ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Potential 1st round Targets (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352308)

staylor26 02-13-2024 03:29 PM

Potential 1st round Targets

WR:

Troy Franklin, Oregon
Adonai Mitchell, Texas
Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?

O.city 02-13-2024 03:32 PM

I'd say Worthy would be one of the WR's.

I am kinda sneaky thinking CB might be a spot they'd look at.

wachashi 02-13-2024 03:37 PM

Jer'Zhan Newton

And you must mean Byron Murphy II as your DT.

staylor26 02-13-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 17400272)
Jer'Zhan Newton

And you must mean Byron Murphy II as your DT.

Yes, got him mixed up with an old DT prospect lol.

And I'm not putting Newton in there, because I ultimately see no chance that he makes it to our range.

wachashi 02-13-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17400283)
Yes, got him mixed up with an old DT prospect lol.

And I'm not putting Newton in there, because I ultimately see no chance that he makes it to our range.

If you have Murphy in there, I think you have to have Newton.

It's obviously very early, but Murphy seems to be nearly a consensus top 15-ish pick.

staylor26 02-13-2024 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 17400305)
If you have Murphy in there, I think you have to have Newton.

It's obviously very early, but Murphy seems to be nearly a consensus top 15-ish pick.

You're probably right, but I've also seen a lot of people with Murphy in our range, so for now I'll keep him on the list. Very likely he's not on it a month from now though, I agree.

O.city 02-13-2024 03:57 PM

Tyler Guyton makes alot of sense. I'm not a huge fan, but I see the appeal.

kccrow 02-13-2024 04:06 PM

If there is any shred of truth to us wanting Mazi Smith last year, then I'd have T'Vondre Sweat on this list.

Personally, I'd have Xavier Worthy on the list too. I know he's not on everyone's 1st round list but he is going top 45 IMO.

Couch-Potato 02-13-2024 06:02 PM

I second T'Vondre Sweat and Xavier Worthy, and I'd add Xavier Legette to the bottom of the WR list if we're also including Sanders. I think both have an early 2nd round grade. I'm personally not an A. Mitchell fan, his play speed looks too slow to me, someone talk me into him!?

The Franchise 02-13-2024 06:49 PM

If Jones is back, then I'm leaning OT in the 1st and grabbing a WR in the 2nd again.

bigjosh 02-13-2024 07:16 PM

I think Legette is going to ****ing dominate. By the time the combine is over he is going to be a mid first rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dante84 02-13-2024 10:06 PM

Any chance Brock drops to the mid-late teens due to size concerns?

In58men 02-13-2024 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 17400842)
Any chance Brock drops to the mid-late teens due to size concerns?

Hard to tell at this point, players do fluctuate a little depending on combine performance. With his recent injury, I’m thinking pick 9-12. I also haven’t looked at 1 mock either.

Couch-Potato 02-13-2024 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17400626)
If Jones is back, then I'm leaning OT in the 1st and grabbing a WR in the 2nd again.

I think this might be the smart choice and the direction we end up going, ultimately. We won this year with Rice at WR alone. Protecting Mahomes is more important than providing him weapons. He IS the weapon.

Dante84 02-14-2024 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17400626)

Yep, especially if we can also bring in a FA WR in addition. That would be a dream scenario IMO.

staylor26 02-14-2024 12:21 AM

Ok, added Worthy and Sweat.

Took Murphy off.

If Legette absolutely explodes at the combine, he'll probably be added as well.

JPH83 02-14-2024 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17400920)
I think this might be the smart choice and the direction we end up going, ultimately. We won this year with Rice at WR alone. Protecting Mahomes is more important than providing him weapons. He IS the weapon.

I just don't like the likely options at OT. It's a lot of guys who will need a good year to get up to speed imo and that's a position it's hard to take that risk on. Quite a few look like they're technically more advanced than Morris, but not necessarily better athletes.

I know people hate it but I'm still interested in Tyron Smith at LT in FA. If he holds up that is an elite LT. A big IF.

duncan_idaho 02-14-2024 05:22 AM

I’d remove Morgan after he measured in with 33” arms. Cant see Reid/Heck breaking their pattern there.

