ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marty news dump (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323936)

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 02:39 PM

Marty news dump

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs News: Look for the Chiefs to pull preseason games from KCTV5 next year. Chris Jones&#39; camp is softening a little on demands - Tyreek Hill&#39;s extension will happen at some point. Jones&#39; deal could get some front loading to help with Mahomes&#39; WHALE, $200+ mil future deal.</p>&mdash; Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board (@1_ChiefsKingdom) <a href="https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom/status/1151226550664122368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TLO 07-16-2019 02:42 PM

BREAKING NEWS

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 02:42 PM

Anyone that says "Jones deal could be frontloaded to help with Mahomes" isn't to be taken seriously because it doesn't work that way in the rollover era.

If you frontload it, you eat into rollover credits that could've been carried over and still provided the same amount of salary cap relief for Mahomes deal. It's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

Frontloading may be on the table, but it has nothing to do with the Mahomes contract. It's a different way for Jones to get more guaranteed money in the first 3 years. It's a way his camp may be looking to 'soften their demands' while still giving him lifetime security.

Those two concepts are unrelated.

loochy 07-16-2019 02:54 PM

KCTV5 no preseason - Great
Chris Jones coming back down to Earth - Great
Front loading in prep for a big Mahomes deal - Great

Titty Meat 07-16-2019 02:56 PM

Marty is usually wrong so

chiefzilla1501 07-16-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350533)
Anyone that says "Jones deal could be frontloaded to help with Mahomes" isn't to be taken seriously because it doesn't work that way in the rollover era.

If you frontload it, you eat into rollover credits that could've been carried over and still provided the same amount of salary cap relief for Mahomes deal. It's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

Frontloading may be on the table, but it has nothing to do with the Mahomes contract. It's a different way for Jones to get more guaranteed money in the first 3 years. It's a way his camp may be looking to 'soften their demands' while still giving him lifetime security.

Those two concepts are unrelated.

Yeah, frontloading makes a ton of sense for Okafor or Sammy Watkins. These are guys you overpay because you want to draft their replacement. If we sign jones and frontload it, it's because we don't want him here too long after mahomes comes in because we don't think we should afford him. And I don't think the Chiefs are there right now.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-16-2019 03:00 PM

I want them to pull preseason games from KCTV5 THIS YEAR not next. well next year too but this year, right now. Cut off all ties!

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14350567)
Yeah, frontloading makes a ton of sense for Okafor or Sammy Watkins. These are guys you overpay because you want to draft their replacement. If we sign jones and frontload it, it's because we don't want him here too long after mahomes comes in because we don't think we should afford him. And I don't think the Chiefs are there right now.

Frontloading makes no sense at all for Sammy Watkins. They needed to backload that deal precisely BECAUSE they intend to draft his replacement so you cut him before the big money hits.

The theory is that you frontload someone like Jones because you want to keep him for the duration of the deal and in years 3-4-5 when his base is lower, it makes your cap cleaner for a Mahomes extension. It's a sound theory but it ignores the rollover credits for unused cap space. By frontloading (let's say $12 million from years 3-4-5) you've plowed another $12 million into years 1 and 2. All that extra $12 million did was eat up cap space in years 1 and 2 that would've been a 1 for 1 carryover into years 3 and beyond.

Don't do it at all and nothing changes. You've instead built that $12 million into cap credits that raise your cap in year 3 by that very same $12 million which can then be used to pay the very same money to Mahomes. Meanwhile you've also left the threat of Jones getting cut as he reaches his bigger payouts over his head, encouraging him to continue to play hard.

Frontloading makes nearly no sense in any capacity unless it encourages the player to take a lower AAV. And frankly, it should, because frontloaded money acts as guaranteed money.

So the reason he's doing it has nothing to do with freeing up money for Mahomes - it makes no difference either way. The reason he'd be doing it is to create more up-front security. His agents can pitch it to the fans that way if they'd like, but that's not how the cap works in the rollover era.

007 07-16-2019 03:12 PM

That's not a news dump. That's speculation.

