ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

rocknrolla 06-22-2018 08:00 AM

Anyone watch Animal Kingdom on TNT? Watched first few episodes on Prime, dont know if worth the time investment,

Miles 06-23-2018 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13602043)
Anyone catching 'Strange Angel?'

On CBS All Access, started this week.

Has a decent pedigree and dramatizes an already fantastical true story. The story of Jack Parson.

The Parson story is just insane so I should watch this if it’s good. There is a great podcast The Dollop that seems right up your alley and hilariously covered this crazy ass story.

Nickhead 06-23-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 13602275)
Anyone watch Animal Kingdom on TNT? Watched first few episodes on Prime, dont know if worth the time investment,

it's no different than watching sons of anarchy :thumb:

Baby Lee 06-29-2018 01:09 PM

Not so much a series, as whatever you call Adult Swim interstitial content.

Joe Pera Talks With You About . . .

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pgvXVYg3HXA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His delivery can be offputting for some. KInd of the developmentally disabled offspring of Jimmy Stewart and Garrison Keillor. But it gets in under your skin in a good way when you get on the same wavelength as him. Joe has one of the funniest bits about NFL fandom, that I think Chiefs fans can relate to.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7sEHv-iKrYU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm 06-29-2018 11:39 PM

Evil Genius - Just binged this all....this is the craziest ****ing thing I've ever watched. Making A Murderer level of nuts here...

Nickhead 07-03-2018 12:24 AM

detectorists, netflix

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NgN7z0SD8v8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is a really good, nice show with the driest humor there is. gareth of the office uk, is the writer and director.

i am on season two atm :thumb:

journeyscarab 07-03-2018 12:23 PM

Killing Eve on AMC.com or BBCAmerica.com is awesome!

cooper barrett 07-03-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13611276)
Evil Genius - Just binged this all....this is the craziest ****ing thing I've ever watched. Making A Murderer level of nuts here...

I had forgotten the Pizza Bomber but I watched the series and thought it was really good. I highly recommend if you're into this kind of stuff.

cooper barrett 07-03-2018 01:39 PM

I had forgotten about Bosch until this post. I DL'ed the last 2 seasons to binge over the 4th. It is supposed to be a scorcher here so some afternoon/ early evening binging (*or bingeing?) will be in order.

Thanks for reminding me of this series!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13527557)
Watched Season 4 of Bosch. I have to say again how much I like this show.

I'm not into police procedurals and I'm not a fan of Titus Welliver but this show is ****ing good. Both on the cop side and the Titus Welliver performance.

It really got to me

Spoiler!

The one thing that was kind of WTFish was

Spoiler!

cooper barrett 07-03-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13572254)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3j2R4fNxTdY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The quote by Costner (John Dutton) before loading onto the Helicopter was iconic! I won't spoil it.(”˙ʎnq p’ʎǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ sᴉ sᴉɥʇ 'plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ uᴉ ʎǝuoɯ ǝɥʇ llɐ pɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟᴉ ʇɐɥʇ ƃuᴉʍouʞ sᴉ ǝƃɐɹǝʌǝ˥ " )

I also like the fact that Kelly Reilly is making herself seen in very provocative ways helps the show all the more.

NSFW!!#$%^&*^%$#<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="X0umaww"><a href="//imgur.com/X0umaww">Kelly Reilly now seen in Yellowstone</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script> NSFW#$%^&*&^%$#

cooper barrett 07-03-2018 02:17 PM

Series was great but needed a couple of more episodes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13573479)
Is anyone watching Patrick Melrose?

Simultaneously better and worse than I hoped/expected.

Worse, because even in the 5-hour format, there simply isn't time for all the signature prose from the source to play out.
Better, because it seems to be rounding into a truly innovative take on the usual tales of wealth and addiction and depravity. This is because BC plays him as someone legitimately traumatized and legitimately trying to better himself.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JQh36eStMqk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The [truly] depraved are juuuust a little more depraved, and the idiots juuuuuust a little more idiotic, and the journey juuuust a little more plausible, because, even though the intoxication scenes are dramatic, the milieu is played with restraint. The horror and tension of his childhood is palpable, although almost entirely unspoken or unremarked-upon.

cooper barrett 07-03-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13574432)
not being nit picky but you DO mean The Rain, right?

