ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs need to acquire their next star WR and LT of the future in this draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352594)

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 11:32 AM

The Chiefs need to acquire their next star WR and LT of the future in this draft.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My Top 50 drops on Wednesday and half of it might be OTs and WRs.<br><br>Two loaded groups! <a href="https://t.co/lfsWEZhzCm">https://t.co/lfsWEZhzCm</a></p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1764315750997668303?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?

tredadda 03-03-2024 11:39 AM

Agreed.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 11:39 AM

For my Wanya fans, I still like him… I think we can find better in this class.

He’d be the perfect swing tackle and could become the RT after Taylor is gone.

BWillie 03-03-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426327)

I don't. Did you watch the Raider game on Xmas?

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426327)

There are worse things than having 3 starting quality OTs on the roster, with two being on rookie deals if Wanya turns out to be good.

I just wouldn’t bet the season on him at this point.

If a Sneed trade involves moving up the first, I’m all for OT in Round 1 and WR in Round 2. Wouldn’t mind moving up in the second for that receiver.

RunKC 03-03-2024 11:46 AM

I think it’s very fair to say that 5 of the top 6 WR’s will be gone in the top 20 picks. If I had to guess that’s the top 3 and the 2 Texas WR’s.

And I would put money on Buffalo doing everything possible to trade up for the 6th guy (in this case Bryan Thomas Jr).

Smart money is to trade Sneed for a top 50 pick, trade up for the best Tackle they love and then trade up for the myriad of really good WR’s in early rd 2.

McConkey, Coleman, Legette, Pearsall, McMillan, Wilson, Walker, Franklin.

There’s gonna be a ton of options

Wallcrawler 03-03-2024 11:48 AM

You'll find no argument from me in any investment put towards keeping 15 upright and healthy.

Wanya was clearly not a finished product when we saw him last, and I'd have some trepidation about just moving forward with him as the guy.

That being said, I'd agree with trade ups, even though Veach has been great with our later round picks (Sneed as a 4, Pacheco as a 7 for instance) because the wr room is going to be addressed, Veach has shown us as much with the early release of MVS, and if you can get back up there into the ranks of players that didn't require you to meticulously comb through their tape to find what they could bring to the team and have obvious talent you gotta do it if you're serious about a 3peat.

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 11:51 AM

If Wanya Morris and whichever OT we draft both turn out to be good enough to start, Reid/Heck will find a way to get them on the field even with Taylor at RT.

We have an expensive LG and a rookie RG who will both be gone soon. Someone can move inside if we need them to.

Having too many good OTs is a great problem to have. We’ll figure it out.

mnchiefsguy 03-03-2024 11:52 AM

Sounds like a gameplan to me.

Optimal situation of having the best players available that also fill positions of need.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17426335)
I don't. Did you watch the Raider game on Xmas?

It was really bad — doesn’t mean he’s a total lost cause. The other games he was adequate.

Again, I prefer him as the swing tackle with a chance to develop into RT of the future.

O.city 03-03-2024 12:02 PM

I don’t think there’s gonna be a LT available at 32

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17426357)
I don’t think there’s gonna be a LT available at 32

There’s gonna be - some might be more raw than others though.

Jordan Morgan, Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul, Guyton could be, and there’s some others that if nothing else they may like a lot more than Wanya at that spot.

Titty Meat 03-03-2024 12:09 PM

Can we please stop using blanket terms with this team? They've had on paper anyway mediocre WRs and there LTs have been Orlando Brown/Donovan Smith

They don't have to do anything

BWillie 03-03-2024 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17426340)
You'll find no argument from me in any investment put towards keeping 15 upright and healthy.

Wanya was clearly not a finished product when we saw him last, and I'd have some trepidation about just moving forward with him as the guy.

That being said, I'd agree with trade ups, even though Veach has been great with our later round picks (Sneed as a 4, Pacheco as a 7 for instance) because the wr room is going to be addressed, Veach has shown us as much with the early release of MVS, and if you can get back up there into the ranks of players that didn't require you to meticulously comb through their tape to find what they could bring to the team and have obvious talent you gotta do it if you're serious about a 3peat.

Getting better WR's is a investment into keeping 15 upright and healthy also. The shittier the WR's he has, the more he has to hold onto the ball, run around and risk injury.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17426367)
Can we please stop using blanket terms with this team? They've had on paper anyway mediocre WRs and there LTs have been Orlando Brown/Donovan Smith

They don't have to do anything

Just reading the tea leaves. It’s not hard.

