ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pat and Dieter catching fish (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323934)

O.city 07-16-2019 11:38 AM

Pat and Dieter catching fish

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_Fndtl...d=3p7mjufbudra

loochy 07-16-2019 11:41 AM

There's no way Dieter will ever get cut

Mahomes_Is_God 07-16-2019 11:45 AM

Kelce giving Patrick's fish a drink of beer...

ROFL

O.city 07-16-2019 11:50 AM

Kelce looks a little thicker

ToxSocks 07-16-2019 11:50 AM

Kelce gets drunk everywhere they go it seems. He's definitely been partying it up this offseason. Hopefully that doesn't affect football.

Mahomes_Is_God 07-16-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14350309)
Kelce gets drunk everywhere they go it seems. He's definitely been partying it up this offseason. Hopefully that doesn't affect football.

Kelce does whatever the **** Kelce wants boy. Hush yourself!

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-16-2019 11:58 AM

Are you sure that wasn't Fisher, not Kelce???

O.city 07-16-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Seeing how his brother is I’m guessing this offseason hasn’t been any different than the previous ones for Kelce in terms of partying

Seems like a fun dude

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 12:00 PM

pretty sure there's no use in a TE being shredded

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-16-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350326)

Yeah, but I tried the Fat and Drunk thing at one time and my Boars got really annoyed with me.

lawrenceRaider 07-16-2019 12:10 PM

Pat and Kelce both looking a bit soft there. Nothing too concerning since guys their age could take that bit of pudge off in a month or less.

Rain Man 07-16-2019 12:14 PM

Does Patrick cast the line over the horizon?

hawkchief 07-16-2019 12:15 PM

Lake Jacomo looking good :)

dlphg9 07-16-2019 12:22 PM

Get ready for the fake outrage from the PETA folks since Kelce poured a beer in the fish mouth.

staylor26 07-16-2019 12:23 PM

Tyreek needs a new girl so he can hang again :(

Mahomes_Is_God 07-16-2019 12:23 PM

Waiting for the Star and KCTV5 to try and spin this video into definitive evidence that Chiefs players are abusive towards animals.

Tribal Warfare 07-16-2019 12:25 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🎶Boats and hoes boats and hoes, I got to have me and my boats and hoes🎶 <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/tkelce?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@tkelce</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/GehrigDieter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GehrigDieter</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/_flight17_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@_flight17_</a><br><br>(Via IG/<a href="https://twitter.com/brittanylynne8?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@brittanylynne8</a>) <a href="https://t.co/4LC5A70LRl">pic.twitter.com/4LC5A70LRl</a></p>&mdash; BBQ Sports (@RealBBQSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealBBQSports/status/1151180459340115970?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Embedded

Best22 07-16-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Did it hurt Gronk?

Kiimo 07-16-2019 12:42 PM

LOL forever at CP keyboard athletes calling Kelce fat.

RealSNR 07-16-2019 12:49 PM

Was the black guy Chris Conley?

Best22 07-16-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14350336)
Pat and Kelce both looking a bit soft there. Nothing too concerning since guys their age could take that bit of pudge off in a month or less.

For Kelce: it’s the offseason and he’s drunk.

For Mahomes: he’s an NFL quarterback. It doesn’t matter

RealSNR 07-16-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14350317)
Are you sure that wasn't Fisher, not Kelce???

Not that I care who Pat chooses to spend his free time with (as long as it's not a criminal or a KC sports journalist) but I'm sort of shocked he doesn't do more stuff for and with his offensive line. You usually see and hear about QBs doing shit for their offensive line, and I haven't really seen that.

Maybe the OL guys are really boring or something. Fisher seems nice, but he's probably boring.

Hoover 07-16-2019 12:56 PM

I can't want to see this offense on the field. Mahomes has built such a great rapport with his teammates.

RollChiefsRoll 07-16-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkchief (Post 14350345)
Lake Jacomo looking good :)

I thought for sure that was Wyandotte County Lake.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-16-2019 12:57 PM

Dieter will never get cut

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-16-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14350385)
I can't want to see this offense on the field. Mahomes has built such a great rapport with his teammates.

Maybe he won’t overthrow dieter this time.

Best22 07-16-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14350383)
Not that I care who Pat chooses to spend his free time with (as long as it's not a criminal or a KC sports journalist) but I'm sort of shocked he doesn't do more stuff for and with his offensive line. You usually see and hear about QBs doing shit for their offensive line, and I haven't really seen that.

Maybe the OL guys are really boring or something. Fisher seems nice, but he's probably boring.

