ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321485)

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 12:00 PM

Danielle Hunter, Buckner, Leonard, and Adams that is a stud core of defenders

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14130137)
Danielle Hunter, Buckner, Leonard, and Adams that is a stud core of defenders

I had a tough choice to make there with James vs. Adams. Ultimately I decided that James is just a little better in coverage and just a little more athletic so to be able to slot that kind of playmaking ability into the SS slot was just rare enough that I preferred him.

Adams is to best pure SS in the league right now, IMO. James, OTOH, is a unicorn with a SS designation.

It'll be interesting to see if we can really win with defense in this league. Clearly we've both given it our best shot thus far.

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14130149)
I had a tough choice to make there with James vs. Adams. Ultimately I decided that James is just a little better in coverage and just a little more athletic so to be able to slot that kind of playmaking ability into the SS slot was just rare enough that I preferred him.

Adams is to best pure SS in the league right now, IMO. James, OTOH, is a unicorn with a SS designation.

It'll be interesting to see if we can really win with defense in this league. Clearly we've both given it our best shot thus far.

I figured the slot id be picking in that offense would go before defense and I assumed right

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 12:20 PM

It will be interesting to see how the simulator views Tannehill. If hes good DJ has a championship team. If not you're probably the 2013-2016 Chiefs

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 12:26 PM

He has a relatively high interception percentage and low YPA, and his sack percentage is dreadful.

He won't be good.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14130190)
He has a relatively high interception percentage and low YPA, and his sack percentage is dreadful.

He won't be good.

I'm going to face **** your team

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14130190)

He won't be good.

No he will not be. And he'll be hurt down the stretch.

I wonder how well I can expect "street free agent" to close the season...

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14130206)
No he will not be. And he'll be hurt down the stretch.

I wonder how well I can expect "street free agent" to close the season...

When you come calling for Brian Hoyer I'll be there to answer

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14130196)
I'm going to face **** your team

I was 29-3 in previous sandbox incarnations.

You are dead meat, kiddo.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14130231)
I was 29-3 in previous sandbox incarnations.

You are dead meat, kiddo.

What was your playoff record Marty?

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14130257)
What was your playoff record Marty?

You're gonna have to give him a minute. He just threw his laptop and is openly weeping.

I'm pretty sure I knocked him off that year he went 15-1. He was...not pleased.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14130274)
You're gonna have to give him a minute. He just threw his laptop and is openly weeping.

I'm pretty sure I knocked him off that year he went 15-1. He was...not pleased.

LMAO

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14130310)
LMAO

The best was 2013

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...andbox&page=18

This is around when the season starts and you can just see him puffing out his chest. By God, THIS was the year that his Tom Brady led juggernaut would get revenge on Anchorage for stopping his powerhouse the year before....

And then Anchorage gets him AGAIN. It's amazing.

Here was the original Anchorage defeat.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...andbox&page=35

I truly hope Clay's team is amazing because the most enjoyable part of that league was watching him run roughshod through the regular season only to Marty it up every year.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 01:20 PM

It was so awful because I swept his ass in the regular season.

SO AWFUL.

lewdog 03-01-2019 01:25 PM

Get your bathroom breaks timed right to draft Virus!!!

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 9888594)
This is ****ing BULLSHIT.

I run roughshod over these assholes for 400 yards in the regular season and get shut down for 2.86 yards per carry tonight?

I HATE SANDBOX SIMULATIONS

LMAO LMAO LMAO

brorth 03-01-2019 01:49 PM

What a stroll down memory lane... I forgot that both finals teams were 9-7. Richard Sherman was worth every. single. dollar. lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14130327)
The best was 2013

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...andbox&page=18

This is around when the season starts and you can just see him puffing out his chest. By God, THIS was the year that his Tom Brady led juggernaut would get revenge on Anchorage for stopping his powerhouse the year before....

And then Anchorage gets him AGAIN. It's amazing.

Here was the original Anchorage defeat.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...andbox&page=35

I truly hope Clay's team is amazing because the most enjoyable part of that league was watching him run roughshod through the regular season only to Marty it up every year.

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14130331)
It was so awful because I swept his ass in the regular season.

SO AWFUL.

no, something happened between regular season and the playoffs. I dominated on offense all year long then only put up 9 points in the playoff game at home

ThaVirus 03-01-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14130370)
no, something happened between regular season and the playoffs. I dominated on offense all year long then only put up 9 points in the playoff game at home

That’s honestly how it goes a lot of times in the playoffs, though, so that’s pretty realistic.

They ran some crazy stat that Bobby Wagner didn’t miss a single tackle the entire regular season. That’s insane. But they lost any chance of winning their playoff game after a missed tackle by Wags on Dak led to Dallas’ game-clinching TD.

