ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How good are the masks working for you (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332415)

Chief Roundup 07-15-2020 08:31 AM

How good are the masks working for you

Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

JD10367 07-15-2020 08:37 AM

The masks I found work best are larger ones that are a little loose on my face, with a nose bridge built in. The ones that squash my nose are unbearable after minutes. When shopping look for something with the nose bridge. Downside, it does let even more air up to fog your glasses; upside, if it's a little loose, sometimes you can get a breath in and out without fogging (and if you're six feet away from people you can sneak your nose out, which makes all the difference--no fogging, and no overheating).

I've seen some bullshit online about stopping fogging by polishing your glasses with shaving cream. Sounds like a nice way to de-coat and ruin your lenses. I'd rather deal with the fog.

My biggest problem has been sizing. At 6'2" with an appropriately sized head, most of the ones I've gotten literally just don't even fit (and if I can stretch them enough to fit, they bend my ****ing ears).

Most places online are selling them for around $15, which is my top end price for a mask. Check your local area (etsy, pinterest, things like that). Women are making masks in every city for some extra dough. I ordered some from my state and they arrived the next day. If I'm gonna take a chance on something, I'd rather chance it with a local person trying to make a buck than some giant Chinese mask-making company or buying some shit mask in Target.

Oh, yeah... stay away from dark colors. It's ****ing hot enough under there as it is.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-15-2020 08:40 AM

I mean, i don't have COVID yet, so there's that.

KurtCobain 07-15-2020 08:41 AM

It's whatever. I have to wear one at work and it's not comfortable but oh well.

Sassy Squatch 07-15-2020 08:41 AM

Buy a bunch of neck straps off Amazon. Makes wearing them infinitely more bearable

Mike in SW-MO 07-15-2020 08:42 AM

Walgreen's sells a pretty comfortable option. No brand on the package.

Form the nose wire carefully around your nose to prevent fogging. But I am not doing physical work, so may be different.

Deberg_1990 07-15-2020 08:43 AM

To D.C. in 3....2...1...

Chief Roundup 07-15-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15067931)
To D.C. in 3....2...1...

A shit Deberg post from Deberg. Imagine that.

BigRedChief 07-15-2020 08:52 AM

Some masks have the adjustable straps behind the ears and a nose bridge to seal the air off from fogging your glasses.

Renegade 07-15-2020 08:55 AM

I bought some from Etsy that I have been happy with. The nose bridge does seem to help. I have ordered the neck straps from Amazon, but have not received them after a month. I have also found I like the double layer ones versus a single layer. I have 2 or 3 I will wear day, as it gets really damp with all that air exiting your lungs.

ChiliConCarnage 07-15-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15067945)
Some masks have the adjustable straps behind the ears and a nose bridge to seal the air off from fogging your glasses.

I bought a couple masks off Etsy for 6-8 bucks and one has the adjustable ears strings. I hadn't even thought about it when I ordered but it is handy. I've seen some people with masks that go behind the head too

Hoover 07-15-2020 09:00 AM

My wife found so good ones at Target.

Built in nose thing, that doesn't fit too tight.

The Franchise 07-15-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15067962)

It’s where I bought mine. Two pack for $4.99 and they’re washable. Still fog up every once in a while but they’re ****ing comfortable.

MahiMike 07-15-2020 09:13 AM

I use them to clean my glasses...and wipe my ass.

Sorce 07-15-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15067931)
To D.C. in 3....2...1...

https://i.imgur.com/MpA1rBA.jpg

digger 07-15-2020 09:21 AM

I use this:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/data...O4Zb4AAAAAAAA= https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/data...O4Zb4AAAAAAAA=
https://www.amazon.com/Headscarf-Ultraviolet-Sunscreen-Protection-Headdress/dp/B086VQ37X1/ref=pd_lpo_193_t_1/139-1051478-4417412?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B086VQ37X1&pd_rd_r=99434fa9-e6e9-4c12-9202-ff7bde6233e9&pd_rd_w=QtaaO&pd_rd_wg=mMmwP&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=SBH6RM1E8B6X9T3BZ5F5&psc=1&refRID=SBH6RM1E8B6X9T3BZ5F5

MMXcalibur 07-15-2020 09:25 AM

Had one of my co-workers hand-make a Chiefs facemask.
Thankfully, it's the most comfortable and easiest to breathe in of the five total masks that I went through.

