ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alpha WR's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352530)

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 11:58 AM

Alpha WR's

Thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Alpha WR's as there has been a lot of attention already on getting a better Mecole or MVS or tiny 140 lb slot WR's.

Alphas can't be stopped, you can only pray to contain them.

Malik Nabers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lOZzW2JY1C0?si=OPgJcWKnjXqdi3_W" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adonai Mitchell

Adonai Mitchell is no stranger to Georgia fans. 2nd & 18, 8:16 left in the fourth quarter, Stetson Bennett drops back and completes a 40-yard touchdown strike to Mitchell over the outstretched Alabama defender to garner Georgia the lead in the national title.
It's arguably the biggest catch in program history, and according to sources, Mitchell is only scratching the surface of his stardom. It's virtually every day at this point, Mitchell will have people within the building raving about some miraculous catch he's made, or how he caught 80% of the footballs during 11on11 scrimmages.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aHi0CIoa_34?si=vaD6D01d4db8vHAG" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch as Adonai takes over the game and has to be held repeatedly to avoid further embarrassment.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-8UO8Fc_75U?si=qq-3FeFYLYoF_KEn" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcbubb 02-27-2024 12:24 PM

Yes. We need a wr that has that attitude that MJ, Kobe or Mahomes has. They have that desire to win that’s different. Some of these prospects come across as pretty content. I’ve fallen victim to be fooled by the numbers and think we’ve got to draft for attitude and demeanor more than we have in the past. You can see that attitude rashee rice. He was upset in the Super Bowl and wanted the ball more. He was ready for the spotlight in the big moment. Give me more guys like that.

staylor26 02-27-2024 12:24 PM

Xavier Worthy (20 y/o):

2,755 yards 26 TDs

Adonai Mitchell (22 y/o) :

1,405 yards 18 TDs

Tell me again which of these two is the "alpha" :hmmm:...

O.city 02-27-2024 12:26 PM

Mitchell is a similar prospect to George Pickens.

The Chiefs didn't seem to be interested in him and haven't really ever been interested in that type of guy WR

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17419215)
Xavier Worthy (20 y/o):

2,755 yards 26 TDs

Adonai Mitchell (22 y/o) :

1,405 yards 18 TDs

Tell me again which of these two is the "alpha" :hmmm:...

Adonai Mitchell is a top 15 talent in this draft.

Worthy I would value similar to Josh Downs last year who went in the 3rd round (and I wanted Downs then). Downs has better change of direction.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17419218)

The Chiefs didn't seem to be interested in him and haven't really ever been interested in that type of guy WR

Pickens is a good comp. That's his FLOOR.

He can be way better.

Mecca 02-27-2024 12:33 PM

I like how he has Nabers in the list when there are people that think some teams have Nabers ahead of Harrison.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17419236)
I like how he has Nabers in the list when there are people that think some teams have Nabers ahead of Harrison.

Nabers will be gone early.

But he's an Alpha so had to give him a shout out in the Alphas thread.

kccrow 02-27-2024 12:36 PM

I don't think Mitchell is half as good of a prospect as you make him out to be. We'll see how far under 4.6 he runs because I don't think it'll be by much. He also just doesn't have the physical presence to make up for it. Worthy is a far better prospect IMO and was easily the better of the two on that team, which let Mitchell get a lot of coverage rolled away from him.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17419240)
I don't think Mitchell is half as good of a prospect as you make him out to be. We'll see how far under 4.6 he runs because I don't think it'll be by much. He also just doesn't have the physical presence to make up for it. Worthy is a far better prospect IMO and was easily the better of the two on that team, which let Mitchell get a lot of coverage rolled away from him.

Worthy is the Paris Campbell and Adonai is the Terry McLaurin on Texas.

I have already done this years ago where people said I was crazy to have Mclaurin ahead of the incredible tiny slot Parris.

staylor26 02-27-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419232)

Worthy I would value similar to Josh Downs last year who went in the 3rd round (and I wanted Downs then). Downs has better change of direction.

Yea, I wouldn't want to talk about the drastic difference in production either...

kccrow 02-27-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419243)

I have already done this years ago where people said I was crazy to have Mclaurin ahead of the incredible tiny slot Parris.

McLaurin was a good prospect that ran fast as **** himself. That is not what you have here in Mitchell. I'd be happy with Mitchell at the bottom of 2. He's not worth discussing for me in round 1.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17419250)
McLaurin was a good prospect that ran fast as **** himself. That is not what you have here in Mitchell. I'd be happy with Mitchell at the bottom of 2. He's not worth discussing for me in round 1.

