ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351224)

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2023 04:21 PM

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lV1OOlGwExM?si=rz1k7oVH0Z6RMT4H" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

U.S. Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c0AkaHWg2OI?si=eWAaEoZrjNPGu2JE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UK Trailer

Sassy Squatch 12-04-2023 05:16 PM

Apparently red monke is a real asshole

BigBeauford 12-04-2023 09:42 PM

Saw the trailer for this. I don't have high hopes.

ThaVirus 12-04-2023 10:03 PM

Why are Godzilla’s spikes red?

And how did ancient humans get into the Hollow Earth?

KC_Lee 12-05-2023 08:17 AM

If there is no appearance by Megalon in this movie I will be a bit disappointed.

BWillie 12-05-2023 09:45 AM

This is what movies are now. CGI monsters fighting. Just awful.

ToxSocks 12-05-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17261986)

You came into a Godzilla/Kong thread to complain about CGI monsters fighting? Like, for real?

LMAO

BWillie 12-05-2023 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17262225)
You came into a Godzilla/Kong thread to complain about CGI monsters fighting? Like, for real?

LMAO

I mean, I think thats pretty clear.

Fish 12-05-2023 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17261986)

It's just not the same as watching awkward Asian actors in foam suits destroying tiny model cities...

BWillie 12-06-2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17262592)
It's just not the same as watching awkward Asian actors in foam suits destroying tiny model cities...

I miss the dub over English and not matching their mouth. Good times.

If you are over the age of 22 you should not be watching fantasy, superhero or monster movies. Be an adult.

Rausch 12-06-2023 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17263670)
If you are over the age of 22 you should not be watching fantasy, superhero or monster movies. Be an adult.

If you like you can come over to my house and bitch with my wife when I go. Swap beauty secrets or something...

Chitownchiefsfan 12-06-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

So im 38 and preparing a D&D game for next Friday. Can you come in halfway through with a beer in one hand wearing a wife beater and mumbling something about "when men were men?"

BWillie 12-06-2023 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan (Post 17264120)
So im 38 and preparing a D&D game for next Friday. Can you come in halfway through with a beer in one hand wearing a wife beater and mumbling something about "when men were men?"

Name the time buddy

Hold on. D&D? Your ****ing bullshitting me now aren't you? Grown men don't play Dungeons and Dragons. No way.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ck_QPBQAz...rocharisma.jpg

Chitownchiefsfan 12-06-2023 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17264138)
Name the time buddy

Hold on. D&D? Your ****ing bullshitting me now aren't you? Grown men don't play Dungeons and Dragons. No way.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ck_QPBQAz...rocharisma.jpg

joe manganiello would like to have a word with ya about that.

Kman34 12-06-2023 07:31 PM

Quote:

Then shut up and get out of the thread…

Sassy Squatch 12-06-2023 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 17264226)
Then shut up and get out of the thread…

LMAO That's literally all BWillie has. I've seen him pop in and be a condescending pillowbiter in a bunch of other threads in the media subforum.

BWillie 12-06-2023 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17264291)
LMAO That's literally all BWillie has. I've seen him pop in and be a condescending bundle of sticks in a bunch of other threads in the media subforum.

I care about you all so much I don't want your adult brains turning into a pubescent mush. Forgive me for my benevolence. I wish you well.

kc rush 12-27-2023 02:02 AM

Just saw Godzilla Minus One at the theater. Was a great movie, much better than these Hollywood productions.

Set at the end and immediately after WWII in Japan following a disgraced kamikaze pilot and his efforts to overcome the effects of war.

Cheater5 12-27-2023 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 17302939)
Just saw Godzilla Minus One at the theater. Was a great movie, much better than these Hollywood productions.

Set at the end and immediately after WWII in Japan following a disgraced kamikaze pilot and his efforts to overcome the effects of war.

A very good friend said it’s likely the best Godzilla movie he’s ever seen, and one of the best movies overall in the past few years.

Hammock Parties 12-27-2023 02:03 PM

OK. What movies do I need to watch to catch up here. Starts with Sam Jackson's KONG right?

