ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328152)

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 09:14 AM

Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes

This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.

rabblerouser 01-16-2020 09:17 AM

Hear, Here!

IN.

mdchiefsfan 01-16-2020 09:17 AM

Look no further than Mahomes vs Jackson to differentiate between a QB who can run vs a running QB.

mdchiefsfan 01-16-2020 09:19 AM

To add: I’d take Watson over Jackson as well.

Jackson’s composure while down was not encouraging whatsoever.

Eleazar 01-16-2020 09:22 AM

Jackson doesn't have the accuracy to be an elite QB in the league. That's pretty much a requirement and he doesn't have it.

RealSNR 01-16-2020 09:23 AM

The good news for the Ravens is it’s not like you have to invest THAT much more in getting him some offensive weapons. How do you improve on any of this? Maybe you find him a speed back for 3rd down, and even then, are you sure you’re not just better served having Lamar tote the rock himself?

The bad news is you now depend on Lamar being a better thrower such that he can run an offense with mix concepts... you know... a real NFL offense. I happen to believe his arm is good enough to accomplish that goal, but it’s going to be a problem getting him to add in things that aren’t in his comfort zone. After all, if you do one thing so damn well, why force the guy to sprinkle in more plays that require him to use his weaknesses?

Lamar puts in the work. Does he put in the right KIND of work? Is Roman adept enough at teaching Lamar how to work?

rabblerouser 01-16-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14727155)
The good news for the Ravens is it’s not like you have to invest THAT much more in getting him some offensive weapons. How do you improve on any of this? Maybe you find him a speed back for 3rd down, and even then, are you sure you’re not just better served having Lamar tote the rock himself?

The bad news is you now depend on Lamar being a better thrower such that he can run an offense with mix concepts... you know... a real NFL offense. I happen to believe his arm is good enough to accomplish that goal, but it’s going to be a problem getting him to add in things that aren’t in his comfort zone. After all, if you do one thing so damn well, why force the guy to sprinkle in more plays that require him to use his weaknesses?

Lamar puts in the work. Does he put in the right KIND of work? Is Roman adept enough at teaching Lamar how to work?

What if Lamar gets hurt?

Chiefs have proven they can beat playoff teams with Matt "Midnight Hour" Moore at QB.

Ravens still haven't won a playoff game WITH Jackson in two postseason appearances.

Kman34 01-16-2020 09:31 AM

The stoic sitting the bench thing got me too... it’s like he can’t be coached up because all he does is run and isn’t that great at reading coverages..

mdchiefsfan 01-16-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

I don’t see any addition to the team that would aide Lamar in digging out of a hole, which still leaves the necessity to take and hold the lead for the Ravens.

There is a reason that type of offense isn’t sustainable.

Also, I don’t know what kind of work can be put in to prevent your QB from turtling when things don’t work as planned. I knew the Ravens were going to lose the moment he started isolating himself and pouting on the sidelines.

jjchieffan 01-16-2020 09:35 AM

Where are the Lamar ballwashers that were bragging him up all year? I remember someone calling him Lamarvelous. Funny how those guys are quiet after seeing him dismal performance against the Titans. I said that they would be one and done in the playoffs. And I'm not the only one who thought that. Running backs behind center never have and never will be successful long term in the NFL.

FringeNC 01-16-2020 09:37 AM

Is there a GM in football who would take Jackson over Mahomes?

RunKC 01-16-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

He does have a speed back. Justice Hill runs a 4.4. He’s fast as shit.
And he has Boyle, Anderson and Hurst at TE. And he has Hollywood Brown. And he has Mark Ingram.
AND he has a good OL.

Lamar can’t pass the ball well. Yeah there were drops, but part of that was terrible accuracy on Lamar’s part. That’s the truth.

The Titans dared that ****er to pass and he was awful. He’s Alex Smith throwing the ball 20+ yards. He can’t get velocity on outside throws or deep ones.

It will never get better for Lamar than it is now. He just doesn’t have the skills or talent that Mahomes does.

-King- 01-16-2020 09:42 AM

No real football fan thinks he is.

