ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV It's *****OFFICIAL: The Cast of the SW Sequel Trilogy Are Bailing Out***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327357)

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2019 09:37 PM

It's *****OFFICIAL: The Cast of the SW Sequel Trilogy Are Bailing Out*****

This whole thing has been a pitiful and pathetic ****ing venture from the start, and now the ReidSmith of ALL things SW is coming home to roost on it's hobbled, worthless legs.

Here's the latest breakdown:

Both Oscar Isaac and John Boyega have straight up told Disney "**** no" to reprising their roles for any future SW work or spin-offs. They know this trilogy is shit, and they're washing their hands of it.
Daisy Ridley's interviews have been flat and disinterested the closer we get to opening day.

These actors came into this with high hopes the same as the fans, and that STUPID bitch KK just completely ****ed everything and everyone. I truly hope she dies from a horrible and painful death; something that makes Ebola victims grateful for their own plight.
I've read and watched fan-fic that was put together better than these horse shit films. Seriously.

And finally, the last of the impartial SW YouTubers, the people who have constantly preached patience with this trilogy, Lucasfilm, Disney, and Jar Jar Abrams are letting fly with the release of dozens of leaks which confirm the shitty writing and story about to be unleashed on what remains of the fanbase.

Pants 12-14-2019 09:40 PM

Who the **** is KK?

How do you expect people to just know that?

Baby Lee 12-14-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 14655352)
Who the **** is KK?

How do you expect people to just know that?

Kathleen Kennedy. Looks up any contemporary criticism, or even discussion, of the current state of the franchise.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2019 11:26 PM

Disney's strategy going forward? I shit you not:

"We want to unburden ourselves from SW fans and make movies for a general audience"

- Bob Iger

I've said it before and I'll say it again; if the idea was to kill SW, Disney is succeeding on a grand scale.

Hammock Parties 12-15-2019 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14655437)
I've said it before and I'll say it again; if the idea was to kill SW, Disney is succeeding on a grand scale.

Not so - the Mandalorian is wildly popular.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-15-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14655505)
Not so - the Mandalorian is wildly popular.

The Mandalorian is the only item in Dave Filoni's stable at the moment.

Coincidence? No.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2019 12:36 PM

LMAO. ROFL

Youtubers? LMAO

ANY working actor TURNING DOWN Star Wars?

LMAO

Thanks for the laugh!

Mennonite 12-15-2019 12:38 PM

No matter how shitty the movies are SW fans will never stop forking over their money.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14656200)
No matter how shitty the movies are SW fans will never stop forking over their money.

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega have had ZERO success outside of Star Wars.

Oscar Isaac has had a tad bit of success but he’s a character actor and not even close to being a leading man.

When Taika Watiti, Deborah Chow, Jon Favreau and Ewan McGregor all are signed on, the idea that any A-Listers, let alone B-Listers, would turn down roles, especially prominent roles, is absolutely ludicrous and hilarious simultaneously.

Don’t believe a single word of this nonsense.

lawrenceRaider 12-15-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14656445)

Oscar Isaac has had a tad bit of success but he’s a character actor and not even close to being a leading man.

When Taika Watiti, Deborah Chow, Jon Favreau and Ewan McGregor all are signed on, the idea that any A-Listers, let alone B-Listers, would turn down roles, especially prominent roles, is absolutely ludicrous and hilarious simultaneously.

Meh, any further movies made by the group you listed wont have anything to do with this sad trilogy.

mnchiefsguy 12-15-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14656445)

Yeah, this whole thread seems a bit silly.

InChiefsHeaven 12-15-2019 03:09 PM

All I know is after this next one (I'm going next week) I'm done, and never going to another one. They are so disappointing. Especially the last one. This one...I'm going because I might as well see how this shit show ends. But I'm done with Star Wars. It's sad.

Buehler445 12-15-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14657439)
All I know is after this next one (I'm going next week) I'm done, and never going to another one. They are so disappointing. Especially the last one. This one...I'm going because I might as well see how this shit show ends. But I'm done with Star Wars. It's sad.

Watch the Mandalorian. It's worth your time.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14657186)
Meh, any further movies made by the group you listed wont have anything to do with this sad trilogy.

Kathleen Kennedy is the President of Lucasfilm and therefore, Greenlights and hires everyone involved in Lucasfilm productions.

She has had ZERO issues hiring A List Talent.

