ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto ***Official Car and Gearhead Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291377)

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11452714)
I will say though, of the LiDAR jammers out there the one that IA_Chief_fan has is a very difficult one to defeat.

(high five!)

lewdog 04-23-2015 02:37 PM

Meeting someone to test drive my car tonight. Obviously I go with them on drive. Should I also hold their keys while they drive my car? We are meeting in the parking lot of a busy shopping center. I really don't want to be assaulted or raped. Any tips?

KC native 04-23-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11454441)
Meeting someone to test drive my car tonight. Obviously I go with them on drive. Should I also hold their keys while they drive my car? We are meeting in the parking lot of a busy shopping center. I really don't want to be assaulted or raped. Any tips?

It's all about harm reduction.

Bring lube so they don't tear your asshole when they rape you. Condoms too so you don't get AIDS or hepatitis or some other STD.

SAUTO 04-23-2015 02:41 PM

I usually just ride with them that's it. if you have someone follow you there in case they buy it just leave the title with them. Then if they push you out of the car you can just report it stolen lol.

If they are gonna rape you I dont think their car keys are gonna save you.

stonedstooge 04-23-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11454441)

Clench your buttocks muscles and close your eyes

lewdog 04-23-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11454451)
I usually just ride with them that's it. if you have someone follow you there in case they buy it just leave the title with them. Then if they push you out of the car you can just report it stolen lol.

If they are gonna rape you I dont think their car keys are gonna save you.

Ok wife is coming and she'll have title. If they buy it what's best place to have title notarized at 6 pm hour? Bank?

Tombstone RJ 04-23-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11454589)
Ok wife is coming and she'll have title. If they buy it what's best place to have title notarized at 6 pm hour? Bank?

all the banks are gonna be closed at 6pm. If they like the car and give you cash, then you give them the car but NOT the title. Tell them that once the title is notarized, and all the paper work (title work) is done, they can have the title too.

If they are not comfortable with this deal, get a non-refundable deposit (say $100) and tell them you all will have to close the deal tomorrow, when you can finalize the title transfer.

A car is worthless without the title and a car is worthless if the title has problems or issues. So, you have all the power with the title.

(oh, and I will take a personal check when I sell a car, but I won't give anyone the car, nor the title, until the check clears).

SAUTO 04-23-2015 05:06 PM

We don't have to notorize them here. All you really need is signatures unless you bought it way under book.

Not sure about there though

Brock 04-23-2015 05:21 PM

If you have a ups store or a mailbox etc or something like that there's usually a notary there. Any shipping type place.

lewdog 04-23-2015 06:15 PM

Ok good to know. Lewdog home safe with butthole intact! Two nice college students needing a car this weekend for her. They loved it, both drove it and couldn't believe how clean of a car it was for 15 years old. They are looking at 3 cars tomorrow and said they will get back to me tomorrow afternoon and finalize the notarization of the title if they decide to go with my ride. I am asking $5k on Craigslist which is above what the car is worth (but I've put plenty into it) but told them I would go bottom line to $4k for them. I am hoping that sweetens the deal enough for them to take it. I want to get rid of this as it's not fun carrying insurance for 3 cars!

SAUTO 04-23-2015 06:33 PM

Hope it works out. Glad you didn't get raped

frankotank 04-23-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11450442)
Welp, I've got another subject I'm lost on. :facepalm:

Got back from the tire place after having them put the Gorilla wheel locks on. They said since the tires are 10 years old they normally wouldn't touch them but agreed to do that and nothing else. They said the tires have great tread on them since they were rarely driven but there is cracking showing toward the outside of the tire. They suggest getting them placed.

They are 10 year old Toyo Tires. 245/40R-19 98Z on front and 275/35R-19 100Z on back. What's the reason for the difference in tire size from the front to the back tires? I'm just assuming since it's staggered a bit and since it's RWD the bigger tires go in back? With these tires you would also never rotate then as those tires would never go on the front, correct?