Couch-Potato 02-14-2024 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17401000)
I just don't like the likely options at OT. It's a lot of guys who will need a good year to get up to speed imo and that's a position it's hard to take that risk on. Quite a few look like they're technically more advanced than Morris, but not necessarily better athletes.

I know people hate it but I'm still interested in Tyron Smith at LT in FA. If he holds up that is an elite LT. A big IF.

Interesting name, he's solid and affordable, just a bit old. Maybe on a 2-yr stop gap contact similar to Smith and Taylor, and let a young OT develop behind him.

O.city 02-14-2024 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17401000)

If a LT is available at 32....that's just what youre gonna get.

CupidStunt 02-15-2024 06:53 AM

I think it's gonna be one of those years where every single mock has us taking one position (WR) and it doesn't fall that way. No way Veach is reaching.

Is there a dynamic TE or DT likely to be on the board at 32?

staylor26 02-15-2024 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17401021)
I’d remove Morgan after he measured in with 33” arms. Cant see Reid/Heck breaking their pattern there.

Missed that. Good call.

Removed Morgan and added Legette.

staylor26 02-15-2024 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 17403855)
I think it's gonna be one of those years where every single mock has us taking one position (WR) and it doesn't fall that way. No way Veach is reaching.

Is there a dynamic TE or DT likely to be on the board at 32?

DT is unlikely with Newton and Murphy likely gone. Sweat is a good prospect, but I don't know that I'd call him dynamic.

As for TE, Ja'Tavion Sanders from Texas fits the bill. He'll definitely be on my short list.

O.city 02-15-2024 10:16 AM

Sanders has really caught my eye.

I don't know that I'd put Legette up there that high. I'm just not sure he's a first round WR.

The Franchise 02-15-2024 10:18 AM

I think our best bet right now, barring anyone falling, is an OT at 32.

kozzman555 02-15-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17404168)
Sanders has really caught my eye.

I don't know that I'd put Legette up there that high. I'm just not sure he's a first round WR.

We know he has the physical tools for sure. I thought I remember seeing he played QB in HS, so he is still learning the intricacies of the position, had like 3 or 4 different OC's in college, but still got his BS in 3 years and is working on his Masters, so the dude is smart. And we know Andy and Veach value intelligent players. I think he also has been working with Deebo in the off-season. If they decided to take him in the 1st, I would not be mad. I think he's still raw, route running-wise, but I think he can be coached.

O.city 02-15-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzman555 (Post 17404178)
We know he has the physical tools for sure. I thought I remember seeing he played QB in HS, so he is still learning the intricacies of the position, had like 3 or 4 different OC's in college, but still got his BS in 3 years and is working on his Masters, so the dude is smart. And we know Andy and Veach value intelligent players. I think he also has been working with Deebo in the off-season. If they decided to take him in the 1st, I would not be mad. I think he's still raw, route running-wise, but I think he can be coached.

I don't really think WR is the route to go at 32, with the fact that the guy you're taking isn't really going to differentiate himself from some you might get at the end of the 2nd.

But that TE....yeah, he might.

DJ's left nut 02-15-2024 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17404169)
I think our best bet right now, barring anyone falling, is an OT at 32.

Yeah, this is where I keep ending up as well.

Guyton and Amegadjie, along with possibly 'Tez Walker. Those are the 3 guys I keep circling around. I occasionally see Mims slide to us and I'd sprint to the podium to grab him, but I see that as a major long-shot.

staylor26 02-15-2024 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzman555 (Post 17404178)

Are you talking about Legette or Sanders?

O.city 02-15-2024 10:50 AM

Mims would be the one I'd really target, but I seem to be one of the only ones that really like Guyton

But if you go T, isn't that essentially closing the door on Wanya already?

DJ's left nut 02-15-2024 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17404246)
Mims would be the one I'd really target, but I seem to be one of the only ones that really like Guyton

Maybe. But you don't build a draft strategy around a 4th round OT who was so bad in a game that he single-handedly imploded your entire gameplan.

