ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Did anybody happen to look at the sky last night (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332475)

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 08:53 AM

Did anybody happen to look at the sky last night

Around 4:00 AM and if so did you happen to be wearing Night Vision goggles?

Just wondering if anybody else saw what I saw. I had to go get my daughter as a witness.

I'm in the Texas panhandle and actually called my brother in Arkansas and told him to get his goggles and go see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I found this video and it is identical to what I (AND my Daughter) saw. Although its a year old. Except this was last night ,same shape, a perfect triangle with a bright light on each of the 3 corners. If you could visualize this object in the sky at night thats it.

There were easily a hundred of the objects. They all sat still which made me think it was just an anomaly ,maybe the sun coming up over the horizon in a couple hours was causing a visual effect on some stars. But we both saw 3 of the objects move and reposition. They moved slowly but precisely.

These objects were not close like the one in the video they were way up there and they were all over . Any direction you looked you could find some and you could see many normal looking stars in between. We watched them for about an hour until our necks started aching from looking up.

At the same time we saw many satellites passing by as well as shooting stars. These objects were just something of intelligence. Military, Alien ,I don't know but the few I saw move gave it legitimacy in my mind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aTIzsMLRQjY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 08:58 AM

I'll update the OP later today but I wanted to see if anyone else witnessed the same or if it shows up on any news. (Which it won't)

eDave 07-18-2020 09:00 AM

My curiosity it piqued.

Donger 07-18-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15073366)

Just wondering if anybody else saw what I saw. I had to go get my daughter as a witness.

I'm in the Texas panhandle and actually called my brother in Arkansas and told him to get his goggles and go see.

That's this morning, not last night.

Buddy Rich 07-18-2020 09:02 AM

Maybe this?

https://www.cbs7.com/2020/07/18/repo...urday-morning/

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 15073372)
That's this morning, not last night.

Thanks for clarifying . It was dark. I just call that night.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 09:05 AM

Not a meteor
Not space junk
Not satellites.
Not shooting stars.

Nothing in my 56 years I've ever seen and I've spent a lot of time outside in the night looking at the stars.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 09:08 AM

Before I put it in the OP what I saw I want to spend the day processing it and see if I can sort out a conclusion. I did take one picture and it's kinda weird but it doesn't look like the clear picture I was seeing through my NVG's.

Wisconsin_Chief 07-18-2020 09:11 AM

Don’t leave us hanging! What was it???

GayFrogs 07-18-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15073377)
Not a meteor
Not space junk
Not satellites.
Not shooting stars.

Nothing in my 56 years I've ever seen and I've spent a lot of time outside in the night looking at the stars.

Look up shoemaker levy 9...similar effect. You just never saw a meteor big enough to split apart and stay bright in the sky. Wish I could've been there, it's badass.

R Clark 07-18-2020 09:17 AM

Aliens

eDave 07-18-2020 09:17 AM

Reports from CA see it a bit differently. Maybe a different one.

<iframe width="1148" height="645" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zmOdWZJbHKQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wisconsin_Chief 07-18-2020 09:18 AM

Was it this? Looks pretty crazy!

ThyKingdomCome15 07-18-2020 09:27 AM

Meteor

Otter 07-18-2020 09:30 AM

Are night vision goggles a prerequisite for the family?

Sorce 07-18-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 15073408)
Are night vision goggles a prerequisite for the family?

They are a prerequisite for practicing karate in the garage.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

loochy 07-18-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Yes, I randomly stay up very late and stare at the sky with night vision goggles....

...bunch of damn weirdos in this place

DaFace 07-18-2020 09:40 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjI7...rF60/giphy.gif

eDave 07-18-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15073420)

Technically true.

Rain Man 07-18-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15073393)

Wow! That's spectacular.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15073416)
Yes, I randomly stay up very late and stare at the sky with night vision goggles....

...bunch of damn weirdos in this place

Well now if you live in the country and hunt coyotes at night and enjoy building camp fires and that sort of thing. It's pretty normal. My brother bought us both a pair of NVG's when he was working as a contractor overseas and making $$$.
You only live once. On a night when you can only see a few stars you can strap on the NVG's and see the sky lit with stars everywhere.

eDave 07-18-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15073462)
Well now if you live in the country and hunt coyotes at night and enjoy building camp fires and that sort of thing. It's pretty normal. My brother bought us both a pair of NVG's when he was working as a contractor overseas and making $$$.
You only live once. On a night when you can only see a few stars you can strap on the NVG's and see the sky lit with stars everywhere.