I got the wheels and tires cheap from a friend who sold his vette. in a perfect world I'd rather have 275's all the way around so I can rotate them. but her ass is wicked looking though! :D

Here's a picture of the cracking they are doing. Thoughts on the cracking? As I said, tread is good with only about 10k use on them but again 10 years old.

http://i.imgur.com/jlHlbUV.jpg?1

If I did decide to replace them would I have to do different sized tires again or could I go same 19" tires all the way around and rotate them every 5k to increase longevity of tire?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1459

I got the rims and tires together and the tires were 8 years old. in really good shape too. lots of tread left. I have a couple mechanic friends and they could tell by the numbers on the tires that they were 8 years old. they said anything over 5 years is suspect as rubber deteriorates over time. apparently you can get ripped off at some places buying "new" tires that in reality are years old. just spent 1200 on new rubber. 275 front 315 rear.

a car that powerful....hell even if it wasn't that powerful.....ditch 'em. a blowout at 35/45 is bad enough.......and I'm guessing you gonna be going a tad faster than that most times....

frankotank 04-23-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11452650)
New tires being placed now!

never mind.... :)

lewdog 04-23-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11454837)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1459

I got the rims and tires together and the tires were 8 years old. in really good shape too. lots of tread left. I have a couple mechanic friends and they could tell by the numbers on the tires that they were 8 years old. they said anything over 5 years is suspect as rubber deteriorates over time. apparently you can get ripped off at some places buying "new" tires that in reality are years old. just spent 1200 on new rubber. 275 front 315 rear.

a car that powerful....hell even if it wasn't that powerful.....ditch 'em. a blowout at 35/45 is bad enough.......and I'm guessing you gonna be going a tad faster than that most times....

Yea they've been replaced with Nitto Invo tires. 245 front and 275 back. I wasn't going to chance it so I went in the day after and had it done. Definitely not worth it to risk it!

And the guys at the tire place gave me a road when he said I can "test" the car as it rarely has cops. LMAO

lewdog 04-23-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 11454635)
all the banks are gonna be closed at 6pm. If they like the car and give you cash, then you give them the car but NOT the title. Tell them that once the title is notarized, and all the paper work (title work) is done, they can have the title too.

If they are not comfortable with this deal, get a non-refundable deposit (say $100) and tell them you all will have to close the deal tomorrow, when you can finalize the title transfer.

A car is worthless without the title and a car is worthless if the title has problems or issues. So, you have all the power with the title.

(oh, and I will take a personal check when I sell a car, but I won't give anyone the car, nor the title, until the check clears).

Yea they have to get back for work by Saturday night so they plan to purchase a car tomorrow afternoon or early Saturday. So if they offer a check the process won't work as the check won't clear fast enough, right?

It's gonna have to be cash only right? Cashier's check wouldn't clear that fast either?

SAUTO 04-23-2015 07:11 PM

I have taken some cashiers checks from repo guys at the shop before, always just called the bank and checked if it was good before signing off.

Brock 04-23-2015 07:27 PM

A cashier check is a bearer instrument (same as cash). It's not drawing from an account that might be empty. So they're good as long as it's a legit cashier check. Cash is better than anything though.

lewdog 04-23-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11454954)
A cashier check is a bearer instrument (same as cash). It's not drawing from an account that might be empty. So they're good as long as it's a legit cashier check. Cash is better than anything though.

Yes but Cashier's checks are also the most faked. Many on Craigslist say not to take them but I suppose calling the place and asking if it was a legal transaction there like Jason suggested would probably assure authenticity.

Silock 04-23-2015 07:35 PM

Best bet is to just meet at a bank

lewdog 04-23-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11455006)
Best bet is to just meet at a bank

Yea I was thinking that. Have them deposit into my account. Once cleared have someone there notarize title, take plates off car....boom, done.