The Colts had a great offensive line coming into Arrowhead, but the Chiefs pass rush kicked their shit in.

The Ravens ran at will on pretty much everyone, but come playoff time the Chargers put the cuffs on their running game.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 02:14 PM

Gameplanning makes a huge difference.

lostcause suckered me with a fool's gold gameplan in Week 17...he effectively threw the game to make me run a similar gameplan in the playoffs....and while it wasn't the SAME gameplan, it was close enough that his adjustments completely ****ed me.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 03:35 PM

Hey Austin,

Sent you a trade offer for a short trade down from ya. I sent it on the sandbox site as well so if you're interested, accept it there and lemme know...

carlos3652 03-01-2019 03:40 PM

Also - wasnt there a rule that players would be available for the playoffs only if they played in game 16 of the year?

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 14130616)
Also - wasnt there a rule that players would be available for the playoffs only if they played in game 16 of the year?

I believe it's randomly calculated.

Unless they actually did play in the playoffs. Then they are automatically in.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14130636)
I believe it's randomly calculated.

Unless they actually did play in the playoffs. Then they are automatically in.

Correct.

It puts people who have guys playing on non-playoff teams in a bit of a shitty spot because it means those players probably get shut down anyway when they'd have probably played with the playoffs on the line (or would've played had their teams gotten there).

But them's the breaks.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 03:56 PM

I think it's determined by how many games they played in the regular season though.

If you play 15/16 games in the regular season, pretty high chance you're gonna be available for the playoffs.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 04:00 PM

I did a quick look over regarding 'unused salary points' and couldn't find the rules on it.

My memory is that we get a 50% penalty on any unused points and they carry into the following season. Is that anyone else's recollection? I wonder if that applies to the 'initial draft' money; can it then carry over into FA this season?

wheeler08 03-01-2019 04:41 PM

So I was thinking about people getting pissed that their draft pick is in the middle of the work day and I feel bad for them cuz this is a weird setup. And some nights I’m not going to want to stay up till midnight to see if I’m going to have a pick
So what if for future drafts, cuz this is just to help league, what if you kept the hour and no one could pick next until that hour was up. And you could have a set 8-12 time frame scheduled so that you knew exactly when it was your hour to pick and you could plan accordingly. I’m mean we’re all in a rush cuz we have no life, but really this is supposed to take a month. If it took 3 days, what would we do with all the extra time?

Just a thought

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 04:45 PM

Relatively minor trade announcement; CoCards move up to 89 from 91 for a swap of late round picks.

CoCards select....{goes to google to look up}

Yannick Ngakoue

Probably didn't need to trade up for him but he was a guy I really wanted to get ahold of to pair with Myles Garrett. That's a lot of QB pressures from a couple of damn young DEs.

I'm comin' for ya, Russ...

wheeler08 03-01-2019 04:45 PM

My wife really hates this league too. I got so obsessed with fantasy football this past year cuz I only lost 1 game all year and it was the best year I’d ever had (thanks Pat) and it was a $600 to win league. I got to the championship and Gurley ****ing takes a knee. I said then that I might not even play next year. Then this came along and now instead of 3 hours of drafting I’m spending a whole month!! Lol. ****ing Chiefsplanet she says. Lol

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14130747)
Relatively minor trade announcement; CoCards move up to 89 from 91 for a swap of late round picks.

Yannick Ngakoue

Probably didn't need to trade up for him but he was a guy I really wanted to get ahold of to pair with Myles Garrett. That's a lot of QB pressures from a couple of damn young DEs.

Russ doesn't run from pressure he welcomes it

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14130757)
Russ doesn't run from pressure he welcomes it

Russ was sacked 51 times.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14130764)
Russ was sacked 51 times.

You worry about underperforming in the playoffs and leave my champion QB alone.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 05:08 PM

Alex Smith isn't walking through that door.

wheeler08 03-01-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14130780)
Alex Smith isn't walking through that door.

I don’t think he’s walking through any doors these days....

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14130747)

Yannick Ngakoue

I hate you, I was hoping he would keep falling

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14130788)
I hate you, I was hoping he would keep falling

He was the last true difference maker I saw at DE4. That's why I made the trade-up to grab him.

Had I not traded into that spot in the trade with Billay I think you'd have been ahead of me this round so once again, that deal paid off nicely for me.

ThaVirus 03-01-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14130736)
So I was thinking about people getting pissed that their draft pick is in the middle of the work day and I feel bad for them cuz this is a weird setup. And some nights I’m not going to want to stay up till midnight to see if I’m going to have a pick
So what if for future drafts, cuz this is just to help league, what if you kept the hour and no one could pick next until that hour was up. And you could have a set 8-12 time frame scheduled so that you knew exactly when it was your hour to pick and you could plan accordingly. I’m mean we’re all in a rush cuz we have no life, but really this is supposed to take a month. If it took 3 days, what would we do with all the extra time?

