ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

vailpass 08-06-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12995642)
I am 1,000% sure they didn't actually cut a horse down. PITA would be all up in their grill.

Because they filmed that in Ireland the animal laws are different. According to the post production report I read they actually did cut the horse's leg off in that scene. Worst part is they needed 3 takes.

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995652)
Because they filmed that in Ireland the animal laws are different. According to the post production report I read they actually did cut the horse's leg off in that scene. Worst part is they needed 3 takes.

Luckily, horses have 4 legs.

Discuss Thrower 08-06-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12995632)
Holy ****. What an episode.

That dothraki cutting down Bron's horse and the aftermath was compelling television.

The dragon scenes were amazing.

Aryas scenes were good. However parrying a hand and a half sword with her dinky one is a tough ask. That took me out of it a bit. But over all a good scene.

Still not sure what they're trying to get at with Bran. I mean I think I know with Meera and all that but I just don't GET it. I did giggle at his little mind**** of Littlefinger. I had to rewind it to see what he said but after I did I was happy with the play on Brans part.

Great episode. Not sure how the **** I'm supposed to sleep after all that.

The simplest answer is that Bran is screwed in the head from having all of the knowledge he's experienced from the Weirwood and is constantly experiencing the present and the past all at once. Hence why he is creepily referencing Sansa's rape when speaking to her due to the fact he's not able to easily discern what's 'present'. This is a likely side effect from being an omniscient mortal like the original Three Eyed Raven.

What might be happening given he was a lot more lucid in speaking with Arya and Sansa but not necessarily with Meera was that he's intentionally acting aloof and disconnected because he thinks that's how he should act given his powers. Given the time he spent with Meera and her brother's sacrifice, he probably cares for her but instead remains cold and robotic in order to create distance between him and Meera to ensure she heads home and isn't in anymore danger from the White Walkers and does so with other people because he knows there's a big chance many people at Winterfell aren't going to make it.. if not outright can see their deaths as premonitions.

vailpass 08-06-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12995653)
Luckily, horses have 4 legs.

That's a great way to look at it.

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:41 PM

What is everyone's take on the nods between Arya and Littlefinger, as well as the dissatisfaction from Sansa? That seemed odd.

Buehler445 08-06-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995652)

Riiiight.

PITA would actually murder them.

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995659)
That's a great way to look at it.

I'm a "glass is half-full" kinda guy. :thumb:

Buehler445 08-06-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12995660)
What is everyone's take on the nods between Arya and Littlefinger, as well as the dissatisfaction from Sansa? That seemed odd.

Littlefinger was just in awe.

Sansa is struggling because while home feels comfortable she has NO IDEA who her siblings even are.

Dylan 08-06-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12995657)
The simplest answer is that Bran is screwed in the head from having all of the knowledge he's experienced from the Weirwood and is constantly experiencing the present and the past all at once. Hence why he is creepily referencing Sansa's rape when speaking to her due to the fact he's not able to easily discern what's 'present'. This is a likely side effect from being an omniscient mortal like the original Three Eyed Raven.

What might be happening given he was a lot more lucid in speaking with Arya and Sansa but not necessarily with Meera was that he's intentionally acting aloof and disconnected because he thinks that's how he should act given his powers. Given the time he spent with Meera and her brother's sacrifice, he probably cares for her but instead remains cold and robotic in order to create distance between him and Meera to ensure she heads home and isn't in anymore danger from the White Walkers and does so with other people because he knows there's a big chance many people at Winterfell aren't going to make it.. if not outright can see their deaths as premonitions.

Great insight...

Buehler445 08-06-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12995585)
Tarly don't surf.

That was Jamie sinking at the end of the episode right?

vailpass 08-06-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Not sure. Little finger may have been nodding in fake deference.
Arya may have been adding his name to her list.

Dylan 08-06-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12995670)

Yes. Jamie is becoming a likable person.

Dany may be turning into her father... :D

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12995657)

I'm not really sure of the full intent with Meer, but I just think he is so focused on what lies ahead, that feelings are the last thing he is afforded to consider. He is blunt because his mind is highly occupied at the moment.

