>, and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Lions</a> wanted him but either went in other directions or are hesitant to give up draft picks. <a href="https://t.co/naJ0oFqhhv">pic.twitter.com/naJ0oFqhhv</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1768473788818063847?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kysirsoze 03-15-2024 07:00 AM

I still think this is Veach playing hardball to get better compensation, but I'm obviously happy with him staying.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-15-2024 07:01 AM

I'm OK with this. Veach ain't lettin him go for no 3rd round pick

Sofa King 03-15-2024 07:03 AM

This has been posted a couple times but yeah, would be great for us this year but my god next year's off season is brutal. 23 players on the roster, Reid, Creed, Bolton, Smith, Butker, Sneed (if he stays), Omenihu, Jaylon Watson, etc etc. And only 48 Million in cap space.

Gonna be a blood bath next year unless we sign a ton of extensions this season.

Gonna have to move on from Thuney next year and restructure Taylor and/or Mahomes too.

mr. tegu 03-15-2024 07:04 AM

We really should get a trade done unless the trade offers are just abysmal.

SHOWTIME 03-15-2024 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17444739)
This has been posted a couple times but yeah, would be great for us this year but my god next year's off season is brutal. 23 players on the roster, Reid, Creed, Bolton, Smith, Butker, Sneed (if he stays), Omenihu, Jaylon Watson, etc etc. And only 48 Million in cap space.

That's why I think this year's draft should be focused on getting replacement players for those likely to leave after 2024. Of that list, Creed, Butker, and Bolton are no brainers. The rest can leave as FAs if they are too costly.

O.city 03-15-2024 07:06 AM

Yeah, you got the draft.

But I'm just not a fan of playing on the tag.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-15-2024 07:09 AM

Mother **** yeah.

Give us the goddamn trophy.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-15-2024 07:10 AM

Quote:

Gonna have to move on from Thuney next year and restructure Taylor and/or Mahomes too.

Just go all in and get the 3-peat. Nothing matters but that.

If we’re in for a roster reset next year, so be it. All the more reason to go balls deep and make history.

Hoover 03-15-2024 07:19 AM

Quote:

Next year is always going to be difficult, every year.

I'd prefer to sign Sneed to a 3 year deal, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. The only way the Chiefs trade Sneed is if it allows them the ammo to move up to get a LT, which helps you a lot with next year's cap.

wazu 03-15-2024 07:20 AM

Not sure I’ll fully believe this report until after the draft.

Bearcat 03-15-2024 07:22 AM

Quote:

I was starting to get worried things were going so well, we wouldn't have anything to worry about.

I'll adjust my anxiety for next postseason, ****!

nychief 03-15-2024 07:22 AM

I'd love to extend him for three seasons and lower the cap hit, but if he is willing to sign the franchise, lets ride.

PAChiefsGuy 03-15-2024 07:23 AM

Just speculation but that knee story probably hurt his value. He might as well just stay and try to make history w three-peat.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-15-2024 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17444764)
Not sure I’ll fully believe this report until after the draft.

It very well could be a ploy to drive up the price, but either way we win. Either we get what Veach wants, or we have another year of this badass mother ****er leading our ridiculous, disgusting secondary.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2024 07:25 AM

I don’t see the tag happening. I think it’s trade or extension. Best for all involved.

Graystoke 03-15-2024 07:27 AM

Tag is to expensive. Trade or extend.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-15-2024 07:28 AM

Quote:

I was watching something a year go, maybe "The Franchise", but Veach explained how he has a team that ,all they basically do is work on managing the cap space and keep everything planned out for the next 3 years. Believe me ,Veach is always one step ahead and we have no need to even worry about it. Just enjoy .

ForeverIowan 03-15-2024 07:31 AM

Get Sneed his money. One way or the other. The guy deserves it. Do not want to see him playing on the tag.

wazu 03-15-2024 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 17444789)
Get Sneed his money. One way or the other. The guy deserves it. Do not want to see him playing on the tag.

The tag comes with life-changing money, and he’ll be ready to cash in again in free agency next year. He seems fine with it.

mr. tegu 03-15-2024 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17444797)
The tag comes with life-changing money, and he’ll be ready to cash in again in free agency next year. He seems fine with it.