Sassy Squatch 01-16-2020 09:47 AM

Neat.

smithandrew051 01-16-2020 09:47 AM

Lamar Jackson set the record for carries by a QB as a rookie. He then broke that record this year.

His success isn’t sustainable unless he dramatically changes his style of play. The first injury will happen. He’ll come back a step slower. He’ll still think he can make the plays he used to. He’ll take worse hits. He’ll get injured again and again.

It’s fun to watch in the short term, but it will not last. The League can protect you as a passer, but when you become a runner you’re fair game.

I’m skeptical that he can or will change his style of play. If it was easy (or even possible) to become a great pocket passer after getting to the NFL, you would see far fewer busts. He’s been playing this way his entire life. I doubt he can change his instincts, muscle memory, and fundamentals in an offseason.

This is similar to players going to the NBA who can’t shoot. You hear frequently that Player X “could be an All Star if he can develop a realizable outside shot.” Learning a skill like that takes a lot of time. It’s hard to develop that when you’re already in your 20’s.

Maybe he’ll settle in and become a great passer who makes all the throws. I’m just doubtful it will ever happen.

ModSocks 01-16-2020 09:58 AM

I didn't realize this even needed to be said, or that that's an actual conversation occurring. I've never heard it

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 10:01 AM

Mahomes is miles better than mahomes. But lamar is a pretty damn good short term solution for the right system that consistently executes the system. Thankfully the world saw what happens when that system falls apart so the hype can end.... He needs a great defense and great running game to make it work for him. But that doesn't mean he isn't a dynamic player who gives their team a really good shot at winning big games.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727208)
I didn't realize this even needed to be said, or that that's an actual conversation occurring. I've never heard it

This. OP just wasted paragraphs arguing against a boogeyman.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14727215)
Mahomes is miles better than mahomes. But lamar is a pretty damn good short term solution for the right system that consistently executes the system. Thankfully the world saw what happens when that system falls apart so the hype can end.... He needs a great defense and great running game to make it work for him. But that doesn't mean he isn't a dynamic player who gives their team a really good shot at winning big games.

Pretty sure Mahomes is just as good as Mahomes.

ThaVirus 01-16-2020 10:04 AM

Lamar needs to learn to pass effectively from the pocket. This entire offseason should be him forcing himself to remain in the pocket and throw accurate passes.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 10:05 AM

The Watson hype I don't get as much. Reminds me of McNabb. He's solid and better than what most have. But he's not an elite runner, not an elite passer. Frankly think he's propped up by elite receivers.

The other guy I think is overhyped, and I know this is controversial, is Russell Wilson. I'd love it if he was our qb. But there's something about putting a glorified game manager in an elite category.

sedated 01-16-2020 10:06 AM

What's with the insecurity over Lamar Jackson?

He had a great season and is fun to watch. People liking to watch him play isn't a dig on Mahomes (who gets plenty of love btw)

-King- 01-16-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14727224)
The Watson hype I don't get as much. Reminds me of McNabb. He's solid and better than what most have. But he's not an elite runner, not an elite passer. Frankly think he's propped up by elite receivers.

The other guy I think is overhyped, and I know this is controversial, is Russell Wilson. I'd love it if he was our qb. But there's something about putting a glorified game manager in an elite category.

Russell used to be a game manager but now he's a handcuffed QB. If Pete would just let him be elite from the beginning of the game, they'd have another title by now. But he insists on running the ball and being down at half time until they're forced to throw and Russell Wilson can save him in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Just look at the Seahawks/Packers game this weekend.

But yeah he used to be a big game manager in the years they went/won the Superbowl. It annoys me that he threw 4 picks in a playoff game and won. Alex smith would have won the Superbowl if he was with the Seahawks those years.

ModSocks 01-16-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727235)
Russell used to be a game manager but now he's a handcuffed QB. If Pete would just let him be elite from the beginning of the game, they'd have another title by now. But he insists on running the ball and being down at half time until they're forced to throw and Russell Wilson can save him in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Just look at the Seahawks/Packers game this weekend.

But yeah he used to be a big game manager in the years they went/won the Superbowl. It annoys me that he threw 4 picks in a playoff game and won. Alex smith would have won the Superbowl if he was with the Seahawks those years.

