ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352575)

penguinz 03-01-2024 08:18 AM

Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared <br>with all teams.<br><br>Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. <a href="https://t.co/ipHqfxNBYJ">pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ</a></p>&mdash; MLFootball (@_MLFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1763404777105334667?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 1, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 08:19 AM

Did you actually read the article?

Quote:

In accepting his invitation, Williams also did not sign off on having his medical records shared with all 32 teams, sources say.

The NFL has for years gotten complaints from draft prospects about the length of time for medical examinations as well as the redundancy of having doctors from all teams examine the same player and ask the same (or similar) questions.

ESPN first reported that Williams did not plan to do medical testing at the combine, and further reported he plans to submit to medical exams with teams with which he meets individually during the pre-draft process.

SD15 03-01-2024 08:19 AM

If his Dad has a twitter account, he’s ****ed

penguinz 03-01-2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423594)

yes, he once again thinks he is above how the NFL works. it is a trend of his and not a good looking trend.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 08:22 AM

Quote:

Beat me to it.

Not sure what the average Chiefs fan’s obsession with tearing this dude down is all about.. they compare him to Mahomes and all of a sudden we’ve got raging hate boners for the guy.

RedinTexas 03-01-2024 08:23 AM

But did any of his teammates go to his birthday party?

Buehler445 03-01-2024 08:25 AM

In the draft thread I postulated if he was a social experiment to see how many red flags he could throw up and still get drafted 1 overall.

Otter 03-01-2024 08:27 AM

USC...

Enough said.

Bearcat 03-01-2024 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423596)
yes, he once again thinks he is above how the NFL works. it is a trend of his and not a good looking trend.

If there's a stupid process, why not take a step towards maybe getting it changed one day? :shrug:

"We've been wasting everyone's time for years and everyone hates it" isn't exactly reason to just fall in line when you can easily do sometimes else.

My first thought when reading the tweet was that if I had the Bears looking to draft me, I might do something stupid to fall down the list a bit, heh.

Hoover 03-01-2024 08:28 AM

I get it. But imagine if Pat would have done that? No way the Chiefs interest in him would have stayed quiet.

penguinz 03-01-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423598)
Beat me to it.

Not sure what the average Chiefs fan’s obsession with tearing this dude down is all about.. they compare him to Mahomes and all of a sudden we’ve got raging hate boners for the guy.

It has nothing to do with Mahomes.

Caleb is coming across like one of the most entitled little child in NFL history.

ChiefsCountry 03-01-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Beat me to it.

CP hates every first round QB every year

In58men 03-01-2024 08:30 AM

Quote:

Beat me to it.

This is why I find him a bit annoying. Hopefully he matures bc he’s giving me Manziel vibes.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0f7b1a75f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

penguinz 03-01-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423603)
If there's a stupid process, why not take a step towards maybe getting it changed one day? :shrug:

"We've been wasting everyone's time for years and everyone hates it" isn't exactly reason to just fall in line when you can easily do sometimes else.

My first thought when reading the tweet was that if I had the Bears looking to draft me, I might do something stupid to fall down the list a bit, heh.

There is a reason why this info is shared with each and every team.

Teams pick players all the time they never directly communicated with. You expect them shell out massive amounts of $ without access to medicals?

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423596)

That's nonsense. He's going to be the top pick in the draft and he's the most successful college QB to ever enter the NFL. Why would you submit to tests with a team like the Chiefs? Just because it's always been done? Who cares about that?

Set a new standard that other players in a similar situation can follow.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 08:32 AM

Quote:

I don't think this is an actual thing:

Quote:

"If I get drafted by the Bears, I'll be excited," Williams said during a conversation with Pete Thamel of ESPN. "If they trade the pick, and I get drafted by someone else, I'm just as excited. Speaking about Chicago, they have a talented team, a talented offense and defense. For anyone to be in that situation, I think they'd be excited."

-King- 03-01-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423609)

Teams pick players all the time they never directly communicated with. You expect them shell out massive amounts of $ without access to medicals?