He likes his receivers. And his receivers like him

Kman34 07-16-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14350379)
For Kelce: it’s the offseason and he’s drunk.

For Mahomes: he’s an NFL quarterback. It doesn’t matter

They are just puppies... beer and fun doesn’t affect them like us...

RealSNR 07-16-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14350389)
Dieter will never get cut

Can't extend Jones at the price he's asking. We still need a little bit of cap space for Dieter's extension

https://media1.tenor.com/images/37a7...itemid=4929853

Titty Meat 07-16-2019 01:04 PM

You guys are idiots they'll lose most of what they gained during camp. You think people stay chiseled year round lol

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 01:08 PM

I don't want to be Patrick Mahomes when I grow up.

I wanna be Dieter. That dude has the best life ever - just kinda hangs around, works out, gets to travel w/ his buddies and shows up in instagram videos with his star teammates.

You think he ever looks around and thinks to himself "man, ain't this some shit right here..." and just laughs? He has to recognize the absurdity of this existence. Being the QBs buddy is the way to go.

Dallas Chief 07-16-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350326)

Sat next to Jace Sternberger on a flight this weekend and he wasn't all jacked either. Extremely polite and engaging young man. Yes sir this and that. Made me feel old. lol I guess he played some juco ball with Darwin Thompson at NEO. Had a lot of great things to say about him as a person and player.

O.city 07-16-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350412)

I wanna be Dieter. That dude has the best life ever - just kinda hangs around, works out, gets to travel w/ his buddies and shows up in instagram videos with his star teammates.

You think he ever looks around and thinks to himself "man, ain't this some shit right here..." and just laughs? He has to recognize the absurdity of this existence. Being the QBs buddy is the way to go.

Is there a chance he actually ends up being a good wr?

I have zero knowledge of his college career or anything prior to KC.

Rain Man 07-16-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350412)

I wonder what the financial situation is like. What does Dieter make? If the other guys are all like, "Hey, let's go to Antarctica this weekend", do they pay for Dieter? Or is he living paycheck to paycheck trying to keep up?

It may not be an issue now with Patrick being on a rookie deal. They're probably not doing anything ludicrous unless Kelce is gifting it to the group, but in four years the economic gap could be pretty big. Dieter needs to practice his route running with vigor.

O.city 07-16-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14350442)
I wonder what the financial situation is like. What does Dieter make? If the other guys are all like, "Hey, let's go to Antarctica this weekend", do they pay for Dieter? Or is he living paycheck to paycheck trying to keep up?

It may not be an issue now with Patrick being on a rookie deal. They're probably not doing anything ludicrous unless Kelce is gifting it to the group, but in four years the economic gap could be pretty big. Dieter needs to practice his route running with vigor.

Being the 10th pick, Pat still got paid pretty well.

I'd guess Dieter makes a mil a year, right?

O.city 07-16-2019 01:27 PM

Nevermind, 570k this year.

Yeah, he's gotta watch the spending.

Best22 07-16-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14350444)
Being the 10th pick, Pat still got paid pretty well.

I'd guess Dieter makes a mil a year, right?

Dieter makes about $480k per year. He used to play for Bowling Green and then Alabama

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14350435)

No.

There's a chance that he's not a bad player and that he can carry his weight 'round these parts as Mahomes caddy.

But no, there's no way that guys gonna go out and make an NFL squad exclusively on his merits. Gotta keep him 'round until Mahomes signs that extension, I guess...

Rain Man 07-16-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14350448)
Nevermind, 570k this year.

Yeah, he's gotta watch the spending.

So it appears that Patrick is making about $4.5 million, Travis is around $10.8 million, and Conley (if that's him) is around $2.1 million.

It seems like they're not doing anything too crazy, so Dieter can hang with them at $570k. It's not like he's living on scholarship money. But I wonder if at some point they'll do something where he has to say no for financial reasons. Maybe they decide to go up to low-earth orbit or something.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Mahomes says he tries to cover for his boys a lot of the times and they'll push back when they can.

I'm betting if Pat's offering to carry the freight on a $25K vacation, Deiter's gonna do the slow reach for his wallet while Pat grabs the check...

RealSNR 07-16-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14350435)

He's just so slow. He was never able to beat a 4.5 40 in college, and he doesn't have the size to bulk up and play any other position on offense. Maybe he could have been a decent depth safety if he had converted to the position awhile ago?

There may have been tales of guys in the NFL like him who bust their asses and end up making something out of their careers more than just 3-4 years, a bunch of special teams tackles, and a couple of receptions here and there. But I can't really think of many.