Tony Gilroy was hired to write and direct the Rogue One prequel series, who is most definitely an A-lister, with Oscar nominations for writing and directing, which is further proof that the thread starter is completely wrong.

Bob Iger has already publicly stated that all future Star Wars films have been put on indefinite hold, with no film plans beyond Episode IX, so any discussion of X-XII is moot.

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were nobodies before The Force Awakens and Oscar Isaac wasn't a household name, let alone, a "Movie Star". NONE would refuse to participate if asked in future Star Wars films and if they did, their agent would likely cut them loose.

This thread is just more of the "Star Wars killed my childhood" nonsense.

keg in kc 12-15-2019 04:04 PM

The only mistake was giving the trilogy to JJ Abrams. He does good work, but he's never really nailed anything outside of, arguably, Mission Impossible. His Star Treks are a bit off and these Star Wars are a bit off. Even with something like Super 8, nothing he does is ever bad, never a disaster, his movies are just always a little short of what they could be. And that's how I look at The Force Awakens, and expect to see with Rise of Skywalker

If there's any truth to the rumor of Favreau getting the next trilogy, I don't think that'll be a problem again. The next thing would be to build them around a stronger character than Rey and a stronger actor than Daisy Ridley. Because for me she's actually been the worst aspect. One note character, wooden delivery.

Anyway, this thread was pretty unnecessary. We all get how you feel about this trilogy and Kennedy. You've been whining about it non-stop for years.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14657731)
The only mistake was giving the trilogy to JJ Abrams.

Everyone in town declined to work on Star Wars because of the legacy. Abrams was like their 8th choice.

George had the same issue with the prequels. Zemeckis, Howard, Spielberg and others all turned him down.

Everyone I've spoken with about the next iteration of Star Wars has told me that the idea of Favreau writing a trilogy is false.

But as I've stated earlier on the topic of Star Wars, I cannot guarantee that my info is absolutely 100% correct because disinformation is the word of the day.

lawrenceRaider 12-15-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14657682)
Kathleen Kennedy is the President of Lucasfilm and therefore, Greenlights and hires everyone involved in Lucasfilm productions.

She has had ZERO issues hiring A List Talent.

Tony Gilroy was hired to write and direct the Rogue One prequel series, who is most definitely an A-lister, with Oscar nominations for writing and directing, which is further proof that the thread starter is completely wrong.

Bob Iger has already publicly stated that all future Star Wars films have been put on indefinite hold, with no film plans beyond Episode IX, so any discussion of X-XII is moot.

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were nobodies before The Force Awakens and Oscar Isaac wasn't a household name, let alone, a "Movie Star". NONE would refuse to participate if asked in future Star Wars films and if they did, their agent would likely cut them loose.

This thread is just more of the "Star Wars killed my childhood" nonsense.

Nah, the first two are just terrible movies.

I'm saying the cast wont be asked back by good directors.

keg in kc 12-15-2019 04:20 PM

I really think the Favreau story was just a reaction to The Mandalorian's success. I don't believe there's anything there, either.

I'm still trying to figure out how they do a trilogy that doesn't involve characters from the original saga.

I think the only thing we know for sure is that Feige is doing some Star Wars movie about something at some time in the future, but it's not the undisclosed Star Wars movie scheduled for 2022 release, that's getting officially accounced after the new year.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14657782)
Nah, the first two are just terrible movies.

That's an opinion but the box office, Blu Ray and DVD sales, along with Disney Plus subscriptions, differ.

Also, keep in mind that RoS pre-sales have been higher than Avengers: Endgame, which means that there is a huge audience for Episode IX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14657782)
I'm saying the cast wont be asked back by good directors.

If the story requires those characters to return, they'll return. That's not up to the Director and there's zero chance that they'd re-cast those characters.

Josh Trank, Colin Trevorrow, Phil Lord and Chris Miller have all been fired because their direction and/or stories didn't fall inline with the wishes of Lucasfilm. Gareth Edwards, who is credited as Director of Rogue One, isn't returning to the Rogue One Prequel in favor of Tony Gilroy, who wrote and directed approximately 40% of Rogue One instead.

The bottom line is that Lucasfilm will not bow to the wishes of a Director if they're outside the lines drawn by their President and story group.

lawrenceRaider 12-15-2019 07:55 PM

A lot of shitty music sells a ton as well. Box office doesn't mean shit.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14658377)
A lot of shitty music sells a ton as well. Box office doesn't mean shit.

