ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ***** All things Fitness ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341639)

lewdog 05-12-2024 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17517449)
So is it in bad taste to post pictures? I'm feeling good about my progress this spring.

Please do. I need to see how ripped you are again to give me the final push to get on Test.

Thank you!

penguinz 05-13-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17517449)
So is it in bad taste to post pictures? I'm feeling good about my progress this spring.

Go ahead!

I'll grab a pic when I get time to as well. I'm on a permabulk but have abs coming through for the first time in ages.

penguinz 05-13-2024 11:12 AM

https://i.imgur.com/A7SmnI1.jpeg

loochy 05-13-2024 11:56 AM

I'm not a musclebear like penguinz

Legs are pretty lean

<iframe allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" style="height: 500px; width: 540px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;" class="imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-oHPwzXf-false-540" scrolling="no" src="https://imgur.com/a/oHPwzXf/embed?pub=true&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D341639%26page%3D8& context=false&w=540" id="imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-oHPwzXf"></iframe><script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Abs are in, but too flat. I need to do more ab work so they'll pop out. I'm plenty lean enough.

<iframe allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" style="height: 500px; width: 540px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;" class="imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-Sd7aNTN-false-540" scrolling="no" src="https://imgur.com/a/Sd7aNTN/embed?pub=true&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D341639%26page%3D8& context=false&w=540" id="imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-Sd7aNTN"></iframe><script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

penguinz 05-13-2024 12:08 PM

Good work loochy.

I don't think i could ever be that lean.

BWillie 05-13-2024 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17517901)
I'm not a musclebear like penguinz

Legs are pretty lean

<iframe allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" style="height: 500px; width: 540px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;" class="imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-oHPwzXf-false-540" scrolling="no" src="https://imgur.com/a/oHPwzXf/embed?pub=true&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D341639%26page%3D8& context=false&w=540" id="imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-oHPwzXf"></iframe><script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Abs are in, but too flat. I need to do more ab work so they'll pop out. I'm plenty lean enough.

<iframe allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" style="height: 500px; width: 540px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;" class="imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-Sd7aNTN-false-540" scrolling="no" src="https://imgur.com/a/Sd7aNTN/embed?pub=true&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D341639%26page%3D8& context=false&w=540" id="imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-Sd7aNTN"></iframe><script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thats alot of muscle for having that bone structure. Well done.

Megatron96 05-13-2024 12:36 PM

Damn, you guys are in great shape. Doubt I'll ever be able to look anything like you guys. Nice job both of you.

Belly's starting to shrink a bit though; I think I finally got my macros right (or closer than before anyway). starting to look acceptable in a close-fitting T-shirt, lol.

ToxSocks 05-13-2024 01:04 PM

It's lunch time and im tired of eating lean proteins.

Jack N the Box Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger claims 57grams of Protein....and 900 calories.

It's totally worth it right, because of the protein? Right? RIIIIIGHT?????

penguinz 05-13-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17517970)

Jack N the Box Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger claims 57grams of Protein....and 900 calories.

It's worth it because it just because it is food. Limiting yourself to lean proteins isn't the best thing.

So many of the nutrients you need from the food you eat also need fat to aid in absorption.

Fat also is very important if you do any heavy weightlifting as it helps lubricate the joints.

loochy 05-13-2024 01:17 PM

Quote:

You know what it is? It's 57 grams of protein and 900 calories. Don't get fries. Plan the rest of the you day accordingly.

ToxSocks 05-13-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17517977)
It's worth it because it just because it is food. Limiting yourself to lean proteins isn't the best thing.

So many of the nutrients you need from the food you eat also need fat to aid in absorption.

Fat also is very important if you do any heavy weightlifting as it helps lubricate the joints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17517983)
You know what it is? It's 57 grams of protein and 900 calories. Don't get fries. Plan the rest of the you day accordingly.

I knew i could count on you guys, LMAO

It's also ****in' free on this App too, soooo.....

Titty Meat 05-13-2024 01:49 PM

Quote:

If it fits your macros

loochy 05-13-2024 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17517984)
I knew i could count on you guys, LMAO

It's also ****in' free on this App too, soooo.....