McLaurin ignored by the draft talking heads because the volume went through the slot at Ohio State.

I would prefer the better boundary WR who projects better at the NFL level.

That's Adonai who can be a #1 WR.

Worthy isn't a 1 or a 2 for me.

Palangi 02-27-2024 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419243)

Wait… Parris was 6’ 205. How is that tiny?

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palangi (Post 17419296)
Wait… Parris was 6’ 205. How is that tiny?

I thought he weighed less coming into the league.

In any case, McLaurin was clearly the better player but every mock talked about Campbell like he was special.

ntexascardfan 02-27-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17419240)

Adonai struggled to get separation in the college game and really never had much YAC.

I think Worthy would be a good fit for what we're missing in the offense and is a threat to take every ball he touches to the house, plus he would be a weapon in the return game for us.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 17419320)
Adonai struggled to get separation in the college game and really never had much YAC.

I think Worthy would be a good fit for what we're missing in the offense and is a threat to take every ball he touches to the house, plus he would be a weapon in the return game for us.

No, he did not.

Watch him vs Alabama. He scored 2 TD's and they had to grab and hold him from getting more.

ntexascardfan 02-27-2024 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419327)
No, he did not.

Watch him vs Alabama. He scored 2 TD's and they had to grab and hold him from getting more.

I'm a Longhorns fan and watched every game he played. He struggles to get separation when the play isn't schemed to get him open -- which Sark is a master of in his offense.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 17419333)
I'm a Longhorns fan and watched every game he played. He struggles to get separation when the play isn't schemed to get him open -- which Sark is a master of in his offense.

LMAO

He was playing outside boundary over and over against guys that will be playing corner at the NFL level and showed a hell of a lot more than little Worthy or Franklin as to beating real corners at the next level.

Anyways, this is the Alpha thread. If you want to talk about a tiny slot or a MVS replacement there are other spots for you to promote those guys.

O.city 02-27-2024 01:29 PM

I'd prefer to not draft a guy that can't get open

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17419352)
I'd prefer to not draft a guy that can't get open

I'd prefer you watch him play.

I embedded some videos to help you.

O.city 02-27-2024 01:39 PM

Yeah, I've watched enough. He's fine.

He's not the type of WR the Chiefs will prefer. I'm not sure he's gonna run very well, so we may be able to get him in the 2nd, which would be awesome.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17419374)
Yeah, I've watched enough. He's fine.

He's not the type of WR the Chiefs will prefer. I'm not sure he's gonna run very well, so we may be able to get him in the 2nd, which would be awesome.

Yeah, unfortunately our preferences created one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.

staylor26 02-27-2024 01:49 PM

You can like Adonai and while also acknowledging that he's not a separator.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17419393)

He gets open. He won't get college open at the next level.

Most of the tiny fast guys won't either though.

Dunerdr 02-27-2024 02:15 PM

Quote:

Nah just going to ignore the parts I dont like because im already balls deep.

ToxSocks 02-27-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17419218)

Lol like **** he is. Let me know when Mitchell does anything even remotely similar to what Pickens displayed.

Dont understand the Mitchell hype at all. That's a 4th round draft pick in my eyes.

ToxSocks 02-27-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419235)
Pickens is a good comp. That's his FLOOR.

He can be way better.

ahhh naaaah.

ToxSocks 02-27-2024 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419232)

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="12007368131756137942" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="0.909639" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/bunnies-what-confused-meh-gif-12007368131756137942">Bunnies What GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/bunnies-gifs">Bunnies GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

ToxSocks 02-27-2024 03:04 PM

Quote:

He's not an anything-arator.

O.city 02-27-2024 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17419514)
Lol like **** he is. Let me know when Mitchell does anything even remotely similar to what Pickens displayed.

Dont understand the Mitchell hype at all. That's a 4th round draft pick in my eyes.

Wins in similar ways.

Doesn't quite do it as well.

staylor26 02-27-2024 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17419526)
He's not an anything-arator.

LMAO

There are some positives. He's very fluid for his size, with great body control, and great hands.

But he damn sure isn't a separator.

I'm not a huge fan either. I think he's more of a 2nd rounder even at 32.

staylor26 02-27-2024 03:11 PM

I also agree that Pickens was a better prospect minus the character concerns.

I thought Pickens was a 1st rounder.

Now if you want to talk about weird, MahomesMagic didn't like Pickens much. Said he wasn't a WR1.

But he loves Mitchell? Top 15 player?

I don't get it at all.

ToxSocks 02-27-2024 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17419531)
Wins in similar ways.

Doesn't quite do it as well.