BigCatDaddy 12-30-2023 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 17302939)

My family all loved it. I did get a bit tired of reading the captions after a while though.

Tribal Warfare 12-30-2023 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17303515)
OK. What movies do I need to watch to catch up here. Starts with Sam Jackson's KONG right?

This is the Lionsgate Monsterverse Franchise which chronologically goes Kong,Godzilla, Godzilla KoTM, and Godzilla vs Kong.

Godzilla Minus One is a standalone which is from Toho Pictures.

Indian Chief 01-06-2024 11:05 PM

Just saw Minus One. Holy crap what a good movie. Even the wife enjoyed it.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2024 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 17307749)
This is the Lionsgate Monsterverse Franchise which chronologically goes Kong,Godzilla, Godzilla KoTM, and Godzilla vs Kong.

Awesome. Just bought some new Klipsch speakers for the living room too.

Let's ride!

Rausch 01-12-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17321856)
Just saw Minus One. Holy crap what a good movie. Even the wife enjoyed it.

I wanted to go see that before it left theaters.

Sure-Oz 01-13-2024 07:18 AM

I just finished monarch on apple +. Really enjoyed it

Buehler445 01-15-2024 05:06 PM

Quote:

You can still get that on Netflix with any of their international stuff.

Rausch 01-16-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17339905)
You can still get that on Netflix with any of their international stuff.

Most of it is on youtube...

Jerm 01-18-2024 01:46 PM

I can echo others' sentiments in this thread about Godzilla Minus One....it ****ing rules.

Easily my favorite movie of 2023 and I'd have to say right now, my favorite Godzilla movie ever.

kpic 01-19-2024 11:14 AM

Godzilla Minus One/Minus Color (black & white) will be in US theaters from Jan 26-Feb 1

Hopefully it'll be near me somewhere, I'd love to see it again in B&W. And it looks like it's not just gone from color to B&W they did some remastering to get it to have the right 'look';

"Rather than just making it monochrome, it is a cut-by-cut," Yamakazi said in a statement last month. "I had them make adjustments while making full use of various mattes as if they were creating a new movie. What I was aiming for was a style that looked like it was taken by masters of monochrome photography. We were able to unearth the texture of the skin and the details of the scenery that were hidden in the photographed data. Then, a frightening Godzilla, just like the one in the documentary, appeared. By eliminating color, a new sense of reality emerges."

kpic 01-19-2024 11:21 AM

Well darn, looks like the B&W version will have a much more limited release, the closest theater to me showing it is 57 miles!

https://godzilla.com/blogs/news/godz...ne-minus-color

Towards the bottom "Get your Godzilla Minus One/Minus Color tickets now" be sure to change it from 'All' to 'Minus Color' and a date bewtween 1/26-2/1 to see where it shows up for you

Why Not? 01-19-2024 09:56 PM

Minus One was ****ing awesome!

KC_Lee 02-14-2024 11:57 AM

New trailer dropped.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qqrpMRDuPfc?si=vabffmOKRwE3KryR" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 02-14-2024 12:04 PM

Wonder what’s freezing the water from the clouds in Rio..

KC_Lee 02-14-2024 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17401627)
Wonder what’s freezing the water from the clouds in Rio..

Who has the glowing eyes in dark? Are we seeing the intro of Gigan and Megalon into the Monster-Verse?

Sassy Squatch 02-14-2024 05:16 PM

You can see both antagonists clearly about 30 seconds in. One is obviously Skar King. One controlling the ice is
Spoiler!

ThaVirus 02-14-2024 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17403041)
You can see both antagonists clearly about 30 seconds in. One is obviously Skar King. One controlling the ice is
Spoiler!

Yeah, I actually stumbled upon a leak so I basically know the whole movie already lol

Still wondering what was freezing the water in Rio.

Spoiler!

KC_Lee 02-14-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17403041)
Spoiler!

Looks like you're right.

Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 03-29-2024 06:12 PM

Just saw this. It's what you expect it to be. Maybe even a bit more dumb and convoluted by Monsterverse standards.

