ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319010)

Buehler445 11-21-2018 11:58 PM

I have a 4 year old daughter and I can't imagine anything she could ever do to leave cuts on her reproductive organs.

Christ.

jaa1025 11-22-2018 12:05 AM

I have no problem with parents using a belt, wooden paddle etc to spank children within reason. It's really no ones business unless it crosses that line.

dlphg9 11-22-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 13909561)
I have no problem with parents using a belt, wooden paddle etc to spank children within reason. It's really no ones business unless it crosses that line.

Using an object to hit your kids is ****ed up. Maybe when someone is speeding the cop should just pull you out of your vehicle and hit you with a bat or when you are drunk and acting like an idiot you should be tazed.

dlphg9 11-22-2018 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13909544)
What do you do then when grounding, taking all their "stuff" away, talking hasn't worked and they are continuing on with bad behavior?

Hit them with a brick

Cornstock 11-22-2018 12:31 AM

All I know is that that the guy has the meanest outside cut I've seen since 2000, Charles, Tomlinson, Holmes, etc included

arrwheader 11-22-2018 12:38 AM

LOL that makes you a POS neg rep to OP forever.

RealSNR 11-22-2018 12:49 AM

It's a part of the ****ing culture down South. Peterson probably believes in that shit more than he believes 2 + 2 = 4.

Somebody should take him out back and beat that parenting belief out of him. He needs to be tamed because he's just an unruly parent. And when you think he's learned his lesson, give him a few more good hits with the hope that he'll have some sense knocked into him!

kjwood75nro 11-22-2018 01:17 AM

My father had a paddle that he personally crafted, named Leroy (no idea why) with a scary, cartoonish face drawn on it.

My sister and my names were written on the board, and every spanking we received (always 1-3 swats, and it didn't count if we tried to block it or moved), counted as our tally, and whoever got to 5 first had to pay it off in extra chores.

My sister always "won."

Outlandish, perhaps, but it established clear-cut boundaries, set by functional adults, that surely helped us avoid long-term psychological dysfunction.

Adrian's case is definitely extreme by modern standards, but by the standards that my father lived through (1960-present), it's fairly normal.

-King- 11-22-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909564)
Using an object to hit your kids is ****ed up. Maybe when someone is speeding the cop should just pull you out of your vehicle and hit you with a bat or when you are drunk and acting like an idiot you should be tazed.

How do you discipline your kids?
Posted via Mobile Device

jaa1025 11-22-2018 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909564)

That's your opinion and you are welcomed to it. I completely disagree though and it's been an acceptable form of punishment throughout history. As long as it is infrequent and used correctly, it is a very healthy way of properly raising a child. If you go to far and too often then that's where problems begin. On the other side, if you don't discipline your children then that can be just as damaging for them.

I also would like to see corporal punishment become a part of our legal system like Singapore. For some offenses, I'd much rather have the justice system cane someone a few times instead of sentencing them to a jail for 6 months for some charges. Do it in a public setting and the crime rate will go down. It will also save a lot of tax payer money since we aren't jailing as many people. (Just caning, not cutting off hands like a few 3rd world countries)

Deberg_1990 11-22-2018 07:34 AM

Not sure why Peterson answered the question? He could have just said no comment

cabletech94 11-22-2018 07:55 AM

its not a big deal. i still fight dogs.

/mike vick

displacedinMN 11-22-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Peterson probably believes in that shit more than he believes 2 + 2 = 4.
Quote:

Not sure why Peterson answered the question? He could have just said no comment

No one said he was smart.

RealSNR 11-22-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 13909583)

Adrian's case is definitely extreme by modern standards, but by the standards that my father lived through (1960-present), it's fairly normal.

And it's time for AP to grow the **** up and understand that what he learned as a child perhaps ISN'T the best way to do things, especially when it nearly cost him his multi-million earnings job.

Demonpenz 11-22-2018 08:35 AM

I like how CP thinks of itself as a becon of mental health.