"The Rain" is a TV series about poison rain that was pretty good IMHO.

KCUnited 07-09-2018 06:02 AM

I'm only 3 episodes in, but HBO's Succession has been enjoyable. So far it seems well cast, written, and directed. It's about an dysfunctional, uber wealthy family who's patriarch is stepping away from the family business. It's not necessarily a binge watch for me as I find it better in 1 episode every couple day doses, which is kind of refreshing.

Baby Lee 07-09-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13620209)
I'm only 3 episodes in, but HBO's Succession has been enjoyable. So far it seems well cast, written, and directed. It's about an dysfunctional, uber wealthy family who's patriarch is stepping away from the family business. It's not necessarily a binge watch for me as I find it better in 1 episode every couple day doses, which is kind of refreshing.

I've tried, and I can't put my finger on a specific complaint, but after each episode I've realized that I had no idea what had happened.

Not because it was confusing or tricky, but because my mind wandered to other things.

Some shows are just plain missing some ineffable thing that draws your attention. I want to like it, and I've semi-stuck with it thus far [partially because it's summer Sunday night], but it needs a hook soon.

Sharp Objects, OTOH, had my full attention.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GwreZ0P9XQA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 07-09-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13620211)
I've tried, and I can't put my finger on a specific complaint, but after each episode I've realized that I had no idea what had happened.

Not because it was confusing or tricky, but because my mind wandered to other things.

Some shows are just plain missing some ineffable thing that draws your attention. I want to like it, and I've semi-stuck with it thus far [partially because it's summer Sunday night], but it needs a hook soon.

That's pretty close to my wife's take on it and why I debated mentioning it after only watching 3 episodes. I can see it dragging which is also why I'm good with one episode at at time.

I just highly enjoy each individual character in the family and the dynamic they've created. Replace the wealth with modest means, and successful businessman with state champion high school coach and there's some parallels to my own family that tickle me. Me being the most in line with Roman helps. There are times I'm belly laughing at the non-obvious funny parts and catch my wife just staring at me like wft are you laughing so hard at? That's definitely my draw to it.

Tribal Warfare 07-09-2018 06:40 AM

Starz' Counterpart with JK Simmons is badass BTW

Baby Lee 07-09-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13620230)
Starz' Counterpart with JK Simmons is badass BTW

Quite good, but you have to catch it streaming. It's between seasons at the moment.

For those unfamiliar, it's a mix of sci-fi and cold war politics.

Something in the past [mid60s, IIRC] caused a space-time rift with two worlds, nearly identical. Think Fringe.

One side fared much worse than the other in the rift, in some ways. In other ways, the hardship they went through spurred them to greater technological innovation.

There's a single 'portal' between worlds that is a heavily guarded secret where high-level diplomacy occurs by the echelons of each respective government. After strict protocols, some people go back and forth between worlds for negotiations and other 'important' matters.

Everyone has [or had] a doppelganger, but most people [particularly on the less affect side] are oblivious to the fact that this even occurred.

The story picks up in the midst of an attempt at a labyrinthine coup to cross worlds by force from the disadvantaged side by activists to wreak havoc in retaliation for the events the disadvantaged side blames them for.

The main character is a relative innocent and oblivious, meek and mild man on one side, whose doppelganger is a high ranking operative thoroughly enmeshed in the intrigue between worlds from his side. And the narrative is about the growing terrorist plot and getting the less knowledgeable doppleganger up to speed on the nature of the situation so both 'iterations' can work to figure out what's going on.

I think that is satisfactory without giving too much crucial information away.

Tribal Warfare 07-09-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13620232)
Quite good, but you have to catch it streaming. It's between seasons at the moment.