WhawhaWhat 07-15-2020 09:30 AM

Bought this one off of Etsy.

https://i.etsystatic.com/23552510/r/...51215_3ql9.jpg

bdj23 07-15-2020 09:31 AM

I have a Chiefs one I bought off of some high school kid 3 months ago selling them door to door. It's about as comfortable as one of them gets, but I don't see how it's doing much (sorry for getting political) because the material is so thin. I only wear it when I absolutely have to though. I guess I've been forced back into hermit mode.

dlphg9 07-15-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 15068020)

Someone got cum all over that. I guess no two will ever be alike. You have a one of a kind face mask!

Bearcat 07-15-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 15067977)
I use them to clean my glasses...and wipe my ass.

https://i.redd.it/6tt5bq2impr41.jpg

dlphg9 07-15-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15068055)

I would literally vomit if I saw that.

Hoover 07-15-2020 10:03 AM

I've been wearing this for 18 hrs a day because I need there to be a football season.

https://www.evike.com/images/large/ma-85-bk-2.jpg

Chief Roundup 07-15-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15068055)

ROFL That is hilarious.

ToxSocks 07-15-2020 10:11 AM

I buy masks from my Co-worker's wife. She's out of work right now so she's sowing up masks as a side gig. Maybe not the best, but they're cotton, comfortable and now i can live out my child hood dreaming of pretending to be a ninja.

old_geezer 07-15-2020 10:15 AM

I've only worn one once. I took my sister to the local hospital for some routine tests and they gave one to everybody entering(mandatory). When I left I threw the mask in my glove box to use if I ever have to go into a store that requires them. I haven't used it yet but I'll reuse it as often as I have to.

displacedinMN 07-15-2020 10:31 AM

I have issue with the surgical masks. Broke the string on them as I was putting them on.

We are going to order the Norwex ones to try. If we go back to school, I am ordering Chiefs masks.

and this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">KC, remember how happy you were after the Super Bowl? <br><br>well, now imagine if Mahomes got Covid &amp; with diminished lung capacity couldn&#39;t repeat. <br><br>masks aren&#39;t just for YOU, they&#39;re for Mahomes, too! do your part. <br><br>new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/raygun?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#raygun</a> mask online, in KC tomorrow: <a href="https://t.co/nEvabsxHdI">https://t.co/nEvabsxHdI</a> <a href="https://t.co/SpkkCaOCH0">pic.twitter.com/SpkkCaOCH0</a></p>&mdash; RAYGUN (@RAYGUNshirts) <a href="https://twitter.com/RAYGUNshirts/status/1275182729370501121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tyecopeland 07-15-2020 10:43 AM

Try a bandana or a neck gaiter.

Chief Roundup 07-15-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 15068091)
I've only worn one once. I took my sister to the local hospital for some routine tests and they gave one to everybody entering(mandatory). When I left I threw the mask in my glove box to use if I ever have to go into a store that requires them. I haven't used it yet but I'll reuse it as often as I have to.

Those are not meant to be reused.

scho63 07-15-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15067905)
Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

I've had to wear a mask and have a mandatory thermal temperature with my picture taken at the front entrance door for every shift at Amazon.

I too wear reading glasses and at first it's a ****ing pain in the ass but you learn to breath at a normal lighter pace, not huff and puff.

If you work where you are moving around all the time, that would be tougher.

Started with disposable masks everyone has, the white inside blue outside and recently they gave everyone an Amazon logo reusable one that is heavier.

Chief Roundup 07-15-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15068245)
I too wear reading glasses and at first it's a ****ing pain in the ass but you learn to breath at a normal lighter pace, not huff and puff.

I am on the move often and have to give presentations in person and over zoom at the same time and I have COPD.

redfan 07-15-2020 11:48 AM

I've been wearing a home made Chiefs one. It has a nose wire and pleats; not too shabby as far as comfort goes. Effectiveness? No covid yet.

old_geezer 07-15-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15068211)
Those are not meant to be reused.