That's the thing, he "use to be" a game manager. I don't know how you could watch Wilson now and call him a game manager. He throws one of the best balls in the game and is the same type of Qb as Rodgers and Mahomes. He's been quite more than a game manager for awhile now.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727242)
That's the thing, he "use to be" a game manager. I don't know how you could watch Wilson now and call him a game manager. He throws one of the best balls in the game and is the same type of Qb as Rodgers and Mahomes. He's been quite more than a game manager for awhile now.

Yeah I can't imagine how good he'd truly be if he had a coach like Reid instead of Carroll.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727242)

He throws maybe the prettiest deep ball in the game. But in between those plays are a million checkdowns to his TE and RB, or plays where he holds on to the ball a million seconds because like Alex Smith hes very conservative. Unlike Alex Smith, he has the talent to explode when the team needs him. Hes one of the better game managers out there and that can win super bowls but in between the highlight reels he's a really conservative qb.

ThaVirus 01-16-2020 10:22 AM

People don't realize Wilson threw 26 TDs his rookie year, more than Andrew Luck. Russ was already peak-game manager and a better player than Alex Smith from the moment he came into the league.

He hasn't been a game manager for years now, either. That roster is lowkey trash and has been for quite a bit.

PutQuinnIn 01-16-2020 10:23 AM

Mark Castle threw a tighter spiral than Lamar...

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727208)

Welcome to near the end of the Nfl season. Good to see youve come out from under the rock youve been living under.

It may come as a shock to you, but ever since Lamar Jackson laid waste to the hapless Dolphins in week 1,there has been an ongoing conversation of whos better between the two quarterbacks.

LITERALLY ALL ****ING SEASON, THIS CONVERSATION HAS BEEN TAKING PLACE.

Who would you rather have the next 10 years.

Who is more electrifying.

Which guy do you want with the game on the line.

Numerous comparisons of the two qbs all season as if anyone without complete shit for brains woud choose Lamar over Mahomes.

Welcome to the topic. Not sure if youve just been hitting your pipe too hard all season, or if youre just being intentionally obtuse.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727275)
Welcome to near the end of the Nfl season. Good to see youve come out from under the rock youve been living under.

It may come as a shock to you, but ever since Lamar Jackson laid waste to the hapless Dolphins in week 1,there has been an ongoing conversation of whos better between the two quarterbacks.

Numerous comparisons of the two qbs all season as if anyone without complete shit for brains woud choose Lamar over Mahomes.

Welcome to the topic. Not sure if youve just been hitting your pipe too hard all season, or if youre just being intentionally obtuse.

Whoa...people talked about the MVP front runner and compared him to the previous years MVP? Inconceivable!

ThaVirus 01-16-2020 10:36 AM

Some of you guys don't realize you're just like those smarmy ****s in New England that we ****ing hate.

We've got the best QB in the league. Other QBs are going to be compared to him. The league is allowed to have great players not named Patrick Mahomes.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-16-2020 10:38 AM

Lamar Jackson is the king of fantasy football quarterbacks.

Patrick Mahomes is the king of reality football quarterbacks.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727294)
Whoa...people talked about the MVP front runner and compared him to the previous years MVP? Inconceivable!

Lol, you really are a stupid ****, and not just a troll arent you.

Thanks for confirming.

So a running back in the mix for MVP can be considered in the same league as Mahomes as a qb.

There aint one team, NOT EVEN HIS OWN that would take Lamar over Mahomes.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727330)
Lol, you really are a stupid ****, and not just a troll arent you.

Thanks for confirming.

So a running back in the mix for MVP can be considered in the same league as Mahomes as a qb.

There aint one team, NOT EVEN HIS OWN that would take Lamar over Mahomes.

Yeah everyone agrees that Mahomes is better and no one would take Lamar over him. So what's the point of the thread? You just confirmed the pointlessness of your own thread. Congrats.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727349)
Yeah everyone agrees that Mahomes is better and no one would take Lamar over him. So what's the point of the thread? You just confirmed the pointlessness of your own thread. Congrats.

