ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Security line getting into the stadium (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320745)

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14066084)
I've always headed in around 45 minutes prior to the game and never missed pregame intros or the anthem at this gate. Based on previous experiences 1 hour should have been more than enough. There was clearly something wrong with how security was screening at this gate for this game.

Unfortunately, we will probably never know. This shit continues next year and that may end me attending games. That said, if they increase the ticket prices again this year, that may end me sooner.

I'm a former STH, and I've loved the freedom to go when I want/can. With my hockey schedule it gets tough, but we go enough IMO, and not paying for preseason is wonderful.

007 01-23-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14066092)
I'm a former STH, and I've loved the freedom to go when I want/can. With my hockey schedule it gets tough, but we go enough IMO, and not paying for preseason is wonderful.

eh. If I drop season tickets, I probably won't go to any games. I don't care for the upcharge that comes with single game tickets.

A Salt Weapon 01-23-2019 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14062551)
Do other stadiums have this problem?

I don’t think so. I’ve been to numerous games in Seattle and never spent more than 10-15 minutes to get through security, also in Denver we tailgated until about 20 minutes before kickoff, and made it through security and to our seats before kickoff.

RINGLEADER 01-23-2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14060525)
We got into a small line around 415. Had no issues and got right through. That was lot C side.

When we walked by the lines on our way to the CP tailgate around 3, the lines were super long.

This was my experience. No problems on the lot C side.

But the pre-game sucked when the flyover screwed up the “home of the CHIEFS” part of the national anthem. Gave me flashbacks to 97 when they screwed blowing up Elway in effigy. I knew it wasn’t a good sign...

RINGLEADER 01-23-2019 04:04 AM

They also seem to have real issues at times scanning tickets off phones but not sure if that is a case-by-case thing or something else...

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14066117)
eh. If I drop season tickets, I probably won't go to any games. I don't care for the upcharge that comes with single game tickets.

Don't go that far man. I've almost never paid face value for tickets I've bought. Granted, the surcharges might take it over, but there's nothing worse than paying the same price for preseason. I know they'd just adjust the other games if we demanded to see a cheaper price for preseason on the ticket, but the point remains that paying close to face price for a 3-4 games a year is very nice...

Chiefspants 01-23-2019 02:09 PM

Had this issue in our game against Oakland.

We were 20 or so minutes early to the gate (hadn't seen a game since 2013 and figured we'd be fine).

Missed half of the first quarter, it was 14-0 when we got our seats.

Beerthirty 01-23-2019 06:58 PM

They took my peanuts out of my clear bad. Did they think k I'm gonna throw them at Tom Brady?

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerthirty (Post 14068147)
They took my peanuts out of my clear bad. Did they think k I'm gonna throw them at Tom Brady?

Were they green?

Predarat 01-24-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkrueg (Post 14062361)
Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is the gate in question. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac13145d70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes that looks awful. Glad there were not any crowd crushes or anything like that.