It’s Veach’s strategy, and most GMs, to attack positions like this when the board sets up this way.

Offense was tough this year. We shouldn’t be content to run it back like that even though it worked out this once.

UChieffyBugger 03-03-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426365)
There’s gonna be - some might be more raw than others though.

Jordan Morgan, Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul, Guyton could be, and there’s some others that if nothing else they may like a lot more than Wanya at that spot.

Chiefs have met with Patrick Paul. Javon Foster is another name I'm keeping an eye on.

Titty Meat 03-03-2024 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426373)
Just reading the tea leaves. It’s not hard.

It’s Veach’s strategy, and most GMs, to attack positions like this when the board sets up this way.

Offense was tough this year. We shouldn’t be content to run it back like that even though it worked out this once.

I agree with that. I think just getting Mooney makes this offense better. Id like to see us get a RB who's a receiving threat too since McKinnon is getting up there in age but most of the biggest moves we can make are re-signing guys like Jones, Tranquill, etc

RealSNR 03-03-2024 12:29 PM

For the long term obviously a rookie or Wanya developing and working out is far better.

For the short term? I don't think it really matters. We'll struggle at LT if we don't have Smith or some other veteran in there through trade or free agency. And that's the bitch of going all in. If you're going all in, you need a decent LT or you can probably forget about the threepeating. I don't think starting a rookie, even one that they highly covet and manage to trade up to get, is going to get the job done.

It's why I think we're going to bring back Smith, potentially for multiple years. Or perhaps we've been secretly planning for the Jawaan Taylor to LT over the course of the regular season behind closed doors. Or, like Titty Meat said, they're in the prime of Mahomes, and they know they can win a Super Bowl any number of different ways.

MahomesMagic 03-03-2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426315)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My Top 50 drops on Wednesday and half of it might be OTs and WRs.<br><br>Two loaded groups! <a href="https://t.co/lfsWEZhzCm">https://t.co/lfsWEZhzCm</a></p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1764315750997668303?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?

WRs

Adonai Mitchell-ALPHA-
Brian Thomas Jr
Ladd McConkey

Tackle

Give me the Yale guy in the 2nd round.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17426384)
For the long term obviously a rookie or Wanya developing and working out is far better.

For the short term? I don't think it really matters. We'll struggle at LT if we don't have Smith or some other veteran in there through trade or free agency. And that's the bitch of going all in. If you're going all in, you need a decent LT or you can probably forget about the threepeating. I don't think starting a rookie, even one that they highly covet and manage to trade up to get, is going to get the job done.

It's why I think we're going to bring back Smith, potentially for multiple years. Or perhaps we've been secretly planning for the Jawaan Taylor to LT over the course of the regular season behind closed doors. Or, like Titty Meat said, they're in the prime of Mahomes, and they know they can win a Super Bowl any number of different ways.

I won’t be upset if they sign Donovan Smith or Tyron Smith. I get that approach. It crosses a big need off with a quality player.

But their injury problems are scary and I don’t think you can bet on them to play 20 games. So, I’d just prefer we take our lumps with some growing pains and get a long term answer this year when it appears possible to do so even in picks 32-64.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2024 12:32 PM

Wanya should be moved to LG

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17426389)
Wanya should be moved to LG

Thuney is still here for probably two years though.

Wanya is more valuable as the swing tackle.

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426390)
Thuney is still here for probably two years though.

Wanya is more valuable as the swing tackle.

Couldn’t Wanya be the swing this year then RG next year? I can’t imagine we’d pay to keep Trey Smith.

Assuming Wanya doesn’t take the starting LT gig.

staylor26 03-03-2024 12:39 PM

Problem with this OT class is while deep, a lot of these guys project better to RT, or even OG.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17426391)
Couldn’t Wanya be the swing this year then RG next year? I can’t imagine we’d pay to keep Trey Smith.

Assuming Wanya doesn’t take the starting LT gig.

Could be. Verderame said he could see Trey being priced around Ben Powers’ deal, which was like $52.5m over 4 years and only about half guaranteed.

That might be tolerable for us if you know your LT is gonna be cheap for 5 years and Thuney is almost off the books.