Stupid AND illiterate. You really hit the jackpot in the dumb**** sweepstakes.

Have your handler read you the first sentence of the OP.

FringeNC 01-16-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14727308)
Some of you guys don't realize you're just like those smarmy ****s in New England that we ****ing hate.

We've got the best QB in the league. Other QBs are going to be compared to him. The league is allowed to have great players not named Patrick Mahomes.

I'm guessing we're not the only fan base who thinks Lamar Jackson doesn't represent the future of the NFL. If Rodgers had great numbers, and had won the MVP, I don't think there'd be the same type of reaction.

carcosa 01-16-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727135)
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.

YIP!!!!!!!

-King- 01-16-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727355)
Stupid AND illiterate. You really hit the jackpot in the dumb**** sweepstakes.

Have your handler read the first sentence of the OP.

Where have you seen that Lamar is in the same league as Mahomes as a QB? Link?

-King- 01-16-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14727356)
I'm guessing we're not the only fan base who thinks Lamar Jackson doesn't represent the future of the NFL. If Rodgers had great numbers, and had won the MVP, I don't think there'd be the same type of reaction.

Most people get that Lamars style isn't sustainable and isn't what you really look for in a QB but 43 touchdowns is 43 touchdowns. He deserves the award this year.

Mile High Mania 01-16-2020 10:54 AM

Jackson had a phenomenal season... yeah they lost that final game, shit happens. Interesting timing though with this post.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727363)

Wow.

Hammock Parties 01-16-2020 10:56 AM

now this is a thread we can bump for 15 years

or maybe 5

-King- 01-16-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727375)
Wow.

Yeah. Show me the people who think he's in the same league at QB as Mahomes.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727377)
Yeah. Show me the people who think he's in the same league at QB as Mahomes.

Generally, i dont feed the trolls, but you look hungry lil fella.

All those qb comparisons, and who would you rather have topics on those shows all season. Generally, just about every talking head has had this topic multiple times.

Obviously if you have to have this as a topic of debate, you must believe that hes in the same league as Mahomes.

Jesus. I gotta start carrying crayons around with me.

DRM08 01-16-2020 11:03 AM

Patrick is the only QB in the league where you could probably throw it on 100% of the snaps if you wanted. Heck, the Chiefs run game is pretty lousy and often just puts them in longer conversion scenarios.

Lamar is a hell of a player, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with him throwing it more than 25ish times in a game. He threw it almost 60 times the other day and they lost in convincing fashion.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14727395)
Patrick is the only QB in the league where you could probably throw it on 100% of the snaps if you wanted. Heck, the Chiefs run game is pretty lousy and often just puts them in longer conversion scenarios.

Lamar is a hell of a player, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with him throwing it more than 25ish times in a game. He threw it almost 60 times the other day and they lost in convincing fashion.

Exactly. Get up 2 scores on Lamar, its a wrap. All of their losses this year occurred when they had to abandon that rushing attack and rely on Lamars passing to try to come back.

Molitoth 01-16-2020 11:11 AM

The best ability is availability.

While Lamar is pretty good... his career is going to be very short due to the amount of risk he takes as a running back.

Hammock Parties 01-16-2020 11:11 AM

i ****ing love this thread

we dedicated 3 different threads and thousands of posts to shitting on our old QB

not we are going to do the same thing to someone else's QB because we have ours

YES CHIEFSPLANET

THIS IS THE WAY

Halfcan 01-16-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727363)

:doh!: Literally ever single Sunday on every NFL game day show. Every single day on every talk radio show. Every day on all the football podcast. The Lamar hype went way beyond anything for Mahomes.

Mahomes had a historic 50 TD and 5000-yard season and half the ****ing media wanted to give the MVP to Brees.

Lamar had his MVP wrapped up halfway through the season. They hyped him up as the greatest QB ever and so when the Ravens lost, the media could not except that he is just above average. Now they are building the Titans up to mythical status, mostly for beating the overhyped Lamar.

-King- 01-16-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727387)
Generally, i dont feed the trolls, but you look hungry lil fella.

