ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is the NFL and its refs out to "get us"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318980)

BigRedChief 11-20-2018 07:47 AM

Is the NFL and its refs out to "get us"?

You conspiracy nuts need to stop this crap.The game wasn't fixed. This poor old me routine on here is getting old.

The NFL loves the Chiefs and Mahomes. They are the exact team they want playing in the NFL. GMF is nothing but a Mahomes lovefest every morning. All of the NFL network shows tout Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. They flexed us into two straight weeks on SNF. Its so obvious other teams fans are bitching about the constant Mahomes/Chiefs love fest.But, they are out to get us?

Another one is the NFL doesnt want a small market winning the SB. Are these conspiracy nuts paying attention? Small markets don't matter if your the big dog. Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy, Hello....evidence you can see with your own eyes.

With all this evidence we can see on a daily basis, somehow you get the idea that the NFL wants the Chiefs to lose. That makes no sense. They are not out to "get us". The NFL is promoting the shit out of us on a daily basis. This conspiracy BS is just that, BS.

lawrenceRaider 11-20-2018 07:50 AM

A lot of lopsided calls last night. That first PI on Scandrick was total horse crap. Not calling holding once on the Rams for hooking and bear hugging Ford all night was total horse crap. The "block in the back" for a light touch and immediate pull hand off was total horse crap. The holding penalty at the beginning of the game against the Chiefs to negate a big run was total horse crap.

So either the refs were instructed to try and help keep it close, or they just suck.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-20-2018 07:51 AM

Secondary does hold and interfere a ton since they aren't talented enough

Rasputin 11-20-2018 07:51 AM

I think we had 10 penalties before the lambs got one

I don't know if they are out to get us but a false start is a false start that should negate a touchdown.

TambaBerry 11-20-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13905958)
You conspiracy nuts need to stop this crap.The game wasn't fixed. This poor old me routine on here is getting old.

The NFL loves the Chiefs and Mahomes. They are the exact team they want playing in the NFL. GMF is nothing but a Mahomes lovefest every morning. All of the NFL network shows tout Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. They flexed us into two straight weeks on SNF. Its so obvious other teams fans are bitching about the constant Mahomes/Chiefs love fest.But, they are out to get us?

Another one is the NFL doesnt want a small market winning the SB. Are these conspiracy nuts paying attention? Small markets don't matter if your the big dog. Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy, Hello....evidence you can see with your own eyes.

With all this evidence we can see on a daily basis, somehow you get the idea that the NFL wants the Chiefs to lose. That makes no sense. They are not out to "get us". The NFL is promoting the shit out of us on a daily basis. This conspiracy BS is just that, BS.

people like you are the joke. What is in the best interest of the NFL right now? The Chiefs suceeding or the Rams being good in LA?

kcpasco 11-20-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13905968)
people like you are the joke. What is in the best interest of the NFL right now? The Chiefs suceeding or the Rams being good in LA?

Both? Though I think the league loves Mahomes and not KC.

Garcia Bronco 11-20-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

If the game is fixed then there is nothing to brag about or care about.

Having said that the game last night was offensive in every sense of the word.

Dartgod 11-20-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Ummm, the Rams are good. In LA.

Grim 11-20-2018 07:57 AM

It's CP.
I've grown to expect much ****tardery when reading what's posted here.
Sadly, the conspiracy theory about the refs being out to get us is not the most ****tarded thing I've read here. It's pretty high up the list, though.

Iowanian 11-20-2018 07:58 AM

If I could make gifs I'd have a dozen posted here for considerations....suh hitting Mahomes on the ground with a fist, offensive tackles moving early, faux PI(a lot were legit) and winkingrefs among others.

I don't think they would hate the Chiefs winning, but I think for PR and Fire reasons there was a distinct bias last night.

Imon Yourside 11-20-2018 07:59 AM

Just for once give us a big game without bullshit officiating, it's not too much to ask for Football to not be pro wrestling.

BigRedChief 11-20-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13905972)
Both? Though I think the league loves Mahomes and not KC.

I would agree with this. If Mahomes was in Jacksonville or Buffalo, they would be promoting the hell out of him there. But, he's in KC.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13905975)
Ummm, the Rams are good. In LA.

