ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 4 Missouri Pitbulls attack FedEx Driver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352149)

HonestChieffan 02-03-2024 08:52 AM

4 Missouri Pitbulls attack FedEx Driver

Butler Missouri Police Department
·
On 01/25/2024 at approximately 1225 hours, Butler Officers were advised of a dog attack that had occurred at 616 W Ohio Street. The attack occurred when a FedEx delivery driver was attempting to deliver a package.

One Butler Officer responded to the Bates County Memorial Hospital to make contact with the victim who transported himself to the Emergency Room once he was able to escape from the dogs. Other Butler Officers responded to the residence in which the attack occurred.

The victim advised that when the resident of 616 W. Ohio Street opened the door to their residence, four pit bull dogs came out of the residence and attacked him. The victim sustained serious injuries as a result of the vicious attack and was transported to a trauma center in Kansas City after receiving initial treatment at the Bates County Memorial Hospital.

The Officers that responded to 616 West Ohio Street made contact with the owner of the dogs, identified as Dolan Rich. The Officers observed seven total dogs at the residence. The Officers took custody of the four dogs involved in the attack and transported them to the City of Butler kennel. Due to the danger that these vicious dogs presented to the community, they were humanely euthanized.

Dolan Rich received a total of 10 citations for Owning Vicious Dogs, Exceeding Animal Limit, Allowing Dogs to Run At Large, and Failure to Register Dogs. Other charges in relation to this incident are pending review from the Prosecuting Attorney at this time.

KCUnited 02-03-2024 08:56 AM

https://i.imgur.com/vGQ1kyM.jpg

Chief Pote 02-03-2024 08:58 AM

Owning a pitbull should be illegal along with other wild animals.

mr. tegu 02-03-2024 09:07 AM

I’m certain these dogs stayed in the doorway, growled, gave warning signs to the intruder, listened to the owner, and resisted the urge to attack. It really sounds like the delivery driver gave them no choice.

FringeNC 02-03-2024 09:10 AM

I don't understand why someone wants the potential liability. Are they really that much better of a companion than other breeds?

Eleazar 02-03-2024 09:27 AM

In before a relative of the pit bull owner is quoted saying “they never did anything like that before!”

Womble 02-03-2024 09:32 AM

Kill all pitbulls.

https://townsquare.media/site/142/fi...jpg?w=980&q=75

Mephistopheles Janx 02-03-2024 09:35 AM

I love how each one of these pitbull threads runs through the exact same set of comments.

If you have a problem with pit bulls then you have a problem with this guy.

https://i.redd.it/nipj98af4il31.png

I suggest you let that one marinate.

ChiTown 02-03-2024 09:44 AM

I like Pit Bulls, as long as they are served medium rare…

HonestChieffan 02-03-2024 09:54 AM

FedEx wont allow drivers to carry mace, bear spray or guns.

**** that.

Dog Down

Kman34 02-03-2024 09:59 AM

Imagine how that house smells with all those dogs inside..

Spott 02-03-2024 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17381228)

**** that.

Dog Down

What about dog spray? My son is a USPS driver and always has dog spray on him. That’s some bs if they aren’t allowed to have any protection.

Chiefspants 02-03-2024 10:02 AM

If it always boils down to “it’s not the dog, it’s the owner”

Then can we raise the requirements for being an owner of these dogs?

MIAdragon 02-03-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17381228)

**** that.

Dog Down

Way back in the day, fedex had a shortage of drivers and they had this program where active duty military would be auto hired so I figured could use some extra cash. The route they wanted me to run was the absolute worst of the worst in Miami. My response was “wait so you want me to roll through the hood in a huge white van that screams, I’ve got good shit, rob me, and I can’t carry?! I’m out.” No ****ing way.

TLO 02-03-2024 10:11 AM

Deberg threads > Pitbull threads

HonestChieffan 02-03-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 17381232)
What about dog spray? My son is a USPS driver and always has dog spray on him. That’s some bs if they aren’t allowed to have any protection.

Driver called in to KMBZ yesterday and said no to dog spray, mace, anything

Womble 02-03-2024 10:24 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/J4LHVvVZ/Screen...203-161927.png

"Blame the owner not the breed" BIG_DADDY, father of 8 and uncle of 8.

TLO 02-03-2024 10:48 AM

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...0OQ@@._V1_.jpg

KCJake 02-03-2024 10:53 AM

Never understood the animal thing. Never really had a dog or cat growing up. I see these dogs eating kids and I just don't understand the love affair...