All those qb comparisons, and who would you rather have topics on those shows all season. Generally, just about every talking head has had this topic multiple times.

Obviously if you have to have this as a topic of debate, you must believe that hes in the same league as Mahomes.

Jesus. I gotta start carrying crayons around with me.

So no link? Cool.

-King- 01-16-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727407)
:doh!: Literally ever single Sunday on every NFL game day show. Every single day on every talk radio show. Every day on all the football podcast. The Lamar hype went way beyond anything for Mahomes.

Mahomes had a historic 50 TD and 5000-yard season and half the ****ing media wanted to give the MVP to Brees.

Lamar had his MVP wrapped up halfway through the season. They hyped him up as the greatest QB ever and so when the Ravens lost, the media could not except that he is just above average. Now they are building the Titans up to mythical status, mostly for beating the overhyped Lamar.

I swear you guys just make narratives up and run with them...like Lamar does.

Red Dawg 01-16-2020 11:19 AM

Lamar is not a franchise QB. He doesn't have the throwing ability and won't win the game with his brain.

Red Dawg 01-16-2020 11:19 AM

Same with Watson.

SupDock 01-16-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727413)

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...trick-mahomes/

R Clark 01-16-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Turn on a tv or radio, dip shit

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B_2-CDj2OY

KC_Connection 01-16-2020 11:29 AM

I would say the primary difference between the two is that Baltimore's QB can't actually throw a football.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Really, I am making up a narrative that the NFL media has been hanging off Jackson's jock all year?

Have you been under a rock on game day? Did you not see all the hype after the Ravens steamrolled the Rams?

Credit to the Ravens to put a system around Lamar to bring out his strengths as a play-action runner- but he is not the Michael Jordan of the NFL or a pure QB by any stretch.

notorious 01-16-2020 11:33 AM

Why are you comparing a running back to a quarterback?

DRM08 01-16-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14727420)
Lamar is not a franchise QB. He doesn't have the throwing ability and won't win the game with his brain.

Also not sure about leadership qualities. Mahomes has proven in back to back playoff games that he can rally the troops and make a very strong charge with his back against the wall.

*31 effing points in the 2nd half on a Belichick defense that gave up only 3 points in 4 quarters to a Rams offense that scored 30 per game on everyone else.

*51-7 domination after being down 24-0 to a Texans team that features the supposedly super clutch Deshaun Watson.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14727446)
Also not sure about leadership qualities. Mahomes has proven in back to back playoff games that he can rally the troops and make a very strong charge with his back against the wall.

*31 effing points in the 2nd half on a Belichick defense that gave up only 3 points in 4 quarters to a Rams offense that scored 30 per game on everyone else.

*51-7 domination after being down 24-0 to a Texans team that features the supposedly super clutch Deshaun Watson.

A huge difference between them is, Mahomes looks at the Ipad checking on what he did wrong after a mistake, getting coaching, talking to Andy so he can file it in his computer how the defense beat him.

Lamar sat alone pouting. He went out and just did the same sandlot antics over and over. That is all he knows. Either he can't be coached up at this point or thinks he doesn't need it.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14727446)

Mahomes just has that swagger. The fact that hes done it repeatedly, and now most recently literally destroyed a 24 point deficit in 9 minutes of game time means that when this guy talks, the team listens, and responds.

When he scored the first TD, he went nuts like It was the score to take the lead. That fire is infectious. The Arrowhead crowd certainly responded.

He never lost his cool, never got pissed off, even when his teamates were BADLY letting him down.
Never pointed any fingers, just took on the challenge and he rallied the troops and blew the ****ing doors off the Texans with 41 unanswered points.

Lamar cant hold Mahomes' jock.

-King- 01-16-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727441)
LMAO

Really, I am making up a narrative that the NFL media has been hanging off Jackson's jock all year?

Have you been under a rock on game day? Did you not see all the hype after the Ravens steamrolled the Rams?

Credit to the Ravens to put a system around Lamar to bring out his strengths as a play-action runner- but he is not the Michael Jordan of the NFL or a pure QB by any stretch.