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17426394)
Problem with this OT class is while deep, a lot of these guys project better to RT, or even OG.

We’ve gotten it done with pretty average LT play so far.

I think just having some cost controlled stability for a few years has value, even if the player is just alright.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 12:42 PM

There’s more than a few high upside/more raw LT options that will be there for us if we want, and I’m OK taking that gamble for a kid who will play next to Thuney and be coached by Heck.

MahomesMagic 03-03-2024 12:44 PM

Don't want a gimmick WR or a decoy with a 1st round pick.

Give me a guy that will immediately get on the field and make a difference.

RealSNR 03-03-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17426386)
WRs

Adonai Mitchell-ALPHA-
Brian Thomas Jr
Ladd McConkey

Tackle

Give me the Yale guy in the 2nd round.

I love the idea of taking Amegadjie, but he definitely requires a backup plan. The torn quad doesn't look good for him being a suitable starting option for this year.

staylor26 03-03-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426402)
There’s more than a few high upside/more raw LT options that will be there for us if we want, and I’m OK taking that gamble for a kid who will play next to Thuney and be coached by Heck.

If there's a guy like that in the 1st that will actually be available, I think it's Kingsley.

I could possibly see Mims or Guyton falling into our laps if there's an unexpected run at WR and/or CB (another fairly deep group IMO).

In58men 03-03-2024 12:50 PM

I really wish they would move the draft up to the end of March. The anticipation is going to be at an all time high this year lol.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 01:09 PM

McConkey just feels so safe in this offense.

Like an instant 1,000 yards candidate. I just don’t have hardly any questions about his game.

TrebMaxx 03-03-2024 01:15 PM

He will be gone before we pick. How cool would it be to have a legacy LT in Joe Alt son of John Alt? I have seen him projected somewhere from 7 to 15 in the first round.

staylor26 03-03-2024 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426425)

Like an instant 1,000 yards candidate. I just don’t have hardly any questions about his game.

Yea, I'm running out of reason not to like him at this point.

I prefer guys like Worthy, Mitchell, and Coleman, but I wouldn't hate it.

RealSNR 03-03-2024 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 17426431)
He will be gone before we pick. How cool would it be to have a legacy LT in Joe Alt son of John Alt? I have seen him projected somewhere from 7 to 15 in the first round.

Only way we have a shot at him is if he pulls a La'el Collins and the police implicate him as a murder suspect.

Then we don't even need to burn a draft pick on him!

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 01:23 PM

Rice
McConkey
Mooney
Hardman
Watson/Moore/Toney (whichever guy Veach takes a chance on)
Late Round Pick

That could be our WR room. Thoughts?

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17426435)
Only way we have a shot at him is if he pulls a La'el Collins and the police implicate him as a murder suspect.

Then we don't even need to burn a draft pick on him!

I’ll see what I can do.

You all owe me for this.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17426436)
Rice
McConkey
Mooney
Hardman
Late Round Pick

Yards and points. Lots of them.

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426438)
Yards, points, and erections. Lots of them.

Fyp

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17426434)
Yea, I'm running out of reason not to like him at this point.

I prefer guys like Worthy, Mitchell, and Coleman, but I wouldn't hate it.

Rice had talent, but the reason he’s a massive hit so far is 1) going to the Chiefs and 2) his competitiveness and desire to be great/win

These WRs we’re discussing all have the talent to thrive in KC. But I want the guy who loves the game and is going to have that fire we see from Kelce and even Rice now.

Everything I’ve heard out of McConkey this week makes me think it could be him.

Dunerdr 03-03-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

I started the year actively not wanting to like him, but **** he killed the combine. If he’s a second rounder I’d swing on mims/guyton then move up for Ladd. I’d even be pretty happy with Brendan Rice. The kid knows how to get to where the balls going off script. He ran pretty poor and that’s could be beneficial. We’d still need a field stretcher. But rice and ladd/b.rice takes a lot of the stress for our middle field passing game off Kelce or could at least imo.

Megatron96 03-03-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

Rice
McConkey
Mooney
Hardman
Late Round Pick

Looks like hell.

Also, there's a near 100% chance that we keep Watson and either Toney/Moore. And some chance that we keep all three. And we might even keep Hardman, limited as he is. Cheap labor and all that. With that in mind, personally, I'd rather not take a blind swing at Mooney becoming a decent WR.