Just a thought

It seems like I'm the only one with the issue so I don't think it warrants making a big change.

BUT, I'm not going to deal with you guys bitching about me cancelling my auto draft in the hopes that I'll actually be able to make my pick, only to be stymied by early-AF pick times during the work week. If the software was predictive or fluid enough to understand my thoughts I'd be more inclined to set up the auto feature.

It took Pat Peterson for me with my first pick. Not ideal but OK, I can deal with that. Then it immediately turned around and picked another CB. A trash corner... come on lol

I hate to cite Madden so much because it's a shit game but their CPU drafing actually does a decent job. It would have picked another premium position after going CB with the 1st pick... whatevs. Just something cdcox could take a look at.

cdcox 03-01-2019 06:34 PM

Just my two cents on the length of time between picks.

1. I spent a good hour and a half last night, sorting through players to get 20 on my draft board so I would be covered to make picks while I was at work. With 30 minute picks I would have needed many more players. I would honestly have a hard time keeping up.

2. What's the hurry? Drafting is an engaging part of the game. If we rush through it there will be longer gaps between game activity. I suggest adopting a mindset of savor the fun of carefully considering each pick.

Not to say improvements in notifying or timing couldn't be beneficial. I just am not in any kind of hurry to do all my picks in a few days.

lewdog 03-01-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14130864)

1. I spent a good hour and a half last night, sorting through players to get 20 on my draft board so I would be covered to make picks while I was at work. With 30 minute picks I would have needed many more players. I would honestly have a hard time keeping up.

2. What's the hurry? Drafting is an engaging part of the game. If we rush through it there will be longer gaps between game activity. I suggest adopting a mindset of savor the fun of carefully considering each pick.

Not to say improvements in notifying or timing couldn't be beneficial. I just am not in any kind of hurry to do all my picks in a few days.

I agree 100% with this post. You only draft like this once. It can take time and be meaningful. I’ve not had to auto pick, even while working. I like this format.

Rain Man 03-01-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14130864)

That's a really convincing argument. I actually think this is the most fun part of the game.

Rain Man 03-01-2019 06:50 PM

I've got 7 players on my must-get list. I'm picking 21 spots from now. How many of those 7 will be on the board when I get to pick? I'm quivering with excitement.

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 06:54 PM

I'm Sugarland Headhunters if someone wants to trade down let me know

MagicHef 03-01-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14130886)
I've got 7 players on my must-get list. I'm picking 21 spots from now. How many of those 7 will be on the board when I get to pick? I'm quivering with excitement.

If it's anything like my draft board has been, zero.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 07:39 PM

I'm tryna move up a few spots

CoMoChief 03-01-2019 08:18 PM

2nd god damn time ****ass from Lawrence took my pick right before my selection.

Next time he's gonna get a knockin on his front door lol.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 08:23 PM

2 stud corners an elite defensive tackle paired with Ngata nobody is gonna run up the middle on us. Enjoy our 10-6 games DJ

CoMoChief 03-01-2019 08:45 PM

The ones who got solid starters from initial auto fill are going to benefit the most. I didn't get one starter, or any role players worth a shit. Others are getting players like Talib, Dee Ford. How's that even remotely fair?

****in bullshit. Yes I'm bitter as **** about it. I didn't get jack shit.

Blaine Gabbert
Vinny Curry
Jordan Reed
Chance Warmack
84 yr old Brandon ****ing Marshall.

**** that shit man.

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14130988)
The ones who got solid starters from initial auto fill are going to benefit the most. I didn't get one starter, or any role players worth a shit. Others are getting players like Talib, Dee Ford. How's that even remotely fair?

****in bullshit. Yes I'm bitter as **** about it. I didn't get jack shit.

Blaine Gabbert
Vinny Curry
Jordan Reed
Chance Warmack
84 yr old Brandon ****ing Marshall.

**** that shit man.

Dude me too man, I don't even know how a guy like Dee Ford is not in the main draft

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 09:06 PM

Who cares quit bitching

cdcox 03-01-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14131018)
Dude me too man, I don't even know how a guy like Dee Ford is not in the main draft

Ford was a 100% mistake on my part. I think I came up with a decent formula for sorting out the stars, but a few gems like Bosa (injured most of the year) slipped through. I don't think I got anything other than a role player in my draft.

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14131048)
Ford was a 100% mistake on my part. I think I came up with a decent formula for sorting out the stars, but a few gems like Bosa (injured most of the year) slipped through. I don't think I got anything other than a role player in my draft.