There's zero chance the team that drafts him which will be the first team to draft a player doesn't directly communicate with him LMAO

Hell, id be surprised if by draft day he doesn't have a playbook already.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17423607)

Basically just any QB lol

Josh Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Purdy, Dak, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson.. the list goes on.

seamonster 03-01-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17423607)

Cry's about the medical records, moronically wanted to have partial ownership in whatever team drafted him, paints his nails, wears dresses, complains about playing in chicago (has to walk it back because the only professional league willing to sign him is the NFL), has an instigram photo-op scene on the sidelines crying with his mom. No professional NFL grown man wants to deal with this shit. And if your a fan of him you might as well chop your balls off. He's one step removed from Xe and getting breast augmentations.

Eleazar 03-01-2024 08:42 AM

Don't think I would want my team drafting Lonzo. But the Bears fans are used to living through QB nightmares. I'd feel bad for them if it wasn't Chicago :evil:

Bearcat 03-01-2024 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17423618)
Cry's about the medical records, moronically wanted to have partial ownership in whatever team drafted him, paints his nails, wears dresses, complains about playing in chicago (has to walk it back because the only professional league willing to sign him is the NFL), has an instigram photo-op scene on the sidelines crying with his mom. No professional NFL grown man wants to deal with this shit. And if your a fan of him you might as well chop your balls off. He's one step removed from Xe and getting breast augmentations.

That's the real reason why old white guys don't like him....xenophobia.

Glad we cleared that up.

tredadda 03-01-2024 08:42 AM

Quote:

Thinking about it, this is how I feel about the situation. The farthest this guy falls is to #2. Very few teams will be in the market for him. Does he really need to submit records to teams that have no chance at drafting him?

notorious 03-01-2024 08:43 AM

Shocking! /no one

I would avoid this headcase like the plague.

Bearcat 03-01-2024 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423609)

Yeah, that's confusing... the article says "redundancy of having doctors from all teams examine the same player and ask the same (or similar) questions" while saying he's denying sharing info with all teams.

If he's saying no to reptitiveness of giving the same answers about his medical history 32 times, that's understandable. If he's basically saying "it's none of the Chiefs business, they aren't drafting me".. it's kind of petty, but whatever.

DenverChief 03-01-2024 08:52 AM

So basically he is saying that because he is special he doesn’t have to be treated like everyone else. Sounds like a character flaw.

tredadda 03-01-2024 08:52 AM

Quote:

Was that partial ownership thing even true? I thought it was a rumor that was debunked.

seamonster 03-01-2024 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423627)

Glad we cleared that up.

And old black guys and old mexicans. It's a mans league (NFL). It doesn't cater to 22 year old male model "influencers". Case in point, Colin Kaepernicks offensive line stopped blocking for him because he plowed his teamates wife. They ended his career (welll before he started pouting on the sidelines because he got benched). I can foresee this princess having a similar career trajectory if he doesn't get over himself.

seamonster 03-01-2024 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17423637)
Was that partial ownership thing even true? I thought it was a rumor that was debunked.

It came out of his camp.

DenverChief 03-01-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423631)
Yeah, that's confusing... the article says "redundancy of having doctors from all teams examine the same player and ask the same (or similar) questions" while saying he's denying sharing info with all teams.

If he's saying no to reptitiveness of giving the same answers about his medical history 32 times, that's understandable. If he's basically saying "it's none of the Chiefs business, they aren't drafting me".. it's kind of petty, but whatever.

While I don’t disagree with the premise - he is basically saying I’m so special there are only a handful of Teams that will draft me and I only want to take a physical for them. It just reeks of privilege to me the “rules only apply to thee and not me” kinda attitude. Idk it’s not the most egregious thing in the world but I think it’s a glimpse into “who” he is.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 08:57 AM

I’d be excited to be drafted by Chicago as well.

DJ Moore and Cole Kmet are great weapons. I’ve always liked Mooney if they can bring him back. Major city with tons to do. He’d obviously make the most if drafted in that slot. They have another top 5 pick this year plus an additional 2nd in 2025 to add talent. I would welcome the challenge of helping flip a floundering franchise..

Lots of reasons to want to go to Chicago, IMO.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 08:57 AM

It's not a ton different than when Deion refused to do a psych test for the Giants.

"When are you all picking?"
"18th"
"I'll be gone long before then; I don't have time for this..."