"Doesn't quite do it as well" is an understatement of epic proportions. Pickens displayed excellent body control and a real knack for fighting for the ball. While similar in size, Pickens displayed some fantastic athletic ability when the ball was in the air and seemed to all of a sudden become "more athletic" depending on the degree of difficulty of the catch.

There is simply nothing in Mitchell's "tape" that exhibits what Pickens displayed.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 03:12 PM

I expect actual NFL teams will draft Adonai higher than where Pickens went.

ToxSocks 02-27-2024 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17419535)
LMAO

There are some positives. He's very fluid for his size, with great body control, and great hands.

But he damn sure isn't a separator.

I'm not a huge fan either. I think he's more of a 2nd rounder even at 32.

Fluid for his size? Sure, i'll accept that. He does pluck the ball our of the air, so yeah, good hands.

But damn, not only does he not separate, he's not a contested catch guy either. Not impressed with his body control, has some wasted motion with limbs flailing around. Not a burner, obviously. Clearly not a YAC guy either.

You'd draft him hoping he becomes Hopkins. And lord knows most WR's with that skillset never become Hopkins.

If he ends up in the NFL as some guy who can read zones and do that savvy Kelce/Hopkins shit to get open, ok fine. But damn that's a long shot.

Me? Im banking on athletic ability and that "IT" factor when i draft a WR.

ToxSocks 02-27-2024 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419539)
I expect actual NFL teams will draft Adonai higher than where Pickens went.

But why?

Pickens had waaaaaay better "tape".

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17419547)
But why?

Pickens had waaaaaay better "tape".

You don't have to believe me.

Watch what happens.

:thumb:

Couch-Potato 02-27-2024 05:39 PM

How about Keon Coleman?! I think he's the best "Alpha" WR we have a shot at!

He's young too! What really sells me on the kid is go watch his returns! ...see how he instinctually makes the immediate move after catching the ball to shake initial defenders and take off up field, like he doesn't have to think about it or he's seeing the play in slow motion. Especially slick for a 6-4 guy. ****! Our WRs can't even catch a pass when they're wide open, this kid's effortlessly one or two chess moves ahead of the field before he even touches the ball. His natural instincts and athletic ability really shine in those plays!

MahomesMagic 02-27-2024 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17419931)
How about Keon Coleman?! I think he's the best "Alpha" WR we have a shot at!

He's young too! What really sells me on the kid is go watch his returns! ...see how he instinctually makes the immediate move after catching the ball to shake initial defenders and take off up field, like he doesn't have to think about it or he's seeing the play in slow motion. Especially slick for a 6-4 guy. ****! Our WRs can't even catch a pass when they're wide open, this kid's effortlessly one or two chess moves ahead of the field before he even touches the ball. His natural instincts and athletic ability really shine in those plays!

I like Keon more than Franklin or Worthy. But Franklin will come in more polished for his role. Keon you have to be patient to get him to a possession 1.

kcbubb 02-29-2024 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419348)
Anyways, this is the Alpha thread. If you want to talk about a tiny slot or a MVS replacement there are other spots for you to promote those guys.

I don’t think size has to do with alpha. Alpha has to do with your attitude and drive. Is tyreek an alpha? Absolutely. He wants the ball in the big moment. Old Steve smith for the panthers. Yes sir. He wants to win and will fight to get it done. I don’t want a loser mentality at wr. And the fact that Texas kept drawing up plays for Adonai Mitchell in the big moments shows you something. They didn’t go to worthy and in some big games worthy dropped passes in big moments. Can the player handle the moment and have the confidence and drive to win and put that work in? If so, he’s an alpha, no matter his size. I don’t see those alpha traits in worthy. I wish I did.

Dunerdr 02-29-2024 10:50 AM

Johnny Wilson is the size and Alpha we need.

Couch-Potato 02-29-2024 10:57 AM

Ok, let's go Alpha!

1. WR Keon Coleman
2. WR Xavier Legette
3. RB/WR Malachi Coley
4. RB Braelan Allen
5. TE Theo Johnson

^That's a physically dominant draft class!

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17422579)
Ok, let's go Alpha!

1. WR Keon Coleman
2. WR Xavier Legette
3. RB/WR Malachi Coley
4. RB Braelan Allen
5. TE Theo Johnson

^That's a physically dominant draft class!

Yeah, everyone trying to find the next MVS or Mecole or Skyy Moore when the only WR we drafted that is good in the last 6 years is a beast in Rice.

staylor26 02-29-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422747)
Yeah, everyone trying to find the next MVS or Mecole or Skyy Moore when the only WR we drafted that is good in the last 6 years is a beast in Rice.