For those unfamiliar, it's a mix of sci-fi and cold war politics.

Something in the past [ late 80's] caused a space-time rift with two worlds, nearly identical. Think Fringe.

One side fared much worse than the other in the rift, in some ways. In other ways, the hardship they went through spurred them to greater technological innovation.

There's a single 'portal' between worlds that is a heavily guarded secret where high-level diplomacy occurs by the echelons of each respective government. After strict protocols, some people go back and forth between worlds for negotiations and other 'important' matters.

Everyone has [or had] a doppelganger, but most people [particularly on the less affect side] are oblivious to the fact that this even occurred.

The story picks up in the midst of an attempt at a labyrinthine coup to cross worlds by force from the disadvantaged side by activists to wreak havoc in retaliation for the events the disadvantaged side blames them for.

The main character is a relative innocent and oblivious, meek and mild man on one side, whose doppelganger is a high ranking operative thoroughly enmeshed in the intrigue between worlds from his side. And the narrative is about the growing terrorist plot and getting the less knowledgeable doppleganger up to speed on the nature of the situation so both 'iterations' can work to figure out what's going on.

I think that is satisfactory without giving too much crucial information away.

FYP

keg in kc 07-10-2018 04:19 PM

Killjoys starts up again on syfy in a couple of weeks, with season 4. It's ending after season 5 so they'll be pretty set with the narrative going forward, no worries about it ending early (fingers crossed). It started as a pretty light show but has gotten really good and serious over time. It was originally partnered with Dark Matter (that one's done now) but I always liked Killjoys more. It stars Hannah John-Kamen (recently Ghost in Ant Man and the Wasp), Luke Macfarlane and Aaron Ashmore as a trio of space-faring bounty hunters called, ostensibly, 'Killjoys'...

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QwX9n9OYnoQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 07-12-2018 03:27 AM

I don't think I've mentioned Detroiters, but it's a genial goofy show on CC with Tim Robinson of SNL and Sam Richardson of Veep doing stories based on their growing up in Detroit.

It's usually just run-of-the-mill chuckleworthy basic cable, but the most recent episode was a masterclass in humor. I hope it's an indication of the two hitting their groove, because they're talented guys. Almost every bit, big and small, hit exactly as intended.

Keep an eye out on your TV for the Farmer Zack episode of Detroiters, or watch it streaming here.

http://www.cc.com/episodes/waw175/de...eason-2-ep-203

Nickhead 07-14-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13603140)
it's no different than watching sons of anarchy :thumb:

we just got a subscription to stan tv (aussie version of netflix).

it's got the original movie this series was made from. i have just popped it on. guy pearce is in it as well. :thumb:

<iframe src="https://www.imdb.com/videoembed/vi632030745" allowfullscreen width="854" height="400"></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 07-15-2018 01:54 AM

Altered Carbon
starring Joel Kinnaman

Synopsis from RottenTomatoes

Spoiler!

If you like the Cyberpunk mystery/thriller genre you'll love this show. You can tell the writer's inspiration was Blade Runner and the Japanese anime Ghost In The Shell.

SAUTO 07-16-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13624811)
I don't think I've mentioned Detroiters, but it's a genial goofy show on CC with Tim Robinson of SNL and Sam Richardson of Veep doing stories based on their growing up in Detroit.

It's usually just run-of-the-mill chuckleworthy basic cable, but the most recent episode was a masterclass in humor. I hope it's an indication of the two hitting their groove, because they're talented guys. Almost every bit, big and small, hit exactly as intended.

Keep an eye out on your TV for the Farmer Zack episode of Detroiters, or watch it streaming here.

