ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-05-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13660890)
That sounds pretty easy. Does Ford get a say in how friendly the contact is?

As SNR has pointed out, it's not as much about production as the reality that we have a bunch of money already tied up at OLB and we have a number of big contracts coming up. Giving Ford a contract that lasts more than 2 years(which he certainly would want) is going to really handcuff us.

I guess short-term if we can afford to give him 15 million under the franchise tag so-be-it. I don't see that being realistic though but I'd have to see what we are working with next year and who needs to be signed. In the salary cap era you have to pick and choose where the money goes. Can't keep all your talent. In this case we might just need to hope that Speaks and/or Kpass work out.

I'm guessing you overlooked the most important part of my comment which was "trade his ass"

Hammock Parties 08-05-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13660815)
Damn the depth at Dend is awful

The defense is going to be bottom 5 against the run, especially if Berry is 85% of what he used to be.

Mahomes is going to need to be 1984 Dan Marino good for this team to go back to the playoffs.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 13660830)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aaron Rodgers intercepted again by Ha Ha Clinton-Dix during a team period. This is Rodgers’ second practice with three interceptions. He’s been picked seven times. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Packers</a></p>&mdash; Michael Cohen (@Michael_Cohen13) <a href="https://twitter.com/Michael_Cohen13/status/1023994960843075584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2018</a></blockquote>

Someone tell Adam Teicher so he can write another shit article for ESPN.

Aaron Rodgers had the highest interception percentage of his career last season and his lowest yards per completion ever.

He might be about to fall off a cliff. It happens.

saphojunkie 08-05-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13660980)
The defense is going to be bottom 5 against the run, especially if Berry is 85% of what he used to be.

Mahomes is going to need to be 1984 Dan Marino good for this team to go back to the playoffs.

5-6 new starters on defense.

Titty Meat 08-05-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

That depends. If the NT from FSU is good, Jones , and Bailey lol stay healthy your looking at a good dline with Ragland and Hitchens at ILB thats pretty damn good. Any of them get hurt yeah were ****ed. I dont think our secondary is that good but Houston, Ford, Speaks and Tanoh can provide enough to cover that blemish. A good example is Pittsburgh. I cant remember the last time they had a good secondary.

Im in the minority when it comes to the offense. Pat will struggle at times like every young QB does unless Andy knows when to pull back like Seattle did with Wilson.

Anyway I look at this roster and think this isnt the year they go far but its not about this year. Give Veach a year to find a starting corner and depth on the dline.

Titty Meat 08-05-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13660885)
I have long professed that Veach needs to add a good D End and another CB. And then let Mahomes sink or swim.

See I agree with you on the first 2 but we dont need to let Pat sink or swim this season. The talent is absolutely there give him time to fix some wrinkles.

I dont think it helps as pointed out 5 or 6 new starters on defense. That first part of the schedule is tough. Manage expectations folks it will come.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13660993)
5-6 new starters on defense.

Well yeah but I'm dubious on all of these guys:

Xavier Williams
Allen Bailey
Dee Ford
Daniel Sorensen
Reggie Ragland

Hitchens is a nice signing but it feels like they just grabbed a guy who is 80% of what DJ was a few years ago.

I'm not sure any of those guys are starting-level NFL players, and Berry isn't going to be Superman this year to save their ass.

This defense needs Nnandi and Speaks to pan out fast before it can take the next step, and that won't be until next year at the earliest.

This team needs to score a lot of points, make teams pass, and let Houston, Jones and Fuller make game-changing plays in pass defense.

KChiefs1 08-05-2018 11:45 PM

I had a friend who went to St Joe this weekend tell me it was difficult to get used to seeing #23 being good on defense.

Buckweath 08-06-2018 06:18 AM

The defense keeps being underrated by many fans apparently.

The Chargers are being talked as having a great defense and their fans think their defense is the greatest thing ever but at this point in time, with the loss of Verrett, I am not even sure their defense is any better than the Chiefs'.

I like the Chiefs front seven better and if Amerson and Nelson are anywhere close to being as good as they are showing up at camp, there shouldn't be that much that separates both secondary.

Titty Meat 08-06-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13661126)

The Chargers are being talked as having a great defense and their fans think their defense is the greatest thing ever but at this point in time, with the loss of Verrett, I am not even sure their defense is any better than the Chiefs'.

I like the Chiefs front seven better and if Amerson and Nelson are anywhere close to being as good as they are showing up at camp, there shouldn't be that much that separates both secondary.

You're joking right?

mcaj22 08-06-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13661126)

Joey Bosa alone makes their front 7 better come on.

And if you disagree, if you put all the players on the Chiefs and Chargers defenses into a pool to select from who are you picking first to build a defense? Joey Bosa is the answer.

stumppy 08-06-2018 07:41 AM

Yesssss, Hitchens is back.

Bob Dole 08-06-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

And Geno is a future HOF guy...

Danguardace 08-06-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 13660279)
How to get immediate separation

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">�� <a href="https://t.co/u489ckeUfa">pic.twitter.com/u489ckeUfa</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1026109617468780544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

His contract is going to be interesting

staylor26 08-06-2018 08:24 AM

Steven Nelson having another great day with a pick 6.