What an absolute ****ing load of shit LMAO

Also, other than DJ, I was probably the biggest Rice fan on here, so there's that.

RunKC 02-29-2024 12:53 PM

Irony of calling WR’s an alpha and shitting on skinnier WR’s while stanning Zay Flowers who is 5’9” and had to work his ass off just to put on weight to get to 180 lbs LMAO

staylor26 02-29-2024 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17422756)
Irony of calling WR’s an alpha and shitting on skinnier WR’s while stanning Zay Flowers who is 5’9” and had to work his ass off just to put on weight to get to 180 lbs LMAO

It's just so odd.

Dude is acting like 2 of the best rookie WRs weren't tiny last year.

Conveniently, can't find a take from him on either guy last year.

Couch-Potato 02-29-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422747)

I'm not completely against this sentiment, but hard to argue that Tyreek wasn't amazing in Andy's offense and that he's partial to smaller, speedier, separators traditionally.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17422756)

Because he is good.

If you are a small WR I need some Wow.

Zay is a wow player.

QJ last year was big but a clumsy oaf.

staylor26 02-29-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422769)
Because he is good.

If you are a small WR I need some Wow.

Zay is a wow player.

QJ last year was big but a clumsy oaf.

So guys that are small can be good?

Then stop pretending that they aren't good simply because they're small you disingenuous bastard.

Your cognitive dissonance is showing.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17422767)
I'm not completely against this sentiment, but hard to argue that Tyreek wasn't amazing in Andy's offense and that he's partial to smaller, speedier, separators traditionally.

Yes, Tyreek was the most dynamic separator of all time and Veach traded him.

Please don't mention little Worthy or frail Franklin in the same sentence as the Cheetah.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17422771)
So guys that are small can be good?

Then stop pretending that they aren't good because they're small you disingenuous bastard.

DUH!

But if you are going to draft a WR that is tiny early they better WOW me.

None of the small or frail guys you are promoting for the 1st round pick are wow players.

Couch-Potato 02-29-2024 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422773)
Yes, Tyreek was the most dynamic separator of all time and Veach traded him.

Please don't mention little Worthy or frail Franklin in the same sentence as the Cheetah.

Fair.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17422781)
Fair.

BTW, I had a 1st round grade on Hollywood Brown because he was dynamic.

I was too high on little KJ a few years ago so now you better be a Flowers or Addison if you are small.

Not pedestrian.

staylor26 02-29-2024 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422777)
DUH!

But if you are going to draft a WR that is tiny early they better WOW me.

None of the small or frail guys you are promoting for the 1st round pick are wow players.

You're conveniently ignoring the second part of that post.

O.city 02-29-2024 01:20 PM

Worthy is a similar prospect to Hollywood. That's a good comparison, thanks.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422819)

Nope.

Not even close.

kccrow 02-29-2024 01:26 PM

Let's define Alpha WR for a minute.

Ok, so just to be a bonafide #1 in the NFL you pretty much need 75 receptions, 1000 yards, and 6 TDs. That means you'd finish in the top 32 in each of the major statistical categories for a WR.

One way to quickly narrow that list is to see who's done it in consecutive seasons. If I pick 3 consecutive seasons as my Alpha benchmark, adjust for injury, then I should get a nice list.

Then here is your Alpha List:

A.J. Brown
CeeDee Lamb
Cooper Kupp
Davante Adams
Ja'Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Keenan Allen
Mike Evans
Stefon Diggs
Tyreek Hill

Chance to get 3 in a row in 2024 and become Alpha's by this definition
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Brandon Aiyuk
DeVonta Smith

You know who doesn't profile like any of these guys? :)

O.city 02-29-2024 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422825)
Nope.

Not even close.

Worthy is bigger, so that's true.

RunKC 02-29-2024 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17422762)
It's just so odd.

Dude is acting like 2 of the best rookie WRs weren't tiny last year.

Conveniently, can't find a take from him on either guy last year.

And Flowers isn’t even a deep threat or outside boundary guy. He’s mostly a slot WR who beats teams in the intermediate level of the field.

He was never a 1st rd WR to me. I’d take Jayden Reed over him all day

O.city 02-29-2024 01:29 PM

I guess you could squint and hope that Mitchell became......Detox said Hopkins. Maybe that or a lesser version of Ceedee?

His physical traits aren't gonna be near that, so that's unlikely, so you're gonna have to have him be more of a feel/smart player. Hopkins probably fits.

Drafting a guy to be that is pretty meh.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17422833)
And Flowers isn’t even a deep threat or outside boundary guy. He’s mostly a slot WR who beats teams in the intermediate level of the field.

He was never a 1st rd WR to me. I’d take Jayden Reed over him all day

Horrible take.