O.city 02-15-2024 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17404254)
Maybe. But you don't build a draft strategy around a 4th round OT who was so bad in a game that he single-handedly imploded your entire gameplan.

3rd rounder, but yes.

DJ's left nut 02-15-2024 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17404261)
3rd rounder, but yes.

But it was pick 92, that's basically a 4th rounder...

(Am I doing that right?)

Mecca 02-15-2024 11:05 AM

Some of it will depend what FA looks like but apparently Koolaid McKinstry is listed right around our area, that could happen.

O.city 02-15-2024 11:05 AM

Yes, I believe so.

O.city 02-15-2024 11:06 AM

If they keep Sneed, I'd imagine Cb is eliminated off the first round board.

I kinda wonder....is there a S that would be a good fit in that spot?

DJ's left nut 02-15-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17404288)
If they keep Sneed, I'd imagine Cb is eliminated off the first round board.

I kinda wonder....is there a S that would be a good fit in that spot?

No.

Mecca 02-15-2024 11:26 AM

Safety would be overkill.

I think your most likely spots are WR, OT, DT or DE depending on who's there.

O.city 02-15-2024 11:28 AM

DE is intriguing to me, but 3 straight years?

Mecca 02-15-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17404342)
DE is intriguing to me, but 3 straight years?

You're losing Danna and Omenihu is probably not fully ready until November so DL depth is gonna matter. Unless you know they think Truman Jones who they carried on the PS all year can do something.

The Franchise 02-15-2024 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17404350)
You're losing Danna and Omenihu is probably not fully ready until November so DL depth is gonna matter. Unless you know they think Truman Jones who they carried on the PS all year can do something.

Herring will be coming back on an ERFA tender.

Toad 02-15-2024 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17404246)

Sell me on Mims…
Yes, he is a physical beast and has a ton of potential, but only 7 starts at RT?

O.city 02-15-2024 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17404350)

Ok, but another first rounder?

Mecca 02-15-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17404386)
Ok, but another first rounder?

It's way more likely it's a DT but if someone they view high fell I think they'd do something..there is still depth at DE but DT is really barren unless someone is gonna start trying to sell us on Matt Dickerson, Isiah Buggs and Neil Farrell.

kozzman555 02-15-2024 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17404245)
Are you talking about Legette or Sanders?

Legette

staylor26 02-15-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzman555 (Post 17404443)
Legette

Ahh should've known with the Deebo/SC connection. Didn't think about that.

staylor26 02-15-2024 12:22 PM

Just looking at this list, and trying to make one, it's hard not to come away thinking that there will 100% be more late 1st to earl 2nd WRs available than OT and DT.

If Guyton, Murphy, and Newton are gone, I think it's WR or Sanders at 32.

O.city 02-15-2024 12:56 PM

It's possible. Alot of this will be sorted in FA.

DJ's left nut 02-15-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17404461)
Just looking at this list, and trying to make one, it's hard not to come away thinking that there will 100% be more late 1st to earl 2nd WRs available than OT and DT.

As I'm becoming more intrigued by some of the OT options at the back of the 1st, Sanders becomes more and more of a non-starter.

I like the guy. I just can't talk myself into a 1st round TE this year. The immediate returns won't be there and I'm living in the now for at least the next season and very possibly the next 2.

Mecca 02-15-2024 03:00 PM

We are literally here at LT..

Bring back Don Smith
Start Wanya Morris
or 1st round OT

That's it.

JPH83 02-15-2024 04:08 PM

Quote:

This is exactly what I've been saying and I'm only more convinced of it now. The depth is at WR, we need a WR. That seems the most plausible pick to me and it's not really close, imo

duncan_idaho 02-15-2024 04:19 PM

Quote:

Kingsley Suamaitaia really floats my boat at the end of the 1st. Huge, long arms, great athlete, nasty, NFL bloodline.

staylor26 02-15-2024 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17405054)
Kingsley Suamaitaia really floats my boat at the end of the 1st. Huge, long arms, great athlete, nasty, NFL bloodline.

He's the one guy that I could see keeping us from taking a WR if those other guys I mentioned are off the board.