Rain Man 07-16-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350456)
Mahomes says he tries to cover for his boys a lot of the times and they'll push back when they can.

I'm betting if Pat's offering to carry the freight on a $25K vacation, Deiter's gonna do the slow reach for his wallet while Pat grabs the check...

It would be kind of mind-bending to go from being a college student to suddenly making $570,000 a year, and then being the poorest guy in your posse.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14350457)
He's just so slow. He was never able to beat a 4.5 40 in college, and he doesn't have the size to bulk up and play any other position on offense. Maybe he could have been a decent depth safety if he had converted to the position awhile ago?

There may have been tales of guys in the NFL like him who bust their asses and end up making something out of their careers more than just 3-4 years, a bunch of special teams tackles, and a couple of receptions here and there. But I can't really think of many.

Terrance Copper

{ducks}

-King- 07-16-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350460)
Terrance Copper

{ducks}

Cooper was at least good on special teams. Dieter isn't even good enough for that. He was only in on 9% special teams snaps. I don't think even being friends with Mahomes can save him if he can't contribute on ST.

RealSNR 07-16-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350460)
Terrance Copper

{ducks}

Terrance Copper lasted 10 years in the NFL.

Gehrig Dieter was lucky just to be given a chance on an NFL training camp roster. He's beyond lucky to be in the position he's in at this very moment. To sustain a career as a special teams monkey for 7 more years like this would be cosmically beyond lucky.

Don't hate on Terrance Copper just because he accomplished what somebody even as lucky as Dieter can only dream of.

Graystoke 07-16-2019 02:02 PM

Pat fishes and is a football God!
Higher up the ladder he goes in my mind. Wish I could hang with him and have Kelce poor beer down into my gut

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-16-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14350480)
Cooper was at least good on special teams. Dieter isn't even good enough for that. He was only in on 9% special teams snaps. I don't think even being friends with Mahomes can save him if he can't contribute on ST.

Deiter took in Edlemans muffed punt return for a TD in the AFCCG and won the game for us. Don't underestimate Deiter.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14350482)
Terrance Copper lasted 10 years in the NFL.

"Oh like hell he did...."

{googles}

Jesus Christ, Terrance Copper played 9 years in the league. That's remarkable. And he was active for most of those 9 years.

That dude probably made $4-5 million playing football and has a vested NFLPA pension. He'll never have to work again.

Holy Hat, maybe I should've listened to my special teams coach afterall...

Rain Man 07-16-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350505)
"Oh like hell he did...."

{googles}

Jesus Christ, Terrance Copper played 9 years in the league. That's remarkable. And he was active for most of those 9 years.

That dude probably made $4-5 million playing football and has a vested NFLPA pension. He'll never have to work again.

Holy Hat, maybe I should've listened to my special teams coach afterall...

Kendall Gammon views Terrance Copper as a lightweight.

treeguy27 07-16-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Mahomes has an endorsement deal with Airshare. They fly him and his family around all of the time. I doubt it costs Dieter much to tag along on these trips. As long as there is an open seat on the jet he probably rides for free. Just has to pay for his room or whatever excursion they are doing.

neech 07-16-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

My guess is Mahomes invites Dieter to go on a fishing outing and he just sends him his flight schedule and hotel reservations, everything is paid for by Pat.

O.city 07-16-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14350457)

Shit, if Boerighter can do it, surely this dude can?

If you're gonna be slow you've gotta run routes like a badass. I'm skeptical he can.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:38 PM

And here's the other way to look at it - $100K/yr on vacations is an investment for Gehrig.

That's how he's gonna stick on an NFL roster and get that $500K minimum salary. Sure sure, the $100K is after tax (which is bullshit because as far as I'm concerned it's clearly a business expense for Dieter and thus should be deductible), but even if you figure his $500K is maybe $250K after fees/taxes, he's looking at a 100+% rate of return.

Granted, he could still get cut in which case his $100K investment yields zero return, but that's why they call it investin' and not earnin'. Returns aren't guaranteed anywhere but if you're gonna plow that money into the market or into fishing trips, well the fishing trips are clearly the better play because without those, he ain't making the roster.

You just keep as close as you can to Meal Ticket Mahomes, Deets. Don't you let him go getting another slow, undersized, doofy white homey. That's your niche; your millieu. Imma need you to stay as frenetic and goofy as possible if you want to stay in the league...

RollChiefsRoll 07-16-2019 02:40 PM

Bama alum here. Sign Dieter to a lifetime contract. **** it.

loochy 07-16-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treeguy27 (Post 14350516)
Mahomes has an endorsement deal with Airshare. They fly him and his family around all of the time. I doubt it costs Dieter much to tag along on these trips. As long as there is an open seat on the jet he probably rides for free. Just has to pay for his room or whatever excursion they are doing.

