ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

Baby Lee 06-06-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12904637)
Love the Sklars, especially Cheap Seats.

They're good in doses, but their podcast is a little much for the frequency they put them out.

Daniel Van Kirk's scouring the world for stupid criminals saves a lot of their content, now making Dumb People Town a better pod than Sklarbro Country.

BucEyedPea 06-06-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12904644)
The pill swap was pretty intense.

Jimmy is well on his way to becoming Saul.

It was. It was also one of the best scenes. Boy was I nervous—over not wanting a criminal to be caught. Hard not to sympathize, with the dude caring about his family getting brought into the business.

BucEyedPea 06-06-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12887136)
Suspension of disbelief.

From what I've read, casting does consider how far out or early an actor can play a role. I know they cast people in their twenties even thirties who are playing someone much younger. I can still enjoy the show, but it crossed my mind frequently, how much older he looks than he should be since it's earlier in time. So much so that I had to go look his age up.

BucEyedPea 06-06-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12879798)
Didn't get into this show initially. But, on a whim decided to check it out on Netflix. Burned through the first 2 season in less than a week and went "Shit....now I have to wait a week between episodes." Great show. Thoroughly enjoying it.

I not only hate waiting a week but a whole year for the next season. Waaaaay too long.

mr. tegu 06-07-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12904599)
Another piece of the Saul Goodman puzzle.

Contrast the clients. The law-abiding business owners who try to gyp [jew?] him out of his commercials even after he comped them the first one, versus the drug dealer who pays cash even after his aims were achieved.

That's a great point. I didn't think of it that way but it definitely fits in well.

notorious 06-07-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12904644)
The pill swap was pretty intense.

Fantastic acting.

DaneMcCloud 06-07-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12906996)
Fantastic acting.

For sure but the score, multiple camera angles and lighting were just as important to the scene.

skybbc 06-08-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12905187)
I not only hate waiting a week but a whole year for the next season. Waaaaay too long.

u are right,buddy,too long time to wiat the new season :deevee:

raybec 4 06-08-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skybbc (Post 12907425)
u are right,buddy,too long time to wiat the new season :deevee:

Oh good another mult.

Baby Lee 06-10-2017 02:06 AM

According to an interview with McKean, the role of Chuck came down to him and Ed Begley Jr.

Discuss.

eDave 06-10-2017 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12910744)
According to an interview with McKean, the role of Chuck came down to him and Ed Begley Jr.

Discuss.

Well I'll say it. I think he would have been better in this role. I can definitely see it.

Taking nothing away from McKeon's performance.

chiefzilla1501 06-10-2017 08:25 AM

What's been great about Better Call Saul is how often they take one scene and draw it out for an eternity. Filming the border crossing in one shot was outstanding. All the scenes where Mike waits are more intense because nothing happens.

This scene reminded me of the firecracker scene from Boogie Nights. It's so long and drawn out and intentionally pokes at the viewer. Awesome episode.

notorious 06-10-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12910822)
What's been great about Better Call Saul is how often they take one scene and draw it out for an eternity. Filming the border crossing in one shot was outstanding. All the scenes where Mike waits are more intense because nothing happens.

This scene reminded me of the firecracker scene from Boogie Nights. It's so long and drawn out and intentionally pokes at the viewer. Awesome episode.

I love that Boogie Nights scene. The insanity is drawn out for so long it create an intensity that's hard to quantify.

Fishpicker 06-10-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12910856)
I love that Boogie Nights scene. The insanity is drawn out for so long it create an intensity that's hard to quantify.

the firecracker scene was insane and the original script was even wilder. the scene didn't end with Rahad pulling out a shottie. it was supposed to end with Rahad shooting an RPG at a police chopper

Livin’ Thing:An Oral History of Boogie Nights

notorious 06-11-2017 01:18 AM

In Episode 1.3 Saul used a pay phone.

Notice the initials written in green?

http://img.looper.com/img/gallery/sm...r-criminal.jpg

Guess who......

https://ramblingsofa20yearold.files....man-bitch2.gif