DJ's left nut 02-15-2024 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17405036)
This is exactly what I've been saying and I'm only more convinced of it now. The depth is at WR, we need a WR. That seems the most plausible pick to me and it's not really close, imo

But it's extremely unlikely, IMO, that there's going to be a line of demarcation near where we pick at WR.

Yes, there's depth at the WR position. But I think there's a solid chance that the person we're looking at at 32 is maybe 5% better than a guy we could get at 64.

Walker vs. McMillan is the sort of example I'd use here.

That's just not going to be the case at OT.

I think there's a really good chance there are D1 contributors in the 2nd or even 3rd round at WR and on the DL. I'm not seeing that at Offensive Tackle.

kccrow 02-15-2024 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17405140)
But it's extremely unlikely, IMO, that there's going to be a line of demarcation near where we pick at WR.

Yes, there's depth at the WR position. But I think there's a solid chance that the person we're looking at at 32 is maybe 5% better than a guy we could get at 64.

Walker vs. McMillan is the sort of example I'd use here.

That's just not going to be the case at OT.

I think there's a really good chance there are D1 contributors in the 2nd or even 3rd round at WR and on the DL. I'm not seeing that at Offensive Tackle.

To be fair, the likelihood of there being a quality OT at 32 is also extremely low. If you want an OT, you're going to have to likely move up for one.

So, pick your poison, I suppose.

JPH83 02-16-2024 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17405385)
To be fair, the likelihood of there being a quality OT at 32 is also extremely low. If you want an OT, you're going to have to likely move up for one.

Yep. There may be Day 1 starters at WR later on, I don't see I'm risking that for an OT that really isn't that in R1, which is what I see. There's a few decent looking athletes with fairly large technical deficiencies and frankly they seem a much bigger risk than punting on a WR that might bust.

farmerchief 02-16-2024 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17405140)

I agree with your assessment, plenty of depth. As you mentioned, all the mock drafts Ive been playing around with, theres always something you like about certain players, but they all have something you wish was better. So determing which is the best fit for this offense, is the key when the Chiefs draft. Im sure I wont be too critical of their selection when they draft a WR, and will find something that I like about their selection.

MahomesMagic 02-16-2024 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17405385)

Guys that can plug and play at left tackle almost never drop past 15.

kccrow 02-16-2024 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17406106)
Guys that can plug and play at left tackle almost never drop past 15.

Yeah. I did a study on it last year, its floating around her somewhere. Pretty much 23 is your "normal" cutoff point for starting LTs. After that, it's a pure craps shoot with mid-round picks.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17406173)
Yeah. I did a study on it last year, its floating around her somewhere. Pretty much 23 is your "normal" cutoff point for starting LTs. After that, it's a pure craps shoot with mid-round picks.

Yeah - ultimately my hope is that a little extra depth at the 'top end' of the OT class along with maybe a little more depth at the top end of QB and WR pushes that dividing line down a little more than usual.

If there are 10 blue chippers when there are ordinarily only 5 and there's a lot of depth at other key positions of need, that line could get pushed so that someone like Harrison (who actually sucked last season) goes at 32 instead of 28.

And you hope you hit rather than have him struggle all season like Anton did.

I do think that Guyton has a better tool set than Harrison did, FYI. And he's similarly 'ranked' within this OT class. So I don't think it's beyond consideration that he may slide just a little further than Harrison despite being a little better prospect.

staylor26 02-16-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17406247)
Yeah - ultimately my hope is that a little extra depth at the 'top end' of the OT class along with maybe a little more depth at the top end of QB and WR pushes that dividing line down a little more than usual.

If there are 10 blue chippers when there are ordinarily only 5 and there's a lot of depth at other key positions of need, that line could get pushed so that someone like Harrison (who actually sucked last season) goes at 32 instead of 28.

And you hope you hit rather than have him struggle all season like Anton did.

I do think that Guyton has a better tool set than Harrison did, FYI. And he's similarly 'ranked' within this OT class. So I don't think it's beyond consideration that he may slide just a little further than Harrison despite being a little better prospect.