Wow, how badass would it be to just be able to go where you want on a whim? I feel like deep sea fishing in Florida tomorrow, let's go. I want to hit up Vegas tonight, let's go. Man, it's cold here today so let's go to Hawaii for a bit.

staylor26 07-16-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350524)
And here's the other way to look at it - $100K/yr on vacations is an investment for Gehrig.

That's how he's gonna stick on an NFL roster and get that $500K minimum salary. Sure sure, the $100K is after tax (which is bullshit because as far as I'm concerned it's clearly a business expense for Dieter and thus should be deductible), but even if you figure his $500K is maybe $250K after fees/taxes, he's looking at a 100+% rate of return.

Granted, he could still get cut in which case his $100K investment yields zero return, but that's why they call it investin' and not earnin'. Returns aren't guaranteed anywhere but if you're gonna plow that money into the market or into fishing trips, well the fishing trips are clearly the better play because without those, he ain't making the roster.

You just keep as close as you can to Meal Ticket Mahomes, Deets. Don't you let him go getting another slow, undersized, doofy white homey. That's your niche; your millieu. Imma need you to stay as frenetic and goofy as possible if you want to stay in the league...

Dieter is actually a pretty big dude at 6’3”. It’s probably the only thing he has going for him besides his hands.

Halfcan 07-16-2019 02:45 PM

Dieter will put up Aligator Arms Wilson numbers this year at a fraction of the cost.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14350534)
Believe it or not but Dieter is actually a pretty big dude at 6’3”.

I wasn't talking height as much as frame.

That dude's as cut as he can possibly be and he still looks scrawny. We all knew a guy like that (and some were that guy) - some 6'2'' kid that weighed 135 lbs as a freshman in college.

Put that guy on an NFL conditioning schedule and he looks like Dieter. Bird legged with a pointy chest but as yoked as a guy with that frame can possibly be.

Don't get me wrong, he'd kick my ass up and down the street without breaking a sweat. But that's a hell of a frame for a potential NFL player to have to work with.

I am surprised he's 6'3'' though; I'd have guessed about 6 foot.

staylor26 07-16-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14350480)

Lol you probably still think Kemp has a better shot than Dieter.

The Franchise 07-16-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14350377)
Was the black guy Chris Conley?

I believe it was, yes.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14350535)
Dieter will put up Aligator Arms Wilson numbers this year at a fraction of the cost.

If so, Reid is a genius.

Wilson was a FAR more skilled player than Dieter. I still don't think he got nearly enough credit for his feet and short area quickness. You want to make comps - Wilson was a significantly better version of D'Anthony Thomas.

Dieter ain't that.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14350537)
Lol you probably still think Kemp has a better shot than Dieter.

Skill alone, I'd take Kemp.

If Dieter makes the team over Kemp after Kemps contributions on STs as well as his ability to use his frame to create space, we'll know that was a bone thrown to Mahomes all the way.

Dieter ain't good, mang....

loochy 07-16-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350536)
I wasn't talking height as much as frame.

That dude's as cut as he can possibly be and he still looks scrawny. We all knew a guy like that (and some were that guy) - some 6'2'' kid that weighed 135 lbs as a freshman in college.

Put that guy on an NFL conditioning schedule and he looks like Dieter. Bird legged with a pointy chest but as yoked as a guy with that frame can possibly be.

Don't get me wrong, he'd kick my ass up and down the street without breaking a sweat. But that's a hell of a frame for a potential NFL player to have to work with.

I am surprised he's 6'3'' though; I'd have guessed about 6 foot.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I could easily see that guy looking like Joe Dirt if he didn't play football.

staylor26 07-16-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14350538)
I believe it was, yes.

It definitely was. He’s still part of the group.

staylor26 07-16-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350542)
Skill alone, I'd take Kemp.

If Dieter makes the team over Kemp after Kemps contributions on STs as well as his ability to use his frame to create space, we'll know that was a bone thrown to Mahomes all the way.

Dieter ain't good, mang....

Dude, Kemp was awful on ST’s last year. Did you see him constantly **** up at gunner? Dieter is already ahead of him on the depth chart.

I am in no way saying he’s good, but he has a much better shot than Kemp. Trust me.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:49 PM

Conley's good people and I'm glad he latched on and got paid well somewhere.

I'm equally pleased it wasn't here. He never found his groove here after that achilles. **** yourself, Bill O'Brien.

