ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319001)

Mile High Mania 11-21-2018 08:27 AM

NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes

So, I think the race comes down to these two guys and could honestly support either winning it all. Take away either player and that team is going to suck. One has vastly better stats, one has fewer losses on the season (team stat).

67.5% Completion / 117.9 QBR / 3,628 yards / 37 TD / 10 INT (186 rushing yards / 2 TDs)
76.9% Completion / 126.9 QBR / 2,964 yards / 25 TD / 1 INT (28 rushing yards / 3 TDs)

Both have their teams at the top of their conferences. One is at the end of the road, the other just getting started. Brees has never earned an MVP and is breaking career records left and right.

Are you fine either way... do you feel that Mahomes without question is the MVP over Brees? Maybe this is the ultimate test of "does the leauge really hate KC"?

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 08:28 AM

Well, I'm biased...but I say Mahomes is Offensive Player of the Year and Brees gets the MVP out of tenure alone...

But honestly, I could give a **** less about indiviual honors; I want that SB.

RedRaider56 11-21-2018 08:30 AM

Unless Brees has a meltdown, he'll win MVP.
As much as I want Mahomes to win it, his interception totals (including a 5 turnover night against the Rams) pretty much killed his opportunity.

Marcellus 11-21-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 13908024)
Unless Brees has a meltdown, he'll win MVP.
As much as I want Mahomes to win it, his interception totals (including a 5 turnover night against the Rams) pretty much killed his opportunity.

5 games left if he sets the TD record he is MVP, especially if he stays 12-14 TDs ahead of Brees.

I still think we could possibly clinch HFA before week 17 and he sits a game or part of one.

HemiEd 11-21-2018 08:39 AM

It is going to be similar to the 98 Super Bowl that Elway was gifted on his way out.
Many of the talking heads were saying he was the best QB ever not to have won a Super Bowl. Just like they are talking about Brees now, not having won an MVP.
Cooking spray anyone?

Seriously though, unless Brees shits the bed, the 5 turnover game probably ended it for Mahomes.

Skyy God 11-21-2018 08:41 AM

Mahomies should win it, Brees will win it.

Career valediction > insane production

Mile High Mania 11-21-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13908035)
It is going to be similar to the 98 Super Bowl that Elway was gifted on his way out.
Many of the talking heads were saying he was the best QB ever not to have won a Super Bowl. Just like they are talking about Brees now, not having won an MVP.
Cooking spray anyone?

Seriously though, unless Brees shits the bed, the 5 turnover game probably ended it for Mahomes.

I dunno... if PM approaches 50 TDs which is totally plausible, I think he can get it. Both playing great right now, 1 INT is pretty wild.

Marcellus 11-21-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Cooking spray anyone?

5 turnover game but he still has a commanding lead in TD's. If turnovers were a real factor in all of this Favre would have never won an MVP.

Whats crazy is Brees completion %.

Marcellus 11-21-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13908044)
I dunno... if PM approaches 50 TDs which is totally plausible, I think he can get it. Both playing great right now, 1 INT is pretty wild.

5 games to get 13 TDs with 2 games against the Raiders? He should blow past 50.

Mile High Mania 11-21-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13908048)
5 games to get 13 TDs with 2 games against the Raiders? He should blow past 50.

Totally agree.

carcosa 11-21-2018 08:45 AM

MAHOMES BICH

TribalElder 11-21-2018 08:45 AM

I think it goes to brees since he has never won it

If mahomes would have had a game winning drive I would be less convinced about brees

Marcellus 11-21-2018 08:45 AM

Imagine has someone told us before the season that this would be Mahomes total for the entire season 37/10.

Most people would have said hell yea.

ClevelandBronco 11-21-2018 08:49 AM

Having seen five minutes of Mahomes this season and zero minutes of Brees, I’d have to vote Mahomes. I saw the left handed pass, so I’ll give it to him for that play alone. And from what I can gather from people who pay far more attention, Brees has the handicap (handicap when it comes to MVP, anyway) of playing for the better team.

KChiefs1 11-21-2018 08:56 AM

I'm glad the Todd Gurley for MVP talk has subsided.