KC_Lee 03-29-2024 07:31 PM

Just saw it, my 2 cents...

What I Liked -
The monster designs were excellent.
One of my major gripes with the Monsterverse movies was all the fights were either at night, in a driving thunderstorm or both, these fights were in the daylight and we'll done.
There were scenes that would be perfect for either IMAX or 3D.

What I Disliked -
The music, they tried to do a 'Gaurdians of The Galaxy' soundtrack and failed miserablely.
The human characters were wooden caricatures, none of the returning characters showed any sort of growth, just the same character from the last Godzilla movie.

What Made Me Cringe -
The script, dear God the script. As I stated above the human characters were wooden but the script did them no favors.
There were parts where the exposition was grade school level writing and the actors put no effort in making the script any better.
Way too many plot armor moments in the movie, I won't spoil them here but if you see the movie, you'll know what I am talking about.

Summary -
As a lifetime Godzilla fan I did enjoy the movie. The monster parts are excellent. Presenting Kong as more human like and Godzilla as more animalistic is a great dichotomy between these characters. It's a good popcorn movie, fun and enjoyable but could have been better with a little more effort.

Tribal Warfare 03-29-2024 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 17462369)

What I Liked -
One of my major gripes with the Monsterverse movies was all the fights were either at night, in a driving thunderstorm or both, these fights were in the daylight and we'll done.

What I Disliked -
The music, they tried to do a 'Gaurdians of The Galaxy' soundtrack and failed miserablely.
The human characters were wooden caricatures, none of the returning characters showed any sort of growth, just the same character from the last Godzilla movie.

What Made Me Cringe -
The script, dear God the script. As I stated above the human characters were wooden but the script did them no favors.
There were parts where the exposition was grade school level writing and the actors put no effort in making the script any better.
Way too many plot armor moments in the movie, I won't spoil them here but if you see the movie, you'll know what I am talking about.

Summary -
As a lifetime Godzilla fan I did enjoy the movie. The monster parts are excellent. Presenting Kong as more human like and Godzilla as more animalistic is a great dichotomy between these characters. It's a good popcorn movie, fun and enjoyable but could have been better with a little more effort.

Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 03-29-2024 10:05 PM

Huh? He started to trust Kong after he fed him and was completely on his side after Skar King spartan kicked the other monke into the magma.

BWillie 03-29-2024 10:36 PM

Why not add another monster?

Kong vs Godzilla vs TRex vs The Blob vs The Fly vs Lochness Monster

Let's keep going! Smart movie making!

Tribal Warfare 03-29-2024 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17462464)
Huh? He started to trust Kong after he fed him and was completely on his side after Skar King spartan kicked the other monke into the magma.

Spoiler!

Rausch 03-31-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17462486)
Why not add another monster?

Kong vs Godzilla vs TRex vs The Blob vs The Fly vs Lochness Monster

Let's keep going! Smart movie making!

This is straght 60's Godzilla with the WWF team up battles. it starts off like Goonies meets 80's Sci-Fi with a Disney princess - ends up Godzilla VS. Megalon.

Rausch 03-31-2024 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 17462369)

What I Liked -

What I Disliked -

What Made Me Cringe -

Summary -

I assumed they were going for a "My Science Project" type of trope-a-rama. They had them all in there. They only thing that was missing was a miracle happening due to "the power of love."

80's side kick science guy, goofy conspiracy guy, Disney princess, natives that they don't even let talk that use telepathy. And music from every 80's cheese movie you can think of. I think there was even a Flash Gordon song in there. I know what he was trying to do I just don't think they pulled it off as well as they think they did.

Rausch 03-31-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17462278)
Just saw this. It's what you expect it to be. Maybe even a bit more dumb and convoluted by Monsterverse standards.

My impression was they leaned into the meme. They cheese'd and crazie'd it up on purpose. The stuff with the Nintendo Power glove convinced me.

Ceej 04-04-2024 08:10 PM

This movie sucked so bad.