Shaid 07-16-2019 03:12 PM

Don't you still have to pay out 90% of your cap or you have to pay all the members of your team extra on their salary to get up to that threshold? Not sure the Chiefs are in any danger of that being an issue but that could also be a reason to front load.

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14350591)
That's not a news dump. That's speculation.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xL...VFtu/giphy.gif

In58men 07-16-2019 03:15 PM

Marty got the attention of the owners daughter!!!

I’m with Marty and I believe

DJJasonp 07-16-2019 03:19 PM

Came here expecting schottenheimer on the toilet, reading a newspaper......leaving disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 14350593)
Don't you still have to pay out 90% of your cap or you have to pay all the members of your team extra on their salary to get up to that threshold? Not sure the Chiefs are in any danger of that being an issue but that could also be a reason to front load.

That's a cash spending mandate that's easily reached via signing bonuses.

And I don't believe it's done via a year to year review but rather an overview of a 3-4 year rolling window. With some of the significant bonuses the Chiefs have given out (and will give out with Mahomes) that's unlikely to ever be a real concern for them.

big nasty kcnut 07-16-2019 03:26 PM

Kctv 5 roosters are coming home to roost.

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 14350609)
Kctv 5 roosters are coming home to roost.

Cock Hunt IMO

007 07-16-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350596)

Quote:

Chiefs News: Look for the Chiefs to pull preseason games from KCTV5 next year. Chris Jones' camp is softening a little on demands - Tyreek Hill's extension will happen at some point. Jones' deal could get some front loading to help with Mahomes' WHALE, $200+ mil future deal.

— Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board (@1_ChiefsKingdom) July 16, 2019

Not wrong

loochy 07-16-2019 03:34 PM

I'm with 007 here. These are good things to hear, but they are based on what?

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14350616)
I'm with 007 here. These are good things to hear, but they are based on what?

phone calls, e-mails, etc

loochy 07-16-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350619)
phone calls, e-mails, etc

:hmmm:

pugsnotdrugs19 07-16-2019 03:41 PM

I’d love it all to be true.

FAX 07-16-2019 03:45 PM

Magic "8-Ball" Marty working that overtime.

FAX

Perineum Ripper 07-16-2019 03:47 PM

Hope he didn’t call and email the people who turned you guys onto the “Crystal Hill” house, or the super secret meeting. You know the one only Marty knew about, and nobody else did. The one the week before the real meeting happened, that the entire world was posting about.

Titty Meat 07-16-2019 03:52 PM

Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board

@1_ChiefsKingdom
May 13
More
Been told the Chiefs are in talks with Peterson's rep on a deal. Same approach as they took with Frank Clark. Chiefs likely giving up draft capital and a possible player, but I don't have a square answer on that.

Guys a dumb ****

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 03:54 PM

So disrespectful.

Titty Meat 07-16-2019 03:54 PM

@1_ChiefsKingdom
Apr 26
More
A lot of smoke out of KC today with the draft and trying to figure out to how replace Hill in the offense. Yes, you read right. Replace. It will happen. Chiefs have been inquiring about a couple of Veteran WR's today.

LMAO

Titty Meat 07-16-2019 03:55 PM

@1_ChiefsKingdom
Apr 25
More
Conspiracy....Bribery....Child Endangerment....Aggravated Assault....Perjury....Obstruction of Justice....Jesus this is a nasty-cocktail of legal shit. The Law will go after both, Crystal will flip on Hill....and TH10 will spend time in jail.

RunKC 07-16-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350585)
Frontloading makes no sense at all for Sammy Watkins. They needed to backload that deal precisely BECAUSE they intend to draft his replacement so you cut him before the big money hits.

They did backload it in terms of cap space. I thought it was a great deal.

Year 1-$7.8 million
Year 2-$19.2 million
Year 3-$21 million-($14 million saved if cut/$7 million dead space)

If he balls out this year, we could easily trade the guy for a 2nd rd pick and also save $14 million with only 1 year of dead money.