This is down to 3 candidates IMHO.

Patrick Mahomes
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck

I think the next month separates them.

BWillie 11-21-2018 08:57 AM

Have to go Brees at this time unfortunately

Yehoodi 11-21-2018 08:58 AM

Although he played well offensive Sunday night, the three picks and two fumbles hurt. Also, the chiefs have lost two of the under the lights games against the better teams in the league when the Saints beat the Rams.

Mahomes has more TDs and more yards, on the other hand Brees only has one INT, a higher QB rating and higher completion percentage (nearly 5% points over the record he set last year). So Brees could set the completion percentage and be near the top of fewest INT (Brady at 2 is record).

As it stand now i have Brees the leader, but there are still 5 games to play and anything can happen.

wazu 11-21-2018 09:01 AM

I vote Mahomes. All I really care is that he wins Super Bowl MVP, though.

mlyonsd 11-21-2018 09:02 AM

Depends on the post season.

patteeu 11-21-2018 09:03 AM

It's not a career award, so Mahomes, but I bet Brees is the frontrunner now because of career accomplishments.

O.city 11-21-2018 09:05 AM

I'd give it to Brees at this point. Mahomes has been awesome, but Brees is just on a crazy pace.

InChiefsHeaven 11-21-2018 09:07 AM

If the MVP is equivalent to a lifetime achievment award, then Brees gets it hands down. The 5 turnover night for Mahomes makes that a little easier, but damn, unless something bad happens Mahomes should break the records for TD's and yardage. How is that not MVP? Too bad for Brees that he wasn't able to accomplish this stuff last season.

But yeah, I'd rather have a SB and screw that other stuff.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 09:08 AM

Mahomes should win it. Bree’s has the better overall team around him. Better offensive line and defense for sure.

Gravedigger 11-21-2018 09:26 AM

It depends on if the voters want to reward flawless efficiency or if they want to reward lavish numbers. I could see them going either way, if Patrick keeps up with his TDs, eclipsing Tom Brady's number or amazingly getting the record from Manning, and gets the Chiefs a first round bye in his Rookie season, you can't argue with that with efficiency and nostalgic feelings of Brees should get one in his career.

I think if you're talking MVP, Most Valuable Player, then you should go with Brees. He's more valuable to the Saints than Mahomes is to the Chiefs. We've seen Andy Reid take teams with Alex Smith at the helm to the playoffs for years now, he would be able to do it again without Mahomes. I can't say the same for Brees though, I don't think Sean Payton could guarantee a playoff spot to Alex Smith if he was on the Saints and Brees wasn't.

Just as long as you never mention Todd Gurley "in the race" again, we're good. No RB is competing with QB's for MVP in this league for the forseeable future, no matter how good he is.

O.city 11-21-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13908095)
Mahomes should win it. Bree’s has the better overall team around him. Better offensive line and defense for sure.

Offensive line for sure and running game.

But weapons wise, not really. The Chiefs weapons are probably the best in the league when everyone is a go.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13908124)
Offensive line for sure and running game.

But weapons wise, not really. The Chiefs weapons are probably the best in the league when everyone is a go.

Look at the defense though.

O.city 11-21-2018 09:31 AM

Chris Simms had a good segment about it on his podcast. He says the Chiefs offense is based more around Mahomes and Brees is a bit more cog in the machine.

OKchiefs 11-21-2018 09:31 AM

Brees will win, and that's okay. Mahomes'time will come. In 2 years Brees will be retired or a shell of his former self, whereas Mahomes should still have 15 more years of dominance. Saints fans are about to join Patriots, Chargers, and Steelers fans rooting for bottom feeder franchises.

O.city 11-21-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13908127)
Look at the defense though.

Cheifs d is leading the league in sacks.

Best22 11-21-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Cooking spray anyone?

That wasn’t a gift. 1998 Broncos were stacked

There was cheating involved but they created (illegally) the bet team in football

Amnorix 11-21-2018 09:35 AM

Sick as Mahomes season has been, I think it's Brees. 25/1 TD/INT ratio is better than 37/10. Would you trade 12 more TDs for 9 more picks? Yeah, didn't think so.