THIS! They are a damn good team for this era, so are we thanks to Mahomes.

BryanBusby 11-20-2018 08:01 AM

The out to get us week in week out narrative is tiring, but whew did last night not help to push back against that narrative. That was a terrible game for officiating.

Rasputin 11-20-2018 08:02 AM

It's ok to tackle our speed rushers

Tamba Hali had a career of being choke hold rushing the quarterback.

bdj23 11-20-2018 08:03 AM

I don't think they are out to get us as much as i think they are just a bunch of reeruns.

Rasputin 11-20-2018 08:03 AM

Marcus Peters laying on top of the quarterback is ok

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 08:04 AM

I think the officials are just bad. I think the NFL has instituted so many rules that the refs can't ref anymore. They call stupid ticky tack penalties & let obvious penalties go.

I see it every game. Inconsistency.

A hold is called on some & not on others even though the guy is doing the exact same thing. The RT of the Rams should have been called for multiple false starts but not one was called. Same guy also held Ford the exact same way Fisher got called for a hold. THE EXACT SAME WAY!

In last year's playoff game the ref called forward progress stopped when it was a clear fumble with no forward progress.

I'm just tired of the crap.

Be CONSISTENT not consistently bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kccrow 11-20-2018 08:05 AM

Out to get us? Don't know about that.

Did the game last night have clearly biased officiating? Absolutely, without doubt.

That said, the Chiefs could have overcome said officiating with even a minor bump in competence if they didn't suck such sack.

thabear04 11-20-2018 08:08 AM

Did the Right tackle move before the ball was hike? When Goff ran in for a touchdown.

KCUnited 11-20-2018 08:08 AM

No, but they obviously can't evaluate talent if that was an allstar crew they assembled specifically for last nights game. Also, with all the pregame emo heart string tugging production crap that goes on for primetime games, I think it can lend itself to a ref or refs getting caught up in it and thinking he or she has to play some kind of Touched By An Angel role for the home team. First responders, moments of silence...if you came in neutral, you left pulling for the Rams and their homeless players.

tooge 11-20-2018 08:09 AM

The defensive holding and offensive holding rules are flawed in this league. Everyone knows that holding can be called on every play. And yet, it's only called in certain situations, and can be "used" to essentially regulate how a game is going since it can be called on every play. I saw a play last night where our D back grabbed the jersey of the Rams receiver. It was on the second to last Rams TD. As they show the replay, in the background, you can see the Rams OT holding Houstons jersey in the exact same manner. Only the defensive one was called. That is my point. That call allowed a TD instead of a FG and changed the outcome of the game.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 08:16 AM

The league moved that game to LA and did a little homecooking to make Rams fans feel good after a couple of crappy weeks.

How many times has an NFL field been torn up by a concert or baseball game and they resod the whole thing two days before the game?

You telling me they ain't gots no sod in Mexico City?

And no one to lay it??

Come on. Listen to Goff's post game presser :

"It's just really good to get this, we needed this win at home in front of our fans, maybe give them some entertainment to help them forget about the past couple of weeks..."

Nzoner 11-20-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

30 minutes prior to kick-off last night I checked scores and odds one last time to see how the money trends were looking for the game before placing my wager.KC was sitting at 62% the rams 38%.

While that doesn't prove a damn thing I will never be convinced that certain games aren't swayed based on the insane amount of money that is bet.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 08:19 AM

Conspiracy theories are fun... helps some cope.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13906014)

While that doesn't prove a damn thing I will never be convinced that certain games aren't swayed based on the insane amount of money that is bet.

https://i.gifer.com/1Gg.gif

FAX 11-20-2018 08:22 AM

If there is no bias and officials aren't legally blind, why did Suh not get a flag for the forearm shiver to Mahomes helmet near the endzone?

One would think that most of the refs' attention would be directed toward a ball carrier who is quickly approaching scoring position ...

Looked like a foul to me ... and the radio guys ... and the tv guys ... and everybody else. Would have given us 1st down at the 6-inch line.