RunKC 07-16-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14350642)

@1_ChiefsKingdom
Apr 26
More
A lot of smoke out of KC today with the draft and trying to figure out to how replace Hill in the offense. Yes, you read right. Replace. It will happen. Chiefs have been inquiring about a couple of Veteran WR's today.

LMAO

Don’t forget Marty saying the Chiefs agreed to strike a deal with Tyreek last year when the league doesn’t allow that

FAX 07-16-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14350636)
Hope he didn’t call and email the people who turned you guys onto the “Crystal Hill” house, or the super secret meeting. You know the one only Marty knew about, and nobody else did. The one the week before the real meeting happened, that the entire world was posting about.

Hold on just a slithery, sliding second there, Mr. mac459 ...

What "Crystal Hill" house? Are you referring to the trailer that is actually owned by another Crystal Hill? Or, did I miss a vital factoid somewhere along the way?

I've taken great pride in staying current on this story and tracking all the relevant details thereof. I would hate to think I've skipped over a crucial element, so please advise.

FAX

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14350649)
Don’t forget Marty saying the Chiefs has agreed to strike a deal with Tyreek last year when the league doesn’t allow that

That's not what he said.

DJ's left nut 07-16-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14350646)
They did backload it in terms of cap space. I thought it was a great deal.

Year 1-$7.8 million
Year 2-$19.2 million
Year 3-$21 million-($14 million saved if cut/$7 million dead space)

If he balls out this year, we could easily trade the guy for a 2nd rd pick and also save $14 million with only 1 year of dead money.

Exactly, that was the point I was making.

'Zilla cited the exact WRONG person to talk about frontloading - backloading was easily and obviously the way to go with him for the very reasons we've seen.

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14350650)
Hold on just a slithery, sliding second there, Mr. mac459 ...

What "Crystal Hill" house? Are you referring to the trailer that is actually owned by another Crystal Hill? Or, did I miss a vital factoid somewhere along the way?

I've taken great pride in staying current on this story and tracking all the relevant details thereof. I would hate to think I've skipped over a crucial element, so please advise.

FAX

Yes, goddammit, we ****ed that up. But that didn't come from Marty. We had several people working on this, like I said. We got a bad tip and a little too gung ho on it. It was never framed as a fact.

Please, forgive.

SAUTO 07-16-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14350642)

@1_ChiefsKingdom
Apr 26
More

LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14350644)

@1_ChiefsKingdom
Apr 25
More
Conspiracy....Bribery....Child Endangerment....Aggravated Assault....Perjury....Obstruction of Justice....Jesus this is a nasty-cocktail of legal shit. The Law will go after both, Crystal will flip on Hill....and TH10 will spend time in jail.

Are these both real? ROFL

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 04:16 PM

Everyone's initial reactions to Hill were the same. Does not apply.

kevrunner 07-16-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14350636)

When the full version of the audio tape was released, on the NFL Network, I watched a segment which said the NFL has had the full audio for a couple of months. They just met with Tyreek and his lawyers only a few days earlier in the publicly announced meeting. So how could they have had a copy of the full audio so much earlier than the official meeting between Tyreek, his lawyers and the NFL?

It’s pretty reasonable to believe that they acquired the full version of the audio from Tyreek’s lawyers in an earlier unreported meeting between the parties which Marty was referencing in his report.

chiefzilla1501 07-16-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14350585)

The theory is that you frontload someone like Jones because you want to keep him for the duration of the deal and in years 3-4-5 when his base is lower, it makes your cap cleaner for a Mahomes extension. It's a sound theory but it ignores the rollover credits for unused cap space. By frontloading (let's say $12 million from years 3-4-5) you've plowed another $12 million into years 1 and 2. All that extra $12 million did was eat up cap space in years 1 and 2 that would've been a 1 for 1 carryover into years 3 and beyond.

Don't do it at all and nothing changes. You've instead built that $12 million into cap credits that raise your cap in year 3 by that very same $12 million which can then be used to pay the very same money to Mahomes. Meanwhile you've also left the threat of Jones getting cut as he reaches his bigger payouts over his head, encouraging him to continue to play hard.