How are they for general stargazing?

loochy 07-18-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Or I could sleep so I don't feel like crap the next day

Wisconsin_Chief 07-18-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

So what did it look like with the goggles on? I'm guessing that's the big deal here? It looked much different than in the regular video?

eDave 07-18-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15073465)
Or I could sleep so I don't feel like crap the next day

You aren't retired.

loochy 07-18-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073467)
You aren't retired.

I'm working as hard as I can to make that happen by age 50.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073463)
How are they for general stargazing?

They light the sky up with every object out there. Makes it easy to see passing satellites,space station ,meteors. You'll see a ton of shooting stars you'll never pick up with the naked eye.

This is the exact pair I have.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/agm-gl...CABEgJ1yvD_BwE

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15073466)
So what did it look like with the goggles on? I'm guessing that's the big deal here? It looked much different than in the regular video?

I could see 3 of the objects faintly with the naked eye. They got my attention so thats when I went in to grab my NVG's and Holy shit!

KurtCobain 07-18-2020 10:33 AM

The last time I looked up all I saw was your mother's meat curtains dangling and then she squirted and I've been in the hospital every since.

Sorry 07-18-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15073478)
I could see 3 of the objects faintly with the naked eye. They got my attention so thats when I went in to grab my NVG's and Holy shit!

So you don’t think it’s just space debris or a comet?

DaFace 07-18-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 15073481)
So you don’t think it’s just space debris or a comet?

Comets are completely different. Could be a meteor though.

eDave 07-18-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15073476)
They light the sky up with every object out there. Makes it easy to see passing satellites,space station ,meteors. You'll see a ton of shooting stars you'll never pick up with the naked eye.

This is the exact pair I have.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/agm-gl...CABEgJ1yvD_BwE

Have seen NEOWISE?

jdubya 07-18-2020 10:53 AM

I looked but it was so dark I couldnt see anything

vonBobo 07-18-2020 10:58 AM

Starlink?

eDave 07-18-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15073495)
I looked but it was so dark I couldnt see anything

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FirsthandN...urus-small.gif

It's a joke.

RINGLEADER 07-18-2020 11:07 AM

The video looks like some kind of satellite or space debris breaking up rather than a space rock burning up. Looks more like when Skylab or Columbia burned up on re-entry with multiple pieces breaking off and burning up individually. My guess is some kind of big satellite bit the dust.

eDave 07-18-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 15073512)
The video looks like some kind of satellite or space debris breaking up rather than a space rock burning up. Looks more like when Skylab or Columbia burned up on re-entry with multiple pieces breaking off and burning up individually. My guess is some kind of big satellite bit the dust.

Surely isn't a controlled decommission being right over us (so to speak) like that.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 11:09 AM

OP updated.

keg in kc 07-18-2020 11:10 AM

Guys on paranormal radio shows and podcasts have been talking for years about all the weird shit they see in the skies with night vision.

Donger 07-18-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15073515)
OP updated.

Swamp gas from Uranus.

DaFace 07-18-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073513)
Surely isn't a controlled decommission being right over us (so to speak) like that.

If it's small enough, it wouldn't be any danger. Or it could be something that wasn't controlled (cough...China...cough).

eDave 07-18-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

OP updated.

Oh!

Simply Red 07-18-2020 11:21 AM

Dave Lane tells me I saw Iridium Flares at 2AM one night - actually two in one night - orange globes that vanished after getting smaller and smaller. But yeah, Dave doesn't believe in UFOs, which is a little disappointing.

keg in kc 07-18-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

OP updated.

Looks like you saw the classic triangle UFOs that started popping up in the mid 80s (Belgium wave, Hudson Valley sightings).

Zebedee DuBois 07-18-2020 11:23 AM

We went out to see the Neowise comet last night. Fighting the ambient light from the city and wispy clouds to the north. Drove about 30 miles out and could pick it up with binoculars. My old eyes couldn't see it at all without magnification.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 11:24 AM

This is interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)

eDave 07-18-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15073535)
Dave Lane tells me I saw Iridium Flares at 2AM one night - actually two in one night - orange globes that vanished after getting smaller and smaller. But yeah, Dave doesn't believe in UFOs, which is a little disappointing.