Really though, that double burger would be much much better with no bacon, cheese or mayo. That's a little shortcut for you to save 300 calories while only losing about 10g or so of protein. And of course, like I said earlier, don't get fries - it's kind of worthless nutrition-wise. There are a lot of little tricks like that you can do to make fast food not actually so bad.

lewdog 05-13-2024 09:29 PM

You boys are looking good! (no homo)

lewdog 05-14-2024 06:53 AM

I’m not giving up Saturday beer and pizza but I’m inspired now.

1700 calories yesterday and no reason I can’t be solidly clean during week.

Titty Meat 05-14-2024 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17518652)

What about pussy?

ReynardMuldrake 05-14-2024 07:39 AM

Diet hasn't been working for me. Starting this week I'm going all out, food and water logging, low carb + IF, strenuous daily cardio, and supplements, the whole nine. Maybe mix in some basic bitch weight training to keep the heart rate elevated. I've had success losing before but for whatever reason the diet isn't moving the scale this time.

Starting at 275, hoping to hit 230 this year. Posting this here to keep me honest.

lewdog 05-14-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17518663)
What about pussy?

That’s the only cardio I get.

penguinz 05-14-2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17518652)

Unless you want to get really lean you don't have to give any of that up. Especially if you do go on Test.

I don't monitor anything I eat other than making sure I get enough protein and fat. Carbs for the most part of 'free' calories.

loochy 05-14-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17518736)
Unless you want to get really lean you don't have to give any of that up. Especially if you do go on Test.

I don't monitor anything I eat other than making sure I get enough protein and fat. Carbs for the most part of 'free' calories.

I was never able to be lean until I decided to count EVERYTHING. once I did that, I got a real feel for portion size, estimating what is actually in a meal, and, most importantly, knowing my base calories for a day. If you want to get reasonably lean and keep muscle, you're going to have to count and track because it's damn near impossible to stay in a slight deficit otherwise. You'll end up overeating and not leaning out, or you'll undereat and drop too much muscle. You want a slight deficit (300-500 calories) per day.

loochy 05-14-2024 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17518663)
What about pussy?

Tastes great
Less filling

Bearcat 05-14-2024 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17518784)
I was never able to be lean until I decided to count EVERYTHING. once I did that, I got a real feel for portion size, estimating what is actually in a meal, and, most importantly, knowing my base calories for a day. If you want to get reasonably lean and keep muscle, you're going to have to count and track because it's damn near impossible to stay in a slight deficit otherwise. You'll end up overeating and not leaning out, or you'll undereat and drop too much muscle. You want a slight deficit (300-500 calories) per day.

Yeah, the first and most obvious thing I noticed the first time I counted calories was just how much extra stuff I put on food... BBQ sauce, salad dressing, cheese (so much cheese).

As far as maintaining, you definitely get used to what a serving size actually looks like, and then if you meal prep on top of that, it's easy to portion things out for a week. If I needed/wanted to drop weight though, I'd definitely track (and with apps these days, of course once you get a base of foods/meals logged, it only takes 30 seconds most meals anyway).

PAChiefsGuy 05-14-2024 12:44 PM

In my opinion it's not necessary to count calories but it can be helpful. It's not rocket science. Losing weight amounts to calories out > calories in.

Doing cardio consistently is much more effective for most people. You look at how much hardwork it takes to burn calories it will make you think twice about overeating. Trust me.

But to each their own.

Also intermittent fasting is very effective if you don't the right way.

Marcellus 05-14-2024 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17518784)

How many grams of protein per lb of body weight you shooting for while cutting?

penguinz 05-14-2024 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17519073)

Protein should remain about the same. Drop Carb and fat calories to cut.

loochy 05-14-2024 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17519073)

Yeah, I keep it at about 200 for me (and I weigh 200 lbs). Like penguinz says, cut out the fat and carbs. Usually if you're eating relatively lean-ish meats, then carbs are most expendable. I am not, however, a proponent of no carb or keto.

