ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC ***Official Soccer Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339317)

POND_OF_RED 11-20-2021 02:44 PM

Sporting kicks off its playoff run today at 4PM. Hopefully Pulido, Salloi, and Russell can all find their form together quick with Pulido back in the lineup now and we can go on a little magical MLS Cup run.

George Liquor 11-20-2021 03:02 PM

I just can't get into MLS, I don't know why.

George Liquor 11-28-2021 04:12 PM

Oof what a shitty way to end your season SKC

petegz28 11-28-2021 04:24 PM

Well, that sucked. They deserved the loss though. They played like absolute shit. Slow to every 50-50 ball. Let RSL spend the entire game in the attack zone. Indecisive and overthinking every time they got a scoring chance.

Deberg_1990 11-28-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15979877)
Oof what a shitty way to end your season SKC

They had a decent season. Nothing great.

Gary Cooper 11-28-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15965458)
I just can't get into MLS, I don't know why.

It's like watching pinball. Most goals are scored off fluke bounces. Lack of technical skill. Third rate referees also. The league is making money and growing beyond its wildest dreams in 1996. However, the product is watered down.

There are American football leagues in Europe. They're just not that good. Nowhere near NFL quality. You wouldn't enjoy watching them much.

Oh and Peter Vermes should be fired. This team should have played in more than one Final during the last 12 years. Great regular seasons followed by playoff choking. Blowing home field advantage many of those times. This dude makes Marty Schottenheimer look like Bill Belichick in the playoffs.

TribalElder 11-28-2021 04:35 PM

Feel bad that Mahomie had to watch the team lose

Gary Cooper 11-28-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15979944)
Feel bad that Mahomie had to watch the team lose

He needs to flex his ownership muscles. Get a new coach. Or convince Messi/Ronaldo to retire in Europe and finish their career here.

George Liquor 11-28-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15979936)
It's like watching pinball. Most goals are scored off fluke bounces. Lack of technical skill. Third rate referees also. The league is making money and growing beyond its wildest dreams in 1996. However, the product is watered down.

There are American football leagues in Europe. They're just not that good. Nowhere near NFL quality. You wouldn't enjoy watching them much.

Oh and Peter Vermes should be fired. This team should have played in more than one Final during the last 12 years. Great regular seasons followed by playoff choking. Blowing home field advantage many of those times. This dude makes Marty Schottenheimer look like Bill Belichick in the playoffs.

Wife is a huge SKC fan. She basically said after Salt Lake scored the 2nd goal that this is how SKC loses every year in the playoffs.

Al Czervik 11-28-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Bingo....

Vermes chokes on his own spit....
Time to move on....

Bearcat 11-28-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

However, the product is watered down.

The NFL is as well.... I mean, not that I'm going to flip on the CFL or anything.

Gary Cooper 11-28-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15980047)
The NFL is as well.... I mean, not that I'm going to flip on the CFL or anything.

The NFL is by far the best football league in the world. Watered down? Because there's too many teams? Were NFL games better quality 20 years ago when there were fewer teams?

carlos3652 11-28-2021 06:26 PM

Was at the game. The last 35 min was pure crap. Basically how we played the last 3 games of the season where we lost all of them to crappy teams.

RSL made a huge tactical change in the 55th min (or so) that changed the game and we had no answer for it… they were free on our wings and they had speed. Our guys look tired.

The team had nothing left in the tank. Was expecting this type of game vs Vancouver which made it even worse because we were incredible last game.

Over it. Here is to next year.

MAG 11-28-2021 09:08 PM

CAN HIS ASS

Deberg_1990 11-30-2021 09:13 PM

This New England vs NYC match is incredible