That episode was hilarious. Thanks

cooper barrett 07-17-2018 09:55 AM

Detroiters takes a little getting used to as I almost didn't return after 1st episode but certainly think Farmer Zack was really good. I hope it keeps growing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13624811)

cooper barrett 07-17-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13620209)

The last episode was really good. The ending scene said alot.

cooper barrett 07-17-2018 10:04 AM

Sacha Baron Cohen Who in America

Who else would arm preschoolers?

https://consequenceofsound.files.wor...ca1.png?w=1614

KC Dan 07-17-2018 12:00 PM

Five Came Back - WW2 Movie Makers (3 episodes only)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80049928

You're welcome

cooper barrett 07-21-2018 02:53 AM

One of my faves is back this summer. SNOWFALL

Sandy Vagina 07-21-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

We are finally caught up through Season 3. I'd say it's worthwhile.

light and general spoiler below

Spoiler!

cooper barrett 07-27-2018 10:58 PM

I was very happy to see Stan Lee's Lucky Man back for season 3. Stan made a cameo appearance in E01.

Baby Lee 07-27-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13631454)
That episode was hilarious. Thanks

This week was pretty funny as well. Like I said, hope they're hitting their stride.

Sam trying to talk 'hood' was hilarious throughout. Mostly because he . . . almost . . . pulls it off, but comes just short enough so you know he never can.

And Chrissy talking about her work

"Fred farted so hard, his back went out. . . . He's on worker's comp. . . '

Nickhead 07-27-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13638192)
We are finally caught up through Season 3. I'd say it's worthwhile.

light and general spoiler below

Spoiler!

its like watching arrested development between the two cousins... you wonder if the writers are going to go 'there'.

it's just a lil creepier wondering if the writers of this show delve into the incest that is implied in the dialogue.

we are being conditioned people...

you know we are in for strange times when lgbtqxyz shuns those that want added to their flag...NAWBLA ROFL

Miles 07-27-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan (Post 13632503)
Five Came Back - WW2 Movie Makers (3 episodes only)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80049928

You're welcome

Sounds inresting.

cooper barrett 07-28-2018 05:03 PM

Anyone watch the Aussie TV show "Dead Lucky"?

Baby Lee 07-28-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13648377)

No, but I now realize how long it's been since I last saw Rachel Griffiths.

Nickhead 07-28-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13648377)

it's not even two episodes into its first season. chances are slim anyone has seen it yet. :thumb:

patteeu 07-28-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13648445)
it's not even two episodes into its first season. chances are slim anyone has seen it yet. :thumb:

ROFL

cooper barrett 07-28-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13648445)

I watched both tonight along with Outcast

Nickhead 07-29-2018 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13648700)
I watched both tonight along with Outcast

two comments about the show, but no true review? you want us to watch it to tell you if it's any good? ROFL j/k how is it :D

Bwana 07-29-2018 07:40 AM

This looks like it's going to be a solid show. If you liked Sons Of Anarchy, you'll like this. The same guy that created SOS is doing this one, Kurt Sutter.

Set to premiere on September 4, 2018 on FX

Mayans MC

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tokSeISW1XQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cooper barrett 07-29-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13648778)
two comments about the show, but no true review? you want us to watch it to tell you if it's any good? ROFL j/k how is it :D

It's another cop/ detective series. I think it's going to pan out into a good show.

Miles 07-29-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13648825)
This looks like it's going to be a solid show. If you liked Sons Of Anarchy, you'll like this. The same guy that created SOS is doing this one, Kurt Sutter.

Set to premiere on September 4, 2018 on FX

Mayans MC

Also see no Peggy Bundy in the main cast credits which is also good.

cooper barrett 07-29-2018 09:28 PM

The redhead sheriff on Wynoma Earp is "rub one out" material. Nicole Haught

KCUnited 07-31-2018 08:52 AM

Man, season 3 of Last Chance U is pretty wild. Independence (KS) Community College and their coach from Compton. Dude is raw AF. I read the Chiefs brought him in for a cup of coffee when he was a player. It's enjoyable in a society is ****ed kind of way though. Sounds like they reupped for season 4 in Independence as well.

cooper barrett 08-04-2018 05:07 PM

Best clip so far from Yellowstone...