There's never any benefit to cutting protein unless you have kidney damage.

lewdog 05-14-2024 08:32 PM

I do intermittent fasting on the days I don't lift. On the days I lift I have a protein shake post workout. I have to count things to really be consistent. I do about 100 carbs on days I lift but less than 30 on days I don't lift. I do about 60 g fat, 175g protein and 100 carbs for my 1700 calories. I've never been super lean though like loochy, but leaner than I am now. Loochy is super lean, I don't think people realize how lean that is.

lewdog 05-14-2024 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 17519000)
In my opinion it's not necessary to count calories but it can be helpful. It's not rocket science. Losing weight amounts to calories out > calories in.

Doing cardio consistently is much more effective for most people. You look at how much hardwork it takes to burn calories it will make you think twice about overeating. Trust me.

But to each their own.

Also intermittent fasting is very effective if you don't the right way.

Oh yea, you ****ing posting your lean nudes soon?!?!?!

Titty Meat 05-14-2024 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17519424)

Let's hope so

loochy 05-15-2024 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17519424)

OMG hawt!

penguinz 05-15-2024 12:11 PM

What's everyone eating today?

Breakfast: 6 XL eggs and 1 cup high protein oats
Lunch 1: 12oz 88% ground beef and two cups cooked rice
Lunch 2: Protein shake (2 scoops) and probably some mint chip icecream
Dinner: 6oz Wild Salmon, 2 cups cooked rice and some broccoli
Evening snack: 2 cups cheerios with 2 cups raw milk
Bedtime: Protein shake, 10g creatine, fish oil, magnesium

For the most part this is everyday. Dinner is a bout the only thing that changes.

loochy 05-15-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17520203)

For the most part this is everyday. Dinner is a bout the only thing that changes.

Meal 1: scoop of whey, 5 whole eggs
Meal 2: ahi poke bowl with triple ahi (went to lunch with coworkers)
Meal 3: vertical diet cheesesteak meal (basically steak, cheese, onions, and peppers)
Meal 4: TBD (some variation of whatever my wife or I decide on for dinner. tonight may be some chicken stir fry)
Meal 5 (snack): scoop of whey, apple
Meal 5 (post workout): 8 oz cubed eye of round roast, 1/2 c white rice

In58men 05-15-2024 12:35 PM

Must be nice to just eat all the protein.

penguinz 05-15-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17520245)
Must be nice to just eat all the protein.

?

In58men 05-15-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17520256)
?

I get gout if I have too much. Even BCAAs were causing my “very slight” damage to my kidneys. I just drink about 1-30mg protein drink a day. Try to have a few boiled eggs, but I have to really watch it.

Marcellus 05-15-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17520203)

Muscle milk 40g Protein shake
Salad with 4oz steak
Muscle Milk 25g shake
Swiss cheese and roast beef slices
6oz steak and 1 cup of rice for dinner.
mixed nuts probably 1.5oz

mr. tegu 05-15-2024 12:45 PM

***** All things Fitness *****

I like watching Dr. Mike (Renaissance Periodization) on YouTube lately. His Hollywood workout critiques are pretty entertaining and informative. He always emphasizes the stretch with load as so important to muscle growth and so periodically being reminded of that and other tips he provides is always good for staying on point with technique.

penguinz 05-15-2024 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17520265)
I’ve been watching Dr. Mike on YouTube lately. His Hollywood workout critiques are pretty entertaining and informative.

He did one on Mahomes' trainer and workout. It's pretty brutal.

loochy 05-15-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

I’ve been watching Dr. Mike on YouTube lately. His Hollywood workout critiques are pretty entertaining and informative.

Yes! I love Dr. Mike and how he craps all over their idiotic pointless bullshit workouts.

loochy 05-15-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17520260)
I get gout if I have too much. Even BCAAs were causing my “very slight” damage to my kidneys. I just drink about 1-30mg protein drink a day. Try to have a few boiled eggs, but I have to really watch it.

That's rough, but kidneys are more important than muscles.

mr. tegu 05-15-2024 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17520268)
He did one on Mahomes' trainer and workout. It's pretty brutal.

When I saw that I was expecting it to be the Netflix workout. I think he would have better things to say about that one. It was much more focused on applying workouts to his game so I’d love to hear his commentary on that.

penguinz 05-15-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17520260)

That sucks. I'll up my intake to compensate for your inability to consume it. :D

penguinz 05-15-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17520277)
When I saw that I was expecting it to be the Netflix workout. I think he would have better things to say about that one. It was much more focused on applying workouts to his game so I’d love to hear his commentary on that.