SAUTO 04-23-2015 07:46 PM

And I'm paranoid enough I googled the banks number instead of getting it off the check lol.

but yeah meeting at a bank is probably the best bet

BigRedChief 04-23-2015 09:55 PM

I decided to sell my Mustang. Listed it on Craigslist for $5K. Got a serious interested buyer. Buying for their 16 year old daughter. Trouble is I cant find the title now.

Got a form off the DMV website. Gets a duplicate title and transfers to the buyer. Don't know how they will feel about that but it is what it is.

Still got a maybe as long as a month before my car arrives. Just going to rent a car.

lewdog 04-24-2015 04:05 PM

Well had a dealer call me and brought car in since it was a by my work. I wouldn't have but it was a 5 minute drive. Said they would make it worth my time even though I clearly said I am just looking to sell I already have my other car. It was some jackoff juice head searching Craigslist in some little office and calling people to make offers. They acted like tards, didn't know the same of the car, kept saying Celia. I asked them why they stopped producing the Speed3 and he told me they just got new ones in, which is not possible. Used ones maybe but it's no longer in production so not knew douchebag. Offered me 3k which is more than I expected from a dealer actually.

Other people sound almost for sure and will let me know tonight after looking at final car. I was asking 5k but I know that's high and didn't expect it. I liked both of them so much being full-time students and working that I straight up told them 4k and it's yours. They were shocked and wife said I'm stupid for doing that. But I'd rather have the car go to someone who needs a reliable car and is in life working hard. I can sympathize with working and going to school full-time. They seemed like good people. I'd rather lose a few hundred dollars to make this happen for people I feel good about.

SAUTO 04-24-2015 04:07 PM

That's awesome and will come back around sooner or later...

I sold one today too lol.

Free car / repo got it for storage and an alternator.

Good money maker lol.

BigRedChief 04-24-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11457237)
Offered me 3k which is more than I expected from a dealer.

Other people sound almost for sure and will let me know tonight after looking at final car. I was asking 5k but I know that's high and didn't expect it. I liked both of them so much being full-time students and working that I straight up told them 4k and it's yours. They were shocked and wife said I'm stupid for doing that. But I'd rather have the car go to someone who needs a reliable car and is in life working hard. I can sympathize with working and going to school full-time. They seemed like good people. I'd rather lose a few hundred dollars to make this happen for people I feel good about.

I've listed at $5K. Got the trade in for $3500 in my back pocket.

I had a guy text me that he loves that car and will take good care of it, he's a student and kind of broke and needs a better car. He did get some sympathy but not enough to sell it for $4,200 when I got a guy who says he will give me $5000 when he asks his mechanic about the electronics issues.

If my $5K guy falls through I may just sell it to the student. WTF do I care if the next owner loves the car as much as I did? That seems weird

I'm out another 6 weeks maybe before delivery. I need to pay for the rental car or I'll just keep driving it.

MIAdragon 04-24-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11457246)

I had a guy text me that he loves that car and will take good care of it, he's a student and kind of broke and needs a better car. He did get some sympathy but not enough to sell it for $4,200 when I got a guy who says he will give me $5000 when he asks his mechanic about the electronics issues.

I'm out another 6 weeks maybe before delivery. I need to pay for the rental car or I'll just keep driving it.

I will give you 3500 before you trade it in.

BigRedChief 04-24-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11457251)
I will give you 3500 before you trade it in.

The RPM, gas gauge, Cold/Hot gauges don't work. $300 to fix it. But its in great shape. Here's the listing.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4991841566.html

Most of the callers/texters are college students or Dad's wanting the car for their sons/daughters.

MIAdragon 04-24-2015 04:24 PM

Get as much as you can, if you can't find a buyer I will pick it up.

lewdog 04-24-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11457246)

If my $5K guy falls through I may just sell it to the student. WTF do I care if the next owner loves the car as much as I did? That seems weird

Well to be fair I haven't had any other offers and I'd take losing a few hundred bucks to see it gone sooner rather than later. Plus, I'm a softie I guess. I don't work in business which is a good thing!

lewdog 04-24-2015 07:30 PM

Those kids got back and offered 3,800. I said no I'm firm at 4K and they texted back "We'll take it!" I'm pretty excited. Said paying cash. And they are meeting me at bank by my house which is across town for them. Score!

