ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338036)

New World Order 04-26-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15645578)
So is Sammy Watkins.

Again, he's 32. He's guaranteed $15M. And he missed half of last season with a hamstring injury, an injury he's had no less than SIX TIMES in his NFL career.

I honestly don't care how good he is. I wouldn't take him unless he was pretty much free. I want guys that can be relied upon to be suited up on game day.

Wat?

DaneMcCloud 04-26-2021 12:42 PM

Not just a "no", but **** NO.

This wanting of old, washed up broke dicks just never ****ing ends around here.

htismaqe 04-26-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15645585)
Wat?

When Sammy Watkins is on the field, he's an elite player. It's true.

The only difference is that to this point, Jones has played through most of injuries while Sammy usually sits out when he gets hurt.

The problem is that, at Jones' age, his body might not be able to do that as much, even if he is willing.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-26-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15645251)
Someone will trade for him, no way he gets cut.

Maybe, that's a big salary to pick up in this cap short year...

New World Order 04-26-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15645589)

The only difference is that to this point, Jones has played through most of injuries while Sammy usually sits out when he gets hurt.

The problem is that, at Jones' age, his body might not be able to do that as much, even if he is willing.

Sammy plays when he's hurt. He played 14 games last year. He just doesn't produce like Julio because he isn't nearly as good.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-26-2021 12:57 PM

Dante high as **** again

ForeverIowan 04-26-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15645589)

Julio Jones and Sammy Watkins not in the same freaking stratosphere!

htismaqe 04-26-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 15645648)
Julio Jones and Sammy Watkins not in the same freaking stratosphere!

Sammy Watkins is a borderline elite WR. Julio Jones is a generational talent.

Jesus Christ, I didn't know I literally had to spell it out to make you guys understand I'm not saying that Watkins is even close to Jones in terms of talent.

However, both guys are very good WR's that are CONSTANTLY hurt. Jones has traditionally played through those injuries and not missed as much time as Watkins but he's also 4 years older than Watkins and he's not going to be able to do it forever.

DaneMcCloud 04-26-2021 01:12 PM

I'd like to think the Chiefs are smart enough not to give up a draft pick or picks for a 32 year old, oft-injured wide receiver while paying him $15 million dollars.

Dante84 04-26-2021 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15645627)
Dante high as **** again

Dante84 04-26-2021 01:21 PM

I get all your points, and basically landed on “if Veach sees value, I’m down.” I also recognize it’s unlikely.

But you won’t stop my dick from getting hard when I think about Patrick throwing to Julio. Don’t kink-shame.

ForeverIowan 04-26-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15645664)
Sammy Watkins is a borderline elite WR. Julio Jones is a generational talent.

Jesus Christ, I didn't know I literally had to spell it out to make you guys understand I'm not saying that Watkins is even close to Jones in terms of talent.

However, both guys are very good WR's that are CONSTANTLY hurt. Jones has traditionally played through those injuries and not missed as much time as Watkins but he's also 4 years older than Watkins and he's not going to be able to do it forever.

Sammy Watkins was an elite prospect who at this point in his career is a total bust. In his seven years in the league he averages 650 yards and 5 touchdowns a season. Those are pretty much JAG numbers.

Julio Jones will likely be a first ballot HOFer and a top ten wide receiver to ever play the game.

Lets just stop the comparison is all I am saying. They don't belong in the same sentence together.

The Franchise 04-26-2021 01:30 PM

Our WR room needs to get younger. Not older.

Eureka 04-26-2021 01:43 PM

At some point the Chiefs are going to want young cheap talent to offset the big contracts.

bricks 04-26-2021 01:58 PM

Count me in!

I gladly take Jones. He is worth it.