FAX

Nzoner 11-20-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13905977)

I don't think they would hate the Chiefs winning, but I think for PR and Fire reasons there was a distinct bias last night.

This is very logical thinking.

Sannyasi 11-20-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13906014)
30 minutes prior to kick-off last night I checked scores and odds one last time to see how the money trends were looking for the game before placing my wager.KC was sitting at 62% the rams 38%.

The Chiefs covered though... also Vegas got killed on the over line.

smithandrew051 11-20-2018 08:25 AM

It’s either intentional bias or complete incompetence. Not sure which one I prefer.

Nzoner 11-20-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 13906025)
The Chiefs covered though... also Vegas got killed on the over line.

That depends on when you bet the game as it fluctuated between 3.5 and 3,personally I got it at 3 and got a push.

Eleazar 11-20-2018 08:27 AM

This place is putting the glory days of the Donk fans to shame when it comes to crying about the officiating and seeing conspiracies around every corner. Pretty sad really

In58men 11-20-2018 08:27 AM

https://twitter.com/owenxmzee/status...442365955?s=21

Why the wink?

Nzoner 11-20-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13906039)

LMAO

FAX 11-20-2018 08:32 AM

How about the incomplete (tipped) pass that the refs declared was an INT that resulted in a touchdown and had to be called back? That was another excellent call by the "star" officiating team ...

Or the tipped ball that forced Wally to use a challenge?

Bias or incompetence ... take your pick.

FAX

KC_Lee 11-20-2018 08:34 AM

If you don't want folks thinking that your officating crew is biased or the game if fixed then...

1) Don't switched up the crew at the last minute and tell everyone how this is an "All Star" ref crew

2) Don't have one of your "All Star" ref crew wink and Goff while talking with a clearly irate Andy Reid

3) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew miss a blatant false start on an LA TD

4) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew call a incomplete pass, broken up at the line, a fumble for a TD only to be overruled by a clear replay

Not going to get into the lack of holding calls on KC D linemen, that happens to everybody and it's never going to stop.

Do I think the game was fixed, not really. Do I think there was a narrative and story line that needed to be pushed? Yep, and the announce team and the "All Star" ref crew made sure that narrative and story line was pushed and came to fruition.

Eleazar 11-20-2018 08:37 AM

can someone change the thread title to "Are the NFL and its refs out to get us?" before it gives me a gramneurysm

BigRedChief 11-20-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13906057)
can someone change the thread title to "Are the NFL and its refs out to get us?" before it gives me a gramneurysm

https://media.makeameme.org/created/...is-Grammar.jpg

lawrenceRaider 11-20-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13906048)
How about the incomplete (tipped) pass that the refs declared was an INT that resulted in a touchdown and had to be called back? That was another excellent call by the "star" officiating team ...

Or the tipped ball that forced Wally to use a challenge?

Bias or incompetence ... take your pick.

FAX

That one was especially terrible in a game with plenty of terrible calls. Really an incredibly obvious call for the officials to make, and to need replay to over turn it was ridiculous.

BigRedChief 11-20-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13905982)
The out to get us week in week out narrative is tiring, but whew did last night not help to push back against that narrative. That was a terrible game for officiating.

Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = NFL mandates that the officials are "out to get us" and create a loss.

Imon Yourside 11-20-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13906039)

Goff told Andy hey you only have 3 challenges, use them wisely. That set Reid off and then the wink.

Eleazar 11-20-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13906073)

I didn't even bother with "your" a conspiracy nutcase :rolleyes:

BryanBusby 11-20-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13906083)
Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = "out to get us".

Okay, great. My post never indicated that it did, but thanks.

staylor26 11-20-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = "out to get us".

Neither does biased officiating. I don’t think it was about us.

It was about LA, home game, the fires, the shooting etc.

It’s just too coincidental for me to believe otherwise.

TLO 11-20-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13906057)

I keep thinking this too.

BigRedChief 11-20-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13906089)
Okay, great. My post never indicated that it did, but thanks.

I was agreeing with you. GEEZZZ people are touchy this am.:eek:

RunKC 11-20-2018 08:58 AM

It doesn’t matter. This team is not discipline and it comes from coaching. Several stupid penalties by us shot us in our own dick.