And hey - if you're Deion Sanders, you can do that sort of thing and it becomes a story people tell decades later about confidence and believing in yourself.

If you're not, it's the part they talk about right before the gloomy music plays during the Ryan Leaf/Johnny Manziel/Caleb Williams documentary about haughty QB busts...

I don't think it's a great look but it's also not all that surprising. Williams is a guy that's gonna do his own thing. So he'd better be a really damn good football player or all that stuff will be used against him someday.

DenverChief 03-01-2024 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17423646)
It's not a ton different than when Deion refused to do a psych test for the Giants.

"When are you all picking?"
"18th"
"I'll be gone long before then; I don't have time for this..."

And hey - if you're Deion Sanders, you can do that sort of thing and it becomes a story people tell decades later about confidence and believing in yourself.

If you're not, it's the part they talk about right before the gloomy music plays during the Ryan Leaf/Johnny Manziel/Caleb Williams documentary about haughty QB busts...

I don't think it's a great look but it's also not all that surprising. Williams is a guy that's gonna do his own thing. So he'd better be a really damn good football player or all that stuff will be used against him someday.

LMAO. I didn’t now that Deion story.

Monticore 03-01-2024 09:01 AM

Quote:

Glad we cleared that up.

Having odd style choices can mean absolutely nothing about the what type of person they are but haven’t dealt with people up close and personal for 27 years I have noticed a few things that can give you a bit of an idea though . Doing really odd things doesn’t make you odd but it increases the chance especially if things start to add up , now that doesn’t mean he can’t and won’t be a great player and teammate but if someone is risk averse it might scare someone away.

Bearcat 03-01-2024 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17423639)
And old black guys and old mexicans. It's a mans league (NFL). It doesn't cater to 22 year old male model "influencers". Case in point, Colin Kaepernicks offensive line stopped blocking for him because he plowed his teamates wife. They ended his career (welll before he started pouting on the sidelines because he got benched). I can foresee this princess having a similar career trajectory if he doesn't get over himself.

That's clearly a tiny bit different than hating someone because they paint their fingernails.

Nobody's manhood is in jeopardy if he becomes the QB of your team. He can be him and everyone keeps their manliest of manly traits, even if you root for him.

It'll be alright.

tredadda 03-01-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17423641)
It came out of his camp.

Gotch. I for whatever reason thought it was an unsubstantiated rumor.

Bearcat 03-01-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 17423649)
Having odd style choices can mean absolutely nothing about the what type of person they are but haven’t dealt with people up close and personal for 27 years I have noticed a few things that can give you a bit of an idea though . Doing really odd things doesn’t make you odd but it increases the chance especially if things start to add up , now that doesn’t mean he can’t and won’t be a great player and teammate but if someone is risk averse it might scare someone away.

Yeah, definitely a shitty situation where you're expected to be more or less like everyone else, and everything you do is put under a microscope by people who will never meet you.... and that just pushes the media to create "this guy is just a normal guy" content, which makes the xenophobes hate him even more.

And I don't know a ton about the guy... he could end up being a total rube who loses the locker room because he can't relate at all to anyone else and puts no effort into doing so. There's obviously meeting people halfway and not being completely unapologetically weird.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423655)
That's clearly a tiny bit different than hating someone because they paint their fingernails.

Nobody's manhood is in jeopardy if he becomes the QB of your team. He can be him and everyone keeps their manliest of manly traits, even if you root for him.

It'll be alright.

He might just be weird and self-absorbed. There are a fair number of indicators that this is the case.

As the Broncos how weird and self-absorbed plays in a locker room.

Like I said - if you're really good, you can pull it off. When Wilson was at his peak, his weirdness was seem as charming. As he started to struggle, dude became a meme. He didn't get weirder, he just wasn't a superstar and nobody was willing to go to bat for him so he spiraled.

This sort of stuff doesn't mean you're going to fail. But it really does kinda leave you working without much of a net. You'd better be good. And you'd better be good pretty damn quickly.