I know. Just my middle finger to the mandatory mask requirement. I wear it because it's required, not because I want to.

TEX 07-15-2020 02:50 PM

Wearing a mask sucks in Texas in the summer...

Rain Man 07-15-2020 02:58 PM

I've been trying some different types. Our first ones had the elastic bands that go over the ears, and I'm not wild about them. I can wear them when picking up food from a restaurant or other quick tasks.

We then got some gift ones from a donation, and they're really nice. They have long ties that you tie behind your head (I guess they're called ribbon ties), and the ties are some stretchy material. Those are really nice. I wear them when I'm out running because I can pull them down onto my neck and then quickly pull them back up if someone's coming.

I wanted more of those but haven't been able to find them. I've bought a few different ribbon tie masks but the ribbons aren't elastic. They work fine but I wish I could find more stretchy ribbon masks. The stretchy ones are easier to pull up and down.

My early ones also have a little filter pocket, which is nice. I've forgotten to look on the later purchases and they haven't had one. It's survivable. Well, I hope it is.

eDave 07-15-2020 03:02 PM

I've learned that the upper half of my head is more attractive to women than the entire head.

Spott 07-15-2020 03:06 PM

I’m just glad I don’t have to wear one at work or pretty much anywhere else. The only time I do is when I fly and I just wear a bandana for an hour and a half on the plane. Even then I have food and a drink with my so I only wear it for about 1/2 of the flight.

Sorce 07-15-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15068817)
I've learned that the upper half of my head is more attractive to women than the entire head.

AKA just the tip.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

underEJ 07-15-2020 06:01 PM

I have a whole bunch now both because I was supporting people who needed to make some dough on etsy and because I don't reuse them without washing and sanitizing them so I need a few to get through the week to laundry day. The shape and fabric seem to make all the difference. And it is sort of trial and error because everyones face is a different shape.

I have a few softer ones with a filter pocket that are super comfortable, but not terrific for work where I really don't want it touching my lips while I have to talk and function. These are great for a trip to the store or something.

I also got a couple with behind the head ties instead of ear bands, but those slip down constantly and annoy me and don't have a filter pocket so I really don't use them.

The ones I like the most were provided at work for us. They are made by the drapery department of our parent company and those are some great sewers. None of the amateur stuff with these. High quality full thread count non-jersey fabric cut and stitched to fit the face nicely around the edges while staying out away from the mouth. They have filter pockets, nose wires, and at least for my head the ear bands are exactly the right size. I wear contacts, but we have to wear 3D glasses a few times a week and I still get a tiny bit of fogging, but way less than every other mask I have.

Union sewers ftw!

jdubya 07-15-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 15069180)
I have a whole bunch now both because I was supporting people who needed to make some dough on etsy and because I don't reuse them without washing and sanitizing them so I need a few to get through the week to laundry day. The shape and fabric seem to make all the difference. And it is sort of trial and error because everyones face is a different shape.

I have a few softer ones with a filter pocket that are super comfortable, but not terrific for work where I really don't want it touching my lips while I have to talk and function. These are great for a trip to the store or something.

I also got a couple with behind the head ties instead of ear bands, but those slip down constantly and annoy me and don't have a filter pocket so I really don't use them.

The ones I like the most were provided at work for us. They are made by the drapery department of our parent company and those are some great sewers. None of the amateur stuff with these. High quality full thread count non-jersey fabric cut and stitched to fit the face nicely around the edges while staying out away from the mouth. They have filter pockets, nose wires, and at least for my head the ear bands are exactly the right size. I wear contacts, but we have to wear 3D glasses a few times a week and I still get a tiny bit of fogging, but way less than every other mask I have.

Union sewers ftw!

Have you seen any semi duplicate versions of this on Amazon or elsewhere? I`m looking to buy a few for my son who is heading to college in a few weeks and I have been trying to find the best of all worlds: Comfort, quality, effectiveness, nose wire, filter, etc...

Megatron96 07-15-2020 06:19 PM

Uh, any of these 'home-made' masks offering smaller than 0.2 micron weave? Isn't that the threshold for effectively stopping a virus? If not, why exactly are people buying/wearing them?