I think Guyton gets to trade up range, but he won't fall to 32.

If we're counting on a LT falling into our lap, it's Kingsley.

Even he might require a small trade up in front of the 49ers (which would be hilarious).

Couch-Potato 02-16-2024 12:54 PM

Here's the thing though, the Chiefs are a pretty good team for developing linemen. Look at Trey Smith as an example. We're also positioned well to let an OT develop for a year, similar to FAU, although fans wouldn't be happy. Taylor, Morris, Niang, and probably a returning Smith give us that luxury. Nothing more important than protecting Pat.

Oxford 02-16-2024 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17406311)
Here's the thing though, the Chiefs are a pretty good team for developing linemen. Look at Trey Smith as an example. We're also positioned well to let an OT develop for a year, similar to FAU, although fans wouldn't be happy. Taylor, Morris, Niang, and probably a returning Smith give us that luxury. Nothing more important than protecting Pat.

Man, OT's are so hard to come by that most clubs don't let them go unless they are used up or just bad. Gotta think BV is trolling for them as we speak. I would bet that a vet looking for a ring would be a possibility but more likely its someone from off the radar that they can put on the PS. Maybe an college TE that can't catch passes but has movement skills and blocking that can position switch?

bsp4444 02-16-2024 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17404884)
We are literally here at LT..

Bring back Don Smith
Start Wanya Morris
or 1st round OT

That's it.

Or move Taylor back to LT and find a RT (either already on the team or in the draft)

O.city 02-16-2024 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17406290)
I think Guyton gets to trade up range, but he won't fall to 32.

If we're counting on a LT falling into our lap, it's Kingsley.

Even he might require a small trade up in front of the 49ers (which would be hilarious).

I just don’t think we have the ammo for a trade up

Mecca 02-16-2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17406311)

Trey Smith isn't a good example, he's a 2nd day pick without his blood clot issue and taking a guard in round 2 or 3 means you think he can start immediately.

Oxford 02-16-2024 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17406492)

That's the problem. How to allocate 5 draft picks? If you look at Donovan Smiths performance, its unreasonable to think that he will be better next year, at best the same. Wanya Morris has upside and is signed. You can't get out of JaWaan Taylor's deal until 2025 and is he as good as what you might find in FA for LT/RT? If the tackles fall down the board this may change, but I'm thinking a developmental OT in 3 or 4. Knowing Veach he's prombably looking in the 1AA area for a sleeper

staylor26 02-16-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

We're talking about trading up 2-3 spots.

They could use a pick next year to do that. If you think Kingsley is the long term answer at LT, you do it without hesitation.

kccrow 02-16-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

There is always ammo. If you have a guy that falls to 15-16 in the draft that you feel is a franchise LT and a team is willing to take your first this year and next, then you go get that player IMO. I have no issues with spending 2 low firsts on pillar positions.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17406638)
There is always ammo. If you have a guy that falls to 15-16 in the draft that you feel is a franchise LT and a team is willing to take your first this year and next, then you go get that player IMO. I have no issues with spending 2 low firsts on pillar positions.

I think you and I danced around a similar analysis at LT last season. You got to "Mid 20s is the latest you can find starters" and I think I got to "10 is about as late as you're likely to find SAFE starters..."

I hated the idea of a trade up to 16. I didn't see a notable drop-off from about 10 to 40.

I just can't see myself being willing to use two 1st round picks on the 4th best OT in this class and that's likely what you're looking at in the mid-1st, no? Alt? Sure. Fashanu, yup. But man, then you're looking at probably Latham and Fuaga, right? Am I happy giving up 2 first rounders for either of those? Certainly not Latham (don't think he has the feet for this system). Maybe Fuaga. If I were pretty confident that Mims could make the transition to LT maybe, but that's still a little scary given his inexperience. And then you're in the Fautanu/Guyton range and there's no way I'm giving up that much for those guys.

I'd have to sell myself on Latham's feet, Fuaga's length or Mim's inexperience and man that's a tough sell for that kind of draft capital.

kccrow 02-16-2024 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17406665)
I think you and I danced around a similar analysis at LT last season. You got to "Mid 20s is the latest you can find starters" and I think I got to "10 is about as late as you're likely to find SAFE starters..."