Lzen 03-01-2024 09:10 AM

Quote:

Say what? :hmmm:

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423665)
Yeah, definitely a shitty situation where you're expected to be more or less like everyone else, and everything you do is put under a microscope by people who will never meet you.... and that just pushes the media to create "this guy is just a normal guy" content, which makes the xenophobes hate him even more.

And I don't know a ton about the guy... he could end up being a total rube who loses the locker room because he can't relate at all to anyone else and puts no effort into doing so. There's obviously meeting people halfway and not being completely unapologetically weird.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/q9crr_x6H...-that-word.gif

Lzen 03-01-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Glad we cleared that up.

I wouldn't care about the painting nails (Derrick Carr was trying to be Goth and did that, IIRC) but what is this about wearing dresses?

BryanBusby 03-01-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17423608)
This is why I find him a bit annoying. Hopefully he matures bc he’s giving me Manziel vibes.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0f7b1a75f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I actually laughed a little bit at this one.

Bearcat 03-01-2024 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17423667)
He might just be weird and self-absorbed. There are a fair number of indicators that this is the case.

Like I said - if you're really good, you can pull it off. When Wilson was at his peak, his weirdness was seem as charming. As he started to struggle, dude became a meme. He didn't get weirder, he just wasn't a superstar and nobody was willing to go to bat for him so he spiraled.

This sort of stuff doesn't mean you're going to fail. But it really does kinda leave you working without much of a net. You'd better be good. And you'd better be good pretty damn quickly.

Agreed... you do have to meet people halfway, especially when you're losing games. Have to be able to read the room and not shove your weirdness into people's faces without giving a **** what they think.

RealSNR 03-01-2024 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423645)
I’d be excited to be drafted by Chicago as well.

DJ Moore and Cole Kmet are great weapons. I’ve always liked Mooney if they can bring him back. Major city with tons to do. He’d obviously make the most if drafted in that slot. They have another top 5 pick this year plus an additional 2nd in 2025 to add talent. I would welcome the challenge of helping flip a floundering franchise..

Lots of reasons to want to go to Chicago, IMO.

Dumbass defense-minded head coach with a revolving door of OCs. Chicago looks good on paper for all the reasons you mentioned, but it's far from perfect. He's probably going to be changing head coaches and offensive playbooks/systems some time in the next two seasons.

If I'm Williams I'm not going to refuse to go there, but it's not exactly a perfect fit. It's what he said -- he's gonna get drafted and have a chance to be a starting QB in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's Chicago, Washington, or wherever.

penguinz 03-01-2024 09:15 AM

Quote:

Maybe I am remembering wrong but I don;t recall Wilson acting like a weirdo until after he was having success in the NFL.

Like you said when you are winning you can get away with it.

Caleb has shown nothing in the NFL to get away with it.

Maybe he is the real deal and becomes a top 5 QB.

I don't see it.

seamonster 03-01-2024 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423655)

It'll be alright.

NFL is combat sport. Most of the 53 put their long-term health in jeopardy. Offensive lineman have to learn how to deal with injuries that could put you on short-term disability and could keep you out of your cubicle farm for weeks. And it's cut-throat. Every year younger and quicker players get drafted to take your job. You can be a male model influencer and play cover corner or run your little 10 yard out routes. But you can't be QB (see Colin and Dwayne and Manzel). I've watched this douche for years (had a tangential connection to Gonzaga highschool) and I can gaurantee you that that partial ownership, chicago whining, and medical bullshit is coming from him and his family. His shtick is not going to fly in a professional locker room if his hero ball style doesn't translate to success.

Lzen 03-01-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17423669)

I was about to mention that. Xenophobia is a prejudice against people from other countries.

Pablo 03-01-2024 09:18 AM

Just dropping in to be xenophobic as ****

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3f84c31259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423676)
Agreed... you do have to meet people halfway, especially when you're losing games. Have to be able to read the room and not shove your weirdness into people's faces without giving a **** what they think.

And therein the question lies.

When the Trojans were going 8-5 and fighting to stay out of dead last in a disbanding Pac-12 - did Caleb Williams meet anyone halfway or lean into his weird?

Sure seemed to be the latter to me. He didn't handle adversity terribly well last season. As they were going 1-5 down the stretch, Williams seemed to be checking out or going MORE over the top.