Plus he'll get the nostalgia vote, if Brees seriously has never won MVP. How that's possible I have no idea, but yeah, that will seal it. Everyone will say Mahomes is young and will have plenty more chances. It's not fair, but it's reality. All else being equal, it will be the tie breaker though I don't see it as equal right now. Still plenty of football left this season though.

Amnorix 11-21-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13908132)
That wasn’t a gift. 1998 Broncos were stacked

There was cheating involved but they created (illegally) the bet team in football

I hate them, but I watched more than enough of them to know that those Broncos teams were sick. They were completely dominant for three years. I remember being damn glad the Jags somehow beat them in 1996 so the Patriots could play the Jags not the Broncos in the AFCCG. Terrell Davis turned a damn good team into a completely disgusting one.

Easy 6 11-21-2018 09:47 AM

My choice is clear, but barring a complete meltdown Brees will run away with it for sentimental reasons

O.city 11-21-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13908136)
Sick as Mahomes season has been, I think it's Brees. 25/1 TD/INT ratio is better than 37/10. Would you trade 12 more TDs for 9 more picks? Yeah, didn't think so.

Plus he'll get the nostalgia vote, if Brees seriously has never won MVP. How that's possible I have no idea, but yeah, that will seal it. Everyone will say Mahomes is young and will have plenty more chances. It's not fair, but it's reality. All else being equal, it will be the tie breaker though I don't see it as equal right now. Still plenty of football left this season though.

I mean, I get that, but even if every INT led to a TD, that's still plus 21 in total points.

Best22 11-21-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13908149)
I mean, I get that, but even if every INT led to a TD, that's still plus 21 in total points.

Factor in rushing touchdowns and fumbles (lost) and it becomes 39/12, 28/1.

Dead even at 27

carcosa 11-21-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

**** off!!!!!!

Amnorix 11-21-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13908149)

Nah, it's not really close in my mind. I don't ever see a 4:3 TD to INT ratio being a good thing.

But hey, why declare now -- if Brees has just one or two bad games, it could quickly go from 25/1 to whatever, 34/7 by year end, and while that's a great year, it wouldn't compare really with, say, 52/14 or whatever Mahomes could realistically get to.

Amnorix 11-21-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13908158)
**** off!!!!!!

Why, n00b?

lcarus 11-21-2018 10:04 AM

Guy is on pace for 53 TDs and 5200 yards and might not get MVP. Thats crazy to me.

Mile High Mania 11-21-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13908168)
Guy is on pace for 53 TDs and 5200 yards and might not get MVP. Thats crazy to me.

Yeah, it's going to get very interesting if PM is in that range...

Chiefnj2 11-21-2018 10:07 AM

Legit candidates;

Chiefs - Mahomes and Hill.
Rams - Gurley and Donald
Bears - Mack
Saints - Brees

carcosa 11-21-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13908163)
Why, n00b?

Because you are Patriots scum and should **** off for eternity!!!!! Thank u

jaa1025 11-21-2018 10:13 AM

The gap was closing prior to the Rams game but Mahomes still had the lead IMO. After the Rams game, on national TV, Mahomes was having an MVP type of game until the final 2 drives. His arm was bumped and he threw an INT and then threw another INT on a poorly thrown ball (didn't get set...and probably a bad decision anyways).

He will probably need to play flawlessly from here and Brees needs to have a bad game or two for Mahomes to win it. The Saints still play the Steelers, Cowboys, and 2 games against Carolina that could be tough but none really have that good of defenses even in todays NFL.

In58men 11-21-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13908172)
Legit candidates;

Rams - Gurley and Donald
Bears - Mack
Saints - Brees

Vikings- Danielle Hunter

He’s having a monster year and stays on the field unlike Mack. Gets overlooked because Mack and Donald are ESPNs favorites.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13908172)
Legit candidates;

Rams - Gurley and Donald
Bears - Mack
Saints - Brees

Sorry but Gurley, HIll, Donald and Mack don't have a chance at MVP. It will always be a QB's award as long as the stats are like they are.