For now he is probably saying that as it’s the right thing in the moment but I’m find it impossible to believe he’ll think that in three months. He plays a very fickle position where injuries occur or his play simply isn’t as good as last year due to many factors around him he can’t control.

Titty Meat 03-15-2024 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17444747)
Yeah, you got the draft.

But I'm just not a fan of playing on the tag.

Who cares were about to make history

493rd 03-15-2024 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17444797)

But the tag isn’t fine with the Chiefs because it takes up too much $$$. If they extend him they can stretch the hit and possibly backload it given his age. The best result for all parties is either trade or sign long term.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2024 07:45 AM

https://x.com/holderstephen/status/1...139877981?s=46

This report from a Colts beat writer makes it sound like the trade would be done if acquiring team could get the contract part figured out.

smithandrew051 03-15-2024 07:47 AM

Hey Vikings. Nice extra first round pick you got there.

How about you slide that on over and we’ll give you an elite DB?

The Franchise 03-15-2024 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17444807)

This report from a Colts beat writer makes it sound like the trade would be done if acquiring team could get the contract part figured out.

Teams are probably using the Jaylon Johnson contract and Sneed wants more.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-15-2024 07:55 AM

Quote:

I'm guessing the Chiefs have given Sneed and extension number or play on the tag scenario. Sneed wants more bag, but will probably be forced to make a decision soon and last on his list would be playing on the tag. He will be extended or traded. Playing on the Tag would be not be wise, especially if his Knee may be an issue.

BWillie 03-15-2024 08:05 AM

Minimum 8-peat

Danguardace 03-15-2024 08:09 AM

As it stands this secondary is so cheap surely Sneed can get a reasonable 3 year deal? Only Vet is Reid.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-15-2024 08:11 AM

Quote:

Not sure if I believe that. Several teams have a ton of cap space left and could front load a contract pretty easily. On a side note it's pretty common for players to get traded during this draft. It's something to watch.

ThaVirus 03-15-2024 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17444814)
Teams are probably using the Jaylon Johnson contract and Sneed wants more.

That was my initial thought

RealSNR 03-15-2024 08:28 AM

At this point as great of a player as Sneed is, I don't know how crucial he is to the illustrious 3-peat provided we ensure the other young guys are ready to handle his work or Spags figures out ways to scheme the other players. Under the assumption that we secure a 2nd rounder, of course.

It's just we're so loaded back there, man. It's not just the longterm I'm thinking about. It's honestly the short term. I'd rather have flexibility with a 2nd round pick who has potential to do some things for us plus cap space to be flexible with than Sneed.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2024 08:30 AM

Yeah, it sure sounds like we are ready to pull the trigger and Ballard is pinching pennies as usual.

Get the deal done ****er. You aren't paying your QB and you haven't won shit.

Hoover 03-15-2024 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17444847)
Not sure if I believe that. Several teams have a ton of cap space left and could front load a contract pretty easily. On a side note it's pretty common for players to get traded during this draft. It's something to watch.

The Chiefs just skull **** the rest of the NFL.

They all bitch about us winning all the time. But do they hire away our coaches? No. Do they sign our free agents? No, not really. I mean they even let guys who are cheap come back and play another year for us. Allegtrtti not getting a contract from a team last year was a crime. I laughed out loud when they resigned him. Its just like Wharton and Nnadi. Hey I know those guys are never going to be superstars, but team are allowing the Chiefs to retain 25, 26 year old guys who have developed in our system for peanuts. IMO, its a huge advantage, because not only is the price is right, but they know the system.

Veach is such a good GM. We now head into the draft and our only pressing need is LT and online depth, and frankly if you figure something out at LT in the draft or free agency, I think the Chiefs probably have decent depth because Morris and Caliendo.

As a fellow Oline homer with Smith becoming a free agent, and Thuney getting older, I'd love to seem them grab a kid like Dominic Puni in the middle rounds to solidify the interior for the future.