BigRedChief 04-24-2015 07:38 PM

I've got 2 guys that live 3 hours away interested in the car. Both willing to pay $5K. We will see if they actually drive down this weekend.

lewdog 04-24-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11457673)
I've got 2 guys that live 3 hours away interested in the car. Both willing to pay $5K. We will see if they actually drive down this weekend.

Well these kids live 3 hours away as well. When they told me they'd come down to see it plus 3 other cars I didn't hold my breath. It's been easy communicating with them and they've been really on top of their game. Not leaving me hanging on anything.

BigRedChief 04-24-2015 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I'm pulling the trigger on putting fake hood pins on the new ride. I can just pull it off at any time without any damage to the paint. I cant bring myself to drill holes in my hood.
I'm going old school like the 71 Challenger. 3 inches from the side and 6 inches back from the front.

Brock 04-24-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11457651)
Those kids got back and offered 3,800. I said no I'm firm at 4K and they texted back "We'll take it!" I'm pretty excited. Said paying cash. And they are meeting me at bank by my house which is across town for them. Score!

Well, that was easy.

SAUTO 04-24-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11457651)

Congrats

morphius 04-24-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11457895)
Okay, I'm pulling the trigger on putting fake hood pins on the new ride. I can just pull it off at any time without any damage to the paint. I cant bring myself to drill holes in my hood.
I'm going old school like the 71 Challenger. 3 inches from the side and 6 inches back from the front.

I can't imagine anyone in any other country doing that, lol. I like the look, but all the fake performance stuff is kind of funny nowadays. Blocked hood scoops and the like. Not trying to pick on you, I'm just amused that there is such a thing as fake hood pins, plus it reminds me of a friend in college who had to put real ones on an Audi when his hood flew off in a race with a mini van. (Try to picture that without laughing)

BigRedChief 04-24-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 11458188)
I can't imagine anyone in any other country doing that, lol. I like the look, but all the fake performance stuff is kind of funny nowadays. Blocked hood scoops and the like. Not trying to pick on you, I'm just amused that there is such a thing as fake hood pins, plus it reminds me of a friend in college who had to put real ones on an Audi when his hood flew off in a race with a mini van. (Try to picture that without laughing)

I know. I just think they are cool. My buddy in High School had a SCAT Pack with the real hood pins. But, I just cant bring myself to drill holes in the hood of a car that only 300 exist. I'm just out $30. I'll probably just pull them off later.

MIAdragon 04-24-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11458240)
I know. I just think they are cool. My buddy in High School had a SCAT Pack with the real hood pins. But, I just cant bring myself to drill holes in the hood of a car that only 300 exist. I'm just out $30. I'll probably just pull them off later.

Drill them, it's just the hood. You can replace that later if need be,

lewdog 04-24-2015 10:53 PM

I'm not sure why you wouldn't do the pins with a car that fast.

BigRedChief 04-24-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11458353)

Obviously i would pay someone else to do it but still, taking a drill to my hood?:eek:

And what makes you think I can just get another hood later. There are only a 1000 available. Some will be totaled in a year, some will never be sold, some hoods will be damaged. Your down to 500 maybe.

BigRedChief 04-24-2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11458371)
I'm not sure why you wouldn't do the pins with a car that fast.

I have no plans to get any where near its top speed of 185MPH.

lewdog 04-24-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11458395)
I have no plans to get any where near its top speed of 185MPH.

No one else needs to know that with your real hood pins. :D

Al Bundy 04-24-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11457895)

I love that color.. that looks 10,000 times better than any Mustang.

Baby Lee 04-25-2015 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11458393)
Obviously i would pay someone else to do it but still, taking a drill to my hood?:eek:

And what makes you think I can just get another hood later. There are only a 1000 available. Some will be totaled in a year, some will never be sold, some hoods will be damaged. Your down to 500 maybe.

