ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

Marcellus 08-05-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13659596)
Watts is a disappointment.

I cant count how many missed tackles and missed INTS the guy has given up so far this year.

:rolleyes:

TLO 08-05-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13660024)
I guess no one else is concerned with this injury?

It sucks.

JoeyChuckles 08-05-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13660024)
I guess no one else is concerned with this injury?

Nope. They'll just run down to Price Chopper and purchase another ham, extract the string, voilà!

Marcellus 08-05-2018 09:15 AM

I've been a serious Chiefs fan for around 27 years now (Man I feel old) and one thing that has always been true.

You cant really judge a damn thing about a team in training camp.

If there is a bunch of turmoil and drama going on with distractions etc...yea thats a bad sign.

Early depth charts and a week into TC means absolutely nothing for the season barring serious injury.

We have to have shit to talk about, I get it, but all the hand wringing over every little thing is just silly.

Can we at least get to preseason game 1 before we start judging players especially rookies?

Clay had Tyreek Hill pegged as an absolute waste heading into his rookie season. LMAO

Discuss Thrower 08-05-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13660037)
I've been a serious Chiefs fan for around 27 years now (Man I feel old) and one thing that has always been true.

You cant really judge a damn thing about a team in training camp.

If there is a bunch of turmoil and drama going on with distractions etc...yea thats a bad sign.

Early depth charts and a week into TC means absolutely nothing for the season barring serious injury.

We have to have shit to talk about, I get it, but all the hand wringing over every little thing is just silly.

Can we at least get to preseason game 1 before we start judging players especially rookies?

Clay had Tyreek Hill pegged as an absolute waste heading into his rookie season. LMAO

Can't really know shit about any team (outside of the Patriots.. because of ****ing course) until three or four weeks into the regular season.

jjchieffan 08-05-2018 09:37 AM

Looks like I'm going to be making it to my first training camp on Saturday. Any pointers from you who have been? I see that Saturday is alumni day. It'll be interesting to see who's there for that. How long does practice run? I see that it starts at 8:15, but nothing about how long. Will any of you be there on Saturday?

jjchieffan 08-05-2018 09:42 AM

Also, I'm in KC from Thursday evening until noon on Sunday. That means that I'm in a hotel and bring reimbursed by the company I work for. I'm probably going to stay around the airport since I'm going to camp, but since there's no practice on Friday, I have all day to kill. Any suggestions on things to do while I'm there?

stumppy 08-05-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13660054)
Also, I'm in KC from Thursday evening until noon on Sunday. That means that I'm in a hotel and bring reimbursed by the company I work for. I'm probably going to stay around the airport since I'm going to camp, but since there's no practice on Friday, I have all day to kill. Any suggestions on things to do while I'm there?

This would be a great place for you to visit.:D

https://biodiversity.ku.edu/visit

RaidersOftheCellar 08-05-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13659596)
Watts is a disappointment.

4th? From what I'd heard, it sounded like he'd been impressive and might start.

Also didn't expect to see Nelson over Amerson. All reports have indicated that one is constantly getting burned and the other constantly making plays.

staylor26 08-05-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13660076)
4th? From what I'd heard, it sounded like he'd been impressive and might start.

Also didn't expect to see Nelson over Amerson. All reports have indicated that one is constantly getting burned and the other constantly making plays.

I don’t know where you heard this, but Nelson is clearly having a great camp so far and it’s not surprising at all that he’s the other starter.

Titty Meat 08-05-2018 10:21 AM

Yeah in the end camp reports and pre season games dont mean alot. Only time I remember it mattering was when Crennel was the coach we played St.Louis in the pre season and they smacked us around so bad. I knew we were in for a long year.

notorious 08-05-2018 10:24 AM

My brother just text me that Dee Ford is raping our oline.

He has ability when he’s not being a broke-dick.

BossChief 08-05-2018 10:30 AM

Training camp

Training camp album

stumppy 08-05-2018 10:32 AM

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018...n-to-practice/

Chiefs second team center Tejan Koroma had his knee buckle in a 1-on-1 drill. He couldn’t put any weight on the leg and teammates were seen kneeling in prayer around him as the training staff tended to his injuries. Koroma did ride shotgun up the hill to the facility with trainers, sometimes that is a good sign, but we’ll see on this one. The Chiefs didn’t provide an update, but hopefully we’ll know more tomorrow.

BossChief 08-05-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 13660115)
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018...n-to-practice/

Chiefs second team center Tejan Koroma had his knee buckle in a 1-on-1 drill. He couldn’t put any weight on the leg and teammates were seen kneeling in prayer around him as the training staff tended to his injuries. Koroma did ride shotgun up the hill to the facility with trainers, sometimes that is a good sign, but we’ll see on this one. The Chiefs didn’t provide an update, but hopefully we’ll know more tomorrow.

That dude was TINY. I remember our group looking at him asking how a fan got on the sideline because he was super small. Then we noticed in the camp guide that he’s 6’ 290 and from...BYU.

Sucks he got hurt, but he was in no way making the team.