ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Prisco - Chiefs will go 6-10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261578)

Quesadilla Joe 07-22-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8759911)
The 2011 Denver Broncos said Hi

Denver didn't do things conventionally. The Chiefs are as conventional as it gets. Tebow was excellent at what he was asked to do.

Red Dawg 07-22-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8759786)
We'll have a winning record this season and probably win the division.

I agree. We have all the pieces this season to win the division. OL is solid now and the D-line is soild. Running game should be back to top ten and our Wr's are a solid group. Defensively we have studs at key positions. Our questions are Charles, Berry and Tony returning back to form and of course our often up and down QB but is there any doubt we got better? We definitely got better.

We can take this divison. I am an not buying the Manning hype at all. 36, 4 neck surguries, did not played in 2011 and now he has a new team to get to know not to mention theie schedule looks pretty damn hard. I am afraid they will be very disappointed in Denver. SD did not improve that I can see and in fact I'd say they got weaker just like the Faiders.
Too many lost players.

Easy 6 07-22-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 8760102)
We can take this divison. I am an not buying the Manning hype at all. 36, 4 neck surguries, did not played in 2011 and now he has a new team to get to know not to mention their schedule looks pretty damn hard. I am afraid they will be very disappointed in Denver. SD did not improve that I can see and in fact I'd say they got weaker just like the Faiders.Too many lost players.

!

lcarus 07-22-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8759816)
Generally the team with the worst QB in the division doesn't win the division.

Maybe so but I think the rest of the team is good enough to overcome poor-average QB play. Plus I'm not sold on the rest of the division. I believe the worst we'll do is split with the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:20 PM

Cassel>Manning

ROFL

What the hell bet did HE lose?

ROFL

lcarus 07-22-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760662)
Cassel>Manning

ROFL

What the hell bet did HE lose?

ROFL

I already forgot. Probably something stupid like McGahee would rush for 2500 yards or some shit.

Micjones 07-23-2012 06:59 AM

Six wins would be the absolute floor for this team.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8760867)
Six wins would be the absolute floor for this team.

UNPROVEN TALENT
SHITTY QB
SHITTY HC
SHITTY OC

SIX WINS, GUARANTEED

Dayze 07-23-2012 07:37 AM

I think 6-10 was around what I predicted. I think 8-8 is the ceiling.. first 6 games will basically tell us all we need to know about how the rest of the season will go / what the record will be like etc.

Chronic 07-23-2012 08:26 AM

Well the Chiefs sure do have a golden opportunity coming outta the gate to shock the world and prove everybody wrong

Falcons
Bills
Saints
Chargers
Ravens

Dayze 07-23-2012 09:15 AM

personally I htink the only game we win in the first 6 is against the Falcons.

FishingRod 07-23-2012 09:23 AM

The Chiefs are a fairly average team meaning 8-8 is about right but, a small handful of plays where the ball just bounces the right or wrong direction could easily make them 6-10 or 10-6. I would call the division a crapshoot and would not be shocked to see any of the teams come in first or last. Manning is the wildcard in the mix. If 85% as good as he once was Denver should win but, he is no spring chicken, has had neck surgery, and could easily be done for the season after a few weeks.

Messier 07-23-2012 09:38 AM

I'm sure in this thread it's been brought up, and maybe answered, but why are so many people here dead sure the Chiefs will finish one game worse than last year, assuming the heathy return of the injured players, plus the key additions? Is it all just hard schedule talk? If so, isn't it pretty much a given year in and year out that you can't predict which games are going to be hard and which games are easy? Last year before the season everyone was wringing their hands over the gauntlet of impossible games late in the season, and even with no running game, and Palko staring three of them we won two and almost another.

I don't see how this team is worse than last year, schedule aside. I think 7-9 has to be the starting point for the floor, just because I can't see any argument that this team is worse than last years team, heck, before the season and the injuries happened last year the en vogue thing to say was that the Chiefs might finish 8-8, 7-9.

O.city 07-23-2012 09:40 AM

Like it's been said in this thread, we played some pretty shitty qb's last year, that we likely won't play again this year.

The injuries coming back will make a difference, but so will not playing shitty qbs.

Messier 07-23-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8761209)
Like it's been said in this thread, we played some pretty shitty qb's last year, that we likely won't play again this year.

The injuries coming back will make a difference, but so will not playing shitty qbs.

So our D can't make a good QB have a bad day?

As I see it we play five games against QBs that can win games by themselves, and I'm including Newton, but not Rivers, we've played him enough, and beaten him, that I don't think our D is in awe of him.