Of course the media was on his jock the whole year. He scored 43 ****ing touchdowns. The highest in the league. He was the biggest playmaker in the NFL this season. Why wouldn't they be on his jock?

Hammock Parties 01-16-2020 11:48 AM

The rest of the team elevates their play because of Mahomes.

It's the same effect Montana had on this team.

They know if they set him up with a fumble on one possession, he can go 90 on the next.

When you believe with your whole heart, mind, body and soul, you play harder and more focused. Period.

-King- 01-16-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14727424)

Well that's 1. And we can all agree he's an idiot right?

DRM08 01-16-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727470)
Mahomes just has that swagger. The fact that hes done it repeatedly, and now most recently literally destroyed a 24 point deficit in 9 minutes of game time means that when this guy talks, the team listens, and responds.

When he scored the first TD, he went nuts like It was the score to take the lead. That fire is infectious. The Arrowhead crowd certainly responded.

He never lost his cool, never got pissed off, even when his teamates were BADLY letting him down.
Never pointed any fingers, just took on the challenge and he rallied the troops and blew the ****ing doors off the Texans with 41 unanswered points.

Lamar cant hold Mahomes' jock.

Neither can Deshaun. I guarantee Mahomes would not allow his team to lose by 20 points after being up 24-0. He would fight like hell and at least make sure it’s a shootout in the 4th quarter.

Eleazar 01-16-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727462)
A huge difference between them is, Mahomes looks at the Ipad checking on what he did wrong after a mistake, getting coaching, talking to Andy so he can file it in his computer how the defense beat him.

Lamar sat alone pouting. He went out and just did the same sandlot antics over and over. That is all he knows. Either he can't be coached up at this point or thinks he doesn't need it.

I'm not sure why teams fall in love with these guys who have beaten people with athleticism all their lives and don't truly know how to play the QB position.

The 'sandlot antics' aren't going to work at the NFL level. Do you think you can teach a guy to play QB all of a sudden? No. When has that ever happened? Do guys like this ultimately fail in the NFL? Ask Kaepernick, RG3, Vick, etc. (And there are plenty of other guys who didn't even enjoy the modicum of success that those guys did.) Bottle them up, make them beat you with their arm. You'll be fine.

You need a real passer in the NFL, unless you are just interested in selling jerseys and beating the bottom half of the league.

FringeNC 01-16-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14727480)
The rest of the team elevates their play because of Mahomes.

It's the same effect Montana had on this team.

They know if they set him up with a fumble on one possession, he can go 90 on the next.

When you believe with your whole heart, mind, body and soul, you play harder and more focused. Period.

That's a solid point. The Patriots last year deserve all the credit in the world for dominating our offense in the first half last year. It's going to be so hard for the Titans to win without dominating our offensive line like the Pats did for a half.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727478)
Of course the media was on his jock the whole year. He scored 43 ****ing touchdowns. The highest in the league. He was the biggest playmaker in the NFL this season. Why wouldn't they be on his jock?

:hmmm: You just said I was making up a narrative about Lamar getting hyped up- now you are agreeing he was getting tons of attention?

43 TD's is still far less than Mahomes and we won't even talk about passing yards between the two.

O.city 01-16-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14727496)
I'm not sure why teams fall in love with these guys who have beaten people with athleticism all their lives and don't truly know how to play the QB position.

The 'sandlot antics' aren't going to work at the NFL level. Do you think you can teach a guy to play QB all of a sudden? No. When has that ever happened? Do guys like this ultimately fail in the NFL? Ask Kaepernick, RG3, Vick, etc. (And there are plenty of other guys who didn't even enjoy the modicum of success that those guys did.) Bottle them up, make them beat you with their arm. You'll be fine.

You need a real passer in the NFL, unless you are just interested in selling jerseys and beating the bottom half of the league.

Well, to be fair, Mahomes wasn't exactly a polished pocket passer coming into the league.

But I do agree with the overall tenor of the argument for the most part. You can win with those guys and win in the playoffs as we've seen. But it's tough, you need breaks and at some point, you've gotta win from the pocket.

O.city 01-16-2020 11:58 AM

Lamar isn't Mahomes, but that's ok. He's still a young exciting player. People kind of forget, he's only 23. He's got time to develop.