If Sneed gets traded, Veach should use the extra cap space to get a real WR, up to $20 million/yr if that's what it takes.

ForeverIowan 03-03-2024 01:39 PM

Trade Sneed and package a future 1st rounder if needed. Go after the 3 peat and take adgantage of this loaded draft at our two biggest positions of weakness.

Dunerdr 03-03-2024 01:40 PM

Quote:

Rice
McConkey
Mooney
Hardman
Late Round Pick

Unless Moore or Toney get traded there’s probably not room for a late round pick. They’re probably not giving up on Moore unless Mahomes is just flat out done. And KT is just dead money to cut right?

RunKC 03-03-2024 01:40 PM

Quote:

Agree 100%. He does everything at a high level.

Natural hands catcher, can play inside or outside, has the speed to be a deep threat or run screens and is extremely smart. The kid embarrassed DB’s at the Senior Bowl showing off his route running skills that also embarrassed DB’s in the SEC.

This week solidified everything. Size is great, elite 40 and elite 10 yard split.

It’s funny bc everyone universally loved Rome Odunze being good at everything but when Ladd McConkey is good at everything he’s got a high floor LMAO

CaptainMorgan 03-03-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426441)
Rice had talent, but the reason he’s a massive hit so far is 1) going to the Chiefs and 2) his competitiveness and desire to be great/win

These WRs we’re discussing all have the talent to thrive in KC. But I want the guy who loves the game and is going to have that fire we see from Kelce and even Rice now.

I’m warming up to the idea of McConkey as well. I noticed he’s a finance major who graduated in 3 years so gotta imagine he’s a pretty smart kid as well, which can’t hurt.

Dunerdr 03-03-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17426453)
Agree 100%. He does everything at a high level.

Natural hands catcher, can play inside or outside, has the speed to be a deep threat or run screens and is extremely smart. The kid embarrassed DB’s at the Senior Bowl showing off his route running skills that also embarrassed DB’s in the SEC.

This week solidified everything. Size is great, elite 40 and elite 10 yard split.

It’s funny bc everyone universally loved Rome Odunze being good at everything but when Ladd McConkey is good at everything he’s got a high floor LMAO

Lunch pail problems. I’m as guilty as anyone in this case. Have we compared him to Edelman yet?

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17426452)
Unless Moore or Toney get traded there’s probably not room for a late round pick. They’re probably not giving up on Moore unless Mahomes is just flat out done. And KT is just dead money to cut right?

I’d probably just cut Toney no matter what.

He seems like a head case and simply can’t be on the field. You can’t trust that he won’t make a major negative play.

He has the unique ability to turn a wide open route with a pass hitting him in the hands into a turnover. It’s actually quite impressive.

I wouldn’t think we’d cut Moore, but didn’t we cut Speaks after 2 seasons? Wouldn’t be the first time Veach let a 2nd rounder go early.

Megatron96 03-03-2024 01:44 PM

Quote:

Not to mention that a large percentage of his touches were manufactured, let's not forget that.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17426448)
Looks like hell.

Also, there's a near 100% chance that we keep Watson and either Toney/Moore. And some chance that we keep all three. And we might even keep Hardman, limited as he is. Cheap labor and all that. With that in mind, personally, I'd rather not take a blind swing at Mooney becoming a decent WR.

If Sneed gets traded, Veach should use the extra cap space to get a real WR, up to $20 million/yr if that's what it takes.

I wouldn’t call a guy who had over 1000 yards with Mitch Trubisky and has been playing with a RB for a QB the past two years “a blind swing at becoming a decent WR”.

Dunerdr 03-03-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17426458)
I’d probably just cut Toney no matter what.

He seems like a head case and simply can’t be on the field. You can’t trust that he won’t make a major negative play.

He has the unique ability to turn a wide open route with a pass hitting him in the hands into a turnover. It’s actually quite impressive.

I wouldn’t think we’d cut Moore, but didn’t we cut Speaks after 2 seasons? Wouldn’t be the first time Veach let a 2nd rounder go early.

Id probably just float toney out for any conditional pick I can get. Next years seventh if he finishes the year on your team?

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17426459)
Not to mention that a large percentage of his touches were manufactured, let's not forget that.

Kid is incredible on quick screens, and that’s a credit to him and his burst and physical run after catch style.