And you don't have to wash your masks very often. Throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds every day; that's enough to kill any bacteria/viruses until you use it again (note: if your mask has a wire in it, obviously don't be a dumb-ass and microwave it). Wash 'em with your regular laundry once a week or whatever. Not that they're doing you or anyone else much good, but that's another story . . .

Oh, in response to the OP: not really using masks. Don't need them at work due to the lack of other humans, and most of the time when I go to the store there's nearly no one there. And they just closed both of my gyms again, so literally out of places where I might wear one.

Fish 07-15-2020 06:58 PM

Meh... slightly inconvenient. But if it helps a bit, why not?

underEJ 07-15-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15069190)
Have you seen any semi duplicate versions of this on Amazon or elsewhere? I`m looking to buy a few for my son who is heading to college in a few weeks and I have been trying to find the best of all worlds: Comfort, quality, effectiveness, nose wire, filter, etc...

I haven't, but I'd imagine the professional sewers are the key to it. There are some clothing and uniform companies who have started making masks. Might be a good place to look for something similar.

BryanBusby 07-15-2020 07:07 PM

I've taken to printing off shitty deberg threads and putting a rubberband on it for masks. I have a lifetime supply currently.

underEJ 07-15-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15069195)
Uh, any of these 'home-made' masks offering smaller than 0.2 micron weave? Isn't that the threshold for effectively stopping a virus? If not, why exactly are people buying/wearing them?

The filter gets closer to the threshold. And even if it isn't 100% effective, it has effectiveness and I choose to try. I also carry hand sanitizer with me at all times and don't share equipment that hasn't been sanitized with anyone else. I hope it helps. If not, it isn't hurting anything either.

Chief Roundup 07-15-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15069195)

And you don't have to wash your masks very often. Throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds every day; that's enough to kill any bacteria/viruses until you use it again (note: if your mask has a wire in it, obviously don't be a dumb-ass and microwave it). Wash 'em with your regular laundry once a week or whatever. Not that they're doing you or anyone else much good, but that's another story . . .

Oh, in response to the OP: not really using masks. Don't need them at work due to the lack of other humans, and most of the time when I go to the store there's nearly no one there. And they just closed both of my gyms again, so literally out of places where I might wear one.

Here every damn store, or it seems, has made it mandatory of they won't serve you. All of the grocery stores, shopping centers, pharmacies, gas stations have the signs no mask no service. You can't even do curbside pickup let alone inside pickup for carry out without a mask.

Megatron96 07-15-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15069279)
Here every damn store, or it seems, has made it mandatory of they won't serve you. All of the grocery stores, shopping centers, pharmacies, gas stations have the signs no mask no service. You can't even do curbside pickup let alone inside pickup for carry out without a mask.

One of the advantages to living in AZ is not having to put up with overzealous Dim policies. Most of the time anyway. The stores have signs that say "Please help us observe COVID-19 restrictions" or whatever. in other words, they try to treat you like you're a real live adult, not some junky idiot from back East. Or SoCal.

Have no fear though, some stupid twat(s) will screw it up and make the powers-that-be try to enforce these guidelines. Then we'll see some interesting things.

Chief Roundup 07-15-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15069312)
One of the advantages to living in AZ is not having to put up with overzealous Dim policies. Most of the time anyway. The stores have signs that say "Please help us observe COVID-19 restrictions" or whatever. in other words, they try to treat you like you're a real live adult, not some junky idiot from back East. Or SoCal.

Have no fear though, some stupid twat(s) will screw it up and make the powers-that-be try to enforce these guidelines. Then we'll see some interesting things.

That is not the case here either. We never have had a lockdown, shelter in place or any order like that by our elected officials.

KChiefs1 07-15-2020 09:19 PM

They are hot & not in a good way.

displacedinMN 07-15-2020 09:20 PM

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...5-5b07ae6fbb58

All about effectiveness. Posted in a few places.

KChiefs1 07-15-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15067962)

I need to go to Target.

suzzer99 07-15-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15068817)

Beard time?