Guy really could've gone 0-6 (a 1 point win over Cal was his only W in his last 6 games) and then USC played their best game since probably week 3 when he decided to sit the bowl game out.

That's gotta be a concern doesn't it?

Bearcat 03-01-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17423669)

Seems like one of those words that has a broader definition now that people have misused it for broader purposes for so long... I can use "shouts at clouds" if you prefer.

RedinTexas 03-01-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

When you're winning, it's colorful. When you're losing, it's a distraction and harmful to the team. He's going high in the draft to a bad team. It's not going to be considered colorful when they're losing.

493rd 03-01-2024 09:22 AM

A bust like CJ Stroud was supposed to be? A bust like many thought Patrick Mahomes might be? Nobody knows shit at this point despite all the lip-flapping going on.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17423689)
Seems like one of those words that has a broader definition now that people have misused it for broader purposes for so long... I can use "shouts at clouds" if you prefer.

'People' simply use it as a proxy for calling people racist when they get tired of saying racism and want to sound smarter. I'll let you decide the general leanings of the 'people' in question.

It doesn't have a broader definition now. There are just more stupid people that have decided to use it when they're ranting about...well whatever...and need to find a third word to fit into their "Misogynistic, homophobic, X" rant. Xenophobic fits the patter batter so that's what they use.

Naw man, it means what it's always meant.

Lzen 03-01-2024 09:23 AM

I really couldn't care less about this guy. But as others have pointed out, he seems like a self absorbed, arrogant, douche. I never have cared for people like that. And if his NFL career is a failure, I won't feel bad for him.

But I'm still curious, what was that about a dress?

Gary Cooper 03-01-2024 09:23 AM

USC produces such wonderful NFL QBs. What could possibly go wrong?

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 17423691)
A bust like CJ Stroud was supposed to be? A bust like many thought Patrick Mahomes might be? Nobody knows shit at this point despite all the lip-flapping going on.

You mean a bust like Bryce Young was supposed to be? Like many thought Johnny Manziel might be?

Not much of a retort.

Nothing is ever truly 'known' in the draft. But what you can do is look at things that impact odds and probabilities.

You'd really prefer Williams not have these sort of aloof and egocentric tendencies. Because again, that's not going to make him friends in the clubhouse. And anything that decreases the probability of success (i.e. your O-Line doesn't really care if you get hit, your WRs aren't going to give up their body to pull in your slightly misplaced pass) is a bad thing.

stumppy 03-01-2024 09:28 AM

https://firstroundmock.com/2024/02/f...test-decision/

Former NFL Scout Removes Caleb Williams From Draft Board Due to Latest Decision
February 26, 2024 | Daniel Kelly | Articles

Decisions are like footballs and with USC quarterback Caleb Williams’ latest decision not to throw at the NFL Scouting Combine, I am officially removing him from my draft board at First Round Mock ⎯completely. I’ve seen and heard enough.

I’ll keep the fourth-round evaluation on Williams which reflects his performance on game film over the past two seasons (I’ve evaluated every snap) and how his skillset projects to the NFL. In short, he’s an elite athlete, who’s underdeveloped as a quarterback. That’s not a hot take, it’s the truth (and my end game isn’t clicks, it’s to get a second chance in the NFL).

For starters, his 3.21 second time to throw (PFF) doesn’t translate well to the next level. Bears’ quarterback Justin Fields has the slowest time to throw in the NFL at 3.23 seconds (Next Gen Stats).

We’ll get back to that............... More at the link.

Bearcat 03-01-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17423692)
'People' simply use it as a proxy for calling people racist when they get tired of saying racism and want to sound smarter. I'll let you decide the general leanings of the 'people' in question.

It doesn't have a broader definition now. There are just more stupid people that have decided to use it when they're ranting about...well whatever...and need to find a third word to fit into their "Misogynistic, homophobic, X" rant. Xenophobic fits the patter batter so that's what they use.