Again, that’s an opinion whereas I’m talking facts.

Also, and no offense to you personally, but I am no longer interested in “tit for tat” conversations on Chiefsplanet.

Good day.

Deberg_1990 12-15-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14657742)
Everyone in town declined to work on Star Wars because of the legacy. Abrams was like their 8th choice.

George had the same issue with the prequels. Zemeckis, Howard, Spielberg and others all turned him down.

Everyone I've spoken with about the next iteration of Star Wars has told me that the idea of Favreau writing a trilogy is false.

But as I've stated earlier on the topic of Star Wars, I cannot guarantee that my info is absolutely 100% correct because disinformation is the word of the day.

What’s Kevin Feiges involvement in these now? I heard he’s working on something with Star Wars? Is that right?

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-15-2019 09:42 PM

No one gives a ****, no one buys the merch, and unless Disney decides to make Filoni GOD MODE of all things SW, this shit is WAY the **** over in the blockbuster realm. And which loudmouthed ****stick would like to step the **** up and wager on this?

I got all.

****ing.

Century.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14658620)
No one gives a ****, no one buys the merch, and unless Disney decides to make Filoni GOD MODE of all things SW, this shit is WAY the **** over in the blockbuster realm. And which loudmouthed ****stick would like to step the **** up and wager on this?

I got all.

****ing.

Century.

Good grief, Dude.

As I've explained in a related thread, there are no plans for further movies and the slate has been wiped clean. Iger asked Feige if he wanted to do a Star Wars film and while he agreed to do it as some point in time, there's no timetable and no story. Plus, Feige just took over Marvel TV so he's got his hands full.

Filoni will never run Lucasfilm because he's a Creative. He's directed two episodes of The Mandalorian, is the Co-Executive Producer and Co-Showrunner and from my understanding, has taken on an even bigger role in Season Two.

With the Rogue One series set to begin filming next summer, along with the Obi Wan series and at least one more in the planning stages, Star Wars will focus on Disney Plus in the near term, not feature films.

I'm not sure if it was made public but when KK first approached Benioff & Weiss, it was about a TV series, not a film trilogy. And after the widely panned final season of GoT, they were cut loose from any further Lucasfilm obligations.

The near term future of Star Wars is Disney Plus and I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon, even if RoS is a gigantic blockbuster of epic proportions.

Gravedigger 12-16-2019 06:30 AM

The Last Jedi and The Force Awakens are #13 and #4 in all time highest grossing movies with $3.4 billion made thus far. Considering they bought the rights from Lucas for $4 billion, they’ve almost returned on their investment after 7 years and those two films alone. Someone still cares about Star Wars, even if it’s not you.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-16-2019 09:18 AM

Jesuz dude, do I really have to spell it out? Of course those movies made bank, as will this one though my money is on less of a turnout than the other two. This one is based in morbid curiosity among the fans, and will be viewed no more than once by most.
TFA banked because it was first.
TLJ hit because it was the sequel, and then it PROMPTLY died because KK and Johnson are idiots who don't know how to write and execute a SW movie.
"Solo" tells you everything you need to know about the fans and TLJ/Disney.

And of course their pitiful excuse was "we released too much content to quickly".

ROFL LMAO ROFL

Yeah okay, Delbert. No, what you did was release SHIT written by an identity politics-loving hack, and signed off on by the dumbest **** to ever walk a SW set.
THAT'S what you did, Bob-O.

And now ****-o says "no more trilogies because format is constraining" -boo hoo hoo bitch-bitch.

Translation: "we really ****ing suck at this, so we'll stick to simple things for simple morons and hope that life ( and money ) goes on".

DaneMcCloud 12-16-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14659131)
Jesuz dude, do I really have to spell it out?

Again, good grief.

Marvel tried for more than a decade to deliver a decent film and failed. It wasn't until 2008 that the collaboration between Jon Favreau, Robert Downey, Jr. and Kevin Feige that they finally struck gold.

I get it: A large portion of the fan base is unhappy with the decisions made with Episode VII and VIII. Episode IX tries to rectify as many of those issues as possible but there's no doubt that a portion of the fan base, maybe even a majority, will be unhappy with the results.

There is no road map for these movies. There is no time honored tradition of making a sequel trilogy 40 years after a film has been initially released. From what I've heard and read, the George Lucas take on VII-IX was similar in many ways to what we've seen onscreen for these movies but some aspects are WAY worse. Micro-level Midichlorians that communicate with the Whills? What kind of nonsense is that?

