ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261629)

Sofa King 10-05-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8978914)
Sofa made a suggestion to stick this thread and the future Pioli thread for new visitors to be able to quickly discern why we are doing what we are doing. The mods agree that sticking this thread is a good idea on a short term basis. This is the only one we are going to stick though. An update to the thread title with an addition of the Pioli google docs would be a great idea, but I'll leave all of that up to the OP who has definitely earned the right to determine how this whole thing is advertised here. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I'd like to thank the mods for listening to the voice of the people. Now if only Clark Hunt would do the same.

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8976307)
I've been commissioned to draft another document detailing our desire to secede from the State of Pioli in which we now live.

Anyone got suggestions for another historical document/speech with which to frame the evidence?

Yes it should be like the Warren Commission. It affirms that Pioli was the one who killed the franchise.

New World Order 10-05-2012 03:49 PM

It's a sticky! CR's work has finally paid off, he should demand many apologies on this board for trying to preach the good word. He is the site's savior

Hammock Parties 10-05-2012 04:42 PM

And you'll never have to.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TGZt0CsrKRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_Tomahawk 10-05-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8977484)
Just a great screenshot, of the Mayor of Pussytown.

http://i.imgur.com/fAHuY.jpg

Do Daboll and Cassel practice that face or something...?

Hammock Parties 10-05-2012 07:32 PM

Cliff notes for any media, fans or disgruntled team members viewing the thread. Scott, we know you already know this shit...actually, you may be ignorant, to be honest.

Quote:

In an NFL that is classified as a passing first league, he is 3-18 when we put the ball in the air more than we run it.

Cassel has a career winning percentage of .1875 against playoff teams (3-13), and is 1-9 as Chiefs quarterback.

Against playoff teams, for his Chiefs career, Cassel averages 148.5 yards passing per game.

Cassel has a career winning percentage of 0.277 against winning teams (5-13). He is 2-8 as Chiefs quarterback against winning teams.

During Matt Cassel's BEST SEASON (2010) he posted a lower deep completion percentage than 2011 Tim Tebow. He has completed 25.7 percent of his passes over 20 yards for his career.

During 2008, Cassel was sacked once every 11 pass attempts. Behind the exact same line Tom Brady was sacked once every 35 attempts. Cassel was also sacked once every 12 attempts behind the 5th rated pass blocking line in Kansas City.

Cassel has a 5-8 record against top 10 defenses and averages 189 yards per game with a TD/INT ratio of 10/13. His teams average 16.6 offensive points per game. His Chiefs teams average 12 offensive points per game.

Cassel has a 4-14 record against Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford. In these 18 games, his teams have averaged 16 offensive points per game.

As Chiefs starter, Cassel is 0-17 against teams that score more than 24 points.

As a Chief, in games where Cassel's team rushes for less than 135 yards he is 5-18. In the five wins, Cassel's defense holds the opposition to an average of 15.4 points.

CoMoChief 10-05-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8980522)
Cliff notes for any media, fans or disgruntled team members viewing the thread. Scott, we know you already know this shit...actually, you may be ignorant, to be honest.

basically in a nutshell Cassel can't keep up with the good QB's in the NFL that are able to orchestrate points for an offense.

lazepoo 10-06-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8976307)
I've been commissioned to draft another document detailing our desire to secede from the State of Pioli in which we now live.

Anyone got suggestions for another historical document/speech with which to frame the evidence?

Emancipation proclaimation.
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu 10-06-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8980596)
basically in a nutshell Cassel can't keep up with the good QB's in the NFL that are able to orchestrate points for an offense.

Yes, but you need data in order to not sound like an irrational fan.

bevischief 10-06-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8980522)

And he is still starting...

Dave Lane 10-06-2012 07:39 AM

Ask not what Pioli has done for the Chiefs, ask what you can do to Pioli.

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 09:10 AM

Ricky Stanzi is real excited for Matt Cassel!

http://i.imgur.com/gNNlh.gif

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 10:15 AM

This one's for 'Hamas' Jenkins.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2E7EnBP3ruc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan 10-06-2012 10:17 AM

Cross bar shouldnt have been standing there...

Deberg_1990 10-06-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8981640)
This one's for 'Hamas' Jenkins.

Thats hilarious. I dont think ive ever seen a hail mary from that short of distance before??

rico 10-06-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8981542)

Is Stanzi being a smart ass here? Any chance he doesn't care for Cassel? It appears as if Cassel just biffed on something and Stanzi is telling him "nice job" and doesn't necessarily appear upbeat after saying it.

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 12:47 PM

That was after Charles' TD run.

Ricky has been doing that to Matt since preseason. After every score.