Get the spare hood now and put the pins in it.

TinyEvel 04-25-2015 12:15 AM

Any of you guys watching or attending the Mecum auction in KC this weekend? Looks like some deals going down on Friday night.

TinyEvel 04-25-2015 12:19 AM

1995 Z-28 convertible...8500 WTF? You guys really do love Camaros. too high.

MIAdragon 04-25-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11458393)

Because the law requires manufacturers to have adequate spares for 10 years, you can go through 100 hoods if you wished.

SAUTO 04-25-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11458517)
Because the law requires manufacturers to have adequate spares for 10 years, you can go through 100 hoods if you wished.

Yeah they don't just make 1000 hoods for 1000 cars...

lewdog 04-25-2015 04:17 PM

4 hour detail job on the Stang today. Wash with optimum no rinse since it wasn't super dirty, clay bar (virgin), Polish with DA polisher and meguiar's 205 along with some hand polishing in funky side panels, wipe down with 10% isopropyl alcohol, one coat opti gloss coat. Reps for whoever recommended the opti gloss coat. I bought it for $60. It's super easy to apply, like putting butter on the paint. It streaks easily though and must be followed with microfiber to buff streaks before it cures. Not sure how'd you see those streaks on light car though. Easy on black. One tube did exactly whole care. Thanks for the help guys.

lewdog 04-25-2015 05:43 PM

Anyone know when I can wax over the opti gloss coat?

Marcellus 04-25-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11458724)
Yeah they don't just make 1000 hoods for 1000 cars...

You can easily fix the factory hood at not too bad a cost.

If you want hood pins, do hood pins.

If you wont drill the holes, don't do hood pins. Fake hood pins on a high $ car? Thats simply ridiculous IMO.

SAUTO 04-25-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11459430)

If you wont drill the holes, don't do hood pins. Fake hood pins on a high $ car? Thats simply ridiculous IMO.

Exactly.

TrebMaxx 04-25-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11459430)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11459444)
Exactly.

I have been holding off commenting because BRC is spending the big bucks for this bad ass car and he should do with it what ever he wants to. But since he put it out here for our opinions I will give mine. Don't put BS fake crap on such a fine car that is perfect in all ways right off the showroom floor. Put real hood pins on or nothing although I wouldn't even put real pins on it.

hometeam 04-25-2015 07:11 PM

"Fake functional" items are a big no-no :P

BigRedChief 04-25-2015 07:50 PM

So you guys really hate fake hood pins huh?:eek:

lewdog 04-25-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11459551)

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Since you already said you won't be going that fast, I now vote do nothing to the hood.

Marcellus 04-25-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

So you guys really hate fake anything but boobs huh?:eek:

FYP :D

BigRedChief 04-25-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11459596)
FYP :D

I don't care for fake boobs. I like mine au natural.:harumph:

TrebMaxx 04-25-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11459733)
I don't care for fake boobs. I like mine au natural.:harumph:

Putting fake hood pins on a car like that is similar to fake boobs! :)

KC native 04-25-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Fake hood pins are like big spoilers on a honda civic.

lewdog 04-26-2015 08:04 AM

So since I run different tires than the recommended stock tires on the Mustang and they are staggered, should the PSI inflation be any different?

Perineum Ripper 04-26-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11459919)
So since I run different tires than the recommended stock tires on the Mustang and they are staggered, should the PSI inflation be any different?

A max P.S.I rating should be on the sidewall of the tires..I normally start about 10 lbs under that then adjust for ride comfort from there

Baby Lee 04-26-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 11459921)
A max P.S.I rating should be on the sidewall of the tires..I normally start about 10 lbs under that then adjust for ride comfort from there

Dear leader sez top that shit off, son.

BigRedChief 04-26-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11458353)

okay, you guys convinced me. I'll go with real hood pins.