Ever have someone trying to read your intentions when your mind is solely occupied with something else? Words come out quick and brash so you can get back to what you were so occupied with previously.

mr. tegu 08-06-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

I can't take credit, but Emergency Awesome pointed out that Little Finger saw where his dagger ended up with Arya. That tells him Bran has no interest in Little Finger which likely hurts Little Finger's chances of getting what he wants. And I'm sure Arya doesn't trust him given he was in King's Landing so she probably has it out for him in some way.

Discuss Thrower 08-06-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12995670)

Yup. I was just making an Apocalypse Now connection with Fields of Fire 2.0.

Pretty sure Bronn was the one who saved him from Drogon's morning breath, but it kinda looked like Dickon.

Speaking of which, I hope Dickon survived and bends the knee. He's clearly a lot more like Samwell than Randyll would be happy with. It also seemed like he knew turning against the Tyrells was probably a bad idea.

vailpass 08-06-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12995555)
If I were Jon Snow I'd be getting damn tired of Dany telling me to bend the knee. I hope at some point she needs his help, and he says "You bend the ****ing knee, bitch!".

They'll resolve that by getting married.

mr. tegu 08-06-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12995606)
Spoiler!

As to Dragons, I'd guess Viserion and Rhaegal are too small to be ridden owing to their captivity in the great Pyramid of Mereen.

They are definitely big enough to ride. Dany rode Drogon at the end of season 5 and he was still pretty small then. The other two would be much bigger than that by now.

And Drogon looked fine in the previews for next week. I noticed he came in roaring at Jon. I wonder if that's the first hint to the characters of Jon being Targaryan if Drogon gets friendly towards him.

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995673)
Not sure. Little finger may have been nodding in fake deference.
Arya may have been adding his name to her list.

I can't think of any previous interaction between them, nor do I see anything he has done within that sparring match to earn a roster spot on Arya's list. It was just odd to me.

Buehler445 08-06-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12995680)

Pretty sure Bronn was the one who saved him from Drogon's morning breath, but it kinda looked like Dickon.

Speaking of which, I hope Dickon survived and bends the knee. He's clearly a lot more like Samwell than Randyll would be happy with. It also seemed like he knew turning against the Tyrells was probably a bad idea.

Dickon is Billy Bones in Black Sails. I hope he makes it.

I laughed really hard at him and Brons interaction. Especially Anton laughing when Jamie called him Rickon. ROFL

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995683)

Or he gets her to "bend the knees." Eh, eh!?

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12995678)
I can't take credit, but Emergency Awesome pointed out that Little Finger saw where his dagger ended up with Arya. That tells him Bran has no interest in Little Finger which likely hurts Little Finger's chances of getting what he wants. And I'm sure Arya doesn't trust him given he was in King's Landing so she probably has it out for him in some way.

Great point. I forgot about the dagger.

Urc Burry 08-06-2017 09:54 PM

Littlefinger told Varys in season 3 that Chaos is a ladder. His mind had to have exploded at that moment with Bran

Dylan 08-06-2017 09:54 PM

Can the dragons mate?

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12995693)
Littlefinger told Varys in season 3 that Chaos is a ladder. His mind had to have exploded at that moment with Bran

Yea. I'm pretty sure I saw an eye flinch as a result of his bowels loosening.

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 12995695)
Can the dragons mate?

I can't recall anything specifically saying they can't.

Pogue 08-06-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 12995537)
"You idiot...You ****ing idiot."

- Tyrion Lannister

Like Tyrion, I was expecting Ser Jaime to get turned into ash. You ****ing idiot!

By the way, I expect Jon Snow and Tyrion to ride the dragons at some point. I suspect they have Targaryen blood.

Bran scenes are very interesting given that he's changed, as it was noted by mereen tonight. He sees everything and littlefinger dropped a deuce when Bran said Chaos is a ladder. Probably will end up regretting giving him the dagger. Arya will likely kill him with it.

Discuss Thrower 08-06-2017 10:08 PM

OH SHIT.

ThaVirus 08-06-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995683)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12995688)
Or he gets her to "bend the knees." Eh, eh!?