TinyEvel 07-15-2020 09:37 PM

The most comfortable mask I have is a surgical mask like in hospitals. Lightweight, small metal strip for the nose bridge, elastic ear loops that aren't too tight and pretty breathable. I went to the hospital for a biopsy and they gave it to me and I have been wearing it for two weeks, gonna buy a 12-pack.

BWillie 07-15-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

I wear an N95 mask. Its a pain to put on when wearing a hat and glasses but it does the trick. And also gives me quite a bit of protection.

eDave 07-15-2020 11:43 PM

I just wear the free ones they give out. I write Dave on the lower left corner with a sharpie.

FloridaMan88 07-16-2020 08:23 AM

I am in Naples, FL for the summer and there are no mask requirements in the county here.

Even some of the big retailers that are enforcing a mask policy nationally... such as Costco don't rigidly enforce it in the stores here.

It is great.

oldman 07-16-2020 08:34 AM

We tried several, but we were looking to buy local. I found this by digging around: https://www.kcppe.com/ We bought ours from Susan Ferguson and they work just fine. https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeautifullyWoven

I look at it this way. If I get 25% to whatever % protection from what other people are spewing in the air, groovy, that's better than 0%. If I can protect others whatever % (and it's close to 100%) from what bugs I'm spewing in the air, I'll do it. It's not that big of a deal. I know masks are hot, not very comfortable, etc., but this stuff has gotten out of control. I'll put my personal comfort aside for the greater good.

Chief Roundup 07-16-2020 06:16 PM

Well the Governor of Arkansas made a mandate today making masks mandatory in public in the entire state of Arkansas. The news station said that they have been discussing fining people for not wearing masks and if people did not pay the fine it would be applied to their state income tax.

Chief Roundup 07-16-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15069785)
I am in Naples, FL for the summer and there are no mask requirements in the county here.

Even some of the big retailers that are enforcing a mask policy nationally... such as Costco don't rigidly enforce it in the stores here.

It is great.

Yes Florida is booming with new cases. Coincidence, I think not.

HonestChieffan 07-16-2020 07:13 PM

They suck but in a day you will figure it out

BWillie 07-16-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15070920)

4 weeks ago we were seeing 40k new cases a day. Deaths lag, so deaths today should be reasonably accurate to compare to those cases. We've been about 950 deaths the last 2-3 days.

What can be derive from that? It would be two likely possible scenarios.
1) We are better at treating the virus now than we were in the Spring
2) More of the REPORTED cases are mild or asymptomatic

I have not seen much to indicate we've gotten much better at treating the virus, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, so it appears #2 is true. Either way we can conclude that if we had the testing abilities now in the Spring we would have seen many, many more reported cases. Cases do not tell the story. Deaths correlated with the cases 3-5 weeks before is a better indicator.

Either way, 1,000 a day is nothing to sneeze at. And if we maintain this level of social distancing and discredit mask wearing we are going to have to shut everything down this winter - or just allow 4,000 to 5,000 people a day to die.

HonestChieffan 07-16-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

ive worn two both sucked but maybe 40 min total so tollerable

Titty Meat 07-17-2020 06:18 AM

Anti mask people are pillowbiters

oldman 07-17-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15071353)
4 weeks ago we were seeing 40k new cases a day. Deaths lag, so deaths today should be reasonably accurate to compare to those cases. We've been about 950 deaths the last 2-3 days.

What can be derive from that? It would be two likely possible scenarios.
1) We are better at treating the virus now than we were in the Spring
2) More of the REPORTED cases are mild or asymptomatic

I have not seen much to indicate we've gotten much better at treating the virus, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, so it appears #2 is true. Either way we can conclude that if we had the testing abilities now in the Spring we would have seen many, many more reported cases. Cases do not tell the story. Deaths correlated with the cases 3-5 weeks before is a better indicator.

Either way, 1,000 a day is nothing to sneeze at. And if we maintain this level of social distancing and discredit mask wearing we are going to have to shut everything down this winter - or just allow 4,000 to 5,000 people a day to die.

Don't forget most of the country was on lockdown in the spring. I say the spike is a combination of better/more testing and people not maintaining social distancing. I like to knock back a few cold ones at my favorite watering hole, but if you pack the place and everyone is maskless (how do you drink beer weaing a mask?), of course the rate is going to go up.

cron912 07-17-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15068245)
I've had to wear a mask and have a mandatory thermal temperature with my picture taken at the front entrance door for every shift at Amazon.

