ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311616)

cosmo20002 02-13-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13415546)
I'd be all about adding Volquez or Vargas on cheap "show-me" deals as well. Jeeze, If either Soler or Mondesi could reach their potential, suddenly that lineup looks far better than it did at the beginning of the offseason.

Whit
Lomo
Salvy
Moose
Boni
Gordo
Soler
Mondesi
Esky

Volquez had TJ surgery near the end of last season.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-13-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13415704)

Also Gordo needs eyeglasses

cosmo20002 02-13-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13415680)
It was well know that Hosmer was the reason Danny Valencia got traded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13415693)
Brett Eibner?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13415695)
There you go

:rolleyes:
Ridiculous.

You really think Dayton Moore made moves based on Hosmer liking someone? If those guys being dicks in the clubhouse played a part in moving them, then Moore came to that decision on his own, probably with input from Ned, not because Hosmer told him to.

SAUTO 02-13-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13415719)
:rolleyes:
Ridiculous.

You really think Dayton Moore made moves based on Hosmer liking someone? If those guys being dicks in the clubhouse played a part in moving them, then Moore came to that decision on his own, probably with input from Ned, not because Hosmer told him to.

ROFL ok
Just because you don't know doesn't mean it isn't so.

You probably told me the rams were staying in stl. Over 10 years ago too. .:rolleyes:

cosmo20002 02-13-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13415718)
Also Gordo needs eyeglasses

Back when Alex first started sucking, I said that I thought he needed LASIK.
Unfortunately, if that was the issue, I assume he would have addressed it by now.

Chiefspants 02-13-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13415704)

I'm aware. Give him a 2 year "show me" deal like Hoch and see how it goes. He's loved in the clubhouse and at this point, let's see how it goes!

Chiefspants 02-13-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13415680)
It was well know that Hosmer was the reason Danny Valencia got traded.

Not in the way most think. Hos and Valencia were actually super close...

And word was Valencia's epic douchebaggery was influencing Hos in the wrong ways. I.E. bullying Billy, not respecting "the process", etc.

WhawhaWhat 02-13-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13415745)
Not in the way most think. Hos and Valencia were actually super close...

And word was Valencia's epic douchebaggery was influencing Hos in the wrong ways. I.E. bullying Billy, not respecting "the process", etc.

I thought I remembered Valencia getting blackballed from the team after he told the media about the team boycotting 810 because Hosmer and Dyson couldn't get in to an 810 Zone to see a Mayweather fight. They they traded him a month or so later.

Chiefspants 02-13-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13415761)
I thought I remembered Valencia getting blackballed from the team after he told the media about the team boycotting 810 because Hosmer and Dyson couldn't get in to an 810 Zone to see a Mayweather fight. They they traded him a month or so later.

I would think Hos was on Valencia's side on that one. All indicators are that Hos had/has a big bromance with Valencia.

This was right after Valencia gave Billy a concussion...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don&#39;t understand all the negativity towards Danny Valencia. One of the better teammates/friends I&#39;ve had in this game.</p>&mdash; Eric Hosmer (@TheRealHos35) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealHos35/status/767557546915819521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hos made a choice here to defend one of the most reviled players in the MLB (both by FO's and by fans) instead of Billy - a teammate he had for years. This is while Billy was still relatively high regard by the KC community.

The word was that GMDM was concerned about the effects Valencia was having on Hosmer (they were both Miami guys and had an instant friendship). I could be wrong, but the story that Hosmer demanded Valencia to be traded is a complete 180 from what everything I heard before.

Sure-Oz 02-13-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13415792)
I would think Hos was on Valencia's side on that one. All indicators are that Hos had/has a big bromance with Valencia.

This was right after Valencia gave Billy a concussion...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don&#39;t understand all the negativity towards Danny Valencia. One of the better teammates/friends I&#39;ve had in this game.</p>— Eric Hosmer (@TheRealHos35) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealHos35/status/767557546915819521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hos made a choice here to defend one of the most reviled players in the MLB (both by FO's and by fans) instead of Billy - a teammate he had for years. This is while Billy was still relatively high regard by the KC community.

The word was that GMDM was concerned about the effects Valencia was having on Hosmer (they were both Miami guys and had an instant friendship). I could be wrong, but the story that Hosmer demanded Valencia to be traded is a complete 180 from what everything I heard before.

Did anyone like Billy besides Gordon?

Prison Bitch 02-13-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13415649)
He doesn't strike me as the kind of player that has reached the status of being able to demand roster changes.

I'd have a hard time making a guy like Hosmer more comfortable. I'd probably just trade him instead.

Hosmer has earned near unlimited equity with our franchise, i.e. DM, for what he's done here. He's been involved in so many huge moments that if he wants a Shithead gone, then the Shithead be gone.

The triple vs Oak in the WC game, the winner game 2 vs ANA in extras, the ASG HR/MVP, the gold gloves, the 2-run HR game 4 vs Hou, the mad dash in the WS clincher. He's done more for the fans than no-names could ever dream of.

The triple vs Oakland is probably the single best AB I've seen in 35 years of watching the Royals.

Prison Bitch 02-13-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13415836)
Did anyone like Billy besides Gordon?

His agent.

Chiefspants 02-13-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13415847)
The triple vs Oakland is probably the single best AB I've seen in 35 years of watching the Royals.

His AB against Lester in the 8th was every bit as good imo.

Chiefspants 02-13-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13415682)
You know Volquez is out for 2018, right?

Oh yeah. Seems like a typical GMDM buy low move, though.

SAUTO 02-13-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13415847)
Hosmer has earned near unlimited equity with our franchise, i.e. DM, for what he's done here. He's been involved in so many huge moments that if he wants a Shithead gone, then the Shithead be gone.

The triple vs Oak in the WC game, the winner game 2 vs ANA in extras, the ASG HR/MVP, the gold gloves, the 2-run HR game 4 vs Hou, the mad dash in the WS clincher. He's done more for the fans than no-names could ever dream of.

Ok. Then why doubt me then? ****er