"While you're here, I've got something else to show you, your grace"

*unzips pants*

GloucesterChief 08-06-2017 10:17 PM

At least they properly named the type of ballista, a scorpion. The Romans fielded many of them and were deadly accurate with them. They could also fire rather quickly, 3-4 bolts per minute with a trained crew.

mr. tegu 08-06-2017 10:19 PM

I'm glad they didn't do this, but when they were in the cave I thought Dany was about to tell Jon his people would follow him and the alliance if he became her husband.

GloucesterChief 08-06-2017 10:21 PM

He is one of the more eligible political marriages around by process of death. The only other one is Rickon Tarly. I guess Dorne and the Riverlands are knee deep in civil war right now, though nothing has been mentioned.

Pogue 08-06-2017 10:31 PM

Assuming Ser Jaime lives, is he going to end up killing Cersei?

mr. tegu 08-06-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogue (Post 12995736)
Assuming Ser Jaime lives, is he going to end up killing Cersei?

I have always kind of thought he would become Queen Slayer. But at this point if he was going to do it based on anything we know it would have happened by now. She doesn't have any real secrets from him. So perhaps she still tries to kill Tyrion and Jaime then protects Tyrion by killing her. I can't think of scenario beyond that which would cause him to want to kill her. I just don't think he would do it based on a disagreement over any run of the mill military strategy.

Maybe Dany captures him and says you can end this war by killing Cersi?

RINGLEADER 08-06-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995637)
Lets hope she doesn't lose a dragon North of the wall.

Problem is, you know it's happening...

RINGLEADER 08-06-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

I took that Sansa is finally realizing that coming back from the dead, becoming a master assassin, and being able to see all things that have and will happen make her inability to do anything super-natural sort of uncool.

RINGLEADER 08-06-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12995680)

I think you're spot on here. Totally could see the assembled Lannister army survivors bending a knee, led by Dickon. That's the significance of the scene where Dick talks about killing men he used to be friends with -- he probably deep down resents the hell out of the Lannisters.

So how much of the Lannister and Southern forces were just consumed in Dragon fire?

RINGLEADER 08-06-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogue (Post 12995703)
Like Tyrion, I was expecting Ser Jaime to get turned into ash. You ****ing idiot!

By the way, I expect Jon Snow and Tyrion to ride the dragons at some point. I suspect they have Targaryen blood.

Bran scenes are very interesting given that he's changed, as it was noted by mereen tonight. He sees everything and littlefinger dropped a deuce when Bran said Chaos is a ladder. Probably will end up regretting giving him the dagger. Arya will likely kill him with it.

Well, if Bran can see all, then he already knows who's going to get whacked with the blade and he just made sure he put it in the hands of the person who needed it to make those visions come true.

Pogue 08-06-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 12995753)
I took that Sansa is finally realizing that coming back from the dead, becoming a master assassin, and being able to see all things that have and will happen make her inability to do anything super-natural sort of uncool.

Littlefinger probably recognized Arya from being Tywins servant, along with the water dance she was doing with Lady Brienne. There was a lot of callbacks in this episode.

Mephistopheles Janx 08-06-2017 11:54 PM

I really hate Dany.

Jon: "Yo, those demons we were told about as kids are real. I've seen them. They are coming for us".

Dany: "Pshhh.... those are just legends" /pets her ****ing dragon

Jon: "No, they are really real. Your Hand knows I'm not full of shit."

Tyrion: "He isn't full of shit"

Dany: "IDGAF, bend the knee"

----

Jon: "I want to show you something in this cave" /shows her absolute proof that blue eyed demons are coming to kill everyone"

Dany: "So... about that knee bending"

---

Dany: "My people are starving and my army is fighting in battle. Better blow up the wagons being hauled by the Lannister army. Surely there isn't anything of value there and a far more valuable target than the Lannister army."

---

Dany: "Holy shit... WTF just flew past my dragon's head? I'm gonna kill that shit. How would Rickon Stark stay alive in this situation? Yeah... go in a straight line! Arrows don't work against things going in a straight line... right?

smith11 08-07-2017 12:01 AM

could dannys outfit her dragons with some light armor to protect them from cersi;s dragon weapon?

Chiefspants 08-07-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12995632)
Holy ****. What an episode.

