ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tamba Hali is upset (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308882)

DaneMcCloud 07-26-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12975941)
Not really any of your business to be honest. You don't know as much as you think you know about people on this board. You project and assume to fit your agenda.

Agenda?

And I feel for Buehler.

Good grief.

Reerun_KC 07-26-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12975955)
Agenda?

And I feel for Buehler.

Good grief.

They are hard working, great folks. I have much respect for Buehler and his family... You won't find more genuine people.

I do appreciate your concern though.

PAChiefsGuy 07-26-2017 11:20 PM

I think it is hard for Tamba to understand why players don't work as hard as he does. He just doesn't get why guys don't give their heart and soul to the game and the team. It's one of the reasons Tony Dungy said Peyton Manning would never make a good coach. He'd be too unforgiving on guys for not studying and working as hard as he did and picking up the plays as easily as he did. He'd end up wanting to cut everyone. Lol.

To some players, I'd actually say most, football is just a job. They don't have much passion other than the paycheck and trying to win on Sunday because of trash talk. Guys like Tamba football is more than that. Football got Tamba out of a very bad situation. It's pretty much everything to him. He probably takes losses harder than anyone on the team and therefore wants to play badly.

Maybe I am why off but that's how I took some of Tambas comments.

He definitely shouldn't have went to Twitter to say those things but hey I'm glad he said it. That's what leaders do, they call people out for not giving their all. Ray Lewis was a master at it. I see Brady get furious with himself and players all the time. Not that Tamba is the leader of this team, from what I understand Tamba is a really quiet guy. This is totally uncharacteristic of him which tells me he must have been really pissed. I'm sure there are other issues this was just what set it to the boiling point.

Nickhead 07-27-2017 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12975995)
I think it is hard for Tamba to understand why players don't work as hard as he does. He just doesn't get why guys don't give their heart and soul to the game and the team. It's one of the reasons Tony Dungy said Peyton Manning would never make a good coach. He'd be too unforgiving on guys for not studying and working as hard as he did and picking up the plays as easily as he did. He'd end up wanting to cut everyone. Lol.

To some players, I'd actually say most, football is just a job. They don't have much passion other than the paycheck and trying to win on Sunday because of trash talk. Guys like Tamba football is more than that. Football got Tamba out of a very bad situation. It's pretty much everything to him. He probably takes losses harder than anyone on the team and therefore wants to play badly.

Maybe I am why off but that's how I took some of Tambas comments.

He definitely shouldn't have went to Twitter to say those things but hey I'm glad he said it. That's what leaders do, they call people out for not giving their all. Ray Lewis was a master at it. I see Brady get furious with himself and players all the time. Not that Tamba is the leader of this team, from what I understand Tamba is a really quiet guy. This is totally uncharacteristic of him which tells me he must have been really pissed. I'm sure there are other issues this was just what set it to the boiling point.

i feel like tamba every day at my job. it's old school values versus new school priorities. :D

Rasputin 07-27-2017 03:53 AM

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on I always say.

He can get glad in the same pants he got mad in Grandma always said.

Nickhead 07-27-2017 11:22 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2UDRrjJWDek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimeForWasp 07-28-2017 03:52 AM

Nothing at all wrong with that comment.

RunKC 07-28-2017 10:19 PM

Tamba bitches about players not showing up for practice and what does he do?

I shit you not...he was on a golf cart talking to a Chiefs intern on his instagram live snap chat feature.

FFS

thabear04 07-29-2017 08:43 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tamba Hali to start training camp on PUP list <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/XuwKaHKk9W">https://t.co/XuwKaHKk9W</a> <a href="https://t.co/GaxW7JciD3">pic.twitter.com/GaxW7JciD3</a></p>&mdash; Chiefs Report (@chiefs_fanly) <a href="https://twitter.com/chiefs_fanly/status/891306483069091841">July 29, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lewdog 07-29-2017 02:05 PM

Just cut him and get it over with.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12979761)

The Chiefs can't cut him. $9.2 million would accelerate towards the cap, leaving them less than $2 million. If any players were injured, they wouldn't have enough money to sign but maybe one player.

Unless some team trades for Hali, he's a Chief in 2017.

Rasputin 07-29-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12979761)

You cannot cut Tamba Hali he would eat the blade and shit it out and serve it back to you on a platter.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-29-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12979772)
You cannot cut Tamba Hali he would eat the blade and shit it out and serve it back to you on a platter.

LMAO

Hali, executing the perfect bendover maneuver on cHunt.

BlackHelicopters 07-29-2017 03:53 PM

The NFL is a business. Hali must have forgotten this. He is no longer needed because his cost isn't offset by profit. See ya Tamba.

Otter 07-29-2017 04:11 PM

Well, that was an interesting read. Wonder what the hell set him off and why he handled it the way he did.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-29-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 12979911)
Well, that was an interesting read. Wonder what the hell set him off and why he handled it the way he did.

The simplest explanation is that he feels like he's being pushed out when he still has the ability to compete at a high level.
And though he's praised Ford all over the place, he probably considers himself to be Ford's superior still at this point.

Chief Northman 07-29-2017 06:15 PM

Christ will all you bleeding vaginas just stop already?

He started last season on the PUP as well. "Precautionary".

loochy 07-29-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12980108)

but hey, he never misses practice though, right?

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12980108)

It's clear that irony is a concept that you fail to understand

Chief Northman 07-29-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 12980117)
but hey, he never misses practice though, right?

He's there. Working out under the supervision of the training staff. What the **** you want him to do?

Chief Northman 07-29-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12980120)
It's clear that irony is a concept that you fail to understand

And you continue to shit on an eventual ring of honour player because of a few things he said on twitter.

He is still an effective player who makes this team better. This cannot be argued.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12980141)
And you continue to shit on an eventual ring of honour player because of a few things he said on twitter.

He is still an effective player who makes this team better. This cannot be argued.

Good god

:facepalm:

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-29-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12980141)

Stop spelling "honor" like a goddamned Englishman. :D

Chief Northman 07-29-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12980155)
Stop spelling "honor" like a goddamned Englishman. :D

Heh.

Chief Northman 07-29-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12980148)
Good god

:facepalm:

Not sure why the facepalm.

Few had anything negative to say about Hali as a Chief ahead of this recent Twitter episode. Yes he is declining and there are better contracts on the roster, but until Houston proves he is not a band-aid and that Ford can be an every down player, Hali is more than just insurance.