Its NSFW

Spoiler!

joombo 08-06-2018 05:00 AM

Peaky Blinders my fav
It's definitely worth watching

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joombo (Post 13661089)
Peaky Blinders my fav
It's definitely worth watching

By Order of the Peaky ****in Blinders

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RrxePKps87k" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 08-06-2018 11:44 PM

I watched The Last Tycoon on Amazon. I thought it was a good watch. The production value is really good. There is some pretty nice camera work that really fits instead of “Hey look what I can do!”

The story is a period piece from 30s Hollywood(land). If you don’t dig period pieces don’t watch. I like period pieces and this has a lot of nuance in the story that didn’t beat you over the head.

Spoiler!

I’ve been mulling over it for hours and I guess that’s the mark of a good story. Very thought provoking.

In other news, we need to bring back that style of makeup and attire. They made some pretty ordinary looking girls look top shelf. Lily Collins is a dime piece, but some of the other gals or fairly ordinary but looked really good.

cooper barrett 08-08-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13648389)
No, but I now realize how long it's been since I last saw Rachel Griffiths.

Googling "Rachel Griffiths nude" will give you an eyefull of happy.:D:D:D

cooper barrett 08-08-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13662679)
I watched The Last Tycoon on Amazon. I thought it was a good watch. The production value is really good. There is some pretty nice camera work that really fits instead of “Hey look what I can do!”

The story is a period piece from 30s Hollywood(land). If you don’t dig period pieces don’t watch. I like period pieces and this has a lot of nuance in the story that didn’t beat you over the head.

Spoiler!

I’ve been mulling over it for hours and I guess that’s the mark of a good story. Very thought provoking.

In other news, we need to bring back that style of makeup and attire. They made some pretty ordinary looking girls look top shelf. Lily Collins is a dime piece, but some of the other gals or fairly ordinary but looked really good.

I watched( binged, that series a few months back. Yes, it was a very well made and interesting story and the details were amazing but the cars were hard not to drool over. (after you were done with Lily that is.)

Enjoy

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

SAUTO 08-12-2018 09:01 PM

Anyone else catch the first episode of "The disappearance of Crystal Rogers ".

Crazy shit.

stumppy 08-12-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13672265)

Crazy shit.

Was reading up on that today. Crazy is right. Way to many people getting murdered in that town. Recorded the 1st ep. Gonna try and get to it this week.

rocknrolla 08-14-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13672265)

Crazy shit.

Watched it last night, that is some crazy shit. Seeing the preview of the rest of the season, seems to go much deeper than Crystal Rogers.

Baby Lee 08-14-2018 05:13 PM

This is 20 years too late for 'must see' but Lord, I think I found a whole new quotient for talent on screen subverted by bad writing.

Almost everyone on this thing has been involved in one or another of the biggest pieces of entertainment going at some point.

And the only one without a 'blockbuster' starring role to his name is probably the biggest talent of the bunch, YMMV.

<iframe width="780" height="585" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QElL8GI3_5w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mr. tegu 08-15-2018 11:09 PM

The Man in the High Castle finally returns for season 3 on October 5th. The have a thirty minute recap of the first two seasons. It is coming back way later than what was initially expected given that season 2 was released in December 2016. I have really been looking forward to this for quite a while.

Nickhead 08-16-2018 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13676336)
The Man in the High Castle finally returns for season 3 on October 5th. The have a thirty minute recap of the first two seasons. It is coming back way later than what was initially expected given that season 2 was released in December 2016. I have really been looking forward to this for quite a while.

i was one of ten people when this show came out that was interested in it. i will admit i will need to rewatch season two, before i watch the newest sodes. :thumb:

Baby Lee 08-26-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13620211)

Sharp Objects, OTOH, had my full attention.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GwreZ0P9XQA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope nobody told momma!!!

underEJ 08-26-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13694594)

Good glory! I have refrained from any talk until this wrapped because I read the book and didn’t want to spoil anything, but there is a reason this is my favorite Gillian Flynn book. I liked gone girl, but sharp objects was a revelation. Such great characters and every actor in this totally nailed it across the board. I have a nitpick or two, but overall a very rich adaptation. I’ll watch the whole thing again soon to catch more book details that are all blended into the production design. That dollhouse is a gold mine.