We got screwed a few times, yeah....but every week we get penalties by sheer stupidity.

BryanBusby 11-20-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13906095)
I was agreeing with you. GEEZZZ people are touchy this am.:eek:

I'm still tired and cranky after another Sutton specisl. Woops!

oldman 11-20-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13905977)
If I could make gifs I'd have a dozen posted here for considerations....suh hitting Mahomes on the ground with a fist, offensive tackles moving early, faux PI(a lot were legit) and winkingrefs among others.

I think this is the most true. Add Murray's hit that resulted in a penalty, Ford and Houston getting mugged all night long, and others to numerous to list and you have something the NFL needs to review. I told oldwoman that we were screwed as soon as they lit that torch.

loochy 11-20-2018 08:59 AM

I wouldn't say the refs are out to get US.

They are out to push it in certain teams' directions many times (i.e.LA based teams), and sometimes we are on the bad end of that. They aren't out to get us, they are out to help the other team.

After watching all of the hoo hah rigarmaro that went on before the game, did you REALLY think that things wouldn't be slanted to LA from the get go?

That's not to say that we couldn't have easily prevented a huge number of those penalties though. Things like jumping off sides...it's so blatant that it HAS to be called.

Nzoner 11-20-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13906091)

Quit making sense :D

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13906023)
If there is no bias and officials aren't legally blind, why did Suh not get a flag for the forearm shiver to Mahomes helmet near the endzone?

One would think that most of the refs' attention would be directed toward a ball carrier who is quickly approaching scoring position ...

Looked like a foul to me ... and the radio guys ... and the tv guys ... and everybody else. Would have given us 1st down at the 6-inch line.

FAX

FAX THE ACCURATE ASSESMENT.

Frazod 11-20-2018 09:13 AM

If you don't see the obvious bias the league has for its darling big market coastal teams, you're either blind or reeruned. The End.

DeepPurple 11-20-2018 09:17 AM

On the Rams TD where Goff rolled out of the pocket to the right and then ran up the middle 10 yards to the endzone, there was definite offensive holding on Rams #79 lineman. I played it back on TV last night a few times in slow motion, but I saw it in real time at real speed to begin with, I don't know how the refs could of missed that one.

The unnecessary roughness call for hitting the Rams receiver at the 5 yard line was also bogus, he dropped the ball from the hit, so how can they say it was after the play? It seems everytime they make that call, it's always after the play. The pass by PM that was deflected and originally called a fumble and recovery and TD for the Rams, I had no problem seeing that in real time it was a deflected forward pass, thank heaven for reviews.

The block in the back on a punt return by #42, he pushed the kicker barely and he fell into the tackle. How can it be a block when the guy makes the tackle. Another block in the back on a punt return showed on replay he might of brushed the guys back with one hand, but there was no force or push involved. I don't know if the refs are not use to night games, or they're not in the right position, but they were terrible last night and flag happy in the Rams favor.

Nzoner 11-20-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13906136)
If you don't see the obvious bias the league has for its darling big market coastal teams, you're either blind or reeruned. The End.

I'll never forget our discussion many years ago after that Texans debacle.

FloridaMan88 11-20-2018 09:21 AM

When the refs don’t throw a flag on Suh after he hit Mahomes in the head and put a choke hold on him on a Mahomes slide play, considering how tightly they were officiating the game against the Chiefs, that isn’t balanced.

A Salt Weapon 11-20-2018 09:26 AM

I don’t know if I’d say rigged or out to get us, but the NFL certainly had an agenda last night. There was no way they were not going to let the rams get out to a lead to the start the game. And once they got handed a lead, they backed off and didn’t get involved again until it was on the verge of becoming a blowout. Then they stayed involved throughout the game in order to keep it close enough to sway. It’s planned, most people don’t care, and the NFL makes a ton of money.

staylor26 11-20-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

The ****ing people that defend this shit are the worst.