In other news, the last GIF in the OP has been updated with this slightly higher quality version.

http://i.imgur.com/QWzEk.gif

OnTheWarpath15 10-06-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8982241)
That was after Charles' TD run.

Ricky has been doing that to Matt since preseason. After every score.

In other news, the last GIF in the OP has been updated with this slightly higher quality version.

http://i.imgur.com/QWzEk.gif

3rd and 12, and he's throwing 7 yards short of the sticks - and still airmailing his receiver.

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8982366)
3rd and 12, and he's throwing 7 yards short of the sticks - and still airmailing his receiver.

LMAO

The play would have gotten a first down.

Weis designed a slapdick play for his slapdick QB and slapdick couldn't slap the dick.

007 10-06-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8981542)

what you see

"Good job"

What he finished with
"Good job dumbass"

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 03:26 PM

It would be awesome if Ricky Stanzi kept going up to Matt and saying things like that, out of the earshot of the coaches, and Matt was keeping it bottled up so as not to come off like a whiner. LMAO

bench_cassel 10-07-2012 12:49 AM

how many gms have been fired mid-season? lets make an exception this is horrible

Priest31kc 10-07-2012 09:40 AM

Anyone know our PFF ranking for pass blocking so far this season? Soooo sick of seeing clueless fans blame our O-Line for Casshole's failures. Stupid ass fans out there...

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:41 AM

Chiefs are ranked 5th in pass blocking.

Dayze 10-07-2012 09:43 AM

No ...Cassel needs more time

Priest31kc 10-07-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8984965)
Chiefs are ranked 5th in pass blocking.

Wow. Thought we were Top 10, but not 5th. Thanks man.

Easy 6 10-07-2012 12:58 PM

Castle is going to need Ben Affleck to sneak him out of the stadium today.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 06:24 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ONYNB.jpg

Tribal Warfare 10-07-2012 06:33 PM

if Cassel misses the Bucs game that would mean he has never started a full 16 game season in his career.

Molitoth 10-07-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8989732)

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

It's Judgement Day bitches!

JCharles1981 10-08-2012 03:35 AM

Did anyone stop and think that maybe the reason why Cassell has performed so horribly is because he has less than 5 seconds to get rid of the ball more than half the time a passing play is called? He sucks when under pressure, but you can't expect him to be a great passer if the O-Line only protects him when they feel like it. I guarantee you that not even Brett Favre would have been able to perform well behind an inconsistent O-Line like ours. The line's job is to utilize Cassell's strengths (which are very few) and weaknesses, then work to fully protect him from having to use those same weaknesses. Protecting Cassell from being sacked 50% of the time will throw off any rhythm he could develop to be a better passer.

BillSelfsTrophycase 10-08-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles1981 (Post 8991139)
Did anyone stop and think that maybe the reason why Cassell has performed so horribly is because he has less than 5 seconds to get rid of the ball more than half the time a passing play is called? He sucks when under pressure, but you can't expect him to be a great passer if the O-Line only protects him when they feel like it. I guarantee you that not even Brett Favre would have been able to perform well behind an inconsistent O-Line like ours. The line's job is to utilize Cassell's strengths (which are very few) and weaknesses, then work to fully protect him from having to use those same weaknesses. Protecting Cassell from being sacked 50% of the time will throw off any rhythm he could develop to be a better passer.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SOMJKl4DcFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBOSHO 10-08-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

According to pff cassel has the 5th best line. Stop making excuses for him.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-08-2012 05:16 AM

When Matt Cassel left the game yesterday, he had 14 turnovers. THAT'S MORE THAN ANY OTHER NFL TEAM!

King_Chief_Fan 10-08-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

how much time does one need? Rivers was clocked letting them go in less than a second.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-08-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8991170)
When Matt Cassel left the game yesterday, he had 14 turnovers. THAT'S MORE THAN ANY OTHER NFL TEAM!

This needs to be added to the declaration.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

FIVE SECONDS?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

BlackHelicopters 10-08-2012 07:08 AM

five seconds is an eternity in the pocket

Molitoth 10-08-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

you made our point for us and you don't even know it.
we want a good qb that doesn't require the greatest oline of all-time.

cassel blows.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 07:54 AM

Got this text:

"My brother Tony was at the game and he said the fury towards Cassel couldn't be captured by the TV. All fans booed him with a vengeance every possession."

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 08:50 AM

I feel like this thread is becoming redundant, but Cassel is now:

29th on PFF
32nd in QB rating
33rd in ESPN's QBR
23rd in completion percentage
28th in yards per attempt
26th in TDs
32nd in INTs
30th in TD percentage
31st in INT percentage
21st in sack percentage

Congrats to Matt on going a whole game without being sacked.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 08:57 AM

Oh boy, we now have compiled 16 whole games of Cassel suck!!! HERE IT IS!!!!

