ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry on track for December return (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318933)

TribalElder 11-19-2018 12:14 PM

isn't the superbowl in atlanta this year?

last time in atlanta berry had a pick for each parent in a chiefs win

nfl needs more of this story

DJ's left nut 11-19-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13898777)
The only way to be 100% safe from this is to just not play. Would anybody be surprised to see Berry suffer a season-ending injury in his first game back at this point?

If he's playing through pain, he's bound to continue doing strange things that could lead to... oh, you know... a torn achilles, perhaps?

And at that point, he's 100% done. And I would hope the team would see the same thing and finally treat Berry as a business decision.

He's gonna find some way to ensure we can't cut him next season without an injury settlement, IMO.

He'll play, 'aggravate' it, have surgery and then miss most, if not all, of 2019 recovering and we won't be able to cut him because of it.

BlackOp 11-19-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13897859)
I guess you forgot he had an All Pro season playing under the franchise tag.

He beat cancer had an all pro season, was franchised and played in all 16 games and had an all pro year, then got paid.

He didn't make a stink to get the money he ****ing earned it.

Even I thought he was overpaid in the contract but you all would still be bitching if he was making $2MM a year less so its moot.

He most certainly caused a stink...he severed contact with Dorsey and the hold out news went national. Chunt had to intervene and once he got his record deal..he was still miffed at JD and was blowing off practices.

Since his cancer ordeal...Berry has assumed this "Zen master" persona. You would think someone with this new found, otherworldly insight into the inner-workings of the universe would be pragmatic enough to admit he was a "high risk" signing....and work WITH the team that stood beside him (and paid) during his treatment.

There was risk of remission, long term complications from Chemo, a chronic heel condition and past ACL surgery. Dorsey HAD to consider these risks before just throwing money at him...Berry didn't want to hear it and went above him. Berry was the unreasonable one in this whole ordeal...JD was protecting the team from this very scenario.

Berry played Chunt for his loyalty and used bad press to manipulate him. It wasn't a good look to have your comeback player of the year, face of the franchise, cancer survivor holding out and KC looking "insensitive".

Berry hasn't played a complete game since...

Marcellus 11-19-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13900630)
FYP

I think the team felt he would play LONG before now.

No doubt but the fact is he is still on the active roster which means they still expect him back.

Marcellus 11-19-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13900737)

There was risk of remission, long term complications from Chemo, a chronic heel condition and past ACL surgery. Dorsey HAD to consider these risks before just throwing money at him...Berry didn't want to hear it and went above him. Berry was the unreasonable one in this whole ordeal...JD was protecting the team from this very scenario.

Berry didn't have a heel issue before the contract dude, he had a guy dive into his knee, not his fault, he had to battle cancer, again not his fault.

He played a full season on the franchise tag and played at an all pro level. That was year 2 AFTER cancer.He deserved to be paid and he was going to get paid by someone even if it wasn't the Chiefs. You guys keep acting like he got the contract after playing 1 season after he beat cancer, it was 2 all pro seasons later.

And exactly like I said the exact amount of $ means jack shit to this argument, the same people would be bitching if Berry were making $10MM annually so really its not relevant.

Edit: And for the record I think they gave him too much on the contract and said so at the time.

BlackOp 11-19-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13900782)
Berry didn't have a heel issue before the contract dude,

He most certainly did...he's had it for years. Go back and read some training camp threads from before his cancer. I believe he's had issues since he was at Tennessee.

Berry might be your favorite player...but dont let that cloud the reality of how this deal went down.

EB didnt like the idea of taking an insurance policy out in case of complications...and played it up into a distraction. I believe his agent was partially to blame for this angle....he saw it as an opportunity to cash in on the cancer survior story. It was a fair request from JD considering the magnitude of the contract...

Dorsey didnt draft Berry...so he had no skin in the game. I dont think he even wanted to resign him...but there was pressure from Chunt and the PR angle. I think AR was concerned about the LR temperature too. EB knew this and cut him out of the negotiation loop.