O.city 11-21-2018 10:19 AM

I would actually give it to Donald at this point but he'll never win it.

RealSNR 11-21-2018 10:21 AM

Any one person who votes for Gurley needs to kill themselves for being so ****ing stupid.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-21-2018 10:21 AM

Depends what Brees does this week... He has played one less game and this week he will have stats for 11 games, equivalent to Mahomes. If he goes 4 TD's - 0 picks that makes him the front runner. If he throws a couple of picks it will be closer.

Dante84 11-21-2018 10:22 AM

I think Pat pulls back ahead if one of two, or both, things happen:

- he gets 51+ TD’s (passes Brady’s best season, 2nd place all time if under 55)
- he throws 8 TD’s in a game (sets record for most in a game, can do it against Raiders)

I think he sits week 17 against the Raiders which limits his games to 4. He’ll need to average 4 per game to hit 51.

- Raiders 3-8 TD’s - we could let off the gas and run a lot when we have the lead.
- Chargers 3-5 TD’s - could be another shootout
- Ravens 2-4 TD’s - meh
- Seahawks 2-4 TD’s - meh
- Raiders (May sit out)

Best case, 58 TD’s and most all time. Worst case, 47 TD’s.

ToxSocks 11-21-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13908073)

Patrick Mahomes
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck

Andrew Luck? Dafuq?

He'll get come back player of the year and be happy with it.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13908203)
Andrew Luck? Dafuq?

He'll get come back player of the year and be happy with it.

If you think anybody is beating J.J. Watt for comeback player of the year.....you're mistaken.

BryanBusby 11-21-2018 10:25 AM

Right now it would have to be Drew Brees, but Pat certainly isn't out of the mix.

His great OL helps a lot, but dang you gotta appreciate what the dude is doing at 39.

Amnorix 11-21-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the "new" NFL. I saw a tweet that only six guys in NFL history had ____ yards and ___ TDs by Game 10 and each had won the NFL MVP that year.

Goff and Mahomes BOTH had those stats when they met last Monday, and that wasn't even counting Brees' sick season (I think Brees didn't meet the yardage number but don't recall).

It's a sick all-offense world now. All the old records for scoring, TDs, passing, receiving etc. should fall within the current generation, except maybe Rice's lifetime numbers.

Amnorix 11-21-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13908177)
Because you are Patriots scum and should **** off for eternity!!!!! Thank u

I'll take that under advisement.

Best22 11-21-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13908208)
Right now it would have to be Drew Brees, but Pat certainly isn't out of the mix.

His great OL helps a lot, but dang you gotta appreciate what the dude is doing at 39.

I also appreciate that a 23 year old leads the league in touchdowns and yards

Mahomer 11-21-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Except 3 of those picks were essentially hail marys. LOL. The Saints have basically never been in a hail mary position all season. Not surprising Brees doesn't have any of those garbage time picks. All Qbs have those. Rodgers/Manning/Brady. Not sure why Mahomes is getting penalized for that.

And even if all 10 were poor in-game decisions, 10 ints is still ridiculously low for someone who leads the league in passing yards. Go look up the passing yardage kings all these years. Almost no one has fewer ints than Mahomes does.

As far as completion percentage, yes Brees is killing it but Mahomes isn't shabby himself at almost 68%. Considering Brees has 60 plus fewer passing attempts, of course, his completion percentage will be inflated. That's basically equivalent to Mahomes having to play almost 2 more games than Brees. So, of course, Mahomes percentage will be hurt because of variance and Brees percentage will be better.

Ironically I am of the mindset that the lifetime award aspect of this conversation actually hurts Brees here. If Brees never winning an MVP is weighted into this conversation then I am weighing the fact that Mahomes is essentially a rookie vs Brees and of course because of that it's way easier for Brees to do what he's doing after 15 whatever years of experience than it is for Mahomes to be doing this. I don't buy the, "he's young, he'll have other chances...." MVP years are specifically designed to recognize abnormal playing years. Mahomes year is 10x more abnormal considering Mahomes age and experience than Brees not throwing picks as a 15-year vet.