BWillie 02-03-2024 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17381172)
Butler Missouri Police Department
·
On 01/25/2024 at approximately 1225 hours, Butler Officers were advised of a dog attack that had occurred at 616 W Ohio Street. The attack occurred when a FedEx delivery driver was attempting to deliver a package.

One Butler Officer responded to the Bates County Memorial Hospital to make contact with the victim who transported himself to the Emergency Room once he was able to escape from the dogs. Other Butler Officers responded to the residence in which the attack occurred.

The victim advised that when the resident of 616 W. Ohio Street opened the door to their residence, four pit bull dogs came out of the residence and attacked him. The victim sustained serious injuries as a result of the vicious attack and was transported to a trauma center in Kansas City after receiving initial treatment at the Bates County Memorial Hospital.

The Officers that responded to 616 West Ohio Street made contact with the owner of the dogs, identified as Dolan Rich. The Officers observed seven total dogs at the residence. The Officers took custody of the four dogs involved in the attack and transported them to the City of Butler kennel. Due to the danger that these vicious dogs presented to the community, they were humanely euthanized.

Dolan Rich received a total of 10 citations for Owning Vicious Dogs, Exceeding Animal Limit, Allowing Dogs to Run At Large, and Failure to Register Dogs. Other charges in relation to this incident are pending review from the Prosecuting Attorney at this time.

That's what you get when the expected delivery said 1/23 and was delivered on 1/25.

BWillie 02-03-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 17381189)
I don't understand why someone wants the potential liability. Are they really that much better of a companion than other breeds?

It's mainly poor people that own pit bulls. They are more available in poor areas because they are cheap or free. They are a very intimidating guard dog to deal with their high burglary rates. Dog bites in general are just more common in poor neighborhoods regardless of breed because they don't receive extensive training as dogs in affluent neighborhoods. It's more common for these types of dogs to not be socialized since many people that breed them due so for protective purposes.

stumppy 02-03-2024 11:13 AM

It was just a misunderstanding. Those dogs would never hurt anyone.

jerryaldini 02-03-2024 11:19 AM

My Vizsla got attacked by one. It took several blows to the head to disengage the bite while the owner only stood and yelled at the dog.

loochy 02-03-2024 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17381209)
I love how each one of these pitbull threads runs through the exact same set of comments.

loooks like some kind of overcompensating closet homo bundle of sticks

who is that? is it just "typical pit bull owner guy"?

Otter 02-03-2024 11:23 AM

Plenty of terrible dog owners out there.

I was walking back from the deli last night and some dipshit was standing in the middle of the sidewalk with his dog. The dog saw me coming and started growling and he didn't even have the brains to tighten up the leash until I passed and it almost bit me.

If I wasn't worried about being sued him and toto would have both seen a couple feet to the ass.

Way too many stupid people out there.

jettio 02-03-2024 12:21 PM

Missouri pit bulls?

Do these bow wows pay state taxes?

I am all for pride of place and loyal to the soil and all that shit, but I am not sure that the dogs are really into it.

Pablo 02-03-2024 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17381296)

I don't know who he is but I guess I'm not supposed to have a problem with him based on a shirtless picture.

golfindude 02-03-2024 12:30 PM

A highly professional couple were walking their 2 pits in the park were I was hitting golf balls. Dogs saw me and instantly headed in my direction. They were leashed but when one of the dogs hit the end, I heard it break and the owner yelled, 'they won't hurt you.' Fortunately the dog was just being playful and stopped short but I was fully prepared to plant my best 9 iron swing in his head. I can somewhat understand why folks in high crime areas have dogs like this but not in a city park with a dog park nearby.

LoneWolf 02-03-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Who is that douche rocket? I don’t have any issue with that guy owning any dog. I do have a problem with that guy for taking a picture trying to look like a badass. Put a shirt on and smile, cock bag. You’re not that serious.

Eleazar 02-03-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Missing the sweatpants/beater ensemble and the neck tats

Lzen 02-03-2024 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17381282)
It's mainly poor people that own pit bulls. They are more available in poor areas because they are cheap or free. They are a very intimidating guard dog to deal with their high burglary rates. Dog bites in general are just more common in poor neighborhoods regardless of breed because they don't receive extensive training as dogs in affluent neighborhoods. It's more common for these types of dogs to not be socialized since many people that breed them due so for protective purposes.

I think you are right.

I just can't understand how you can be so dumb as to open the door with all those dogs right there. We put our dogs (not Pitts, boxers) in the other room if we have to answer the door for a delivery.

suzzer99 02-03-2024 02:04 PM

Missouri pit bulls are the fiercest sub-breed.

srvy 02-03-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17381364)
I don't know who he is but I guess I'm not supposed to have a problem with him based on a shirtless picture.