That dothraki cutting down Bron's horse and the aftermath was compelling television.

The dragon scenes were amazing.

Aryas scenes were good. However parrying a hand and a half sword with her dinky one is a tough ask. That took me out of it a bit. But over all a good scene.

Still not sure what they're trying to get at with Bran. I mean I think I know with Meera and all that but I just don't GET it. I did giggle at his little mind**** of Littlefinger. I had to rewind it to see what he said but after I did I was happy with the play on Brans part.

Great episode. Not sure how the **** I'm supposed to sleep after all that.

Arya and Brienne's scene might legitimately be one of my favorites in the series. We watched the culmination of literally 7 seasons of training for Arya, where she learned from Ned, Syrio, the Brotherhood without Banners, the Hound, and literally two seasons from the best assassins on the planet (not to mention with blades given to her by two of her brothers). It was a kickass moment in the series.

Pogue 08-07-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 12995774)
could dannys outfit her dragons with some light armor to protect them from cersi;s dragon weapon?

Probably, which is another interesting point. Cersei's element of surprise in using the scorpion has vanished.

More likely though, Tyrion will probably look to have soldiers search destroy the scorpions before Dany and the dragons descend on the Lannister army.

Buehler445 08-07-2017 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12995775)
Arya and Brienne's scene might legitimately be one of my favorites in the series. We watched the culmination of literally 7 seasons of training for Arya, where she learned from Ned, Syrio, the Brotherhood without Banners, the Hound, and literally two seasons from the best assassins on the planet (not to mention with blades given to her by two of her brothers). It was a kickass moment in the series.

Yeah. It was cool but carried no weight. There was nothing riding on the fight. Smoking off the frets was far cooler IMO.

Sandy Vagina 08-07-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

LittleFinger = I think it moved! she's a little badass, and I am scheming something up to use her for. Or, maybe, I just want her to believe I am on her side for a clever plan I have yet to conjure up.

Arya = "I see you up there, and trust you not one ****ing bit. Looks like a snake, and smells like a snake, you're a ****ing snake.. and I am watching you."

Sansa = Damn my sis can fight. I'm jealous now to look so weak compared to her.

Sandy Vagina 08-07-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12995775)
Arya and Brienne's scene might legitimately be one of my favorites in the series. It was a kickass moment in the series.

Definitely. I just wish Arya's path to it would have gone differently.

That whole faceless men, a girl is no one dipshittery was a long and weird journey... and I say that despite really liking the work of Jaqen H'ghar, the actor and character.

Sandy Vagina 08-07-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 12995774)

It would take plenty of work, but it seems plausible and smart to. Protect the vital areas of your most valuable weapons/companions, yes yes.

rico 08-07-2017 07:24 AM

So Jaime is sinking, due to the heavy armor...Is Tyrion going to jump in and save him?

Sandy Vagina 08-07-2017 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 12995771)
Dany: "Holy shit... WTF just flew past my dragon's head? I'm gonna kill that shit. How would Rickon Stark stay alive in this situation? Yeah... go in a straight line! Arrows don't work against things going in a straight line... right?

Yeah, that was irritating. Yeah, let's not sweep in behind him or anything. Couldn't possible utilize the speed of a dragon versus swinging that slow ass scorpion contraption around in time. Just make a nice loop around to the front and do that same shit again. :cuss:

Sandy Vagina 08-07-2017 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12995842)
So Jaime is sinking, due to the heavy armor...Is Tyrion going to jump in and save him?

lol, don't think Tyrion's been lifting weights enough for that.

Somehow, they will be saved, held as prisoners, and Tyrion will find a way to free them.... :(

Sandy Vagina 08-07-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 12995675)
Yes. Jamie is becoming a likable person.

Dany may be turning into her father... :D

Jamie was becoming likable while traveling with Brienne, but is dipping back down now under Cersei's control. Pretty much too late for redemption, to me. Same for Bronn. Funny guy, but he's nothing more than a self-serving merc that I am ready to see burned to ash.

Dany's getting pissed, but she has too many good folks around her to descend into darkness, so to speak. Jorah's on the way too.

rico 08-07-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12995845)
lol, don't think Tyrion's been lifting weights enough for that.