Look at Cam Newton/Rodgers/Matt Ryan/ none of them had a year quite like their MVP seasons. There is no evidence Mahomes will catch lightning in a bottle again. Defenses were not planning for Mahomes until well after his 14-0 TD to int ratio start. If I was voting no way I vote Brees.

jjchieffan 11-21-2018 10:39 AM

I have always been a fan of Drew Brees. He has had a great career. It's hard to believe that he has never been league MVP. But it's always been like it is this year. His greatest seasons have been not quite as good as a career year by another great. Most years, Brees would be hands down the MVP. Who could have imagined that a first year starter would be on Pace for a 50 TD season? I'll be disappointed if Mahomes doesn't win it. But I'll still be happy for Brees.

Shaid 11-21-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13908023)
Well, I'm biased...but I say Mahomes is Offensive Player of the Year and Brees gets the MVP out of tenure alone...

But honestly, I could give a **** less about indiviual honors; I want that SB.

I think this is how it probably goes. Next month could change things.

Chief Roundup 11-21-2018 10:47 AM

Brees.

In58men 11-21-2018 10:50 AM

1. Mahomes

2. Brees

3. Hunter

4. Gurley

5. Donald

/thread

milkshock 11-21-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomer (Post 13908230)
Except 3 of those picks were essentially hail marys. LOL. The Saints have basically never been in a hail mary position all season. Not surprising Brees doesn't have any of those garbage time picks. All Qbs have those. Rodgers/Manning/Brady. Not sure why Mahomes is getting penalized for that.

And even if all 10 were poor in-game decisions, 10 ints is still ridiculously low for someone who leads the league in passing yards. Go look up the passing yardage kings all these years. Almost no one has fewer ints than Mahomes does.

As far as completion percentage, yes Brees is killing it but Mahomes isn't shabby himself at almost 68%. Considering Brees has 60 plus fewer passing attempts, of course, his completion percentage will be inflated. That's basically equivalent to Mahomes having to play almost 2 more games than Brees. So, of course, Mahomes percentage will be hurt because of variance and Brees percentage will be better.

Ironically I am of the mindset that the lifetime award aspect of this conversation actually hurts Brees here. If Brees never winning an MVP is weighted into this conversation then I am weighing the fact that Mahomes is essentially a rookie vs Brees and of course because of that it's way easier for Brees to do what he's doing after 15 whatever years of experience than it is for Mahomes to be doing this. I don't buy the, "he's young, he'll have other chances...." MVP years are specifically designed to recognize abnormal playing years. Mahomes year is 10x more abnormal considering Mahomes age and experience than Brees not throwing picks as a 15-year vet.

Look at Cam Newton/Rodgers/Matt Ryan/ none of them had a year quite like their MVP seasons. There is no evidence Mahomes will catch lightning in a bottle again. Defenses were not planning for Mahomes until well after his 14-0 TD to int ratio start. If I was voting no way I vote Brees.

yes another interesting stat is that Mahomes has thrown no picks in 5 of the 11 games, which supports the idea that a lot of the picks were hail mary's/garbage time INT's.

Imon Yourside 11-21-2018 10:51 AM

I don't care and neither does Pat, SB champs or bust. Learn some clock management and git gud.

ChiefBlueCFC 11-21-2018 11:04 AM

Gotta say: really don't care if Mahomes gets MVP. Obviously, it would be cool if Mahomes won MVP and we got the recognition deserved but I'd rather just win in Jan and Feb.

But if I had to pick, I'd say Brees, but its basically a coin-flip.

Mile High Mania 11-21-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 13908250)
yes another interesting stat is that Mahomes has thrown no picks in 5 of the 11 games, which supports the idea that a lot of the picks were hail mary's/garbage time INT's.

Jags game he threw two, one in the 1st half and one in the 4th.
Pats game he threw two, both in the first half.
CIN game he threw one in the 3rd.
DEN game he threw one in the 4th.
CLE game he threw one in the first half.