It would be the same review. One of his core beliefs is that for pro athletes it is all genetics.

mr. tegu 05-15-2024 01:17 PM

Quote:

I use to go long periods of avoiding fast food/really unhealthy foods but inevitably I would start craving it more and more and then just have weeks at a time of eating all the things I missed. It’s just not sustainable long term if you like those foods. Of course in weight loss pretty much shy one bad meal can ruin a week of work.

But for just sustaining and good balance what has worked for me is mostly just cutting out the soda when I eat something bad. So I allow something not so great for a meal once every 7 days or so but avoid the giant soda they provide. Soda is obviously super bad on its own but the other negative it creates for me is craving even more soda/carbs. Now I like it so I can’t cut it out completely but I’ve moved to the 7 oz cans for when I want to add it to my burgers, pizza, etc which I’ve gotten to the point I don’t automatically need it.

ThaVirus 05-15-2024 01:55 PM

I consider myself lucky in that regard. I’ve never been much of a soda drinker. My weakness is cookies, brownies, cake, ice cream, and chocolate candies.

It’s all poison but at least I’m satisfied after eating a bowl of ice cream. Soda doesn’t do shit but make you thirstier than you already were.

Megatron96 05-15-2024 02:07 PM

I’m lucky in that for whatever reason I Don’t crave sugar at all. Just stopped wanting sodas, cookies, candy around 16-17.

Do have a weakness for bread/pasta though.

lewdog 05-15-2024 02:18 PM

I don’t crave sweets at all but I’m a chip-aholic. I love chips as my snack food. I go to pork rinds to manage that better when eating healthier.

penguinz 05-15-2024 02:21 PM

Cake and donuts.

Carbs consumed on weekends don't count.

Megatron96 05-15-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17520471)
Cake and donuts.

Carbs consumed on weekends don't count.

Lol, didn’t know that. Very good to know, thx!

In58men 05-15-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17520463)
I don’t crave sweets at all but I’m a chip-aholic. I love chips as my snack food. I go to pork rinds to manage that better when eating healthier.

I have a terrible urge to destroy all the processed lunch meats.

A few slices of turkey or salami here and there.

Not healthy, but damn good lol.

Bearcat 05-15-2024 02:57 PM

Quote:

I like watching Dr. Mike (Renaissance Periodization) on YouTube lately. His Hollywood workout critiques are pretty entertaining and informative. He always emphasizes the stretch with load as so important to muscle growth and so periodically being reminded of that and other tips he provides is always good for staying on point with technique.

I just started watching him, too... he posts nearly everyday and has different topics/approaches than the other guys I follow. Even though I've heard "time under tension" a ton, he's really the first person to drive it into my head to the point of slowing down reps in recent weeks.

He had a really good one about why you can't just keep getting bigger and stronger forever, down to the cellular level and how your body operates, along with things like bodybuilder's range of motion decreasing as they put on 30 pounds of muscle. Thought it was really interesting and not just the normal "best chest exercises ranked" type of stuff.

And yeah, the Bobby Stroupe video is pretty brutal, but I know he always emphasizes "jokes all the way down" (and I actually tend to skip a lot of his tangents just as a time saver, but he can be kind of funny).

lewdog 05-15-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17520478)
I have a terrible urge to destroy all the processed lunch meats.

A few slices of turkey or salami here and there.

Not healthy, but damn good lol.

Salami and cheese might be the best thing ever.

Titty Meat 05-16-2024 08:00 AM

Can we get some glute pics please?

loochy 05-16-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17521554)
Can we get some glute pics please?

In person viewing only

Meet me at the bathhouse on I 44 near Springfield

Anyone else who is interested can come too. The more the merrier!

Megatron96 05-16-2024 04:19 PM

Here's another meal prep I've been making for a couple months now.

