ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326541)

DaneMcCloud 11-25-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14618789)
Idiots...

Another error in judgement by Abrams.

He should have never mentioned this issue in public, let alone, say "I want to but I won't" on Good Morning America.

It'll eventually leak and that person will be demonized by the internet.

This entire Episode IX debacle is beyond disastrous.

Frazod 11-25-2019 04:45 PM

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Every new story reinforces my decision not to see it.

DaneMcCloud 11-25-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14618892)
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Every new story reinforces my decision not to see it.

What's even more shocking to me is that they are publicly confirming things that I was told privately, things that normally don't get out before a movie is released, if ever.

It's almost as if there's a concerted effort to ruin this film.

DJ's left nut 11-25-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14618906)
What's even more shocking to me is that they are publicly confirming things that I was told privately, things that normally don't get out before a movie is released, if ever.

Well that was pretty much the only way they could've destroyed this saga the way they have.

I mean, it's hard to **** something up this badly on accident. So yeah, your 'concerted effort' theory makes sense.

Frazod 11-25-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14618906)

Works for me. :thumb:

Baby Lee 11-26-2019 04:26 AM

ROFL ROFL - small world. I've been listening to 'You Must Remember This' podcast for a long while now, . . . off and on.

It's a single-person narrated history of cinema. Narrator researches the forgotten or glossed over insider stories of the dirty work of making movies down through the years, mostly focused on the golden age and the studio system.

Recently, though, it has gotten more strident, snarky and SJW-y. So I'm listening and the tone is getting strident and I decide to find out what this chick's deal is.

Her name is Karina Longworth [I knew that part] and she married Rian Johnson last year. . . . ROFL ROFL

Buehler445 11-26-2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14619876)
ROFL ROFL - small world. I've been listening to 'You Must Remember This' podcast for a long while now, . . . off and on.

It's a single-person narrated history of cinema. Narrator researches the forgotten or glossed over insider stories of the dirty work of making movies down through the years, mostly focused on the golden age and the studio system.

Recently, though, it has gotten more strident, snarky and SJW-y. So I'm listening and the tone is getting strident and I decide to find out what this chick's deal is.

Her name is Karina Longworth [I knew that part] and she married Rian Johnson last year. . . . ROFL ROFL

ROFL

Sassy Squatch 11-26-2019 11:41 AM

The goof who left the script was probably Matt Smith.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14620245)
The goof who left the script was probably Matt Smith.

It was John Boyega

notorious 11-27-2019 12:44 PM

Well, has anyone posted the spoilers.

I really don't give much of a shit about the movie, I will read them.

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14611481)
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I've so far successfully fought the urge. :D

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread but Disney has restored the original 20th Century Fox Fanfare in Episodes I-XI.

Fun Fact #1: George asked John Williams to compose the Star Wars Theme in the same key as the Fox Fanfare so that it would feel "seamless" to the audience.

Fun Fact #2: The Fox Fanfare was composed by Oscar winning Composer Alfred Newman, father to film composers David and Thomas Newman and uncle to Randy Newman, all of whom have been nominated for or won an Academy Award for Best Composer.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14621615)
I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread but Disney has restored the original 20th Century Fox Fanfare in Episodes I-XI.

Fun Fact #1: George asked John Williams to compose the Star Wars Theme in the same key as the Fox Fanfare so that it would feel "seamless" to the audience.

Fun Fact #2: The Fox Fanfare was composed by Oscar winning Composer Alfred Newman, father to film composers David and Thomas Newman and uncle to Randy Newman, all of whom have been nominated for or won an Academy Award for Best Composer.

What did you think of George tinkering with the Greedo scene again in Star Wars? “Maclunkey!”

Doesn’t bother me, but just seems bizarre?

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14621723)
What did you think of George tinkering with the Greedo scene again in Star Wars? “Maclunkey!”

Doesn’t bother me, but just seems bizarre?

From my understanding, it's a change that George made more than a decade ago but has never been released.

I don't have the reason as to why it was included for Disney Plus.

Frazod 11-27-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14621615)

The only thing I'm interested in at this point is them restoring the '77, '80 and '83 films to their original theatrical condition and releasing them on blu ray. I'd buy that. Nothing else.

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14621803)
The only thing I'm interested in at this point is them restoring the '77, '80 and '83 films to their original theatrical condition and releasing them on blu ray. I'd buy that. Nothing else.

There's been some talk of re-releasing the original films, especially since Disney owns the entire Fox catalog.

I think the biggest issue would be to clean up and digitize the originals. I have no idea what shape those are in because Lucasfilm has made so many changes and edits, which have been to the digital copies and not the film stock.

I'd imagine that they'll need to weigh the cost of cleanup and converting the originals to 4K before any reissues take place.

I have a good friend that works at Disney in the Archive department and if I hear this is moving forward, I'll definitely post.