ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs David Carr " Chiefs have higher upside with Mahomes" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311728)

TLO 11-22-2017 12:36 PM

MAHOMES MAHOMES MAHOMES!

TLO 11-22-2017 12:36 PM

MUH-HOMES

PAChiefsGuy 11-22-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13232922)
Go ahead and answer the question

Doesn't matter what I think. I said before I trust Reid to make those decisions. Unlike you guys I don't think I am know more about QBs than a HOF HC who used to be a QB coach.

So I am not worried about the QBs. Reid will do what is right for the team. There are other areas of the team I am much more concerned about.

The Franchise 11-22-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13232934)
Doesn't matter what I think. I said before I trust Reid to make those decisions. Unlike you guys I don't think I am know more about QBs than a HOF HC who used to be a QB coach.

So I am not worried about the QBs. Reid will do what is right for the team. There are other areas of the team I am much more concerned about.

So will you follow Smith to his next team?

PAChiefsGuy 11-22-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13232792)
Russell wilson has played in 12 playoff games. Only once has he scored less than 20 points. Get out of here with this shit about that performance being anything like Russell Wilsons playoff experience. Alex Smith has played in half the playoff games and has twice as many games under 20 (if not for the new england garbage td at the end, it would be half). If your qb can't put up 20 at home in the playoffs, that is not a good performance.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/

Reread my post. I said he had a horrible playoff gm when the Seahawks won the SB and it was worse than the game Smitty had against the Steelers. It is the truth.

Here are Russel Wilsons stats against the Saints in the divisional rd when the Seahawks won 23-15

9/18, 103 yds, 50 compl %, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 47.9 QB Rating, 3 rush, 16 yds

Luckily Marshawn Lynch played great and Seahawks #1 D held the Saints to 15-pts so they won. The point I was trying to make is you can win playoff games in a variety of ways. If Smitty is struggling in a playoff gm the ability to run the football/stop the run is huge. We are going to need that cause everyone knows I like Smitty but he's more than likely not going to go out and light it up all the time..

So while I agree with you that Smitty deserves a lot of the blame for that Steelers loss lets not act like he can't win the SB or that one playoff game means he sucks. Now if he was always playing like that in the playoffs you would have a point but we both know that is not the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13232935)
So will you follow Smith to his next team?

No more than I would any other Chiefs QB that leaves.

I was a Chiefs fan long before Smitty came here. If I was a Alex Only fan I'd tell you. Don't care what anyone here thinks about me.

RunKC 11-22-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13232722)
i disagree. Our run defense was horrible and I'd say at least just as much of a reason for the loss as Smith was.. Tell me how many playoff teams have won when the opposing team has an RB that runs for 170 yds? I can't tell you the exact answer but I know it is not many. Not to mention we had a ton of dropped balls

Smittys stats were pretty much just as good as Big Bens and Smiths INT wasn't even his fault. It was a caused by pressure. He still had a bad game but it wasn't as bad as many on here are making it out to be. The year the Seahawks won the SB Russel Wilson had a game much worse than Smith's Steelers game.

LeVeon Bell: 0 TD's
Big Ben: 0 TD's
Antonio Brown: 0 TD's
Steelers offense:0 TD's

The Franchise 11-22-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13232943)

It doesn't matter, man. The narrative will always be about how the defense allowed 170 rushing yards and 18 points. They will never back off of that stance.

PAChiefsGuy 11-22-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Our D did a fantastic job in the red zone but other than that they got dominated by the run game. I'm not saying they were bad overall but they certainly did not do a good job stopping the run.

If you are going to criticize Smitty for his playoff performance cool but don't throw a hissy fit when someone criticizes another part of the team because you hate Alex Smith.

Best22 11-22-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Both sides of the ball were garbage

Proof that we needed not only a quarterback but also defensive talent

Reerun_KC 11-22-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13232929)
MAHOMES MAHOMES MAHOMES!

This.

Reerun_KC 11-22-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13232930)
MUH-HOMES

More of this!

RippedmyFlesh 11-22-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13232963)
Our D did a fantastic job in the red zone but other than that they got dominated by the run game. I'm not saying they were bad overall but they certainly did not do a good job stopping the run.

If you are going to criticize Smitty for his playoff performance cool but don't throw a hissy fit when someone criticizes another part of the team because you hate Alex Smith.

When a playoff opponent is held to 18 points you have to win. The defense kept them under 20 so they did their job regardless of "stats".

bigjosh 11-22-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 13233122)
When a playoff opponent is held to 18 points you have to win. The defense kept them under 20 so they did their job regardless of "stats".

Kind of like when your defense holds the bottom feeder giants to 9 points.

Chief3188 11-22-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13233126)
Kind of like when your defense holds the bottom feeder giants to 9 points.

With your offense giving up 2 turnovers inside their own 50 that resulted in 6 of those points.

Bottom damn line is Smith didn’t do his job during the Steelers, Cowboys and Giants game. While he did do enough in the Oakland game he also came up short in the clutch when all we needed was one first down.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2017 03:07 PM

Does PA Reidbot ever think for himself?

Or does he just mosey over to KCC.com and get his marching orders from that dumb whore Suzi Kolber?