I dunno, it's pretty broad here...
Quote:

fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

If you look back to the ancient Greek terms that underlie the word xenophobia, you'll discover that xenophobic individuals are literally "stranger fearing." Xenophobia, that elegant-sounding name for an aversion to persons unfamiliar, ultimately derives from two Greek terms: xenos, which can be translated as either "stranger" or "guest," and phobos, which means either "fear" or "flight."
Blame the Greeks (but don't hate them). :D

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

JohnnyHammersticks 03-01-2024 09:29 AM

If I was running the Bears I'd take the massive haul I could get by trading out of the #1 spot and let someone else deal with this weirdo.

Bwana 03-01-2024 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17423693)
I really couldn't care less about this guy. But as others have pointed out, he seems like a self absorbed, arrogant, douche. I never have cared for people like that. And if his NFL career is a failure, I won't feel bad for him.

Likewise

Pablo 03-01-2024 09:32 AM

I am excited to see how Caleb Williams fairs as a leader of men.

displacedinMN 03-01-2024 09:32 AM

But at least he will be part owner of the team
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

then looking at the OP tweet--what a ****ing egomaniac. I hope he fails miserably.

Womble 03-01-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Of course penguinz read it. The article goes on to say that Caleb Williams and Samuel Adams are still at large.

nychief 03-01-2024 09:34 AM

I think he's going to be amazing. I don't really get the hate for him. He's been trying to use what little leverage he has to be in the best position - QBs have been doing this since Elway.

Pablo 03-01-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17423720)
Of course penguinz read it. The article goes on to say that Caleb Williams and Samuel Adams are still at large.

Cross thread roast is A+++

stumppy 03-01-2024 09:37 AM

Quote:

Same here.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 09:39 AM

I don't know about that but the Bears I am predicting will trade down with Washington, get extra 1st round picks from Wash and then select Drake Maye who is a better fit for a Sean McVay, precision style offense.

KK and Caleb? Eh.

JohnnyHammersticks 03-01-2024 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17423716)
I am excited to see how Caleb Williams fairs as a leader of men.

Bet they have the nicest nails in the league. Weekly manicures and pedicures.

If they win a SB he'll be the first QB to buy his OL the latest Dior dresses.

The Franchise 03-01-2024 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17423692)

Kind of like woke.

Hog Rider 03-01-2024 09:50 AM

Give him another participation trophy then tell him to be good or you'll get a time out.

Lzen 03-01-2024 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17423720)

Yes!!

https://beverages2u.com/wp-content/u...ston-lager.png

tredadda 03-01-2024 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17423670)
I wouldn't care about the painting nails (Derrick Carr was trying to be Goth and did that, IIRC) but what is this about wearing dresses?

He can be queer as a $3 bill, but if he can ball out like so many expect him to, then they won’t care.

raybec 4 03-01-2024 09:54 AM

One of my buddies sent me a clip from an Outkick (I know) podcast. They were saying that Williams hasn't hired an NFLPA approved agent because during the interview process they were asking potential agents if they'd be willing to subvert the collective bargaining agreement by demanding the team break the rookie scale. I have no idea if that's true.

https://video.outkick.com/m/eoQ9wH6r...on-and-withrow

Eleazar 03-01-2024 10:04 AM

Quote:

There was a lot of the same type of pre-draft talk about Geno Smith, and more than that the mental toughness aspects, believing he'd already "arrived" and was read to dominate in the NFL. What you would call "makeup" in baseball, that he didn't have it.

Chris Meck 03-01-2024 10:09 AM

I really think he's a Jamarcus Russell sized bust. Like a Ryan Leaf level fail.

stevieray 03-01-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17423826)
I really think he's a Jamarcus Russell sized bust. Like a Ryan Leaf level fail.

Exactly why asking for part ownership in a team that you could faceplant on is ridiculous, among other reasons.

Jerm 03-01-2024 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 17423831)
Exactly why asking for part ownership in a team that you could faceplant on is ridiculous, among other reasons.

Pretty sure that turned out to not be true...

stevieray 03-01-2024 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17423835)
Pretty sure that turned out to not be true...

That's good.

Thanks.

BWillie 03-01-2024 10:15 AM

I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?

Jerm 03-01-2024 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 17423838)
That's good.

Thanks.

No problem...:toast:

ChiefaRoo 03-01-2024 10:16 AM

“I don’t see any problems with Caleb.” ~ John Manziel