Its Wayne of Letterkenny aka Jarod Keeso. I don't know why we should be scared of this dipshit though.

ChiliConCarnage 02-03-2024 02:28 PM

This is why I only go to rap concerts with Kansas pit bulls.

srvy 02-03-2024 02:31 PM

They need to put an open season on running loose Pitties. Ten bucks for a pair of ears. Hang the carcass over the owner's fence or put it on the porch. Let them deal with their precious Pitt Bull.

notorious 02-03-2024 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 17381219)
I like Pit Bulls, as long as they are served medium rare…

Chinese does sound good for dinner.

notorious 02-03-2024 02:43 PM

Quote:

Mephis, please don't tell me there are 3 Affliction shirts in a pile just off camera.

Rainbarrel 02-03-2024 02:46 PM

Uniform looks too much like a Raven fan

Katipan 02-03-2024 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17381485)
Mephis, please don't tell me there are 3 Affliction shirts in a pile just off camera.

The one in Converse wouldn't wear Affliction.

Easy 6 02-03-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17381485)

Its even worse than that, its a pile of Ed Hardy shirts

Pepe Silvia 02-03-2024 03:36 PM

I think every person should live with 20 pitbulls.

Pablo 02-03-2024 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17381542)

The only thing that can stop a bad pitbull with a gun is a good pitbull with a gun

TLO 02-03-2024 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17381542)

This pitbull lived close to you?

wbbonneriii 02-03-2024 05:35 PM

I would shoot every pit bull if it were legal…

Mephistopheles Janx 02-03-2024 06:55 PM

Quote:

LMFAO

You guys need to watch Letterkenny on Hulu.

LoneWolf 02-03-2024 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17381830)
LMFAO

Just post a normal picture of Wayne then, you meat head. I love that show and didn’t recognize him with those dumb ****ing glasses on.

https://i0.wp.com/hockeytopics.com/w...8%2C1060&ssl=1

Pepe Silvia 02-03-2024 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17381830)
LMFAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gj1Zd8A_NEQ?si=LUl1OmlXam9pMgC8&amp;start=150" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mephistopheles Janx 02-03-2024 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17381841)
Just post a normal picture of Wayne then, you meat head. I love that show and didn’t recognize him with those dumb ****ing glasses on.

https://i0.wp.com/hockeytopics.com/w...8%2C1060&ssl=1

Yeah... but I was blurring the line between the both of them because the series finale was dedicated to Gus, Keeso's pitbull mix.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-cult...n-12-explained

Quote:

“Pit bulls need less idiots breeding them and then selling them to other idiots. Buying a puppy is bringing a beating heart into your home. Like a child, you need to monitor them and make adjustments based on their energy level, temperament, and bad habits,” Keeso said.

ChiefsFanatic 02-03-2024 08:15 PM

I used to believe that Pit Bulls should be banned, as I am a survivor of being mauled by a dog when I was younger, but I met a super sweet pittie who is one of the best dogs I have ever spent time with, and I somehow ended up with lots of pittie rescues on my YouTube feed, and seeing the capacity for love that these abandoned, and abused dogs have for the people who rescued and adopted them changed my mind.

Some of the dogs were even used as bait dogs, and seeing them rebound to become healthy, loving, and loved animals gets me choked up every time.

I would still never leave my baby, toddler, or child alone with a Pit Bull, or German Shepherd (dog that mauled me) Rottie, etc. because I have common sense, and a deep desire to keep kids safe.

JohnnyHammersticks 02-03-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 17381269)

He's so misunderstood. He's just a reflection of his owner.

LongSufferingToady 02-03-2024 10:57 PM

Quote:

Non sequitor.

TribalElder 02-03-2024 11:08 PM

<iframe width="332" height="590" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b4259L-Sfbg" title="The Raccoon Whisperer! #shorts" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 04-30-2024 03:19 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/di2xgqGiJdg" title="Cop Saves Woman From Getting Eaten Alive" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cop Saves Woman From Getting Eaten Alive

Hammock Parties 04-30-2024 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryaldini (Post 17381295)
My Vizsla got attacked by one. It took several blows to the head to disengage the bite while the owner only stood and yelled at the dog.

Jesus Christ. Where was the bite located and did the dog live?

Lzen 04-30-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17504481)
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/di2xgqGiJdg" title="Cop Saves Woman From Getting Eaten Alive" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cop Saves Woman From Getting Eaten Alive

That is horrible. :shake:

So many questions.

Why did the young woman let herself into the house?

Why did they have 6 pitbulls?