This is a "Learn as they go" proposition. It's not as if they haven't listened to fans or ignored their pleas. Rian Johnson was fired from Episode IX, Colin Trevorrow was fired after his ideas didn't gel with where they wanted to go and as I mentioned earlier, they've fired plenty of talented filmmakers in order to get this "right".

Most likely, Episode IX won't please everyone. The prequels didn't please everyone. Hell, even Return of the Jedi didn't please everyone. So spend your $7 dollars or whatever on the film and if you love it, great! and if you hate it, that's fine, too. But either way, there's nothing you can do to change the outcome.

And yes, Iger is correct in that a new "Trilogy" of movies is most definitely NOT the way to move forward. Create a great story, put it on film and if the audience reacts and the story requires it, make a sequel. If not, don't.

It's pretty simple.

ToxSocks 12-16-2019 05:41 PM

Watching all the nerd fan-bois freak out about this has actually increased my interest in the franchise. LMAO wtf is wrong with me.

ToxSocks 12-16-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14657439)
All I know is after this next one (I'm going next week) I'm done, and never going to another one. They are so disappointing.

I guess this is just a thing i'll never get. But i think they're ALL disappointing and way over hyped.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoy them. I think they're fun. But all of them are campy, kinda cheesy and the writing is fairly cliche. And that's ok! So are the Transformers movies or the Pacific Rim franchise. They're still entertaining and fun, but c'mon we're not talking storytelling master pieces here.

So to see those words come up as criticisms is weird to me.

ToxSocks 12-16-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14658620)
No one gives a ****, no one buys the merch...

Whaaaa? Did you just say no one buys Star Wars merchandise?

InChiefsHeaven 12-16-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14660698)
I guess this is just a thing i'll never get. But i think they're ALL disappointing and way over hyped.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoy them. I think they're fun. But all of them are campy, kinda cheesy and the writing is fairly cliche. And that's ok! So are the Transformers movies or the Pacific Rim franchise. They're still entertaining and fun, but c'mon we're not talking storytelling master pieces here.

So to see those words come up as criticisms is weird to me.

Oh, I could list it all, starting with the fact that they didn't use any imagination with TFA, it was just a reboot. Forgivable, but TLJ needed to be the movie that moves the story. It moved it...off a cliff.

Meh. Whatever. I'm 49 years old and I grew up on the originals. There was a magic that could never be recaptured, but they tried I guess. It's just that they pushed this thing, it was not organic. They wanted to make a Star Wars Universe ala Marvel, and it just doesn't work with Star Wars. So we wind up with a mess full of characters that we don't care about re-hashing virtually the same story. It. Sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-17-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14660710)
Whaaaa? Did you just say no one buys Star Wars merchandise?

Uh yeah, that's exactly what I said. It's Christmas. Take a stroll through Walmart or Kmart toys and report back to us.

Hint: It ain't 1978 out there. ****, it's not even 1998.
If it weren't for baby Yoda( don't even ****ing ask ), Disney would probably record another record setting holiday season of shitty merch sales.

More cool news!

Igor and the ****ress "neglected" to invite George Lucas to the premier. LMAO

I sincerely hope those two don't travel much outside of their sphere of influence because they're both courting and are wholly due the most embarrassing public ass whipping two clowns ever earned. I'm talking full on cosplay midgets in Yoda costumes just beating the SHIT out of that queer and his talentless hack **** on-a leash( who everyone knows is toast when that contract expires ), and not giving a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh about consequences.

And how the **** are you going catch and arrest them anyway?
"What did the assailants look like Mr. Igor" ?

" Um, well"....

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2019 01:19 AM

George Lucas didn’t attend the premiere because he’s pissed that Abrams changed Anakin’s story arc.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14663212)
George Lucas didn’t attend the premiere because he’s pissed that Abrams changed Anakin’s story arc.

don't you think this is kinda weird considering there were multiple comic books with the emperor returning?

maybe george didn't care about that shit though

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-20-2019 09:25 AM

Ha ha.

Hah ha ha...

Hah ha ha ha HAH!

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAH!

We are going to KILL this bitch.

Frazod 12-20-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14663212)

Well, he does have a billion Disney dollars to drown his sorrows in.

Sorry 12-20-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14667108)
Well, he does have a billion Disney dollars to drown his sorrows in.

Yeah, but there will always be a part of him that this was his baby