ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2018 Free Agents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313128)

staylor26 04-15-2018 07:00 PM

Adam Caplan
Adam Caplan
@caplannfl
#Eagles cut Daryl Worley.
5:33 PM · Apr 15, 2018

Rausch 04-16-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13517895)
I think that is Veach’s strategy.

He will see how the draft falls, if a safety he likes falls to them then he will draft him & won’t sign a safety. If one doesn’t fall to him, then he will sign a FA safety. That’s the reason for the delay.

If think if Berry is ready to go at FS we can find someone passable at SS.

Corner is a desperate need though...

Red Dawg 04-16-2018 06:26 AM

Bring him in for a look.

mcaj22 04-16-2018 07:18 AM

Chargers rescinded Chris McCain's tender. Would be nice pass rush help/Dee Ford insurance.

nychief 04-16-2018 08:37 AM

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/985889049306193920

CJ anderson released

Titty Meat 04-16-2018 06:04 PM

Would

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks are expected to cut DT Malik McDowell "in the near future."

The 35th overall pick in last year's draft, McDowell didn't play a snap as a rookie after suffering severe injuries in an offseason ATV accident. McDowell was then arrested last December for disorderly conduct in Atlanta. McDowell was a top-20 prospect on talent alone coming out of Michigan State in 2017, but fell in the draft due to off-field concerns, which now appear warranted.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Apr 16 - 5:17 PM

staylor26 04-16-2018 06:07 PM

Yikes. The Seahawks have completely wasted two 2nd’s in two years.

O.city 04-16-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13519679)

They’ve blown a ton of picks and wasted trades

Since Mcconaghan left their drafts are ass

BryanBusby 04-16-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13519679)

Can't really fault them on this last one, but yeah it's a good indication as to why that roster looks thin today.

Simply Red 04-16-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13518388)
Adam Caplan
Adam Caplan
@caplannfl
#Eagles cut Daryl Worley.
5:33 PM · Apr 15, 2018

soft pass

Pasta Little Brioni 04-17-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13519838)
soft pass

I trust you!!

OmahaChief 04-25-2018 01:10 PM

This might be a contributing factor in why Eric Reid is not being signed.

After the Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross raised the idea of a “march on Washington” by N.F.L. players and owners, Eric Reid, Kaepernick’s former teammate and the first player to kneel alongside him, brought the discussion back to Kaepernick.

Reid, who attended the meeting wearing a Kaepernick T-shirt over his dress shirt and tie, said that his former teammate was being blackballed.

“I feel like he was hung out to dry,” Reid said of Kaepernick. “Everyone in here is talking about how much they support us.” The room fell quiet. “Nobody stepped up and said we support Colin’s right to do this. We all let him become Public Enemy No. 1 in this country, and he still doesn’t have a job.”

From this article.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...AVi?li=BBnb7Kz

Chris Meck 04-25-2018 03:15 PM

Man, I don't give a flying **** about kneeling during the anthem. And I'm a ****ing veteran, so spare me your outrage. I'd take Reid AND Kaepernick (as a back-up of course) in a heartbeat. I do not in any way think this should be a red flag. Whether your agree with their choice of protest or not, they have a point worth hearing.

cwhocares 04-25-2018 04:18 PM

Screw them both. Keep your personal and political feelings off the field. I watch and go to games as an escape from all the bulls@#% in the world. What you do on your own time is perfectly fine. The only reason they kneel at games is that if they were to protest anywhere else, no one would care. Why the owners/NFL allows this is beyond me.

MahiMike 04-25-2018 05:13 PM

They're doing the writers mock draft on ESPN2 now with that asshole Polian. They are already getting pissed at him. This is must see TV.

nychief 04-25-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhocares (Post 13530911)
Screw them both. Keep your personal and political feelings off the field. I watch and go to games as an escape from all the bulls@#% in the world. What you do on your own time is perfectly fine. The only reason they kneel at games is that if they were to protest anywhere else, no one would care. Why the owners/NFL allows this is beyond me.

go to a movie.

aturnis 04-25-2018 06:07 PM

Rofl
Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 13530997)
go to a movie.