Frontloading makes nearly no sense in any capacity unless it encourages the player to take a lower AAV. And frankly, it should, because frontloaded money acts as guaranteed money.

So the reason he's doing it has nothing to do with freeing up money for Mahomes - it makes no difference either way. The reason he'd be doing it is to create more up-front security. His agents can pitch it to the fans that way if they'd like, but that's not how the cap works in the rollover era.

Sorry, think we're talking about frontloading in two different ways. I'm talking about frontloading as in prorated cap. Get all your cap hits out of the way on the front end so they're easy to cut by year 3. Most free agents we've signed have overpaid base salaries but very low bonus money.

Perineum Ripper 07-16-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevrunner (Post 14350675)
When the full version of the audio tape was released, on the NFL Network, I watched a segment which said the NFL has had the full audio for a couple of months. They just met with Tyreek and his lawyers only a few days earlier in the publicly announced meeting. So how could they have had a copy of the full audio so much earlier than the official meeting between Tyreek, his lawyers and the NFL?

It’s pretty reasonable to believe that they acquired the full version of the audio from Tyreek’s lawyers in an earlier unreported meeting between the parties which Marty was referencing in his report.

His lawyers could mail a copy, download it onto a computer and email the file?

Do you think they need to have a meeting to get the information?

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-16-2019 04:35 PM

Anyone that believes a word from Marty mouth is a idiot. Guy is a first rate piece of shit

-King- 07-16-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14350692)
Anyone that believes a word from Marty mouth is a idiot. Guy is a first rate piece of shit

How do you really feel?

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-16-2019 04:39 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There has been no change in the Chris Jones situation in recent weeks, a source tells me. That could always change, but he does still have to report to camp by Aug. 6 to receive an accrued season toward free agency.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1150764235917615105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let’s see trust the guy with real info or some piece of shit

Sassy Squatch 07-16-2019 04:47 PM

The ****? Did Marty kill your dog then subsequently **** your wife or something?

Dartgod 07-16-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14350708)
The ****? Did Marty kill your dog then subsequently **** your wife or something?

Close. Killed his wife and then ****ed his dog.

tyecopeland 07-16-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevrunner (Post 14350675)

See theres this thing called the internet. You can upload things to it and send those things to other people. No meeting required. It's actually how many people communicate these days.

BigRock 07-16-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14350639)

@1_ChiefsKingdom
May 13
More
Been told the Chiefs are in talks with Peterson's rep on a deal. Same approach as they took with Frank Clark. Chiefs likely giving up draft capital and a possible player, but I don't have a square answer on that.

Guys a dumb ****

Was this the same guy who was saying that Sutton was going to retire and it was a done deal and they'd announce it after the season? And then instead of a retirement announcement Reid fired him and Sutton took a job elsewhere, which is the opposite of what someone does when they're retiring?

BryanBusby 07-16-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14350720)
Close. Killed his wife and then ****ed his dog.

Sounds like a ruff experience

TEX 07-16-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14350668)
Are these both real? ROFL

Why don't you ask him for a LINK????

Sassy Squatch 07-16-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 14350725)
Was this the same guy who was saying that Sutton was going to retire and it was a done deal and they'd announce it after the season? And then instead of a retirement announcement Reid fired him and Sutton took a job elsewhere, which is the opposite of what someone does when they're retiring?

Yes.

BryanBusby 07-16-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350670)

Boy howdy, just wait till PittGorilla gallops in to tell you how mighty his opinion was. I'm sure it'll be such good shit.

kevrunner 07-16-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14350682)
His lawyers could mail a copy, download it onto a computer and email the file?

Do you think they need to have a meeting to get the information?

No, just that it is very plausible that they did.

kevrunner 07-16-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14350721)
See theres this thing called the internet. You can upload things to it and send those things to other people. No meeting required. It's actually how many people communicate these days.

True, but since it was mentioned in his report that they already have had meetings, its not too unreasonable to believe they happened. It’s hard for me to believe the NFL announces publicly every meeting they have with players and their attorneys.