Watch it if you haven’t!

cooper barrett 09-03-2018 08:00 PM

Binge watching Ozark. Season 2 is just as good as the first.

Tribal Warfare 09-04-2018 01:35 AM

Castlevania

is can awesome anime on Netflix

SAGA45 09-04-2018 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13707490)
Castlevania

is can awesome anime on Netflix

is season2 out?

Tribal Warfare 09-04-2018 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13707499)
is season2 out?

Not yet but Voltron has new episodes

Nickhead 09-07-2018 12:13 AM

gonna just post drop real fast.

we all have seen shameless, the usa version.

but in it's own right, the uk version is really ****ing good.

if you have netflix or any other site that carries it, just simply watch:

season 7 episode 2

it's in the middle of the series' entirety, and the show really can't be 'spoiled' in any single episode, but that said, give it a try. and put subtitles on :thumb:

Baby Lee 09-15-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13082873)
it's a netflix mockumentary, not sure if it's must watch, but it appears the show american vandal is an attempt at the worlds longest dick joke. :D

Who is the turdburglar?

<iframe width="623" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jwrr6aIWeus" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cooper barrett 09-15-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13731213)
Who is the turdburglar?

<iframe width="623" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jwrr6aIWeus" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Warning language

I have to admit I watched it and some tiny piece of my brain wants to see just where this may be going in future episodes.

Chit Stain McClain or is it???

rocknrolla 09-15-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13082873)
it's a netflix mockumentary, not sure if it's must watch, but it appears the show american vandal is an attempt at the worlds longest dick joke. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m3tkFOtM6go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ETA: i am six episodes in, and i can say its better than casting jonbenet, but not as good as luke cage. albeit does make a case for dessey being guilty of murder after being falsely accused of rape. :D

i would absolutely love to see the outtakes of the filming of this show. it would be ten times funnier than the one presented. ROFL

I couldn't make it through 3 episodes. Dont know if was missing something, just quite boring.

OnTheWarpath15 09-15-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13731213)
Who is the turdburglar?

PSA: Don't watch the first episode of Season Two while eating.

Baby Lee 09-15-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 13731613)
I couldn't make it through 3 episodes. Dont know if was missing something, just quite boring.

How versed are you in the things they are satirizing?

It's played pretty straight, so if you don't know what they're making fun of, it gets lost on you.

Still, I thought there were some good lines, mostly the younger students confirming obvious details.

'We didn't know what it was until we smelled poop, then it was like 'yeah, that's poop. . . . '

Also, did you watch the first season? I've only seen 1 1/2 episodes of this season, but last season had more out-and-out laughs, because the performers were written more stupid and unaware. It was about the mystery of who spray-painted a bunch of dicks on the cars in the teacher's parking lot.

In that one, the high-tech 3-d rendering of a re-enactment of

Spoiler!

If one of the funniest images of the entire past television season. Mostly for how gravely the matter is treated in the 'documentary'

<iframe width="966" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m3tkFOtM6go" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nickhead 09-15-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13731786)

It's played pretty straight, so if you don't know what they're making fun of, it gets lost on you.

Still, I thought there were some good lines, mostly the younger students confirming obvious details.

'We didn't know what it was until we smelled poop, then it was like 'yeah, that's poop. . . . '

Also, did you watch the first season? I've only seen 1 1/2 episodes of this season, but last season had more out-and-out laughs, because the performers were written more stupid and unaware. It was about the mystery of who spray-painted a bunch of dicks on the cars in the teacher's parking lot.

Spoiler!

If one of the funniest images of the entire past television season.