Matt Cassel's last 16 starts:

283 for 496 (57.05%)
3,048 yards (6.14 YPA)
15 TD
23 INT
46 sacks (1 sack every 10.8 attempts)
65.9 rating

If you remember, at the end of last season Cassel had a 65.8 QB rating in his last 11 games.

He has had 5 games to improve that rating and has improved it by 0.1 points.

Good job, Matt!

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 08:59 AM

Matt Cassel, career vs Baltimore Ravens:

18 for 33
162 yards
0 TD
5 INT
28.4 QB rating

the Talking Can 10-08-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8991537)
I feel like this thread is becoming redundant, but Cassel is now:

29th on PFF
32nd in QB rating
33rd in ESPN's QBR
23rd in completion percentage
28th in yards per attempt
26th in TDs
32nd in INTs
30th in TD percentage
31st in INT percentage
21st in sack percentage

Congrats to Matt on going a whole game without being sacked.

he is now literally the worst QB in football

that should be the headline everywhere....sigh

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 09:16 AM

Updates to the OP:

Quote:

Matt Cassel is 19-26 in his 45 career starts with the Chiefs.

He is 15-7 in games where we ran the ball more than we threw it.
Quote:

Rivers, P. Manning, Roethlisberger, E. Manning, Romo, Schaub, Flacco, Stafford, Ryan, Brees

Cassel's record against this group: 4-15 (.210).

Gus Cassel's Record Against Elite Quarterbacks, By Year:

2012: 1-3

IMPORTANT FACT #3 In these 19 games against the elite quarterbacks of the NFL, Cassel's teams have averaged 15.4 offensive points per game.
With the Falcons and Ravens a combined 9-1, we can probably fit Cassel for a 3-15 lifetime record (1-11 as Chiefs QB) against playoff teams, but that's not official yet.

Could be 3-16 and 1-12 if the Chargers get their shit together.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8991577)
he is now literally the worst QB in football

that should be the headline everywhere....sigh

It should be.

But instead the headline everywhere is that the clueless, classless fans in KC boo'ed Matt "Mr. Nice Guy" Cassel.

Priest31kc 10-08-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is why Chiefs fans don't get shit. Because of stupid ass fans like this. Just wow.

Have you even watched any Chiefs games the last few years? Like seriously?

I just don't get it. It's like Chiefs fans think that if the offensive line isn't like the 2003 offensive line, then it's crap, when in reality, the Chiefs have had a Top 10 pass blocking line for the last 2 years...It's simply amazing.

And LMAO at 5 seconds!!!!! That's a ****ing eternity and means the O-Line is dominating, like they were all day yesterday. You are ****ing clueless wow.

kaplin42 10-08-2012 10:18 AM

Just looked up Cassel's stats from yesterday's game, how embarrassing. Literally, you could pull almost any QB off the street and have better stats than that.

And just incase you wanted to see the fail again.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...sselvsBalt.jpg

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 10:29 AM

QBR is awesome, look at Cassel's QBR the last four games.

True indicator of his performance, and ignores garbage time stats.

CoMoChief 10-08-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8991367)
Got this text:

"My brother Tony was at the game and he said the fury towards Cassel couldn't be captured by the TV. All fans booed him with a vengeance every possession."

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index...&size=400x1000

Dayze 10-08-2012 11:05 AM

And the yards from the Atlanta game and chargers game are misleading too. Garbage shit

Lzen 10-08-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

This can't be real. Can it? I mean, nobody can be this dumb. Right? :huh:

CoMoChief 10-08-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8991245)
FIVE SECONDS?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

I know ......Trent Green got 5 seconds behind Roaf Waters Weigman, Shields, Tait.

I'm not quite sure he (or she) understands just how long 5 seconds is in the NFL for a QB to get rid of the ball.

hometeam 10-08-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

This will turn out well.

Sofa King 10-08-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8993748)
This will turn out well.

Speaking of turning out well, let's see your finished tattoo.

hometeam 10-08-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8993784)

stalker

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8993784)

You evil bastard ROFL

Crush 10-08-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%...finger_gif.gif

Fish 10-08-2012 10:10 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/6592/huntgriswald.jpg

007 10-09-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

:doh!::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 08:20 AM

LOOK AT THIS GORGEOUS HD SHOT OF CASSEL SUCKING. THIS IS MY DELICIOUS MORNING COFFEE. THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP, IS CASSELSUCK IN YOUR CUP!

http://i.imgur.com/8Zcgx.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 10-09-2012 12:10 PM

Little Brown Submarines pass rush and they form in Cassel's pants

Mugalug 10-09-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8995005)
LOOK AT THIS GORGEOUS HD SHOT OF CASSEL SUCKING. THIS IS MY DELICIOUS MORNING COFFEE. THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP, IS CASSELSUCK IN YOUR CUP!

http://i.imgur.com/8Zcgx.gif

Nothing like a hot cup of Casselsuck to get you going. Pioli chugs some every morning from a Cassel crazy-straw.