Like I said I'm only butthurt because it didn't benefit me lol I'm not mad at you

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 09:27 PM

Interested in moving up from 136.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14131056)

I'm at 121 whatcha got for me daddy?

wheeler08 03-01-2019 09:35 PM

That Dick that got Bosa even got Earl Thomas...and Alex Smith!

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14131060)
I'm at 121 whatcha got for me daddy?

i don't think that's far enough but we'll see

TambaBerry 03-01-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14131063)
i don't think that's far enough but we'll see

PM who you want and if he's at my spot we could talk

Rain Man 03-01-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14130886)

I expanded my must-get list to 9, and 2 of them are gone now. 11 picks to go.

Rain Man 03-01-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14131056)

I'm at 118 if you want to throw me an offer.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14131061)
That Dick that got Bosa even got Earl Thomas...and Alex Smith!

Can any of those guys throw on slay and ramsey?

DJ's left nut 03-01-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelangelo (Post 14127259)
$29 down, $999,971 to go.

Doesn't look like you can get PMs but I sent you a de minimis trade offer to kinda work on the fringes of the roster.

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14131084)
Doesn't look like you can get PMs but I sent you a de minimis trade offer to kinda work on the fringes of the roster.

Go to bed please.

CoMoChief 03-01-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14131024)
Who cares quit bitching

I care...and you can go **** yourself

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14131073)
I'm at 118 if you want to throw me an offer.

Sent.

rtmike 03-01-2019 10:40 PM

I’ll be ready to claim whoever’s team that the owner has give up on, lol.

I’d be in this league if it wasn’t for the registration email being lost, lol.

Rain Man 03-01-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14131097)
Sent.

That's a fair offer, but at the moment it's not enough to divert me from my plan. I'll see who's available when the pick gets closer, and I'll let you know if I ponder a counteroffer.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14131104)
That's a fair offer, but at the moment it's not enough to divert me from my plan. I'll see who's available when the pick gets closer, and I'll let you know if I ponder a counteroffer.

Sounds good.

https://i.imgur.com/RsZVYfZ.png

Titty Meat 03-01-2019 11:02 PM

Clay knows I'm coming for that ass hes in desperation mode

Hammock Parties 03-01-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14131119)
Clay knows I'm coming for that ass hes in desperation mode

You won't even make it out of the Solar with your complete lack of offensive skill positions.

Wilson may break the Sandbox sack record.

carlos3652 03-02-2019 12:34 AM

I just checked out my schedule - I play 5 of the first 7 games on the road... are we sure that my 2 home games arent played in London or in Mexico at this rate? :P

Titty Meat 03-02-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14131124)
You won't even make it out of the Solar with your complete lack of offensive skill positions.

You said that about the team you lost to heading into the playoffs you cuck

Hammock Parties 03-02-2019 09:16 AM

Denver....we trading?

Hammock Parties 03-02-2019 09:18 AM

Eh, nah

Rain Man 03-02-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14131268)
Denver....we trading?

I think I'll stay where I'm at, even though Zack Martin was ruthlessly stolen from me. But thanks anyway.

carlos3652 03-02-2019 10:12 AM

Is their trades available to move up into the 118-120 range?

Rain Man 03-02-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 14131328)
Is their trades available to move up into the 118-120 range?

Not any more.

The Ermines complete our bookend offensive tackle set by selecting Lane Johnson. He and Taylor Lewan will keep Matthew Stafford's uniform clean while he's launching bombs.

wheeler08 03-02-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14131338)
Not any more.

The Ermines complete our bookend offensive tackle set by selecting Lane Johnson. He and Taylor Lewan will keep Matthew Stafford's uniform clean while he's launching bombs.

That’s why Grady Jarrett is going to come up the middle!

TambaBerry 03-02-2019 10:35 AM

Reed and Buckner will just destroy your interior

Rain Man 03-02-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14131350)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14131351)
Reed and Buckner will just destroy your interior

Once Forrest Lamp is out of his hospital bed, he's going to lock the middle down. Your teams will be forced to repeatedly watch us do the Weasel War Dance in the end zone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uZOjwzInj2g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut 03-02-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14131124)

Terrell Suggs, Myles Garrett, Yannick Ngakoue and now Kenny Clark playing the 1-tech to boot.

I'll get shut out 6 times this year but I'm coming downhill at all these MFing quarterbacks in my division.

My greatest regret is that I can't injure any of them. Stupid simulation rules...

DJ's left nut 03-02-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14131350)

Came down to Clark or Jarrett for me and in the end Clark's a little younger and a little more powerful while being a comparable rusher. I don't think you could go wrong either way, though.