That being said, from the Bengals game on when they really started to let him play >80% of the snaps and built some plays around him, it was different. He was winning a lot at the intermediate level of the field. I think he can be what JuJu was with the backshoulder ball down field and it flashed - something he and Patrick need to rep all summer long.

FringeNC 03-03-2024 01:52 PM

So who is our starting LT? Any chatter about bringing back Donovan Smith? He indicated somewhere that he was interested in playing for the Jets. Also someone posted that Nate (I think) indicated that they plan to roll with Wanya Morris.

It seems as least as important as our WR issue and there is very little discussion about it.

staylor26 03-03-2024 01:53 PM

"Most of his touches were manufactured"

Yea, and most of his yards were earned after the catch, where he led the league.

CaptainMorgan 03-03-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17426461)
Id probably just float toney out for any conditional pick I can get. Next years seventh if he finishes the year on your team?

Part of me wonders if they want to give him a final chance with a full training camp and a bit of a reset. I would have thought the popping off by Toney during the post season would have been the end of him. The team seemed to cover for him though and kept him in the tent so to speak. I assumed they just wanted to keep him off an opponents roster. Now that the season is done and he’s still on the team, I assume it’s because they want to give a final chance with a full TC or because they’re trying to get something for him, which makes sense. If the dude could put it together (mentally and health wise) he has talent.

CaptainMorgan 03-03-2024 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17426468)
"Most of his touches were manufactured"

Yea, and most of his yards were earned after the catch, where he led the league.

I don’t know this for a fact, but I bet if you tracked his “manufactured catches” that they showed a decline as the season progressed and through the playoffs.

staylor26 03-03-2024 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan (Post 17426470)
I don’t know this for a fact, but I bet if you tracked his “manufactured catches” that they showed a decline as the season progressed and through the playoffs.

They clearly did, but Megatron doesn't watch games apparently.

tredadda 03-03-2024 01:58 PM

Quote:

Can he catch the ball and be where he’s supposed to be when he is supposed to be there? If so he almost instantly becomes the second best WR on this team.

MahomesMagic 03-03-2024 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426460)
I wouldn’t call a guy who had over 1000 yards with Mitch Trubisky and has been playing with a RB for a QB the past two years “a blind swing at becoming a decent WR”.

Yeah, as soon as the Bears picked up DJ Moore everyone sold their Mooney stock.

Nothing to with him. Bears offense made Moore the focal with some Kmet.

CaptainMorgan 03-03-2024 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17426472)
They clearly did, but Megatron doesn't watch games apparently.

His evolution from game 1 to the SB was a thing of beauty. His development was handled fantastically, and the fact that he was able to develop the way that he did in year 1 of this offense was/is huge. But somehow because he didn’t come in and play like Jerry Rice from week 1 diminishes him. I don’t get it. The dudes year 1 stats were very similar to AJ Brown’s year 1 stats (also a second rounder)

MahomesMagic 03-03-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17426474)
Can he catch the ball and be where he’s supposed to be when he is supposed to be there? If so he almost instantly becomes the second best WR on this team.

Mooney would have been the #1 WR most of last year.

With Rice they would be 1a/1b with complimentary skillsets.

He's one of the best at going for the ball in the air. Absolute dog for his size.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-03-2024 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan (Post 17426476)
His evolution from game 1 to the SB was a thing of beauty. His development was handled fantastically, and the fact that he was able to develop the way that he did in year 1 of this offense was/is huge. But somehow because he didn’t come in and play like Jerry Rice from week 1 diminishes him. I don’t get it. The dudes year 1 stats were very similar to AJ Brown’s year 1 stats (also a second rounder)

He’s basically a better JuJu for us. Same role, similar skill sets.

But I think Rice is better after the catch. Never going to be a great deep threat, but he doesn’t need to be because he’s a bad mother****er with the ball in his hands.

Like I said, he caught a couple back shoulder balls. I remember ones against the Raiders and Bills in regular season. He and Patrick didn’t rep that much at all last year. They’re going to now.

CaptainMorgan 03-03-2024 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17426480)
He’s basically a better JuJu for us. Same role, similar skill sets.

But I think Rice is better after the catch. Never going to be a great deep threat, but he doesn’t need to be because he’s a bad mother****er with the ball in his hands.