1 lb. lean ground meat (I'm a beef guy so usually this is beef, but I made it with turkey and it was almost the same)

1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning (or season yourself)

1 14.5 oz. can of black beans

1 cup cooked jasmine/basmati rice (can buy these now precooked at most stores)

3 cups of various veggies (onions/bell peppers/japs or store-bought pico de gallo are my gotos)

Cook the meat with the taco seasoning, drain, and put in a 8x8 baking pan

layer the rest of ingredients over meat, I usually put the rice somewhere in the middle, so it doesn't get burnt

Add a layer of low-fat cheese to the top and bake in oven @350 degrees for 20 minutes or put half of pan in microwave safe bowl and mike for 90 seconds on high.

I eat these half a pan at a time, which gives about 40 grams of protein/approx. 500 cals per serving.

loochy 05-16-2024 05:22 PM

Hell, for a while I'd just make a few pounds of taco beef and eat it through the week.

Your thing sounds tastier

In58men 05-16-2024 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17522737)
Here's another meal prep I've been making for a couple months now.

1 lb. lean ground meat (I'm a beef guy so usually this is beef, but I made it with turkey and it was almost the same)

1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning (or season yourself)

1 14.5 oz. can of black beans

1 cup cooked jasmine/basmati rice (can buy these now precooked at most stores)

3 cups of various veggies (onions/bell peppers/japs or store-bought pico de gallo are my gotos)

Cook the meat with the taco seasoning, drain, and put in a 8x8 baking pan

layer the rest of ingredients over meat, I usually put the rice somewhere in the middle, so it doesn't get burnt

Add a layer of low-fat cheese to the top and bake in oven @350 degrees for 20 minutes or put half of pan in microwave safe bowl and mike for 90 seconds on high.

I eat these half a pan at a time, which gives about 40 grams of protein/approx. 500 cals per serving.

I’ve been doing this meal prep for about over a year now. Literally just made this today. I don’t bake it though, just throw it all in a container and eat it when I get home for dinner.

3 lbs ground turkey
1 can black beans
2 small cans diced jalapeño’s
2 small cans diced green chilies
1 bag frozen fajita pepper mix
1 1/2 cups minute rice

Just cook it all and store in the refrigerator, lasts about 5 days for me. Don’t forget to switch up the hot sauces.

Megatron96 05-16-2024 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17522810)
I’ve been doing this meal prep for about over a year now. Literally just made this today. I don’t bake it though, just throw it all in a container and eat it when I get home for dinner.

3 lbs ground turkey
1 can black beans
2 small cans diced jalapeño’s
2 small cans diced green chilies
1 bag frozen fajita pepper mix
1 1/2 cups minute rice

Just cook it all and store in the refrigerator, lasts about 5 days for me. Don’t forget to switch up the hot sauces.

Yep, looks very similar. Sometimes I cheat a little and make a few crispy tortillas and spoon the stuff in there for taco night.

ToxSocks 05-30-2024 03:39 PM

MK-677. I've got a source for it and am considering it.

Anyone have any experience with it or knowledge on it?

loochy 05-30-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17535611)
MK-677. I've got a source for it and am considering it.

Anyone have any experience with it or knowledge on it?

It makes you hungry AF

It makes you bloated AF

It makes you sleepy and lethargic

It does, however, work for what it's advertised to do (boost natty GH release)

Seriously, your appetite will be insatiable and you'll poof like a balloon

If you want to grow, it's the drug for you because you undoubtedly eat enough food and get enough sleep

ToxSocks 05-30-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17535745)
It makes you hungry AF

It makes you bloated AF

It makes you sleepy and lethargic

It does, however, work for what it's advertised to do (boost natty GH release)

Seriously, your appetite will be insatiable and you'll poof like a balloon

If you want to grow, it's the drug for you because you undoubtedly eat enough food and get enough sleep

Hrmmm....damn. Hrmmm....gonna have to think about this one. Sounds like what you'd take if you're getting real serious about an actual bulk.

Megatron96 07-30-2024 12:07 PM

So when I began training again a little over 8 months ago, I weighed 178 lb. Today, I weigh 168.6 lb. Tracked my calories (estimated, didn't weigh anything) and the last month or so I dabbled with temporary fasting or whatever its called. Basically stopped eating around 8p and didn't eat anything until around 2-3p the next day, usually after my workout.

Stoked about the weight loss, just need to burn about 5-7 more lbs of fat, I think.