Jewish Rabbi 03-15-2024 08:40 AM

Sneed may play here next year but ****in Dov Kleiman is not a reliable source

staylor26 03-15-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17444866)
Yeah, it sure sounds like we are ready to pull the trigger and Ballard is pinching pennies as usual.

He's such a ****ing pussy.

Dude finally has his QB on a rookie deal and he's STILL scared to be agressive.

Thank god Veach is our GM, and not him.

smithandrew051 03-15-2024 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17444866)

He’s going to be like the Alex Smith of GMs.

Good enough to stay competitive and keep his job, but lacks that next level.

Colts fans will be very frustrated with time.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2024 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17444887)

I've seen their fans getting impatient too. They are united in wanting this deal to happen and there's a lot of frustration that it isn't done.

Now if Sneed is being a little ridiculous and wanting to reset the market that's one thing, but if I'm Ballard, I'm not hesitating to send pick 46 and pay Sneed 80/4.

RealSNR 03-15-2024 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17444887)

It was fun to call him the second coming of Carl, but that would be unfair to Carl.

It's been like 7 goddamn seasons or whatever. Carl was NEVER this cautious in a given 7-year span, and if he ever was, it's because the talent cupboard was just that damn empty and it made no sense to spend all the cap dollars. You can blame him for being a bigger pussy than Ballard for never drafting a QB, but not for spending $$$

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2024 08:58 AM

They need a dawg like Sneed if they're going to actually take the South from Houston.

Get him and I'll call it a pretty even race.

mr. tegu 03-15-2024 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17444898)
I've seen their fans getting impatient too. They are united in wanting this deal to happen and there's a lot of frustration that it isn't done.

Now if Sneed is being a little ridiculous and wanting to reset the market that's one thing, but if I'm Ballard, I'm not hesitating to send pick 46 and pay Sneed 80/4.

Obviously no clue what Sneed is asking but I can’t imagine his agent would advise turning down that deal in favor of playing on the tag.

Mosbonian 03-15-2024 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17444895)
He’s going to be like the Alex Smith of GMs.

Good enough to stay competitive and keep his job, but lacks that next level.

Colts fans will be very frustrated with time.

Trust me...they already are.

displacedinMN 03-15-2024 09:12 AM

Keep him.

Ming the Merciless 03-15-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17444752)
Just go all in and get the 3-peat. Nothing matters but that.

If we’re in for a roster reset next year, so be it. All the more reason to go balls deep and make history.

this times eleventy billion

Gary Cooper 03-15-2024 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17444908)
They need a dawg like Sneed if they're going to actually take the South from Houston.

Get him and I'll call it a pretty even race.

Stroud is levels above Richardson. That will be their long-term issue trying to get over in that division. We know QBs win divisions.

That said, if they're satisfied with Richardson for the near future, Sneed makes sense. Even for top dollars. Their defense was among the leaders in sacks in 2023. An elite pass rush and CB make them that much tougher to play against.

Hammock Parties 03-15-2024 09:33 AM

More smoke

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Regarding Chiefs cornerback L’Jarius Sneed — who was franchised and given permission to seek a trade — my understanding is the holdup is less about KC’s willingness to trade him and more about the challenge of agreeing to a new contract.</p>&mdash; Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1768629581139877981?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nightfyre 03-15-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17444966)
More smoke

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Regarding Chiefs cornerback L’Jarius Sneed — who was franchised and given permission to seek a trade — my understanding is the holdup is less about KC’s willingness to trade him and more about the challenge of agreeing to a new contract.</p>&mdash; Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1768629581139877981?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is a reason why this is dragging out. The draft is the deadline for the negotiating parties, and without a deadline there is insufficient pressure to force compromise.

Dunerdr 03-15-2024 09:54 AM

These are the kind of leaks that start coming out when one side is getting up happy with the process. The receiving team?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-15-2024 09:59 AM

Veach just extend Sneed please

BryanBusby 03-15-2024 10:01 AM

IMO Sneed is eventually dealt but not to the Colts

BigRedChief 03-15-2024 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17444761)
Next year is always going to be difficult, every year.