Somehow, they will be saved, held as prisoners, and Tyrion will find a way to free them.... :(

Oh, Tyrion can help unlatch some armor underwater. Eventually, something is gonna give with those two and I think it will be Tyrion coming through for Jamie somehow.

Sandy Vagina 08-07-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12995859)
Oh, Tyrion can help unlatch some armor underwater. Eventually, something is gonna give with those two and I think it will be Tyrion coming through for Jamie somehow.

I didn't consider that, but mainly because it appeared to me that Jamie would surely be dead by the time Tyrion could close the distance to save him.

Amnorix 08-07-2017 07:56 AM

The only thing I can see saving Jaime is literally Drogon himself, ducking his head under water to grab him (gently) and pull him out. WHY he would do such a thing I have no damn idea, and Tyrion couldn't possibly even GET there in time to tell Dany to have him do it even if he wanted to. But yeah, can't see Jaime dying by drowning so something has to happen.

Amnorix 08-07-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 12995757)
I think you're spot on here. Totally could see the assembled Lannister army survivors bending a knee, led by Dickon. That's the significance of the scene where Dick talks about killing men he used to be friends with -- he probably deep down resents the hell out of the Lannisters.

So how much of the Lannister and Southern forces were just consumed in Dragon fire?

Well, kind of figure it has to be the main Lannister army. The one used to take the reach, led by the Lannister's senior general, etc. etc, and then guarding the gold back to King's Landing. I'm actually a bit annoyed at how big the Lannister army is, but I'll get over it.

At the start of it all, I think someone reported to Jaime that the gold had been delivered to King's Landing, correct? So are we thinking that that attack was near King's Landing, not near the Reach, right?

Or did I mishear? If the gold WASN'T delivered to King's Landing, then the situation is pretty different vis-a-vis the Iron Bank backing Cercei.

mr. tegu 08-07-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12995875)
Well, kind of figure it has to be the main Lannister army. The one used to take the reach, led by the Lannister's senior general, etc. etc, and then guarding the gold back to King's Landing. I'm actually a bit annoyed at how big the Lannister army is, but I'll get over it.

At the start of it all, I think someone reported to Jaime that the gold had been delivered to King's Landing, correct? So are we thinking that that attack was near King's Landing, not near the Reach, right?

Or did I mishear? If the gold WASN'T delivered to King's Landing, then the situation is pretty different vis-a-vis the Iron Bank backing Cercei.

Yes, the gold was successfully delivered, as reported by Tarly. It apparently went ahead. We actually saw this after Jaime gave Bronn the money.

patteeu 08-07-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12995866)
I didn't consider that, but mainly because it appeared to me that Jamie would surely be dead by the time Tyrion could close the distance to save him.

In Martin's TV world, travel times are flexible. That would certainly stretch the concept though.

vailpass 08-07-2017 08:36 AM

This morning:

Bronn is still crawling around the smoking battlefield looking for his bag of gold.

The Dothraki are asking pointed questions as to what they are supposed to eat for breakfast since Dany burned up all the godamn food.

Frazod 08-07-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12995905)
This morning:

Bronn is still crawling around the smoking battlefield looking for his bag of gold.

The Dothraki are asking pointed questions as to what they are supposed to eat for breakfast since Dany burned up all the godamn food.

LMAO

DanBecky 08-07-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12995850)
Jamie was becoming likable while traveling with Brienne, but is dipping back down now under Cersei's control. Pretty much too late for redemption, to me. Same for Bronn. Funny guy, but he's nothing more than a self-serving merc that I am ready to see burned to ash.

Dany's getting pissed, but she has too many good folks around her to descend into darkness, so to speak. Jorah's on the way too.

I'm not ready for Jamie or Bron to go. I would've much rather seen a dragon die before either one of them.

The Franchise 08-07-2017 09:17 AM

I wonder if Bronn will bend the knee to Dany with Tyrion there. I don't see why she wouldn't easily give up a castle to him to control. Maybe Casterly Rock.

BigRichard 08-07-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 12988087)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2aWwZl8MLQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So after watching that can someone refresh my memory? It showed a scene where that one hooker was hanging naked and dead from a bed with arrows through her. I guess I don't remember her getting killed. Was that Joffrey?