We get that a lot here, especially by me which overlooks Indian territory. Military helicopters go there all lit up and hover and release these flares. First time I saw one headed that way I followed it not knowing what the hell it was. It was crazy to watch because I still didn't know what the hell it was until I looked it up.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 15073539)
We went out to see the Neowise comet last night. Fighting the ambient light from the city and wispy clouds to the north. Drove about 30 miles out and could pick it up with binoculars. My old eyes couldn't see it at all without magnification.

You didn't see triangles? I called my brother while I was looking at them . He didn't see them. I was dissapoint.

stumppy 07-18-2020 11:26 AM

How about some pics or video of what you were seeing.

SAUTO 07-18-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15073472)
I'm working as hard as I can to make that happen by age 50.

I'm shooting for 45.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15073547)
How about some pics or video of what you were seeing.

As I explained earlier they were visible through NVG's .I could only barely see 2 or 3 with the naked eye and they were too faint. So that tells me they were far away.

Just watch the video I put back in the OP. That looks identical. But they were all over the place. I really did almost call into the Sherriffs dept but backed out.

Kman34 07-18-2020 11:31 AM

Very strange.. Maybe the Aliens are monitoring their COVID seeds...

keg in kc 07-18-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 15073539)
My old eyes couldn't see it at all without magnification.

That's what she said.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15073557)
Very strange.. Maybe the Aliens are monitoring their COVID seeds...

I must admit, it definitely crossed through my mind that it's something to do with COVID and the lock down they keep putting us under. Is the lock down for other reasons than COVID. Why did Trump install a space force?. Maybe those are part of the space force???

All I know is what I saw and if my daughter had not seen it too I'd think I was crazy.

eDave 07-18-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15073559)

That's what she said.

Heh.

GayFrogs 07-18-2020 11:39 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JnOeIFx3ML8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 07-18-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 15073572)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JnOeIFx3ML8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Na.

<iframe width="1730" height="692" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hAAlDoAtV7Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GayFrogs 07-18-2020 11:45 AM

Too obvious

Bowser 07-18-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 15073519)
Swamp gas from Uranus.

That is no laughing matter this time of year

Megatron96 07-18-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I found this video and it is identical to what I (AND my Daughter) saw. Although its a year old. Except this was last night ,same shape, a perfect triangle with a bright light on each of the 3 corners. If you could visualize this object in the sky at night thats it.

There were easily a hundred of the objects. They all sat still which made me think it was just an anomaly ,maybe the sun coming up over the horizon in a couple hours was causing a visual effect on some stars. But we both saw 3 of the objects move and reposition. They moved slowly but precisely.

These objects were not close like the one in the video they were way up there and they were all over . Any direction you looked you could find some and you could see many normal looking stars in between. We watched them for about an hour until our necks started aching from looking up.

At the same time we saw many satellites passing by as well as shooting stars. These objects were just something of intelligence. Military, Alien ,I don't know but the few I saw move gave it legitimacy in my mind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aTIzsMLRQjY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn't see anything last night, but I wasn't looking either.

The video you posted is interesting. Know a guy that said he saw something like it a few years ago. Triangle-shaped, metallic, even mirror-like. Flying on a course, but not like any normal aircraft would. His description was something like "weaving or drifting off course both vertically and horizontally all the while slowly rotating about both the lateral and longitudinal axes." At more than 200 kts. Broad daylight as well.

If it wasn't faked somehow, that thing isn't made by humans. Nothing in any Earth-based inventory could accelerate like that. Especially without any visible means of propulsion.

Scorp 07-18-2020 02:26 PM

Weather balloon.

Wisconsin_Chief 07-18-2020 02:48 PM

So hog, regarding the videos that are in the news in your area, is what you saw separate from that or was it a part of those reports?

eDave 07-18-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15073828)
So hog, regarding the videos that are in the news in your area, is what you saw separate from that or was it a part of those reports?

I was googling around trying to find what he saw and learned that Texas gets a lot of sky candy.

Bowser 07-18-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15073747)

The video you posted is interesting. Know a guy that said he saw something like it a few years ago. Triangle-shaped, metallic, even mirror-like. Flying on a course, but not like any normal aircraft would. His description was something like "weaving or drifting off course both vertically and horizontally all the while slowly rotating about both the lateral and longitudinal axes." At more than 200 kts. Broad daylight as well.