I hated the idea of a trade up to 16. I didn't see a notable drop-off from about 10 to 40.

I just can't see myself being willing to use two 1st round picks on the 4th best OT in this class and that's likely what you're looking at in the mid-1st, no? Alt? Sure. Fashanu, yup. But man, then you're looking at probably Latham and Fuaga, right? Am I happy giving up 2 first rounders for either of those? Certainly not Latham (don't think he has the feet for this system). Maybe Fuaga. If I were pretty confident that Mims could make the transition to LT maybe, but that's still a little scary given his inexperience. And then you're in the Fautanu/Guyton range and there's no way I'm giving up that much for those guys.

I'd have to sell myself on Latham's feet, Fuaga's length or Mim's inexperience and man that's a tough sell for that kind of draft capital.

Latham is a pure RT. so no. Fuaga is also a RT. No. Mims is just raw clay. No, I wouldn't go that high for him. I like Guyton in a move to LT and far more than most. I might go get him. A little left to be answered there yet for me. I definitely don't think he's near there for us though, its more a question of going up that high for him. Suamataia I'd go up a bit for him maybe to 22. He isn't there when we pick IMO. I'm working on my 2.0 mock, so you'll get a projection of where I'm feeling things right now.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2024 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17406760)
Latham is a pure RT. so no. Fuaga is also a RT. No. Mims is just raw clay. No, I wouldn't go that high for him. I like Guyton in a move to LT and far more than most. I might go get him. A little left to be answered there yet for me. I definitely don't think he's near there for us though, its more a question of going up that high for him. Suamataia I'd go up a bit for him maybe to 22. He isn't there when we pick IMO. I'm working on my 2.0 mock, so you'll get a projection of where I'm feeling things right now.

Wow.

No way. I'm just not that hard up for a guy like Suamataia. Again, now we're at like the 6th best OT.

I'll spin the wheel and take my chances. Because if OTs get blasted like that, someone else is going to slide. 30 guys can't go top 20.

staylor26 02-16-2024 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17406978)
Wow.

No way. I'm just not that hard up for a guy like Suamataia. Again, now we're at like the 6th best OT.

I'll spin the wheel and take my chances. Because if OTs get blasted like that, someone else is going to slide. 30 guys can't go top 20.

Exactly. Whether it's OT or WR, an unexpected run (in terms of quantity) should only lead to an unexpected player falling into our range at the very least (see McDuffie).

kccrow 02-16-2024 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17406978)
Wow.

There's only basically 4 first round quality LTs in this draft. If anyone slips it's going to be RTs or extremely raw guys. I have Mims on my radar more than I do guys like Guyton or Suamataia being there at this point.

JPH83 02-17-2024 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17407090)
There's only basically 4 first round quality LTs in this draft. If anyone slips it's going to be RTs or extremely raw guys. I have Mims on my radar more than I do guys like Guyton or Suamataia being there at this point.

This is again why I'm barely entertaining OT in R1. I think what'll be left will be incredibly raw. I think whatll be left at WR is a day 1 starter and contributor. I think we fix the hole that we can imo.

staylor26 02-17-2024 02:08 AM

Watching all the WRs again. I have to say, I think I'm out on Mitchell in round 1. He's off the list for me.

I'd rather have Legette or Worthy.

Oxford 02-17-2024 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17407178)
Watching all the WRs again. I have to say, I think I'm out on Mitchell in round 1. He's off the list for me.

What player (or for that matter, position) would you want the 5th year option for?

O.city 02-17-2024 09:14 AM

Quote:

I don’t care for Mitchell as much either. There’s just some low floor for me.

I like worthy a lot

Couch-Potato 02-17-2024 03:11 PM

Quote:

Same here. Mitchell just doesn't pop off the screen at all to me.

Couch-Potato 02-17-2024 03:51 PM

I wonder if we couldn't come away with two of the players on this list in the first 2 rounds.

Depends on which site's board you favor, might require a trade up, but it could be possible.