Once an owner lets a player usurp the contract control of a GM...there is no repairing it.

bowener 11-19-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13900782)
Berry didn't have a heel issue before the contract dude, he had a guy dive into his knee, not his fault, he had to battle cancer, again not his fault.

He played a full season on the franchise tag and played at an all pro level. That was year 2 AFTER cancer.He deserved to be paid and he was going to get paid by someone even if it wasn't the Chiefs. You guys keep acting like he got the contract after playing 1 season after he beat cancer, it was 2 all pro seasons later.

And exactly like I said the exact amount of $ means jack shit to this argument, the same people would be bitching if Berry were making $10MM annually so really its not relevant.

Edit: And for the record I think they gave him too much on the contract and said so at the time.

Stop trying. Some people are just dumb as ****.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-19-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13900675)
He's gonna find some way to ensure we can't cut him next season without an injury settlement, IMO.

He'll play, 'aggravate' it, have surgery and then miss most, if not all, of 2019 recovering and we won't be able to cut him because of it.

How can that be done? Isn't the contract the contract? We'd have to eat the dead money, but an injury settlement? **** that. Dude would be lucky to get a gig with the Jets after pulling some shit like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13900737)
He most certainly caused a stink...he severed contact with Dorsey and the hold out news went national. Chunt had to intervene and once he got his record deal..he was still miffed at JD and was blowing off practices.

Since his cancer ordeal...Berry has assumed this "Zen master" persona. You would think someone with this new found, otherworldly insight into the inner-workings of the universe would be pragmatic enough to admit he was a "high risk" signing....and work WITH the team that stood beside him (and paid) during his treatment.

Berry played Chunt for his loyalty and used bad press to manipulate him. It wasn't a good look to have your comeback player of the year, face of the franchise, cancer survivor holding out and KC looking "insensitive".

Berry hasn't played a complete game since...

Don't forget the payout during cancer treatment that the Chiefs had NO ****ING OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to pay, but mistakenly and stupidly assumed they were dealing with a grateful, character-laden individual...

BlackOp ****in' KILLIN' IT.

Repppp-ah!

ToxSocks 11-19-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13900981)
Don't forget the payout during cancer treatment that the Chiefs had NO ****ING OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to pay

BlackOp ****in' KILLIN' IT.

Repppp-ah!

NO1CURRS

You're not Clark. You're not the Chiefs. It's not your money.

Now quit being a bitch, mm'kay?

Easy 6 11-19-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13900675)

You sure know how to piss all over a reasonably hopeful idea

Whats worse, is that you're probably right

Marcellus 11-19-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13901066)
You sure know how to piss all over a reasonably hopeful idea

Whats worse, is that you're probably right

I have no idea why people question Berry's character. Yea the guy has worked to make as much $ as he can but that's just business.

I am a firm believer if he didn't think he could play he would work something out. Now the difference is whether a guy can admit he is done when he is done which rarely happens.

Easy 6 11-19-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13901070)
I have no idea why people question Berry's character. Yea the guy has worked to make as much $ as he can but that's just business.

I am a firm believer if he didn't think he could play he would work something out. Now the difference is whether a guy can admit he is done when he is done which rarely happens.

I've long avoided questioning his character, in fact I've come to the defense of his character several times... I'm not really seeing anything DJ said that would be considered a slam on EBs character

But personally, it'll be time to move on from Berry in 2019, in whatever way we can... the mystery, the suspense, the valid questions about what he has left... it all adds up to a badly needed divorce IMO

loochy 11-19-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13901070)
I am a firm believer if he didn't think he could play he would work something out.

Why?
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside 11-19-2018 03:58 PM

On the next episode of Crank Yankers...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-19-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13900984)
NO1CURRS

You're not Clark. You're not the Chiefs. It's not your money.

Now quit being a bitch, mm'kay?

1) Not the money, the principal. Clark can buy embryonic popsicles for Berry to suck on all day for all I give a ****.

2) Best days gone, time to move on!

Is what it is, now fist yourself, mm'kay?