If it wasn't faked somehow, that thing isn't made by humans. Nothing in any Earth-based inventory could accelerate like that. Especially without any visible means of propulsion.

https://hushkit.net/2019/04/01/revea...rora-spyplane/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DR3k02yfFpg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 07-18-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15073842)
https://hushkit.net/2019/04/01/revea...rora-spyplane/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DR3k02yfFpg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the stuff I like. Not that TJ conspiracy shit. Pfft.

eDave 07-18-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15073747)

I don't remember if I asked you this when we met, but how long have you been in AZ. AZ is rife with UFO sightings. One of the yearly festivals I go to is Phoenix Lights. It's kinda celebrates a famous sighting here some time ago.

https://gcmaz.com/media/Phoenix-Lights.jpg

https://i.axs.com/2017/03/28762_58d168bc5a935.png

Scooter LaCanforno 07-18-2020 02:59 PM

Here at the Florida Space Coast I've seen a few things in the sky that I have no answer for.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15073828)

what videos? This happened this morning/last night around 4 AM

Zebedee DuBois 07-18-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15073559)

That's what she said.

I anticipated this response. ;)

CP rarely disappoints.

Bowser 07-18-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073845)
This is the stuff I like. Not that TJ conspiracy shit. Pfft.

Consider how the SR-71 had its initial flight in 1964, and IIRC, the Blackbird wasn't even public knowledge until sometime in the mid to late 80's. Now take that line of thought and try to imagine what we might have in our arsenal today.

eDave 07-18-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15073865)
Consider how the SR-71 had its initial flight in 1964, and IIRC, the Blackbird wasn't even public knowledge until sometime in the mid to late 80's. Now take that line of thought and try to imagine what we might have in our arsenal today.

Oh yea. Being just south of Area 51 gets us some bleed. IMO. Luke AFB too (coincidentally, my dad was stationed there before he screwed my mom).

My only 100% in my mind sighting was in KC. Antioch road just after leaving Antioch mall, sitting backwards in the back of my parents Grand Torino wagon.

Just one of those moments that I KNOW what I saw. And I was like 7 or so.

Sorry 07-18-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15073482)
Comets are completely different. Could be a meteor though.

Ahh yes brain fart, ty

keg in kc 07-18-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty convinced the Belgium and Hudson Valley triangle UFO's I mentioned earlier, the ones that started appearing in the 80s, were/are ours.

I'm not quite as sure about the tic-tac stuff the navy guys reported in 2004 and again in 2015, however.

Then again, if they aren't nuts and bolts UFOs, as some folks refer to them, meaning not necessarily physical craft in the way we understand, then it may just be that our perception of the phenomena changes periodically, in relation to pop culture, etc. So, maybe we see 'saucers' from the 40s to the 70s because that's what we expect thanks to movies and TV and other avenues in science fiction, then there's a change in the 80s, and then another change in the 2000s. Maybe the phonemena itself, whatever it is, hasn't changed, just how we view it.

I have no idea what it actually is, or even if it is anything at all. Maybe it's just our advanced aircraft, or maybe it's a physical craft from somewhere or -when else, but the idea of a third, more esoteric possibility is an interesting thing to think about...

Wisconsin_Chief 07-18-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15073859)
what videos? This happened this morning/last night around 4 AM

Like this:

Donger 07-18-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

LBJ actually publicly announced it in 1964.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15073921)

No , hell no ! Look at the video I added in the OP.

Megatron96 07-19-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073850)
I don't remember if I asked you this when we met, but how long have you been in AZ. AZ is rife with UFO sightings. One of the yearly festivals I go to is Phoenix Lights. It's kinda celebrates a famous sighting here some time ago.

https://gcmaz.com/media/Phoenix-Lights.jpg

https://i.axs.com/2017/03/28762_58d168bc5a935.png

Sorry for the very belated reply. Moved to AZ in 2003, August, I think. It was hot and humid AF, and since I was doing everything alone it took until well into the night to get everything out of the UHaul. I remember that distinctly because during one of my thousand trips up the stairs I looked up and saw a green meteor streak right overhead.

I have heard about the Phoenix Lights, both on TV (whatever aliens shows) and from a couple friends of mine that actually saw them that night. They even took some video. Very strange stuff.

Valiant 07-19-2020 06:22 PM

Drones in sync.

eDave 07-19-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 15075465)
Drones in sync.

ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-19-2020 06:33 PM

My brother went to Poteau mountain last night and said looking to the west thru NVG''s you could clearly see that comet with a long tail. I'm going to drive outside of town tonight to view.