Dayze 10-09-2012 12:52 PM

Pioli is dumb enough to take a drink of the piping hot cup of Casselsuck .....each morning, then wonder why his tongue is burned.

Dayze 10-09-2012 12:53 PM

our LG sucked rocks on the play

Mugalug 10-09-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8995904)
our LG sucked rocks on the play

Brian Waters :doh!:

RUSH 10-09-2012 06:20 PM

Cassel's tunnel vision to Bowe in full effect here.

Look at Maneri all alone at the top of the screen. This is the first INT.

http://i.imgur.com/ETsHn.jpg

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 06:21 PM

That's Maneri.

RUSH 10-09-2012 06:36 PM

Cassel once again showing off that stellar field vision.

This is the third down at the end of the 1st half that led to the Romeo punt.

Moeaki is wide open for an easy first and maybe put the Chiefs in FG range, but instead he hits Draughn in the opposite flat who ends up being short of the marker.

http://i.imgur.com/aaYNk.jpg

RUSH 10-09-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996824)
That's Maneri.

Yes, I realized that after I submitted the post.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 06:38 PM

Holy SHIT that's bad. Thanks.

RUSH 10-09-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996864)
Holy SHIT that's bad. Thanks.

Awful.

Dexter was wide open in the middle of the field on the 2nd pick too, but he was trying to push the ball downfield 10+ yards at least. Bowe was open too and should have caught it (was a little behind though) so I won't screen cap that one.

Cannibal 10-09-2012 10:23 PM

If Amnorix hasn't read the OP, he needs to.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 8997580)
If Amnorix hasn't read the OP, he needs to.

He knows Cassel sucks.

Cannibal 10-09-2012 10:36 PM

He kept using the 2010 season Cassel had as a means to defend Pioli. The OP does a nice job of dispelling the notion of his 2010 inflated stats being anything other than meaningless.

milkman 10-10-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 8996821)
Cassel's tunnel vision to Bowe in full effect here.

Look at Maneri all alone at the top of the screen. This is the first INT.

http://i.imgur.com/ETsHn.jpg

I can't see numbers in that screen cap, but I'm assuming that Maneiri is the receiver at the top of the screen at the 23 yard line.

But he also has an open receiver at the bottom of the screen at the 14 yard line.

Two wide open receivers, and the one at the 14 should be in is line of sight.

Three7s 10-10-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8998081)
I can't see numbers in that screen cap, but I'm assuming that Maneiri is the receiver at the top of the screen at the 23 yard line.

But he also has an open receiver at the bottom of the screen at the 14 yard line.

The WR at the 14 yard line is open, but it would take either a very powerfully thrown ball, which Cassel is incapable of, or a perfect pass with good touch aimed right in between the safety and corner/LB. Cassel probably fails at both.

Maneri was open but MIGHT not have gotten the 1st, still should've tried since Cassel isn't hitting the guy at the 14. The one with Moeaki wide open is the whole reason people hate Cassel. He does that crap at least 5 times a game.

milkman 10-10-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8998255)
The WR at the 14 yard line is open, but it would take either a very powerfully thrown ball, which Cassel is incapable of, or a perfect pass with good touch aimed right in between the safety and corner/LB. Cassel probably fails at both.

Maneri was open but MIGHT not have gotten the 1st, still should've tried since Cassel isn't hitting the guy at the 14. The one with Moeaki wide open is the whole reason people hate Cassel. He does that crap at least 5 times a game.

But, that is the point.

An NFL QB should be able to make that throw.

It isn't even a tight window.

He's got a defender in front at the 18 running towards Bowe (away from him), and a defender behind on the 7 yard line.

That's roughly a 10 yard window.

CoMoChief 10-10-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8998081)

That bottom WR at the 14yd line was open (in the pic) because the defender that was covering him broke away once the ball was thrown...he wasn't open at the time Cassel dropped back to pass.

Maneri however was completely wide open

Cassel's field vision is just downright terrible.

Molitoth 10-10-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8998354)
That bottom WR at the 14yd line was open (in the pic) because the defender that was covering him broke away once the ball was thrown...he wasn't open at the time Cassel dropped back to pass.

Maneri however was completely wide open

Cassel's field vision is just downright terrible.

I agree. You can see the ball in the picture... that DB broke for the ball leaving that WR open... no excuse for maneri at the top of the field.

They play was called for the 1st read and there where cassel ALWAYS goes, if not to a check down.