This is an example of the type of people that should never have had any animals.

KCJake 04-30-2024 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pote (Post 17381179)
Owning a pitbull should be illegal along with other wild animals.

Mutherfckn THIS. Shits getting outta control. Seriously. Get a goldfish if you can't make human friends.

ghak99 04-30-2024 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake (Post 17504764)
Mutherfckn THIS. Shits getting outta control. Seriously. Get a goldfish if you can't make human friends.

Ya!

And fix your ****ing pluming, too!

Imon Yourside 04-30-2024 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17504754)
That is horrible. :shake:

So many questions.

Why did the young woman let herself into the house?

Why did they have 6 pitbulls?

This is an example of the type of people that should never have had any animals.

Ya they obviously were mistreating them and I believe she was a friend of the family. Gruesome stuff for sure, had to put 3 of them down and that poor woman will not have a good life the rest of her days.

alanm 04-30-2024 06:02 PM

It's these assholes who give pittbulls a bad name. In the criminal way they raise them.

Pitties are some of the sweetest most lovable critters there are. Not to mention some of the goofiest.

Msmith 04-30-2024 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17381900)
I used to believe that Pit Bulls should be banned, as I am a survivor of being mauled by a dog when I was younger, but I met a super sweet pittie who is one of the best dogs I have ever spent time with, and I somehow ended up with lots of pittie rescues on my YouTube feed, and seeing the capacity for love that these abandoned, and abused dogs have for the people who rescued and adopted them changed my mind.

Some of the dogs were even used as bait dogs, and seeing them rebound to become healthy, loving, and loved animals gets me choked up every time.

I would still never leave my baby, toddler, or child alone with a Pit Bull, or German Shepherd (dog that mauled me) Rottie, etc. because I have common sense, and a deep desire to keep kids safe.

In Youtube, there are so many pictures of new born babies cuddle with dogs.

Otter 04-30-2024 08:43 PM

Pretty sure I mentioned this in the other thread but I took a position the 2 weeks before Christmas in 2023 as a delivery drivers helper for a delivery company we’ve all dealt with in some fashion. It’s a slow time of year for me and thought it would be neat to get to drive around La Plata County and be paid meagerly for a fun experience.

My job was simply to be handed a package do a sprint to the destination and drop it off in the most logical location. I’m not going to go the pit bull route but there are some real shit holes these guys have to go into and for some reason the majority of them have viscous dogs. There’s a variety of concerns from a yappy pug to an over curious great dane to pent up worker dogs that kill you as quick as look at you.

On a side note if anyone ever decides to take on this little adventure, sticking a package in a receptacle made for the USPS is a felony and the scariest dog I’ve met on that adventurer was a chow.
<style type="text/css">p { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.1in; background: transparent }</style>

Bob Dole 04-30-2024 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 17505341)
It's these assholes who give pittbulls a bad name. In the criminal way they raise them.

Pitties are some of the sweetest most lovable critters there are. Not to mention some of the goofiest.

I have a 95 pound male blue nose. Every person who has ever met him loves him. He is sweet and goofy and he is far less aggressive than the chihuahuas I had. It’s how they are raised.

He’ll get loose once in awhile and roam, and people will put him in their car and bring him home. ( his name, my name, phone number and address are on his collar.) He’s only killed 3.

Lzen 05-01-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17505640)
I have a 95 pound male blue nose. Every person who has ever met him loves him. He is sweet and goofy and he is far less aggressive than the chihuahuas I had. It’s how they are raised.

He’ll get loose once in awhile and roam, and people will put him in their car and bring him home. ( his name, my name, phone number and address are on his collar.) He’s only killed 3.

Not sure why someone thumbs downed this post.
Maybe that last sentence.
It was a joke, folks. Lighten up. I've seen Bob's pittie and he seems like the coolest dog.

Lzen 05-01-2024 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17505607)
Pretty sure I mentioned this in the other thread but I took a position the 2 weeks before Christmas in 2023 as a delivery drivers helper for a delivery company we’ve all dealt with in some fashion. It’s a slow time of year for me and thought it would be neat to get to drive around La Plata County and be paid meagerly for a fun experience.

My job was simply to be handed a package do a sprint to the destination and drop it off in the most logical location. I’m not going to go the pit bull route but there are some real shit holes these guys have to go into and for some reason the majority of them have viscous dogs. There’s a variety of concerns from a yappy pug to an over curious great dane to pent up worker dogs that kill you as quick as look at you.