Halfcan 07-16-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350539)
If so, Reid is a genius.

Wilson was a FAR more skilled player than Dieter. I still don't think he got nearly enough credit for his feet and short area quickness. You want to make comps - Wilson was a significantly better version of D'Anthony Thomas.

Dieter ain't that.

Too bad Wilson could not catch passes with his feet, because his hands were terrible. :)

O.city 07-16-2019 02:50 PM

Pringle makes it over both of them anyway

staylor26 07-16-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14350552)

He’s easily the better player of the 3 from what I’ve seen.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-16-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14350530)
Wow, how badass would it be to just be able to go where you want on a whim? I feel like deep sea fishing in Florida tomorrow, let's go. I want to hit up Vegas tonight, let's go. Man, it's cold here today so let's go to Hawaii for a bit.

You can ask Johnny Manziel how that works out.

O.city 07-16-2019 02:57 PM

Oh god, Pat's riding a jetski behind the boat.

WE'RE DOOMED

Titty Meat 07-16-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350549)
Conley's good people and I'm glad he latched on and got paid well somewhere.

I'm equally pleased it wasn't here. He never found his groove here after that achilles. **** yourself, Bill O'Brien.

His wife is also hot and v nice.

Halfcan 07-16-2019 02:58 PM

Wilson's 1st year with the Chiefs- 16 Receptions and 260 yards. If Dieter does Nothing he can still tie Wilson's Td's which was 0.

Wilson's best year with the Chiefs he had 3 TD's.

Chris Conley's first year: 17 Receptions 199 Yards and 1 TD

So yeah- Deiter has a shot in his first year to put up better stats than these guys during their first years with the Chiefs.

Heck Conley only managed 334 Yards last year and if not for Stone Hands Harris, would have led the team in drops.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14350547)
Dude, Kemp was awful on ST’s last year. Did you see him constantly **** up at gunner? Dieter is already ahead of him on the depth chart.

I am in no way saying he’s good, but he has a much better shot than Kemp. Trust me.

Kemp had 300 snaps on special teams last year; more than 6 times what Dieter had. And Dieter wasn't out-snapping him even as the regular season wound to a close and Dieter was getting run. Kemp also out-snapped him in the playoffs on STs.

If Kemp sucked on STs last year, Dave Toub didn't notice it because he was ALWAYS Toub's ace special teamer even as the season ended (along with Zombo).

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14350552)

Very likely, yes.

But anybody getting a 4th+ WR gig had better be a viable special teams player. I have no reason to believe Pringle can't be, but that still requires that he win over Toub and not just Andy.

I think Andy gives Toub a couple of roster spots/season and if Toub bangs on the table for Kemp (or Deiter or Pringle or the rookie UDFA kid) then I think that's who'll get that last man in gig.

staylor26 07-16-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350570)
Kemp had 300 snaps on special teams last year; more than 6 times what Dieter had. And Dieter wasn't out-snapping him even as the regular season wound to a close and Dieter was getting run. Kemp also out-snapped him in the playoffs on STs.

If Kemp sucked on STs last year, Dave Toub didn't notice it because he was ALWAYS Toub's ace special teamer even as the season ended (along with Zombo).

I’m aware of all of that. But did you not see the guy shit the bed as a gunner every time he had a chance inside the 10?

Dieter still obviously has a better shot to make the team. Maybe that’s partly because he’s Mahomes BFF, but it is what it is.

loochy 07-16-2019 03:03 PM

BTW there's not much better than fresh tuna just a few hours out of the ocean

O.city 07-16-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350574)
Very likely, yes.

But anybody getting a 4th+ WR gig had better be a viable special teams player. I have no reason to believe Pringle can't be, but that still requires that he win over Toub and not just Andy.

I think Andy gives Toub a couple of roster spots/season and if Toub bangs on the table for Kemp (or Deiter or Pringle or the rookie UDFA kid) then I think that's who'll get that last man in gig.

It's always kinda made me wonder why teams use back end WR's to play special teams instead of more corners or LB's etc.

I know WR's have speed and such, but are they or do they actually do any kind of tackling?

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-16-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14350566)
Oh god, Pat's riding a jetski behind the boat.

WE'RE DOOMED

I haven't said anything but I've just had a bad feeling he's gonna pull a Yordano Ventura because it's the Chiefs curse.

staylor26 07-16-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14343688)
****ING CUT KEMP ALREADY.

Last season he may have been the worst gunner i've seen on this team since ever.

I knew I wasn’t the only one that noticed how bad Kemp was last year lol