Radar Chief 08-07-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 12995957)
So after watching that can someone refresh my memory? It showed a scene where that one hooker was hanging naked and dead from a bed with arrows through her. I guess I don't remember her getting killed. Was that Joffrey?

Yes, Joffrey. Little Finger sent her there to "mitigate his losses".

The Franchise 08-07-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 12995957)

Yes, that was Joffrey. That was also the prostitute from Winterfell that I believe Theon was banging.

The Franchise 08-07-2017 09:22 AM

I have a feeling that Sansa is going to do something stupid. Jon is the King of the North. Bran is the Three Eyed Raven and Arya is a badass now. Sansa is probably feeling like she's not important at all.

vailpass 08-07-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12995962)
I have a feeling that Sansa is going to do something stupid. Jon is the King of the North. Bran is the Three Eyed Raven and Arya is a badass now. Sansa is probably feeling like she's not important at all.

http://media.tumblr.com/39928d5e7df1...zua1qz4rgp.png

lcarus 08-07-2017 09:34 AM

I was rewatching season 1 this weekend and I've never quite understood Varys and his intentions. He claims he is on "the side of the realm" because "someone must" but that just seems like a cop-out answer to me. I think Varys looks out for Varys and aligns with whomever gives him the best chance for survival and a place at the table.

DJ's left nut 08-07-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12995651)
It would make the most sense. If she loses it battling the South, it would take a while before the dragon would provide any sort of advantage to the Night King.

As I mentioned previously: Dany HAD the best navy, cavalry, army, and the only existing aerial attack in Westeros. Currently, her Navy is seemingly depleted and her Army is tied up trying to find its way back to her.

The Night King can outmatch her Army in numbers, they could consevably match the cavalry by the time they arrive, but the one thing the Night King is lacking is the aerial support. He will get it to even the odds before the confrontation occurs.

It won't 'even' any odds; it would wreck them. You can't defeat an army of zombies who can reanimate if you don't have at least one massive advantage over them. That advantage is dragons. Without them, the walkers would absolutely wreck everything.

I do think the writing was odd in this one. We were supposed to be unnerved by the scorpion but did anyone really think Drogon/Dany were dying in the first battle? I'm not saying it can't/won't happen, but they're not killing Drogon yet.

They needed Viserys or Rhegal out there as fodder to truly give the impression that a dragon might die.

Oh, and once again Dany demonstrates that she's A) and entitled shithead (seriously, isn't the kingdom worth your pride? Why does it have to be Jon's?) and B) A shit tactician. As has been noted - the day is won. In short order your Dothraki will have captured the scorpion or burned it down. Just get out of dodge.

The Franchise 08-07-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12995986)
e as fodder to truly give the impression that a dragon might die.

Oh, and once again Dany demonstrates that she's A) and entitled shithead (seriously, isn't the kingdom worth your pride? Why does it have to be Jon's?) and B) A shit tactician. As has been noted - the day is won. In short order your Dothraki will have captured the scorpion or burned it down. Just get out of dodge.

This. Dany has done nothing but slowly get on my nerves more and more as the show goes on. As soon as that first shot missed them both.....she should have flown up to where Tyrion is and let the Dothraki wreck shit. They didn't need her at that point.

raybec 4 08-07-2017 09:45 AM

Pretty short sighted too. I don't understand why she burned all the food they were transporting. She has an army to feed too.

DJ's left nut 08-07-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12995997)
Pretty short sighted too. I don't understand why she burned all the food they were transporting. She has an army to feed too.

She may expect to re-take Highgarden. They would still have stores/crops there. Or she may make a move on Dorne. That's all far enough south to still be fertile.

raybec 4 08-07-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12995999)
She may expect to re-take Highgarden. They would still have stores/crops their. Or she may make a move on Dorne. That's all far enough south to still be fertile.

True, Jamie was sending Bronn to urge reluctant farmers to give up their grain.

vailpass 08-07-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

It won't 'even' any odds; it would wreck them. You can't defeat an army of zombies who can reanimate if you don't have at least one massive advantage over them. That advantage is dragons. Without them, the walkers would absolutely wreck everything.