Perineum Ripper 07-16-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevrunner (Post 14350735)
No, just that it is very plausible that they did.

Plausible yes, very plausible not even a little. The entire sports world has been watching this whole shit show since it broke. To think they had a meeting, that only one guy, in Arizona, who does the sports news thing in his spare time. Found out about this meeting, while the people who do sports news for a living knew nothing about this meeting. Then the very next week a meeting was announced and everyone talking about it was talking like it was the first meeting.

To think there was a meeting a week before just to get a recording, then come back the next week is ridiculous. There is not a lot about this whole thing that makes sense, but that makes less sense than most.

-King- 07-16-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14350727)
Why don't you ask him for a LINK????

Oh what a burn!!! You got him good!

tyecopeland 07-16-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevrunner (Post 14350744)
True, but since it was mentioned in his report that they already have had meetings, its not too unreasonable to believe they happened. It’s hard for me to believe the NFL announces publicly every meeting they have with players and their attorneys.

But don't you think it is unreasonable to assume that only one little league softball coach knew about NFL investigators flying into kc to meet with hill when nobody else did or still does?

-King- 07-16-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14350733)
Boy howdy, just wait till PittGorilla gallops in to tell you how mighty his opinion was. I'm sure it'll be such good shit.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Rausch 07-16-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14350692)

Even if he was a piece of shit (and he isn't) he's proven time and again to be reliable.

Unless we're talking about a different Marty and I'm mistaken...

Rausch 07-16-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350670)

I'm a little disappointed in myself for acting way to SJW for my own liking. Then again I don't think anyone expected evidence to surface that the first incident was completely fabricated.

It's always possible but not something you'd expect after all this time. In fact him taking that false accusation and eating the frustration of being labeled a woman beater is either really impressive or really stupid...

-King- 07-16-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350655)
That's not what he said.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Unbelievable, people still aren’t understanding what the error was😂 It’s not about the 3 years folks, it’s not about the offer in March. Problem solved, quote highlighted below, now move on everyone. <a href="https://t.co/XD4URM8jj5">pic.twitter.com/XD4URM8jj5</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1142976783995854848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King- 07-16-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14350761)
Even if he was a piece of shit (and he isn't) he's proven time and again to be reliable.

Unless we're talking about a different Marty and I'm mistaken...

Lol when has he proven to be reliable. This page alone is full of shit he got wrong.

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14350769)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Unbelievable, people still aren’t understanding what the error was😂 It’s not about the 3 years folks, it’s not about the offer in March. Problem solved, quote highlighted below, now move on everyone. <a href="https://t.co/XD4URM8jj5">pic.twitter.com/XD4URM8jj5</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1142976783995854848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

thanks, that clears it up....definitely did not say they struck a deal

ChiefAshhole1056 07-16-2019 05:32 PM

So since this looks like the thread to dump info from “sources”, a good friend of mines roommate went to a bachelor party a few weeks ago that Pat was also in. A lot of partying went down but nothing incriminating occurred outside of a lot of booze.

However, apparently the group was able to get some info out of Pat to where he admitted he’s a life long Cowboys fan and his plan “as of now” is to sign a 4 year deal with KC for his next contract but wants to play for Dallas once that deal is done.

He believes he will have a few ships by then and by the time that 3rd contract comes around, he will have accomplished enough in KC to justifiably move on to his personal challenge of bringing back a ship for his childhood team.

Trust me, I shit on it right when I heard about it too because I would absolutely be heartbroken if we lost him to the ****ing Cowgirls, but that’s what I’ve been told and my buddies are Texans fans so idk why they would make this up. Just take it with a grain of salt for now and we can revisit it if Pat actually ends up with a 4 year deal when that time comes.

T-post Tom 07-16-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 14350779)
So since this looks like the thread to dump info from “sources”, a good friend of mines roommate went to a bachelor party a few weeks ago that Pat was also in. A lot of partying went down but nothing incriminating occurred outside of a lot of booze.

However, apparently the group was able to get some info out of Pat to where he admitted he’s a life long Cowboys fan and his plan “as of now” is to sign a 4 year deal with KC for his next contract but wants to play for Dallas once that deal is done.