I'd prefer to sign Sneed to a 3 year deal, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. The only way the Chiefs trade Sneed is if it allows them the ammo to move up to get a LT, which helps you a lot with next year's cap.

Agree here. If we don’t get enough draft capital to move up to get a great player on that first round 5 year cheap deal, then let’s go balls deep to chase immortality and thst 3peat.

Red Dawg 03-15-2024 10:12 AM

Sneed wants highest paid most likely. He thinks he's earned it but he won't get it. If he was thought of that way then a team would gone all in to get him. This may go on for a while.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-15-2024 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17444869)
Hey I know those guys are never going to be superstars, but team are allowing the Chiefs to retain 25, 26 year old guys who have developed in our system for peanuts. IMO, its a huge advantage, because not only is the price is right, but they know the system.

Great post, and this part is such a bigger deal than most people realize. I remember back in the day when we were constantly cycling through these kinds of guys, and it kills your chemistry and structure because you're constantly just wasting draft picks on these role player type guys trying to fill these niche positions, and it was just constant turnover of guys who barely know what they're doing and then after 4 years, poof, gone. Then you start from scratch, and repeat the cycle.

It's just yet another reason we are head and shoulders above the rest.

Delano 03-15-2024 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17445026)
Sneed wants highest paid most likely. He thinks he's earned it but he won't get it. If he was thought of that way then a team would gone all in to get him. This may go on for a while.

Is this just another one of your dipshit hallucinations or do you have a source?

staylor26 03-15-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 17445082)
Is this just another one of your dipshit hallucinations or do you have a source?

That moron has been overly pessimistic and wrong about everything so far this offseason.

wazu 03-15-2024 10:52 AM

Quote:

It is kind of being implied by the reports leaking out. Saying the Chiefs are being "reasonable" on draft pick compensation but teams can't figure out the contract kinda points to one thing.

Rain Man 03-15-2024 10:53 AM

I would be beyond thrilled if we kept both Jones and Sneed. If Veach did that and then started a cult, I would join.

raybec 4 03-15-2024 10:56 AM

Quote:

He's said that 10 times and it's all coming directly out of his ass.

Red Dawg 03-15-2024 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17445086)
That moron has been overly pessimistic and wrong about everything so far this offseason.

I'm the moron? You can't see the obvious issue. You think Veach wants the 19 mil price of the tag? He wants Sneed off the books but Sneed won't budge on his contract demands.

Delano 03-15-2024 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17445091)
It is kind of being implied by the reports leaking out. Saying the Chiefs are being "reasonable" on draft pick compensation but teams can't figure out the contract kinda points to one thing.

That implication is the order of business in the NFL. It’s tough to give up premium opportunity AND real cost for one guy. Veach needs to thread the needle and LJs representation needs to compromise.

All sides have leverage here.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-15-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

...and the cap will go up again....and we will restructure to make room, and we'll back load the guys we do sign. In other words....we'll be fine

VAChief 03-15-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17445104)
I'm the moron? You can't see the obvious issue. You think Veach wants the 19 mil price of the tag? He wants Sneed off the books but Sneed won't budge on his contract demands.

It sounds great to keep him, but I think you want to keep McDuffie and Creed even more, especially considering we know his knees are suspect. It's tough to pay 2 corners big money, if it's between Sneed and McDuffie, I choose McDuffie.

Red Dawg 03-15-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 17445119)
It sounds great to keep him, but I think you want to keep McDuffie and Creed even more, especially considering we know his knees are suspect. It's tough to pay 2 corners big money, if it's between Sneed and McDuffie, I choose McDuffie.

Exactly. This is exactly what Veach is trying to do. He's planning ahead. If McDuffie wasn't really good then Sneed would be extended already.

tyecopeland 03-15-2024 11:21 AM

But what has Rickey said about it now?

morphius 03-15-2024 12:10 PM

I like the way Veach played this one, it shows Sneed how much people other teams are willing to pay him, and that he might not be worth what he thinks he is. It also gives us an out and some picks if someone wants to over pay.

Mecca 03-15-2024 12:11 PM

Basically teams went eh we aren't giving up a 2 to give a guy 20 mill a year.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-15-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17445026)

If he was thought of that way the Lions would have given us #29 before free agency even started.

