ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Len Dawson has passed - RIP (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344790)

TimeForWasp 08-20-2022 08:47 PM

I hope he stays coherant and can witness the superbowl win this year.

ChiTown 08-21-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeForWasp (Post 16421512)
I hope he stays coherant and can witness the superbowl win this year.

That would be breaching the max amount of time a person would typically be in Hospice Care. Average Person usually lasts about 2.5 months in Hospice. But, I’m with you Brother. Here’s hoping.

Godspeed, Lenny the Cool.

TripleThreat 08-21-2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16421979)
That would be breaching the max amount of time a person would typically be in Hospice Care. Average Person usually lasts about 2.5 months in Hospice. But, I’m with you Brother. Here’s hoping.

Godspeed, Lenny the Cool.

People recover as well. I work in Medicare, wife is a DON…

Its not rare that someone gets off hospice after receiving proper care

srvy 08-22-2022 05:10 AM

We will see and hope you are right.

Frazod 08-22-2022 05:25 AM

It depends on what the underlying health problems are. According to Wikipedia he had cancer back in the early 90s. Could be that's back, or maybe he's just 87 and his body is failing. Those who know don't seem to be talking.

My MIL was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer in 2017. She responded to the treatment at first, but eventually it took such a terrible toll on her that she said no more. They stopped the treatment and put her in hospice. Her lungs immediately began to fill with fluid, and she was dead the next day. That's what I think of when somebody says "hospice."

God this thread is depressing. :(

ChiTown 08-22-2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16422701)
People recover as well. I work in Medicare, wife is a DON…

It's not rare that someone gets off hospice after receiving proper care

I truly wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. I've had to put both my Mom and Dad in Hospice. My Mom lasted 2 days, and my Dad a week. I always assumed (incorrectly) that was the last stop.

HayWire 08-22-2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16422828)
I truly wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. I've had to put both my Mom and Dad in Hospice. My Mom lasted 2 days, and my Dad a week. I always assumed (incorrectly) that was the last stop.

He is correct. A lot of people don't fully understand hospice. Its basically to keep people comfortable.

Nurses make regular checks on them and provide pain medication. Only stipulation is they can't provide drugs to improve an illness. If they improve on their own they "graduate" out.

Depending on the issue they will provide hospital beds, oxygen, wheelchairs, etc.

While being on hospice is obviously not a positive thing it doesn't always mean they'll only last a week or two

Garcia Bronco 08-22-2022 10:00 AM

In his honor, I had a smoke and Fresca yesterday. GOAT. Always enjoyed him and Nick B on Inside the NFL. Great player, great Ambassador of the game. Rest well sir. You've earned it.

kysirsoze 08-23-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayWire (Post 16422850)
He is correct. A lot of people don't fully understand hospice. Its basically to keep people comfortable.

Nurses make regular checks on them and provide pain medication. Only stipulation is they can't provide drugs to improve an illness. If they improve on their own they "graduate" out.

Depending on the issue they will provide hospital beds, oxygen, wheelchairs, etc.

While being on hospice is obviously not a positive thing it doesn't always mean they'll only last a week or two

All true, but as someone else in the thread said, the fact that the family made it public seems like it's an end of life scenario. That said, you never know.

HayWire 08-24-2022 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 16425429)
All true, but as someone else in the thread said, the fact that the family made it public seems like it's an end of life scenario. That said, you never know.

Very true...just trying to keep the glass half full

Chief3188 08-24-2022 04:53 AM

Lenny passed away this morning.

Coogs 08-24-2022 04:57 AM

RIP

ChiTown 08-24-2022 05:01 AM

https://www.kmbc.com/amp/article/len...at-87/40943140

RIP, Legend

smithandrew051 08-24-2022 05:19 AM

He was one of the good ones. RIP, Lenny.

HayWire 08-24-2022 05:34 AM

Shit, RIP Mr. Cool