O.city 05-02-2018 08:39 AM

Eric Reid filed some kind of grievance with the league this morning, so I'd imagine he's not gonna be playing any time soon.

chiefforlife 05-02-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13543010)
Eric Reid filed some kind of grievance with the league this morning, so I'd imagine he's not gonna be playing any time soon.

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports free agent S Eric Reid has filed a collusion grievance against the NFL.
Reid's attorney, Mark Geragos, is the same one who represents fellow free agent Colin Kaepernick in his collusion grievance against the league. Reid has drawn minimal interest as a free agent, visiting only the Bengals, who allegedly asked Reid if he still planned to kneel during the national anthem. It's pretty evident most teams are flat-out refusing to sign players like Reid for their protests. Reid is just 26, in the prime of his career, and coming off maybe his best NFL season.

Crap, I was hoping we might sign him at some point.

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2018 10:32 AM

So if teams are intentionally not signing guys who may still kneel is there anything wrong with that according to the CBA or law?

CoMoChief 05-02-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13543153)
So if teams are intentionally not signing guys who may still kneel is there anything wrong with that according to the CBA or law?

If owners are colluding under the table saying to eachother not to sign any of the protesting players...possibly.

Id think each individual franchise owner has the choice to not sign a player if they choose not to for whatever reason, but if theyre colluding with other owners to blackball them league wide...may be some issue there.

The owners arent dumb...theyve seen attendence and tv ratings drop. You dont think they want this ridiculous BLM shit to end? Its all based on a false narrative anyways.

Halfcan 05-02-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13543153)

Teams should have the right to Not sign a player if they feel his actions might bring negative attention and unwanted distractions to their team.

The kneeling thing was dumb, it didn't work and now these 2 idiots are going down with the ship.

Bewbies 05-02-2018 10:45 AM

Not signing people who kneel is beyond stupid. But the stupid comes from the fans who are pissed off by it, not by the owners who don't want to deal with that bull shit.

But if the owners all got together and said they'd blackball these guys, that's a problem.

Kiimo 05-02-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13543168)
Teams should have the right to Not sign a player if they feel his actions might bring negative attention and unwanted distractions to their team.

The kneeling thing was dumb, it didn't work and now these 2 idiots are going down with the ship.

It's not as dumb as caring what other people do during the national anthem which is some jingoistic nationalist nonsense.

Red Dawg 05-02-2018 11:26 AM

I don't see them winning in court. NFL has the money, endless piles of it. They made their beds and now have to lie in them. They thought they were important but they aren't and players won't help them. They need their money like everyone else.

They will try and get a settlement but I doubt they get anything. NFL isn't going to admit anything.

Mother****erJones 05-02-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhocares (Post 13530911)

Assholes like you are the problem

mcaj22 05-02-2018 11:32 AM

Kenny Vaccaro and Tre Boston are also FAs. Reid jumped the gun and should have waited until they signed. Nobody wants to pay these safeties 4 to 7 million per when they can get a starting caliber safety in that draft as late as the 4th or 5th round

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13543210)

Not really..Everyone is welcome to an opinion either way.The players knew the risk and now must accept the consequences. This is simply a case of for every action there is a reaction.

Best22 05-02-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 13543012)
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports free agent S Eric Reid has filed a collusion grievance against the NFL.
Reid's attorney, Mark Geragos, is the same one who represents fellow free agent Colin Kaepernick in his collusion grievance against the league. Reid has drawn minimal interest as a free agent, visiting only the Bengals, who allegedly asked Reid if he still planned to kneel during the national anthem. It's pretty evident most teams are flat-out refusing to sign players like Reid for their protests. Reid is just 26, in the prime of his career, and coming off maybe his best NFL season.

Crap, I was hoping we might sign him at some point.