It’s like they feel they’re better fans or more intelligent because they will never blame the refs under any circumstances. Such horseshit.

jaa1025 11-20-2018 09:29 AM

I think it was not necessarily to get us as much as to get the Rams the win due to the fires and that the Rams are it's new brand in the biggest market in football. I also think the game was moved primarily so the Rams could have every advantage to win. If that game was played in Mexico City the Chiefs win easily. If that game was played with unbiased refs the Chiefs win easily.

KCFalcon59 11-20-2018 09:31 AM

No, they're not out to get the Chiefs. They're just horrible at their jobs.

DeepPurple 11-20-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13906148)
When the refs don’t throw a flag on Suh after he hit Mahomes in the head and put a choke hold on him on a Mahomes slide play, considering how tightly they were officiating the game against the Chiefs, that isn’t balanced.

I forgot that one, I was waiting for the flag and it never came. Also when Mahomes tackled that runner at the goal line and another Rams player fell on top of him, there should of been piling on or unnecessary roughness on that play, but that would of nullified a Rams TD, wait a minute, they'll say that it occurred after the play so the penalty would be inforced on the kickoff, but it never came either.

Frazod 11-20-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 13906179)
No, they're not out to get the Chiefs. They're just horrible at their jobs.

Actually, they're great at their jobs. They did exactly what they were directed to do. They are the NFL's dream team of corruption.

DJJasonp 11-20-2018 09:39 AM

Whenever there are billions of dollars at stake - for anything - there will be corruption.

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Bringing in an "All-Star" ref crew too is also just too coincidental for me too.

If that's your best group of officials....no words.

dlphg9 11-20-2018 09:43 AM

Jesus, some of you need to open your ****ing eyes. Almost 100 yards of penalties in the 1st quarter against us. None for the Rams. Tyreek Hill gets a PF for throwing up the peace sign for half a second, but Peters get to lay on Mahomes for 10 seconds running his mouth, the refs can't see the right tackle continually drop back early when they constantly are able to see the smallest flinch from an interior lineman, very first play for the Rams they already start their shit by calling a perfectly defended ball by Scandrick PI, a normal ****ing hit is called hitting a defenseless receiver. Constant missed calls. It was clear the NFL wasn't going to let us jump ahead like we normally do. That game is completely different if not for the **** job we got to start out.

No game should ever be that lopsided in penalties, especially when I'm constantly hearing "Oh, quit complaining about our pass rushers being held, there are penalties on every play" or when I'm always seeing a defensive back tugging on our players jersey. Why the **** is it so lopsided then? Why were we penalized 8 times in a quarter? If there are penalties every play then why aren't they evenly called? Explain that to me. We've been called for 23 penalties more penalties and 211 yards more than our opponents. Now here's a big surprise, the Pats have been called for less than half the number of penalties as we have. They have 13 more calls against their opponents and 192 penalties against their opponents.

We get told we have to just over come that bullshit and only losers whine about the refs, **** that. These are the best athletes in the world, so it makes it pretty tough when you have the officials actively trying to make you fail. That RT for the Rams constantly went early to negate Ford's pass rush and even when he got beat he was allowed to wrap his arms around Ford's neck to keep him from getting to Goff, but Ford just needs to overcome that and play harder. Give me a ****ing break.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

/thread.

Frazod 11-20-2018 09:46 AM

It's going to take somebody on the inside blowing the whistle on this bullshit to ever put a dent in it. But I doubt if that will ever happen. Maybe we'll get a death bed confession from one of these soulless ****s one day.

I'd personally love to know how the ref$ get their marching orders. Probably in person so there's no call that could be recorded or server that could be hacked.

lcarus 11-20-2018 09:48 AM

No doubt in my mind. It's not just what they call but what they don't. That false start/holding no call on Goff's TD run made it TOO obvious.

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13906148)

I thoughts the refs were trying to protect the QB's?

Nzoner 11-20-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13906203)
/thread.

I do believe the scales are finally starting to tip.

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13906218)
No doubt in my mind. It's not just what they call but what they don't. That false start/holding no call on Goff's TD run made it TOO obvious.

That was so obvious.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 13906052)
If you don't want folks thinking that your officating crew is biased or the game if fixed then...