So, I don't know if you can say they were all hail mary's/garbage time. It's not terrible by any means, QBs throw INTs.

Imon Yourside 11-21-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13908283)

So, I don't know if you can say they were all hail mary's/garbage time. It's not terrible by any means, QBs throw INTs.

Cleveland game was a half ending hail mary, the two in the Jags games were one a great defensive play and 2 a miscommunication with his receiver. Pats game the 2 were painful and one was just a bait job. Bengals game he was just being greedy. Denver game was a legit pick i think, I don't remember that one. Rams game the one of the helmet was a head scratcher, the 2nd he was hit as he threw but still a horrible playcall, last one was a hail mary basically with 15 secs left from our own 25.

BigCatDaddy 11-21-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

If he gets 5000 yards and 50 TDs he should definitely win..May not, but should.

BleedingRed 11-21-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13908283)

A 23 year old QB who hasn't played 16 games has thrown 37 TD's and damn near 4k yards.......

LET THAT SINK IN

Chief_N_Bama 11-21-2018 11:29 AM

I know I’m biased but Mahomes is having the more impressive season. Completion % is great an all, but I think its as much the function of the system as it is a reflection of Brees’ ability. I mean, the completion % record once belonged to Sam Bradford. No one is gonna argue that he is a HOF’er. Just compare the Qb’s who lead the league in completion % to those who have thrown the most TD’s. The TD list is comprised of franchise QB’s, while the completion list is more of a mixed bag. Put it this way, the Saints offense wouldn’t be much different with Alex Smith at QB, and Alex’s stats wouldn’t be much different from Brees’ in the Saints system. While Mahomes has already exceeded Alex’s production in Andy’s system in just 11 games.

Valiant 11-21-2018 11:31 AM

If he breaks to record he gets it unless brees collapses.

If brees keeps pace it is his.

Molitoth 11-21-2018 11:31 AM

If Scandrick catches that INT and Mahomes finishes that game with 1 INT and a win, Mahomes has the edge.

Because Scandrick sucks ass, those INT's are going to kill Mahomes chances... regardless of the scenario in which they happened.

bowener 11-21-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13908073)

Patrick Mahomes OPOY
Drew Brees MVP
Andrew Luck Comeback Player of the Year

That is how I see it ending up.

Imon Yourside 11-21-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13908359)
If Scandrick catches that INT and Mahomes finishes that game with 1 INT and a win, Mahomes has the edge.

Because Scandrick sucks ass, those INT's are going to kill Mahomes chances... regardless of the scenario in which they happened.

Makes me wish we had thrown some picks out there for PP before the trade deadline.

TEX 11-21-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13908359)

Yep. And to be clear - SCANDRICK DOES INDEED SUCKS ASS.

Graystoke 11-21-2018 11:44 AM

Brees has the upper hand on this. He is indeed having a hell of a year.

Red Dawg 11-21-2018 11:46 AM

Worthless award. If he throws 50 tds and doesn't get it, thats just plain stupid.

TEX 11-21-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 13908281)
Gotta say: really don't care if Mahomes gets MVP. Obviously, it would be cool if Mahomes won MVP and we got the recognition deserved but I'd rather just win in Jan and Feb.

But if I had to pick, I'd say Brees, but its basically a coin-flip.

Exactly.

tk13 11-21-2018 11:48 AM

If Brees continues at this pace I think he'll get it. End up with like 40 TD and only 2 or 3 INT, while smashing the completion % record? That's pretty tough. Arguably the greatest QB season ever.

Simply Red 11-21-2018 11:50 AM

Don't they wait until the end of the season to vote in this yrs. MVP?

Mahomer 11-21-2018 11:53 AM

Also, the Saints haven't played anyone. Just look at their schedule and then compare that to the Chiefs if you want to laugh.

Rasputin 11-21-2018 11:53 AM

Mahomes is changing the dynamics of quarterback play. He is making other quarterbacks/teams take notice and up their game. Goff rolled out to his left i believe he wouldn't have done that if he hadn't been paying attention to Mahomes.

Mahomes is bringing new fans to the NFL

Naw O'leans has a better defense than the Chiefs