ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Paying Fools Top Tier Contracts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318998)

BossChief 11-21-2018 03:10 PM

Looking at possible FA corners...it’s sbsolutely debatable if we should keep Steven Nelson or not. He’s quite possibly the best FA option on the market. Veach might be wise to extend him sooner rather than later.

If I’m running the team, I’m seeing if I can retain Bailey, Sherman and Nelson on reasonable deals (if they want too much let em walk and get a comp pick in 2020 for them) franchising Ford and letting the rest hit FA...hoping for good comp picks from Conley and Morse.

RunKC 11-21-2018 03:14 PM

I think people are too upset about Houston and Berry. We must remember the good things that have happened with paying players.

Kelce has been 100% worth the money. Schwartz has never missed a snap in his career. Fisher is an average tackle who has played well minus 1 game and has played something like 50 straight games without injury.

It sucks what happened to Justin Houston. That was a terrible, unlucky injury. If that didn’t happen, would we be singing a different tune about him?

As for Berry, I think that’s a valuable lesson that we shouldn’t pay big money or a long (more than 3 year deal) to a player on his 3rd contract.

BossChief 11-21-2018 03:26 PM

Guys I’m targeting in FA...if their respective position guy in KC is allowed to walk.

Landon Collins
Earl Thomas
Honey Badger
Lamarcus Joyner
Shane Rey/Shaq Barrett
Kareem Jackson
Ronald Darby
Demarcus Lawrence

SAUTO 11-21-2018 03:27 PM

I would pass on Thomas at this point I think

BossChief 11-21-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13908891)
I think people are too upset about Houston and Berry. We must remember the good things that have happened with paying players.

Kelce has been 100% worth the money. Schwartz has never missed a snap in his career. Fisher is an average tackle who has played well minus 1 game and has played something like 50 straight games without injury.

It sucks what happened to Justin Houston. That was a terrible, unlucky injury. If that didn’t happen, would we be singing a different tune about him?

As for Berry, I think that’s a valuable lesson that we shouldn’t pay big money or a long (more than 3 year deal) to a player on his 3rd contract.

This was Eric’s 2nd contract

BossChief 11-21-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13908924)
I would pass on Thomas at this point I think

Why?

Imo he’s probably the top guy I’d target. He’s a good tackler and is a ballhawk that changes games. He should also be affordable and would allow us to possibly have 2 elite safeties to take away the deep pass if Berry returns to form.

SAUTO 11-21-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13908930)
Why?

Imo he’s probably the top guy I’d target. He’s a good tackler and is a ballhawk that changes games.

Who knows how that leg is going to go, he's older , he's probably going to want 50 million

BossChief 11-21-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13908934)
Who knows how that leg is going to go, he's older , he's probably going to want 50 million

Nobody’s giving a 30 year old safety 50m. Broken bones heal stronger than before the break and he’s been a very reliable player in his career

He will be lucky to get 3 years in the mid 20s...if that.

SAUTO 11-21-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13908939)
Nobody’s giving a 30 year old safety 50m.

He will be lucky to get 3 years in the mid 20s...if that.

We'll see. He's going to get more than mid 20s IMO

SAUTO 11-21-2018 03:42 PM

But if he would sign for 3 and 21-25 million I might change my stance on it

JakeF 11-21-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13908881)
Looking at possible FA corners...it’s sbsolutely debatable if we should keep Steven Nelson or not. He’s quite possibly the best FA option on the market. Veach might be wise to extend him sooner rather than later.

If I’m running the team, I’m seeing if I can retain Bailey, Sherman and Nelson on reasonable deals (if they want too much let em walk and get a comp pick in 2020 for them) franchising Ford and letting the rest hit FA...hoping for good comp picks from Conley and Morse.

I love Sherman but we almost never use a fullback anymore.

I don't like Nelson at all, but he's a cornerback and they are so important. We pretty much have to keep him unless Veach goes out and finds a replacement.

BossChief 11-21-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13908945)
We'll see. He's going to get more than mid 20s IMO

Dude...look what the league said about safeties over the last year...

NY and TB put their young safeties on the market.

Honey Badger got peanuts

Numerous good safeties were still FAs well into free agency and into the PS and even regular season.

BossChief 11-21-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13908955)
I love Sherman but we almost never use a fullback anymore.

I don't like Nelson at all, but he's a cornerback and they are so important. We pretty much have to keep him unless Veach goes out and finds a replacement.

KC has nobody but Fuller at corner after this year.

They need to with keep him or replace him with something...and this FA class of corners is very thin...and that’s if the guys that might be available don’t re-sign with their current teams or go for the money in FA from any of the few teams with 100m in cap space.

The reality is Veach should be trying to extend Nelson for a reasonable deal.

SAUTO 11-21-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13908956)
Dude...look what the league said about safeties over the last year...

NY and TB put their young safeties on the market.

Honey Badger got peanuts

Numerous good safeties were still FAs well into free agency and into the PS and even regular season.

You might be right.

I just think earl is going to get paid. Every year and player are different

SAUTO 11-21-2018 03:49 PM

Honey badger isn't anywhere near the same level as earl Thomas either