Started with disposable masks everyone has, the white inside blue outside and recently they gave everyone an Amazon logo reusable one that is heavier.

Have you tried any of the tricks to keep your glasses from fogging up?

Use a soft cloth to apply some soapy water to the lenses. Shake the excess liquid off, then let the lenses air dry.

Or try some shaving cream. Just put a dab on each side of the lenses, and use a soft cloth to rub shaving cream in until lenses are clear.

displacedinMN 07-17-2020 11:30 AM

Getting these
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2f0aca7bdc.jpg

Whoarethechefs 07-17-2020 11:38 AM

I bought a few of these - https://robinplacefabrics.com/produc...ll-face-mask-2

Can breathe a lot easier with this compared to others I've worn, and my glasses don't steam up either

saphojunkie 07-17-2020 11:38 AM

Pull your glasses OVER the top of the mask. It won't fog. Counter-intuitive, I know, but it works.

Rain Man 07-17-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoarethechefs (Post 15072041)
I bought a few of these - https://robinplacefabrics.com/produc...ll-face-mask-2

Can breathe a lot easier with this compared to others I've worn, and my glasses don't steam up either

Is that velcro on the back? I'm kind of interested. And how accessible/expensive are the filters?

Chief Roundup 07-17-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15072043)
Pull your glasses OVER the top of the mask. It won't fog. Counter-intuitive, I know, but it works.

Tried that. Doesn't work well with trifocal lenses, not to mention my glasses want to fall off.

ToxSocks 07-17-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15072043)

I wear sunglasses a lot and in the morning they fog up, this is what i do to remedy it.

Works for me, though depending on the mask it may require you to push the glasses further down your nose to be effective. Might not work for some people.

Whoarethechefs 07-17-2020 12:02 PM

yup , velcro

Replacement filters from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-A...0&s=hi&sr=1-12

Bugeater 07-17-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15072050)
Is that velcro on the back? I'm kind of interested. And how accessible/expensive are the filters?

Looks very similar to the one I purchased a while back. Replacement filters a readily available. I like the fact it has the breathing ports, doesnt get as steamy in there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B084T...b_b_asin_image

Dallas Chief 07-17-2020 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The shut down deeply affected our operations so we have pivoted into the mask business. These will be on the market in the next 30 days with a fully US made N95 version out by early Fall. We were forced to use a KN95 because there is very little available production of the N95. We are fixing that by standing up a factory and making them. Several other versions coming out soon as well. Particularly a cloth version that is treated as well that will be good for up to 30 washes/uses.

***Sweepstakes*** First response to my post gets a free box (20) of the KN95 version. ~$80 value! (I will pay for shipping.)

Bugeater 07-17-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 15072157)
The shut down deeply affected our operations so we have pivoted into the mask business. These will be on the market in the next 30 days with a fully US made N95 version out by early Fall. We were forced to use a KN95 because there is very little available production of the N95. We are fixing that by standing up a factory and making them. Several other versions coming out soon as well. Particularly a cloth version that is treated as well that will be good for up to 30 washes/uses.

***Sweepstakes*** First response to my post gets a free box (20) of the KN95 version. ~$80 value! (I will pay for shipping.)

Winner!

Dallas Chief 07-17-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15072218)
Winner!

DM me your address and I'll drop them in priority mail as early as this afternoon! Please let me know what you think of them after using for a while.

Bugeater 07-17-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 15072231)
DM me your address and I'll drop them in priority mail as early as this afternoon! Please let me know what you think of them after using for a while.

Awesome! Will do!

FloridaMan88 07-17-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15070920)

Yeah and masks haven't done jack shit.

There have been mask mandates in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties since early April and that hasn't stopped the spread of the virus.

KS Smitty 07-17-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15072292)

There have been mask mandates in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties since early April and that hasn't stopped the spread of the virus.

The mandates haven't been followed by everyone though. It seems that is what has been and continues to be the main problem, not everyone is going to follow the mandate.

Chief Roundup 07-17-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15072292)

People have to wear them for it to be affective.