On top of that be honest with ourselves. It's easier to win this year if Sneed is on the team. We only lose if we deal Sneed on the cheap.

Also. Sneed loves being a Chief. He doesn't want to be Tyreek but this is his one big contract. He can't take a discount.

Mecca 03-15-2024 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17445266)
If he was thought of that way the Lions would have given us #29 before free agency even started.

Yea I don't think he wants highest paid but when one team wants your low 1 and another will take much less for 2 players who aren't that far apart. Sneeds better but it isn't a massive gap...yea the deal you take is obvious.

Chargem 03-15-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Might not be as bad as it seems, I am seeing $53m cap space and that includes Toney having his 5th year option picked up for ~15m. With the cap going up, it's more like 70m in cap space.

Plus 2 drafts, another round of RFA/ERFA tenders next year, and some new deals which have a low year 1 cap hit.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-15-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17445273)
Yea I don't think he wants highest paid but when one team wants your low 1 and another will take much less for 2 players who aren't that far apart. Sneeds better but it isn't a massive gap...yea the deal you take is obvious.

I'm not buying the contract demands either. These teams don't want to give the Chiefs ammunition. Last year nobody would trade with the Chiefs in the first round. Now teams are low balling for Sneed even though whoever they draft will probably be an average player at best.

Also the the Steelers wouldn't trade with us because we are the Chiefs.

Veach's wizardry has the whole NFL world on edge.

Mecca 03-15-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17445289)
I'm not buying the contract demands either. These teams don't want to give the Chiefs ammunition. Last year nobody would trade with the Chiefs in the first round. Now teams are low balling for Sneed even though whoever they draft will probably be an average player at best.

Also the the Steelers wouldn't trade with us because we are the Chiefs.

Veach's wizardry has the whole NFL world on edge.

I mean when you win all the time this happens, you don't want to help your competition or you immediately think they know something you don't etc.

DRM08 03-15-2024 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17445255)
Basically teams went eh we aren't giving up a 2 to give a guy 20 mill a year.

But they should. He’s a GREAT player. Just ask Tyreek. “Jammed my ass to Cancun!”

staylor26 03-15-2024 12:49 PM

A little more context to this guy's earlier tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ok, I was maybe a little ambiguous here. Put it this way: I was told the Chiefs are being reasonable. The bigger question is whether anyone can come to terms with Sneed on a contract.</p>&mdash; Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1768642372437459433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 03-15-2024 12:51 PM

If Sneed isn't able to come to a deal with another team...what makes anyone think that he's going to sign a team friendly deal with us?

New World Order 03-15-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17445344)
A little more context to this guy's earlier tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ok, I was maybe a little ambiguous here. Put it this way: I was told the Chiefs are being reasonable. The bigger question is whether anyone can come to terms with Sneed on a contract.</p>&mdash; Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1768642372437459433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So we’re definitely not extending him then.

Possible he plays on the tag

staylor26 03-15-2024 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17445351)
So we’re definitely not extending him then.

Possible he plays on the tag

Which is dumb. Offers aren't going to get any better next year when he's a year older, and he risks having more injury concerns next year.

I'd like to think they're bluffing, and when called on it, he signs with somebody (us or another team).

Sometimes these things just take time, and there's no rush with the draft still more than a month away.

smithandrew051 03-15-2024 01:04 PM

Rickey has weighed in

ThyKingdomCome15 03-15-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17445349)
If Sneed isn't able to come to a deal with another team...what makes anyone think that he's going to sign a team friendly deal with us?

He plays on the tag and then walks next year. We then get a churc round comp pick which isn't dramatically lower than what teams were offering. Oh, and 3peat.

The Franchise 03-15-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17445376)
Rickey has weighed in

Well?

staylor26 03-15-2024 01:07 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Colts definitely have the cap room and a need for CB. It&#39;s a good &quot;problem&quot; to have for the Chiefs.</p>&mdash; Rickey (@PrettyRickey213) <a href="https://twitter.com/PrettyRickey213/status/1768713169898262870?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>