1) Don't switched up the crew at the last minute and tell everyone how this is an "All Star" ref crew

2) Don't have one of your "All Star" ref crew wink and Goff while talking with a clearly irate Andy Reid

3) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew miss a blatant false start on an LA TD

4) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew call a incomplete pass, broken up at the line, a fumble for a TD only to be overruled by a clear replay

Not going to get into the lack of holding calls on KC D linemen, that happens to everybody and it's never going to stop.

Do I think the game was fixed, not really. Do I think there was a narrative and story line that needed to be pushed? Yep, and the announce team and the "All Star" ref crew made sure that narrative and story line was pushed and came to fruition.

I watched the game, but not as intensely close as many of you, I'm sure. So, were there any calls that went in the favor of KC that should have either not been called or called differently?

I really just have a hard time believing that all the 'bad calls / non calls' were in LA's favor. Refs certainly have issues in every game, every week... but, if you just read the comments here on a weekly basis, there are 31 teams in the league that get favorable calls.

T-post Tom 11-20-2018 09:55 AM

Rams needed 2 bogus penalties to score on the first drive. Not saying the refs were necessarily out to get us, but 82 yards in the first quarter? I'll chalk that up to a SHITTY performance by the refs. Beyond shitty, really. Here ya go:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The &quot;All-Star&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> officiating crew called this unnecessary roughness... ��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KCvsLA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KCvsLA</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/JL0P1uQF1J">pic.twitter.com/JL0P1uQF1J</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports NFL (@YahooSportsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNFL/status/1064692538265677824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13906239)
Rams needed 2 bogus penalties to score on the first drive. Not saying the refs were necessarily out to get us, but 82 yards in the first quarter? I'll chalk that up to SHITTY performance by the refs. Beyond shitty, really. Here ya go:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The &quot;All-Star&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> officiating crew called this unnecessary roughness... 🤔<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KCvsLA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KCvsLA</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/JL0P1uQF1J">pic.twitter.com/JL0P1uQF1J</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports NFL (@YahooSportsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNFL/status/1064692538265677824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've seen lots of bad calls in several games like that one, it's not just a KC thing.

13and3 11-20-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

They are not out to get us, but rather promote the Rams. L.A. is a huge market they needed the rams to be successful, even at the expense of a marquee qb. Why else do we need special refs once the game is relocated from mexico to la?

Fish 11-20-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

So the refs were biased because they wanted to be nice to LA? You think they "Fixed" the game because LA needed sympathy?

That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've read in some time. Where do you nutters come up with this shit?

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = NFL mandates that the officials are "out to get us" and create a loss.

ROFL

No shit. They were out to create a win for LA.

Did you see the game?

T-post Tom 11-20-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906241)
I've seen lots of bad calls in several games like that one, it's not just a KC thing.

Maybe you should go back and watch the game again.

Nzoner 11-20-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13906214)
It's going to take somebody on the inside blowing the whistle on this bullshit to ever put a dent in it. But I doubt if that will ever happen. Maybe we'll get a death bed confession from one of these soulless ****s one day.

I'd personally love to know how the ref$ get their marching orders. Probably in person so there's no call that could be recorded or server that could be hacked.

If nothing else please watch the first minute of this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AXlg_E2WTL0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tk13 11-20-2018 10:00 AM

I actually think the refs just aren't very good sometimes. I think the good teams get the benefit of calls for sure at times.

The problem with this argument is we're no longer the Alex Smith Chiefs, we are one of those darling teams. Look at how much time every single pregame show talks about Mahomes. ESPN spent a ton of time talking about the Chiefs in the pregame and the Rams had the more dramatic story with the fires. Heck, when we lost to Tom Brady the first thing everyone asked him in the post game and in the press conference was how good is Patrick Mahomes. And he's the greatest QB of all time. You could tell he was annoyed by it.

The idea that we're the poor old Chiefs that no one cares about isn't based in reality at all. We're the team that's going to be getting calls. We just need a secondary that isn't completely overmatched defensively.

notorious 11-20-2018 10:02 AM

I’m done trying to explain this stuff.

I just hope that the Chiefs are on the side being nudged when the games really matter.