ROFL

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16910548)
I like Flowers and Addison.

Not excited about Quentin.

Week before last years draft.

I also liked Kincaid and La Porta.

O.city 02-29-2024 01:31 PM

Zay is too small to be a legit outside guy. CB's eat him up if that's the case.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422842)
Zay is too small to be a legit outside guy. CB's eat him up if that's the case.

Just stop.

He can line top anywhere on the field and beat any corner in the NFL, including Sneed.

Not surprised that the "I hate offense" crowd hates good WR's....

;)

O.city 02-29-2024 01:34 PM

He's too small. Cb's get their hands on him it's pretty much end of story.

It's why the Ravens used him in bunches and motion alot this year.

RunKC 02-29-2024 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422819)

Fun to talk about but FA will tell us what will tend to happen. They’re gonna get an MVS replacement and likely keep Hardman as cheap depth.

If you get someone like Mooney and keep Hardman it basically erases the need for Worthy IMO. It’s a similar role.

O.city 02-29-2024 01:35 PM

He's fine, Andy would use him well here.

I wouldn't have spent a 1 on him when I could get Rice in the 2nd.

O.city 02-29-2024 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17422852)
Fun to talk about but FA will tell us what will tend to happen. They’re gonna get an MVS replacement and likely keep Hardman as cheap depth.

If you get someone like Mooney and keep Hardman it basically erases the need for Worthy IMO. It’s a similar role.

Just sign Hollywood and be done with it.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422851)
He's too small. Cb's get their hands on him it's pretty much end of story.

It's why the Ravens used him in bunches and motion alot this year.

Yeah, the guy who was promoting the quality of garbage like Skyy Moore and Justin Watson doesn't like the explosive playmaker.

ROFL

RunKC 02-29-2024 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422854)
He's fine, Andy would use him well here.

I wouldn't have spent a 1 on him when I could get Rice in the 2nd.

Yup this is how I felt. He’s 5’9” and barely 180 lbs. He’s not gonna be AB out there.

He’s not winning jump balls and burning guys down the field with 4.42 speed.

O.city 02-29-2024 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422856)
Yeah, the guy who was promoting the quality of garbage like Skyy Moore and Justin Watson doesn't like the explosive playmaker.

ROFL

I don't remember promoting Skyy Moore for anything.

Justin Watson put up 500 yards and 3 TD's for pennies. That seems good?

O.city 02-29-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17422861)
Yup this is how I felt. He’s 5’9” and barely 180 lbs. He’s not gonna be AB out there.

He’s not winning jump balls and burning guys down the field with 4.42 speed.

Size and such will keep him from ever being more than a really good #2.

If he were able to do what he does at 6 foot and 200 pounds, you'd really have something.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422863)
I don't remember promoting Skyy Moore for anything.

Justin Watson put up 500 yards and 3 TD's for pennies. That seems good?

No, its not good.

Your taste in WR's is AWFUL.

Justin Watson was the clown who was featured as the #1 WR against the Eagles and he choked over and over.

wannaGOback 02-29-2024 01:46 PM

If chiefs don’t sign a quality FA for 12-20m per this offseason, they need to draft a WR in the first AND second round.

O.city 02-29-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17422876)
No, its not good.

Your taste in WR's is AWFUL.

Justin Watson was the clown who was featured as the #1 WR against the Eagles and he choked over and over.

Justin Watson cost the Chiefs a million dollars to be their #4 WR, and put up 500 yards, 3 TDs.

That's good management of the whole thing. I can walk you thru understanding of the cap and such sometime?

RunKC 02-29-2024 01:48 PM

Not sure how people discredit Rice or think he isn’t better than Flowers. His ceiling is higher.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qpKrOorAC2M?si=NfT2nhSF42CZarBJ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elite YAC, one of the best young intermediate WR’s and he can win outside.

Cam Taylor-Britt is one of the best young Corners in the league and Rice cooked his ass

O.city 02-29-2024 01:50 PM

Cooked his ass is strong. Seems like a blown coverage?

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17422884)
Not sure how people discredit Rice or think he isn’t better than Flowers. His ceiling is higher.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qpKrOorAC2M?si=NfT2nhSF42CZarBJ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elite YAC, one of the best young intermediate WR’s and he can win outside.

Cam Taylor-Britt is one of the best young Corners in the league and Rice cooked his ass

Maybe catch the ball more than a few yards past the LOS and then we can debate him and Zay Flowers.

Till then Zay is the better player.

MahomesMagic 02-29-2024 01:51 PM

Alpha thread contaminated with the

I Love Punting kids.

Gross.