<iframe width="966" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m3tkFOtM6go" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

im 3 episodes into this season. it's definitely dryer humor this time around. but at least these piss take mockumentaries are entertaining. :D

Quote:

Periods after emoji's, that's like serial killer weird
ROFL

Baby Lee 09-19-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13694594)

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 13694630)
Good glory! I have refrained from any talk until this wrapped because I read the book and didn’t want to spoil anything, but there is a reason this is my favorite Gillian Flynn book. I liked gone girl, but sharp objects was a revelation. Such great characters and every actor in this totally nailed it across the board. I have a nitpick or two, but overall a very rich adaptation. I’ll watch the whole thing again soon to catch more book details that are all blended into the production design. That dollhouse is a gold mine.

Watch it if you haven’t!

Have no idea who did this, but it's a studio quality edit.

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hfT66imQztI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rocknrolla 09-20-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13731786)

Spoiler!

If one of the funniest images of the entire past television season. Mostly for how gravely the matter is treated in the 'documentary'

It was the first season I was referring to. Second season looks like a better plot.

Danguardace 09-20-2018 09:32 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gcUmiOlM1M" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Danguardace 09-20-2018 09:33 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4EHbt_kSkG8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-22-2018 09:46 PM

Gotta put in an enthusiastic good word for Maniac on Netflix. Just came out last week, and I'm 3 [approx. 34-40 min @ea] episodes in.

Below is a pretty effective summation of the sense of the series thus far. Its from the creator of The Leftovers and directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga [everything mind-blowing visually that wasn't Matthew McConaughey in True Detective Season1].

It's hard to put into words what exactly it is. The three that best describe it thus far is, humorous, emotional and engrossing. Somehow, you both have no idea what exactly is going on, and you follow the story easily and eagerly.

The small things are what really sell it. I'd describe some of the small things, but they are best simply experienced. But they're not like Easter Eggs or 'blink and you'll miss it' things you'll have to work to experience. The small things are world builders, and in Fukunaga's hands, the world is built very very well.

It's one of those shows you just say 'sit down and watch, and don't give up.'

<iframe width="789" height="444" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L6cDDmk-O5A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 09-22-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13752538)
Gotta put in an enthusiastic good word for Maniac on Netflix. Just came out last week, and I'm 3 [approx. 34-40 min @ea] episodes in.

Below is a pretty effective summation of the sense of the series thus far. Its from the creator of The Leftovers and directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga [everything mind-blowing visually that wasn't Matthew McConaughey in True Detective Season1].

It's hard to put into words what exactly it is. The three that best describe it thus far is, humorous, emotional and engrossing. Somehow, you both have no idea what exactly is going on, and you follow the story easily and eagerly.

The small things are what really sell it. I'd describe some of the small things, but they are best simply experienced. But they're not like Easter Eggs or 'blink and you'll miss it' things you'll have to work to experience. The small things are world builders, and in Fukunaga's hands, the world is built very very well.

It's one of those shows you just say 'sit down and watch, and don't give up.'

<iframe width="789" height="444" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L6cDDmk-O5A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw that advertised and thought it looked interesting. I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks.

Nickhead 09-23-2018 12:33 AM

I searched and haven't found any evidence of this show, may be q but...

not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. :thumb:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEfnpFuzxnE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K8j61MUB8y4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sully1983 09-23-2018 03:59 PM

^^^
Maniac looks intriguing I 'll have to binge watch it this week for sure (and it looks like Jonah Hill lost a shit ton of weight so good for him!)

My fav series is Mindhunter on Netflix and I am anxiously awaiting season 2 .

O.city 09-25-2018 11:09 AM

Anyone watching the Deuce on HBO?

My new fav

cooper barrett 09-25-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13761948)
Anyone watching the Deuce on HBO?

My new fav

Have you seen season 1?

Monkey God 09-25-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13752708)
I searched and haven't found any evidence of this show, may be q but...

not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. :thumb:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEfnpFuzxnE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K8j61MUB8y4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Sinner is an awesome show...really enjoyed both seasons so far