A quick thanks to everyone in the thread that gave me good advice during this journey or whatever. I feel like a lot of it helped me with this so far.

EDIT: I think it's called intermittent fasting.

ToxSocks 07-30-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17607788)
the last month or so I dabbled with temporary fasting or whatever its called. Basically stopped eating around 8p and didn't eat anything until around 2-3p the next day, usually after my workout.

See, i have the opposite problem, which is why i struggle to add muscle mass. What you just described isn't something i consciously think about, it's just how i eat normally, lol.

Im never hungry in the mornings and always in a bit of a rush, so i almost always skip breakfast.

Then, depending on how busy work is, i may completely forget to eat lunch at all, or not eat lunch till late in the day, around 2 or 3.

I've lost about 13lbs in the last 3-4 months while not actually trying to lose weight. And no one is going to look at me and think i need to lose weight as it is....but i do like the way i look better.

I just stopped eating fast food, chips, Ice Cream and soda and i leaned more into protein and less with the filler shit like rice and mashed potatoes and so forth. But because im not eating breakfast most of the time, im still falling short of my protein goals. If i had to guess, im probably getting around 80-90G's of protein per day, well short of my goal but still a substantial increase over what i was doing all my life.

Basically, i started eating more like an adult and less like a teenager LMAO

BWillie 07-30-2024 12:36 PM

I started running in late May. Do no weight training of anytime since 2016. Can now run a mile in 7:30 which I know isn't great but I couldn’t do more than 11 min when I first started. I ran/walk a 5k the other day in 29 min something but strained my groin.

Going to run a 5k in Sept or Oct. The heat really took it outta me today after taking a week and a half break. Would I beat anyone, anyone at all in a 39 to 49 year old division in a 5k? Dont want to totally embarrass myself. Would prefer to be able to run the entire 3.1 miles first before I join. I can only run about 2.5 right now.

loochy 07-30-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17607832)

Going to run a 5k in Sept or Oct. The heat really took it outta me today after taking a week and a half break. Would I beat anyone, anyone at all in a 39 to 49 year old division in a 5k? Dont want to totally embarrass myself. Would prefer to be able to run the entire 3.1 miles first before I join. I can only run about 2.5 right now.

Depending on how small the race is, you could maybe place. The 39-49 age group typically has a lot of runners though. With more training you could get down under a 25 minute and your placing potential would be much higher.

Don't worry about placing though. Just go do one! Those races always have plenty of walkers and fat people, so you definitely wont be getting last place or embarrassing yourself at all. And, if you're single (and I have a feeling you are), races are a great place to meet attractive, in shape, down to earth women.

el borracho 07-30-2024 12:40 PM

If you are struggling to eat enough protein because you are not hungry and in a rush you might try drinking your protein in the morning. You can slam a glass of pasteurized egg whites in a matter of seconds.

BWillie 07-30-2024 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 17607843)
If you are struggling to eat enough protein because you are not hungry and in a rush you might try drinking your protein in the morning. You can slam a glass of pasteurized egg whites in a matter of seconds.

Blender and water? Sounds kind of nasty but I like to eat egg whites.

Megatron96 07-30-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17607811)
See, i have the opposite problem, which is why i struggle to add muscle mass. What you just described isn't something i consciously think about, it's just how i eat normally, lol.

Im never hungry in the mornings and always in a bit of a rush, so i almost always skip breakfast.

Then, depending on how busy work is, i may completely forget to eat lunch at all, or not eat lunch till late in the day, around 2 or 3.

I've lost about 13lbs in the last 3-4 months while not actually trying to lose weight. And no one is going to look at me and think i need to lose weight as it is....but i do like the way i look better.

I just stopped eating fast food, chips, Ice Cream and soda and i leaned more into protein and less with the filler shit like rice and mashed potatoes and so forth. But because im not eating breakfast most of the time, im still falling short of my protein goals. If i had to guess, im probably getting around 80-90G's of protein per day, well short of my goal but still a substantial increase over what i was doing all my life.

Basically, i started eating more like an adult and less like a teenager LMAO

Yeah, I'm 54 so the metabolism has slowed way down since I was in my 20s-30s. But I have found that if I work hard enough and consistently enough, I can raise it up some. But it doesn't take much at all for it to drop back; I have to keep hitting the gym and so forth. If I take more than a couple days off, it seems like my metabolism goes right back to couch-mode.

