ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What would you do if your neighbor.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200018)

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken (Post 5373814)
There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.

Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....

Sure-Oz 01-09-2009 05:33 PM

I still want to see how bright this ****er is, take a picture

cardken 01-09-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373822)
Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....

Best of luck

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5373826)
I still want to see how bright this ****er is, take a picture

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188997

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.

Sure-Oz 01-09-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373835)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188997

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.

That is a big ball of sun in front of their house

MichaelH 01-09-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5373379)
Pellet gun.

After you've shot the bulb out enough times, they'll get the message.

Without reading the other posts, this is the winner. And if they complain, shoot them. But only below the knees. :D

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5373836)
That is a big ball of sun in front of their house

You should see it in person. I do not know how their neighbors right across the streeet tolerate it. But it literally you have to cover your eyes if oyu are sitting on my deck. It is just irritating.

Iowanian 01-09-2009 05:51 PM

I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.

A dimmer bulb would probably fix it too.

Skip Towne 01-09-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5373867)
I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.

Wouldn't frozen paint balls be better?

Iowanian 01-09-2009 06:11 PM

That would be barbaric and uneccessary.

KC Jones 01-09-2009 06:25 PM

It's a crazy thought, but I would try talking to them.

kstater 01-09-2009 06:26 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it'd probably be best if you just talked to them. They probably don't know it's affecting their neighbors so much. No reason to be a dick and call the cops on them.

And without knowing the guy, you don't want to talk to the big scary black man because you think it'll cause a confrontation?

Bwana 01-09-2009 06:48 PM

Bird Bombs............

Mecca 01-09-2009 07:20 PM

If anyone put up a light that shined into my bedroom window, since I like complete darkness when sleeping, I would be really pissed.

I'd go to court before I felt bad about being a dick because my thought would be, you were a dick first putting up that ****ing thing so you get a dick response.

RNR 01-09-2009 07:31 PM

I would try a come to Jesus meeting with him first.