Agreed they are going to need more than one major ace in the hole to battle the dead army.
It looks like they may play up dragon glass as one of those weapons.
To date the dead army has been shown to be of massive scale, bigger than the hosts of Westeros combined. It will be interesting to see if they hold to that scale, which makes them almost impossible to defeat, or if they make them suddenly more sake to defeat for the sake of the story e.g. the Lanister army that stood there and shat themselves against the Dothraki.

Frazod 08-07-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

I assume she was primarily trying to destroy the wagons carrying the gold.

BigRichard 08-07-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 12995959)
Yes, Joffrey. Little Finger sent her there to "mitigate his losses".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12995960)
Yes, that was Joffrey. That was also the prostitute from Winterfell that I believe Theon was banging.

Thanks! I just didn't remember her getting murdered. I thought the last thing I remembered with her she was forced to torture that chick with Joffrey there. I just assumed he was the one who killed her but didn't remember it.

DJ's left nut 08-07-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12996023)
Agreed they are going to need more than one major ace in the hole to battle the dead army.
It looks like they may play up dragon glass as one of those weapons.
To date the dead army has been shown to be of massive scale, bigger than the hosts of Westeros combined. It will be interesting to see if they hold to that scale, which makes them almost impossible to defeat, or if they make them suddenly more sake to defeat for the sake of the story e.g. the Lanister army that stood there and shat themselves against the Dothraki.

In the books it certainly appears that the walkers can reanimate birds, etc...

So it gets back to the argument of "a horse sized duck or 10 duck sized horses." You telling me a swarm of 10,000 scattered zombie ravens dive bombing the shit out of a dragon (with only one source of firepower) couldn't harangue the dragon into inattention or accident? The Walkers already have tools at their disposal that could wreck dragons or at least render them less effective.

If the Walkers have a dragon, it's an end-game. There's just nothing else to it. Because if that dragon launches a completely Pyrrhic assault on another dragon and knocks IT out of the sky, now the Walkers have 2 dragons even if dragon one goes down because they can now just reanimate them both. That or they have to be somehow completely incinerated and that seems unlikely given what we know of wars between dragons in the past (again, book information).

The Franchise 08-07-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12996056)
In the books it certainly appears that the walkers can reanimate birds, etc...

So it gets back to the argument of "a horse sized duck or 10 duck sized horses." You telling me a swarm of 10,000 scattered zombie ravens dive bombing the shit out of a dragon (with only one source of firepower) couldn't harangue the dragon into inattention or accident? The Walkers already have tools at their disposal that could wreck dragons or at least render them less effective.

If the Walkers have a dragon, it's an end-game. There's just nothing else to it. Because if that dragon launches a completely Pyrrhic assault on another dragon and knocks IT out of the sky, now the Walkers have 2 dragons even if dragon one goes down because they can now just reanimate them both. That or they have to be somehow completely incinerated and that seems unlikely given what we know of wars between dragons in the past (again, book information).

Don't worry....Bronn will be there with the scorpion and dragon glass bolts to take it down.

Amnorix 08-07-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 12995638)
Beuhler:

The scene with Bron's horse was heart wrenching.

Wish I could erase that scene from my mind right now.

Brutal.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...rip=info&w=600

Amnorix 08-07-2017 11:49 AM

Some awesome memes out today.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...8-36.gif?w=480

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...9-19.gif?w=480

mdchiefsfan 08-07-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

I do think the writing was odd in this one. We were supposed to be unnerved by the scorpion but did anyone really think Drogon/Dany were dying in the first battle? I'm not saying it can't/won't happen, but they're not killing Drogon yet.

They needed Viserys or Rhegal out there as fodder to truly give the impression that a dragon might die.

You wouldn't need an Army if you had Dragons breathing fire over their infantry. You would just continuously pass overhead, out of reach of the undead, raining fire down upon them. You could land in the South, feed the dragons, then return to the North to continue the onslaught. It wouldn't be much of a battle.

ToxSocks 08-07-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

This made zero ****ing sense, and the producers made a point to illustrate it to us for a reason. Im curious to know why they decided Danny should make a poor decision and burn the food.