On a side note if anyone ever decides to take on this little adventure, sticking a package in a receptacle made for the USPS is a felony and the scariest dog I’ve met on that adventurer was a chow.
<style type="text/css">p { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.1in; background: transparent }</style>

I don't know how delivery drivers do it. There are some really irresponsible dog owners. :shake:

seamonster 05-01-2024 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17382022)
<iframe width="332" height="590" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b4259L-Sfbg" title="The Raccoon Whisperer! #shorts" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Legend has it that somebody in LA had a racoon entered into a dog fighting ring. Racoon dominated. Which I can somewhat believe. They're like effeminate wolverines. Ferocious.

https://www.quora.com/If-my-dog-ever...-separate-them

seamonster 05-01-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17505640)

Not true with pit's. They've been bred for dog-fighting for 100+ years and not enough effort has been done to remove those traits. They're game and will fight to the death if the switch gets ignited.

Couch-Potato 05-01-2024 11:45 AM

This is such a weird reoccurring thread.

I live in an area referred to as "Dog Town."

Pits are a local favorite, never heard of an issue but not much yard space in the city.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-01-2024 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17505829)
Not sure why someone thumbs downed this post.
Maybe that last sentence.
It was a joke, folks. Lighten up. I've seen Bob's pittie and he seems like the coolest dog.

I offset it with a one up

Megatron96 05-01-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17505833)
I don't know how delivery drivers do it. There are some really irresponsible dog owners. :shake:

I think these attacks are probably pretty rare. I delivered pizzas in HS/college, worked as a courier for a summer after college, and only had a couple sketchy situations with a dog ever. Most dogs are all bark and no bite.

But I also carried mace and later pepper spray just in case. Never had to actually use the stuff, but it seemed like a good idea.

Pinchshot 05-01-2024 12:02 PM

Just when you think pitbulls are out of the woods...

Zebedee DuBois 05-01-2024 04:38 PM

My wife got bit today by a pit type dog. She was walking on the sidewalk in front of a house in our neighborhood. They had a wrought iron fence right up the sidewalk, with 5” spaces. The owner was in the yard. The dog lunged its head through the fence and bit my wife on the hip. The owner immediately said, “I’m going to have him put down, I’m going to have him put down!” 5 stitches

Hammock Parties 05-01-2024 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 17506651)
My wife got bit today by a pit type dog. She was walking on the sidewalk in front of a house in our neighborhood. They had a wrought iron fence right up the sidewalk, with 5” spaces. The owner was in the yard. The dog lunged its head through the fence and bit my wife on the hip. The owner immediately said, “I’m going to have him put down, I’m going to have him put down!” 5 stitches

Jesus Christ. ****ing animals. I saw one behind a fence by the apartments near my house the other day and thought I was probably safe. LMAO

There's a pretty good sized gap under the fence. No doubt in my mind one of these demons would scrape their back up trying to get under it at my good boy to eat him.

HonestChieffan 05-01-2024 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 17506651)

Evil dog needs the shot

Bob Dole 05-01-2024 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17506016)
Not true with pit's. They've been bred for dog-fighting for 100+ years and not enough effort has been done to remove those traits. They're game and will fight to the death if the switch gets ignited.

Blu sends hugs.

Lzen 05-02-2024 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17506181)
I think these attacks are probably pretty rare. I delivered pizzas in HS/college, worked as a courier for a summer after college, and only had a couple sketchy situations with a dog ever. Most dogs are all bark and no bite.

But I also carried mace and later pepper spray just in case. Never had to actually use the stuff, but it seemed like a good idea.

My BIL is a Fedex driver and I think he said he carries pepper spray. I don't know, man. Does that even work on a pack of bloodthirsty dogs like in the story above? Maybe bear spray would be a better option. :)

seamonster 05-02-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17506704)
Blu sends hugs.

I once had a black puerto rican pit with a massive scar down it's face. Sweetest dog I'd ever owned. Re-homed him when I got kids.

PunkinDrublic 05-03-2024 04:29 PM

Finding a new pitbull attack thread to read through is like pulling your jeans out of the dryer and discovering a ten dollar bill!

Megatron96 05-03-2024 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17507084)
My BIL is a Fedex driver and I think he said he carries pepper spray. I don't know, man. Does that even work on a pack of bloodthirsty dogs like in the story above? Maybe bear spray would be a better option. :)

sure. Probably overkill though. Dogs, like bears, have many more times the receptors in their nasal cavities that a human has. Makes them much more sensitive to things like pepper spray, iirc. So regular pepper spray should be more than adequate. Cheaper too.

The one advantage to bear spray, and you kind of touched on it, is the fact that the canister is much larger than normal, so if you are attacked by multiple dogs, you have more ammo, as it were.