Like I said, he caught a couple back shoulder balls. I remember ones against the Raiders and Bills in regular season. He and Patrick didn’t rep that much at all last year. They’re going to now.

His game is going to continue to evolve and develop and will have more facets to it next year than it did this year. Which is exciting because he was excellent this year.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-03-2024 02:07 PM

We only have 5 picks… we don’t have the ammunition to trade up

CaptainMorgan 03-03-2024 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 17426488)
We only have 5 picks… we don’t have the ammunition to trade up

I thought we had 6? And possible to get more of Sneed is traded.

smithandrew051 03-03-2024 02:13 PM

Rice was one of the most important non-QB draft picks in team history.

I can confidently say we don’t win the Super Bowl if we don’t nail that specific pick.

CaptainMorgan 03-03-2024 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17426494)

I can confidently say we don’t win the Super Bowl if we don’t nail that specific pick.

And not just for this season. For the next 3 at least in my opinion.

MahomesMagic 03-03-2024 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17426494)

Someone needed to catch the ball because this was one of the worst WR corps I have ever seen.

It's like you would have to TRY to come up with players so inept that D Robinson, Pringle, and Cris Conley coming off the PS all would have been stars here.

;)

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2024 03:08 PM

Let's trade this years #32, next years #32 and the next years #32 to move up and grab Joe Alt

We can get rid of our current LT RIGHT NOW and sign a star WR with that money

In58men 03-03-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17426528)
Let's trade this years #32, next years #32 and the next years #32 to move up and grab Joe Alt

We can get rid of our current LT RIGHT NOW and sign a star WR with that money

I’m down and then go all in on Brandon Aiyuk!!!!

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-03-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17426499)
Someone needed to catch the ball because this was one of the worst WR corps I have ever seen.

It's like you would have to TRY to come up with players so inept that D Robinson, Pringle, and Cris Conley coming off the PS all would have been stars here.

;)

Has MahomesMagic always been this insufferable or is it just recently?

MahomesMagic 03-03-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17426532)
Has MahomesMagic always been this insufferable or is it just recently?

Must be your time of the month.

Time to change your tampon.

MahomesMagic 03-03-2024 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan (Post 17426454)
I’m warming up to the idea of McConkey as well. I noticed he’s a finance major who graduated in 3 years so gotta imagine he’s a pretty smart kid as well, which can’t hurt.

It would be very Evil Empire to grab McConkey end of round 1.

Chris Meck 03-03-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17426459)

We've always done that, and will always do that, so it's irrelevant. Nobody said shit when it was Tyreek.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-03-2024 03:41 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ladd McConkey (WR - Georgia)<br><br>Height: 6&#39;0<br>Weight: 185<br>40: 4.39<br>Vertical: 36&quot;<br>Broad Jump: 124&quot;<br><br>Garrett Wilson (WR - Ohio State)<br><br>Height: 6&#39;0<br>Weight: 183<br>40: 4.38<br>Vertical: 36&quot;<br>Broad Jump: 123&quot;<br><br>This one is scary. <a href="https://t.co/2ZWBioj0zi">pic.twitter.com/2ZWBioj0zi</a></p>&mdash; Kyle Yates (@KyleYNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleYNFL/status/1764091513342930959?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris Meck 03-03-2024 03:42 PM

I'm not so sure left or right tackle matters as much anymore. There are just as many stud pass rushers off the right as the blind side anymore.

I think we need to keep stocking the OT position, but I'd take either side. We know the Chiefs feel ok about Taylor at either side, and Morris played both in college. Take a kid early and figure it out in camp.

Rain Man 03-03-2024 04:11 PM

Whatever we need, Veach will get it done.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2024 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17426551)
I'm not so sure left or right tackle matters as much anymore. There are just as many stud pass rushers off the right as the blind side anymore.

I think we need to keep stocking the OT position, but I'd take either side. We know the Chiefs feel ok about Taylor at either side, and Morris played both in college. Take a kid early and figure it out in camp.

Gotta worry about the blind side more

O.city 03-03-2024 04:23 PM

I don’t think they want Taylor on the left

ChiefsFanatic 03-03-2024 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17426375)
Chiefs have met with Patrick Paul. Javon Foster is another name I'm keeping an eye on.

Javon Foster could be a mid round steal. I have seen him projected anywhere from 4th to 7th, but he is big, athletic, and from reading about him coaches think he is really smart and coachable.