I don't think guys can develop accuracy, I think it's an either or, but we will see how it goes for him. He won't ever be Drew Brees, but if he can get it up a tick or so, he'll be fine.

It's ok that he's not Mahomes. He seems like a good kid and wants to improve.

Eleazar 01-16-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14727504)
Well, to be fair, Mahomes wasn't exactly a polished pocket passer coming into the league.

But I do agree with the overall tenor of the argument for the most part. You can win with those guys and win in the playoffs as we've seen. But it's tough, you need breaks and at some point, you've gotta win from the pocket.

Yeah, my overall point is - you don't win a super bowl with a guy like that. If you look down the list of Super Bowl winning QBs, they are almost all passers who don't need to run to be productive, or who use mobility to extend plays so they can throw.

DRM08 01-16-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14727496)

Funny enough, a lot of the supposed experts had the same opinion about Mahomes leading into the 2017 draft. Not surprising that 3 of the best QB coaches (Reid, Payton, Arians) all really wanted him despite the naysayers.

Eleazar 01-16-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14727517)
Funny enough, a lot of the supposed experts had the same opinion about Mahomes leading into the 2017 draft. Not surprising that 3 of the best QB coaches (Reid, Payton, Arians) all really wanted him despite the naysayers.

There's a huge difference between "a passer who needs to improve" and "an athlete playing QB"

Halfcan 01-16-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14727504)

Mahomes is a highly accurate, pure passer with a strong arm- who is elusive in the pocket and can beat you with his legs on occasion.

Lamar is greased lightning back there- he can beat you with a good pass a few times a game.

They are not even the same.

tyecopeland 01-16-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727503)
:hmmm: You just said I was making up a narrative about Lamar getting hyped up- now you are agreeing he was getting tons of attention?

43 TD's is still far less than Mahomes and we won't even talk about passing yards between the two.

No, he said you were making up a narrative about lamar getting put in the same league as mahomes. He agreed that they was a lot of hype/talk about jackson as he was the run away leader for MVP. Is everyone not supposed to talk about lamar just because hes not as good as mahomes.

And sure, there are enough bullshit shows (radio and tv) that need to fill hours that they argue stupid shit to get clicks and views, that I'm sure there was plenty of dumbassery that debated lamar vs mahomes. Since I avoid those shows like the plague, I cant speak on how often that topic was discussed or the type of dialogue on whether they were comparing qb attributes and determining that lamar was just as good.

But I do know that what I heard during games wasn't that lamar was the same as mahomes or that he was better than mahomes just that he was having a helluva season and deserved the mvp.

ModSocks 01-16-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727275)

oooh look at you releasing your inner ****.

No one takes those conversations seriously. No one. Not the talking heads on T.V, no one.

This may come as a shock to your apparently stupid ass, but there are 31 other teams in the league with fan bases who like to hear things other than Patrick Mahomes.

95% of the media is unison that Mahomes is not just the best in the league, but possibly the best EVER, and your whining ass managed to find a few conversations that DARED to compare MVP's.

Oh the horror. How dare a few people compare QB's.

You've invented your argument that no one has paid any attention to outside of Ravens fans and you're here to whine about it. JFC....

Where's your Mahomes vs Watson thread?

Your Mahomes vs Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield or any of these other mother****ers that people had the gall to compare to Mahomes.

Shut up you whiny bitch.

ModSocks 01-16-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

What a bunch of hyperbole.

ModSocks 01-16-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

The Lamar hype went way beyond anything for Mahomes.

You can't be serious with this shit.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14727516)
Yeah, my overall point is - you don't win a super bowl with a guy like that. If you look down the list of Super Bowl winning QBs, they are almost all passers who don't need to run to be productive, or who use mobility to extend plays so they can throw.

We live in a different era now. I would have said the same about garopolo and tannehill. Hell, even Rodgers hasn't really been Rodgers this year. Our guy gives us a really great chance to win. But a lamar IF the ravens run the ball well and play great defense still gives that team a decent shot. He is a system qb but he's a tough opponent when that system does its job exceptionally well.