He believes he will have a few ships by then and by the time that 3rd contract comes around, he will have accomplished enough in KC to justifiably move on to his personal challenge of bringing back a ship for his childhood team.

Trust me, I shit on it right when I heard about it too because I would absolutely be heartbroken if we lost him to the ****ing Cowgirls, but that’s what I’ve been told and my buddies are Texans fans so idk why they would make this up. Just take it with a grain of salt for now and we can revisit it if Pat actually ends up with a 4 year deal when that time comes.

You sure it wasn't your friend's roommate's real estate agent? That's usually how these stories go....

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

If Pat brings us a Lombardi, he can do whatever he wishes.

You can't cage a force of nature.

ChiefAshhole1056 07-16-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350786)
If Pat brings us a Lombardi, he can do whatever he wishes.

You can't cage a force of nature.

That’s more or less where I ended up as well. On the other end, I’m greedy with my HOF QB and **** sharing.

Sassy Squatch 07-16-2019 05:52 PM

Lol nah. He can play 3 more years under the tag in that scenario.

-King- 07-16-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350772)
thanks, that clears it up....definitely did not say they struck a deal

He said they made an extension offer. Which they literally couldn't do.

T-post Tom 07-16-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14350796)
Lol nah. He can play 3 more years under the tag in that scenario.

YES. :clap:

O.city 07-16-2019 05:53 PM

Yeah if he continues on this track he’ll retire a chief

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 05:54 PM

That Mahomes rumor actually gives me a great idea for my next Madden franchise....

Hammock Parties 07-16-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14350798)
He said they made an extension offer. Which they literally couldn't do.

maybe just chill out for awhile mister "cheetah is satan in cleats"

Easy 6 07-16-2019 05:57 PM

Simply sublime trolling, outstanding effort by asshole

T-post Tom 07-16-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14350808)
Simply sublime trolling, outstanding effort by asshole

What? Have you no outrage? What's that on your chest mister? A PLEDGE PIN! ON YOUR UNIFORM? :cuss::cuss::cuss::#:#:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Easy 6 07-16-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14350821)
What? Have you no outrage? What's that on your chest mister? A PLEDGE PIN! ON YOUR UNIFORM? :cuss::cuss::cuss::#:#:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Give him credit, that was one sick nightmare he cooked up

Pasta Little Brioni 07-16-2019 06:33 PM

Throwing shit at the wall again.

T-post Tom 07-16-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14350827)
Give him credit, that was one sick nightmare he cooked up

Well, ok. But I still think the story would have benefited from a real estate agent or two. :D

ThyKingdomCome15 07-16-2019 06:39 PM

Yeah, my heart started to let that soak in and it reeeaaaallly hurt. I cant take that bologna. I'm officially writing that off to trolling, like that other good fella said, for emotional sanity alone.

FAX 07-16-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14350658)
Yes, goddammit, we ****ed that up. But that didn't come from Marty. We had several people working on this, like I said. We got a bad tip and a little too gung ho on it. It was never framed as a fact.

Please, forgive.

I'm not dragging you on that ... far from it. I love excess speculation.

I simply thought he may have been referring to a different house or something.

Besides, crack reporters make mistakes. It's a professional hazard. After all, it could have been her trailer and she could have hired a bunch of additional Gang Members and given them all Hill names as part of her malicious gambit.

I just thought I might have missed the long-awaited-for discovery of The Espinal Gang's hideout.

FAX

Halfcan 07-16-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Well, this goes against everything Mahomes has said publicly about playing here. So either he is a liar or your buddies are just bitter because they got second best with Watson.

CasselGotPeedOn 07-16-2019 06:55 PM

Yeah those people are full of shit.

Titty Meat 07-16-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 14350857)
Yeah those people are full of shit.

Yeah dude they are like the annoying little purse dog that wont let go. Inside sources was so 2010 you mother ****ers arent Adam schefter and just let the tyreek hill shit die hes coming back dead the damn story.