Also, even when I was in HS, I'd usually gain a few pounds over the summer until school started and I went back to playing soccer, running track, or whatever. So we definitely have different metabolisms.

The protein thing is tough. I don't like all the protein shakes, but most days I have to drink at least one to meet my goals.

On the bright side, I can eat more steaks and pork chops per month, lol.

PAChiefsGuy 07-30-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17607851)
Blender and water? Sounds kind of nasty but I like to eat egg whites.

Get a good Protein powder and mix it with some milk in the morning. I like measuring the milk out the night before so it is a quick process. Takes literally about a minute.

Or buy the Protein Shakes that are premade. I wouldn't go that other route as like you said - it probably tastes like ass.

Megatron96 07-30-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

I started running in late May. Do no weight training of anytime since 2016. Can now run a mile in 7:30 which I know isn't great but I couldn’t do more than 11 min when I first started. I ran/walk a 5k the other day in 29 min something but strained my groin.

Set a goal to run farther than the actual race. I'd set it at 4 miles. Don't worry about how fast, just complete the run. We used to call it LSD (long Slow Distance training). Jog it if you have to, but finish the distance without stopping. Right now, you can run 2.5 miles, which is great. Add a half mile next week. Then a week or two later add another half mile. Eventually get to 4 miles, or whatever.

By the time the race comes around, 3 miles will feel short.

I wouldn't worry about placing. Racing is a different animal than just running a few miles alone. You're going to be kind of amped up at the start line, probably start off too fast, your pace won't match most of the people around you, etc. Baby steps. Just finish the race without feeling like you're going to die on the spot. Maybe think about how you place next year when you run it again.

Megatron96 07-30-2024 01:16 PM

I'm probably weird, but to me raw eggs taste faintly of cinnamon. Not that gross.

lewdog 07-30-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17607839)
And, if you're single (and I have a feeling you are), races are a great place to meet attractive, in shape, down to earth women.

Damn, you’re 100% certain you know which way BWillie swings?!

BWillie 07-30-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17607954)
Damn, you’re 100% certain you know which way BWillie swings?!

I am 100% hetero, sorry toet you down Big Lew. Actually been with the same gal for 15 years now.

Marcellus 07-30-2024 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17607839)
Depending on how small the race is, you could maybe place. The 39-49 age group typically has a lot of runners though. With more training you could get down under a 25 minute and your placing potential would be much higher.

Don't worry about placing though. Just go do one! Those races always have plenty of walkers and fat people, so you definitely wont be getting last place or embarrassing yourself at all. And, if you're single (and I have a feeling you are), races are a great place to meet attractive, in shape, down to earth women.

Around here you better be running in the 22:00- 23:00 minute 5K range for that age group to place. Lots of people start running when they are about to hit 40. Of course if it's a little race who knows.

Like you said though you are only racing yourself. Getting faster each time out is the goal which is fairly easy early on and gets much much tougher once you hit a speed plateau.

Spott 07-30-2024 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17607975)
I am 100% hetero, sorry to you down Big Lew. Actually been with the same gal for 15 years now.

What’s his name?

Megatron96 07-30-2024 02:03 PM

Dang. I have a question. It appears (haven't actually used a tape measure yet) that my left bicep (upper arm) is slightly larger than my right. No idea how that happened or could happen considering how I work out, but how do I fix that?

loochy 07-30-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17608001)
Dang. I have a question. It appears (haven't actually used a tape measure yet) that my left bicep (upper arm) is slightly larger than my right. No idea how that happened or could happen considering how I work out, but how do I fix that?

Do unilateral movements when you work arms. Work to failure with your right arm. Don't surpass that number of reps with the left arm.

penguinz 07-30-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17608001)

More volume on the smaller one. Good chance though it is just your genetics. No one is truly symmetrical.

loochy 07-30-2024 02:12 PM

my left arm is slightly weaker but also slightly bigger. go figure

penguinz 07-30-2024 02:13 PM

Quote:

If you had to choose either cardio or weight training then weight training would actually be better for longevity.