ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs defense this year. What do you expect? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261595)

Rasputin 07-21-2012 07:30 PM

Turnovers. I think this D is going get an extraordinary year for forcing turnovers. With the return of EB I think the D can take extra chances at jumping the ball & do more schemes to get to the QB.

Hammock Parties 07-21-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758260)
Keep in mind, Daboll didn't have an offseason with Miami. His offense really kicked into gear after about game six. In KC, he'll have more weapons than he's ever had (and maybe more weapons in KC's history).

The defense, if healthy, will be beyond sick.

Sorry Dane, but you know as well as I the difference between a 7-9 team and a 10-6 team can be very slim.

When it comes down to it, with our schedule, I don't think Cassel is good enough in close games to pull them out. And I have little faith in Romeo, either.

We'll see about Daboll, but right now he just feels like another BS tree hire.

The division is also a lot stronger and this team hasn't even been all that good in the division.

If Jonathan Baldwin turns into some kind of freak, maybe that might make enough difference for us to get a 10th win, but he is a huge question mark.

Week 1 will tell us a lot. We win, I might start to get nervous. :D

PS - I don't even like our "easy" games against Tampa Bay and Carolina. I think we could lose both.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8758280)
Sorry Dane, but you know as well as I the difference between a 7-9 team and a 10-6 team can be very slim.

When it comes down to it, with our schedule, I don't think Cassel is good enough in close games to pull them out. And I have little faith in Romeo, either.

We'll see about Daboll, but right now he just feels like another BS tree hire.

The division is also a lot stronger and this team hasn't even been all that good in the division.

If Jonathan Baldwin turns into some kind of freak, maybe that might make enough difference for us to get a 10th win, but he is a huge question mark.

Week 1 will tell us a lot. We win, I might start to get nervous. :D

PS - I don't even like our "easy" games against Tampa Bay and Carolina. I think we could lose both.

Week One should never be the determining factor. This team is loaded and pretty much stacked at every position but QB and right tackle (they would be in trouble if Winston went down).

Otherwise, a full offseason with the rookies, Romeo and Daboll will go a long way. I'm not saying that Romeo is Hank Stram but he's the best coach since Marty. And yes, that includes that myopic old ****, Dick Vermeil.

Chronic 07-21-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8758066)
Inexperience at a certain position does not equal raw, you dumb ****. If the Patriots told Rob Gronkowski to drop some weight and line up at WR this season, you wouldn't call him a "raw" WR, would you?

Go fist your grandmother, reerun.

Hudson's technique was perhaps the best out of all interior linemen coming out of the 2011 draft. That's not what I call raw.

Bruce Campbell was a raw prospect. Dontari Poe is a raw prospect. Rodney Hudson is NOT a raw prospect.

****ing idiot.

Got damn you're dumb.. seriously.. you must've fell outta your high chair as an infant and banged your coconut.. no where did I ever say that the meaning of Raw and Inexperienced were ever the same thing or "equal" in meaning

You're absolutely 100% correct tho'

In fact you're so right that I even agree with you that both the guard position and center position are entire identical,... same technique is used in both positions..That's why we see OC swing guards every sunday to center and centers to guards.. :banghead:

Do the planet a favor and wear condoms so you don't contaminate the rest of us

Pasta Little Brioni 07-21-2012 07:54 PM

Get back in your cell Chimpionship

Hammock Parties 07-21-2012 07:55 PM

Also, Dane, if you haven't been reading, I've been beating a dead horse in response to "we won seven games last year, we can win 10 this year!"

Dead horse says: we are unlikely to face Caleb Hanie, Kyle Boller, Curtis Painter, Tim Tebow and Donovan McNabb again.

Instead we face a lot of pretty good quarterbacks. I'm penciling in a win @Cleveland and vs Indianapolis, though. WE GOT THAT DOWN!

BossChief 07-21-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757817)
You keep clicking those heels together Dorothy- You'll get back to Kansas someday

Explain to me one more time how the signing of Standford Routt has taken a average team to now a SB contender next year

who said superbowl contender?

Charles
Hillis
Moeaki
Berry
Boss
Winston

That's a lot of significant improvements.

RunKC 07-21-2012 11:05 PM

Our back 7 is outstanding. Berry, DJ, Tamba, and Flowers are top 10 at their positions.

I think the one player is going to blow shit up this year is Allen Bailey. I also think Poe is going to get some sacks this year. Romeo will line up Tamba directly next to him in a standing position to take off pressure. With Poe's speed and power, he'll get some sacks on passing plays.

If those 2 play well, we're a top 10 defense easily.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8758478)
Our back 7 is outstanding. Berry, DJ, Tamba, and Flowers are top 10 at their positions.

I think the one player is going to blow shit up this year is Allen Bailey. I also think Poe is going to get some sacks this year. Romeo will line up Tamba directly next to him in a standing position to take off pressure. With Poe's speed and power, he'll get some sacks on passing plays.

If those 2 play well, we're a top 10 defense easily.

I'm lookinh forward to see Justin Houston's progression. So much talent there.

BossChief 07-21-2012 11:38 PM

If Cassel can extend drives and give the defense time to rest and make adjustments, while allowing Daboll to call a balanced attack, the defense has the talent to possibly crack the top 5.

If he can't, and is the same sack of crap 3nout maniac...the defense will end In the middle of the pack.

Game 6

RealSNR 07-21-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8758290)
In fact you're so right that I even agree with you that both the guard position and center position are entire identical,... same technique is used in both positions..That's why we see OC swing guards every sunday to center and centers to guards.. :banghead:

So you're saying the positions aren't the same thing?

NO ****ING SHIT

Hudson isn't learning to play tackle, ****stick. The blocking technique is pretty much the exact same ****ing thing. The stuff that Hudson doesn't know and hasn't been exposed to can be chalked up to.... *drumroll please*.... INEXPERIENCE

Get raped.

ThaVirus 07-21-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8757417)
17.6 ppg

Thank you kindly, sir.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758260)
Keep in mind, Daboll didn't have an offseason with Miami. His offense really kicked into gear after about game six. In KC, he'll have more weapons than he's ever had (and maybe more weapons in KC's history).

The defense, if healthy, will be beyond sick.

Daboll's offense in Miami was terrible.

You cant give a guy a free pass or excuse if it takes him til WEEK 6 to figure out his scheme with a team, so that was up to 6 loses because his shit offense couldnt get going. By that time, the team was already out of it, so all the padded stats are moot. Fools gold.

RunKC 07-22-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8758681)
Daboll's offense in Miami was terrible.

You cant give a guy a free pass or excuse if it takes him til WEEK 6 to figure out his scheme with a team, so that was up to 6 loses because his shit offense couldnt get going. By that time, the team was already out of it, so all the padded stats are moot. Fools gold.

To his defense, he lost his starting QB in week 4. That was a big transition for the offense.

Chronic 07-22-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8758548)
So you're saying the positions aren't the same thing?

NO ****ING SHIT

No I'm not- I was making fun of you for ever thinking both those positions have the same responsibility and encompass the same blocking technique. We're you born dumb or did you like go to school and get a degree in it? No seriously.. any football fan can't be this stupid

Quote:

The blocking technique is pretty much the exact same ****ing thing.
Don't ever say this around knowledgeable football people ever again- I'm just trying to help you avoid getting the stink eye from them and a few chuckles.. say at a party or something... you can thank me later