You had an excellent car detailer in the area, what about someone that I can trust to drill holes in my hood?

lewdog 04-26-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11459940)

You had an excellent car detailer in the area, what about someone that I can trust to drill holes in my hood?

I bet you could do it. Just watch a few youtube videos like I've been doing for things. :D

BigRedChief 04-27-2015 04:32 PM

Well I sold the Mustang today. $4700.

SCAT Pack Shaker is to be finished 05/07 and ships out via rail that day.

Going to take my profit and rent a car. What do you guys think of these group of cars Sonata/Malibu/Fusion? Which one is better?

SAUTO 04-27-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11442731)
Nope. The husband is in the va nursing home and just wanted the car he bought when he got back from the war and didn't have the money then to do what he wanted. Now he does and I made it the car he wants.

His goal is to be able to drive it one day. When I got it done I dove it 70 miles there so he could see and hear it. Nite his wife is going to start driving it up once or twice a week

So...

The old man will never drive his car, he passed away early Saturday. I got the call as I was walking in the shop this morning.

Looks like my Friday will be spent driving his car to his funeral. :(

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-27-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11462098)
Well I sold the Mustang today. $4700.

SCAT Pack Shaker is to be finished 05/07 and ships out via rail that day.

Going to take my profit and rent a car. What do you guys think of these group of cars Sonata/Malibu/Fusion? Which one is better?

The new Fusions are very nice cars.

Brock 04-27-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Personally, I wouldn't drill the holes. I would pilot them with a small drill bit and then use a sheet metal punch to broach them out. You end up with a perfectly round hole that way. If you aren't going to do it yourself, there are probably 25 rod shops in Tampa that would do it.

If you really must do this, that is.

SAUTO 04-27-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11462185)
Personally, I wouldn't drill the holes. I would pilot them with a small drill bit and then use a sheet metal punch to broach them out. You end up with a perfectly round hole that way. If you aren't going to do it yourself, there are probably 25 rod shops in Tampa that would do it.

If you really must do this, that is.

I've got a drill bit that's made for holes like he needs. It's leaves perfect holes.

SAUTO 04-27-2015 05:09 PM

http://http://www.google.com/imgres?...d=0CEkQMyghMCE

SAUTO 04-27-2015 05:10 PM

Does that show up for anyone?

SAUTO 04-27-2015 05:11 PM

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CEkQMyghMCEthere is a link if needed

MIAdragon 04-27-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Ask Gary, if he won't do it when he details it he knows someone who can.

Brock 04-27-2015 07:25 PM

That's a new one on me.

BigRedChief 04-27-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11462232)
Ask Gary, if he won't do it when he details it he knows someone who can.

Yeah he knew the best tint guy in the SW. There is not a chance in hell of me taking a drill to my hood.

BTW, my dealer confirmed that they were told only a 1000 of these are going to be made in 2015.

Dodge is going to make them available to everyone in 2016. I guess that means they see a money maker and lets get the plant rolling these suckers out as long as their is someone to buy them.

Question for you car guys, why didn't they ramp up production this year on the SCAT Pack Shakers? They knew it was going to be featured in Furious 7. Seems they missed an opportunity to make a pile of money?

SAUTO 04-27-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11462233)
That's a new one on me.

If you are commenting on that bit it works great. The pilot is spring loaded and there is a concaved springy washer behind the cutter.

BigRedChief 04-27-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11462101)
So...

The old man will never drive his car, he passed away early Saturday. I got the call as I was walking in the shop this morning.

Looks like my Friday will be spent driving his car to his funeral. :(

Well shit. :sulk:

SAUTO 04-27-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11462277)
Well shit. :sulk:

Yep today was a real bummer around the shop.

Brock 04-27-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11462268)
If you are commenting on that bit it works great. The pilot is spring loaded and there is a concaved springy washer behind the cutter.

I'll have to get one of those. Occasionally I need to put a blind hole in and I don't like those step drills you see everywhere.