I don't think he's that good at coverage. May as well start Armani Watts

bigjosh 05-02-2018 02:34 PM

I was never against these guys kneeling if they wanted to, but i also believe that the owners have a right to alienate them if it is a detriment to the profitability of their business.

They knew what they were doing was causing a backlash, they should have expected this.

Chief3188 05-02-2018 02:41 PM

If I were to go to work wearing a political shirt or carrying a sign, I would be sent home and rightfully so. Now if I wore that shirt or carried that sign in my personal time and then was sent home from work, well that would be an issue. I don’t understand the confusion here.

Great Expectations 05-02-2018 02:58 PM

What kneelers have signed as free agents this year? It felt like there were a lot of kneelers, or at least part time kneelers.

htismaqe 05-02-2018 03:09 PM

Good luck proving that all 32 teams were colluding to prevent a signing when 1) there's other safeties still available 2) all 32 NEVER agree on anything.

There's a good chance SOME teams are avoiding signing him because of the protests. There's zero chance that league-wide collusion is taking place. It's logistically impossible.

UChieffyBugger 05-02-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13543568)
Good luck proving that all 32 teams were colluding to prevent a signing when 1) there's other safeties still available 2) all 32 NEVER agree on anything.

There's a good chance SOME teams are avoiding signing him because of the protests. There's zero chance that league-wide collusion is taking place. It's logistically impossible.

The Bangels questioned him about the protest when they met him. It's also not a coincidence that he was at the forefront of the protest alongside Kap. Perhaps he could have waited until the season started, but I do think he may have a case In relation to what Kap Is also going through.

htismaqe 05-02-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13543588)
The Bangels questioned him about the protest when they met him. It's also not a coincidence that he was at the forefront of the protest alongside Kap. Perhaps he could have waited until the season started, but I do think he may have a case In relation to what Kap Is also going through.

The Bengals questioning him proves they're interested in whether or not he's going to continue to do it. It doesn't even scratch the surface of proving collusion.

We're not talking about 1 or 2 teams or even 10. For him to prove he's been prevented from working completely, he'd have to prove all 32 teams are involved. It ain't happening.

BossChief 05-02-2018 04:13 PM

Reid is a damn fool.

UChieffyBugger 05-02-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13543590)
The Bengals questioning him proves they're interested in whether or not he's going to continue to do it. It doesn't even scratch the surface of proving collusion.

We're not talking about 1 or 2 teams or even 10. For him to prove he's been prevented from working completely, he'd have to prove all 32 teams are involved. It ain't happening.

Questioning him meant it played a role on whether they would sign him or not though. So he could use that In his case against the league to prove that that is the reason why he's being shut out.

jjchieffan 05-02-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13543210)

Wrong! He is absolutely right. They are on that field being paid millions to play football. Not to be a distraction. They put themselves above the game that they were being paid to play and now nobody wants to hire them. They are the problem. Actions have consequences. You drive drunk, you go to jail. You protest on the field, you find out that nobody wants to pay you millions of dollars. Way less talented players than Erid Reid and Colin sucksadick are employed on NFL teams because they didn't try to elevate themselves above the game.

jjchieffan 05-02-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13543493)
Not really..Everyone is welcome to an opinion either way.The players knew the risk and now must accept the consequences. This is simply a case of for every action there is a reaction.

Exactly!

Shag 05-02-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13543675)
Questioning him meant it played a role on whether they would sign him or not though. So he could use that In his case against the league to prove that that is the reason why he's being shut out.

The Bengals choosing not to sign him is 31 teams short of collusion.

htismaqe 05-02-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13543675)

I think maybe we're talking past each other.

If all 32 teams ask him about kneeling and decide not to sign him, that still doesn't prove collusion. It just means nobody in the league wants to sign him.

He has to prove that all 32 teams talked to each other and came to an agreement not to sign him. There's no way to prove that unless one of the owners/teams decides to switch sides and spill the beans, assuming of course that said collusion actually took place.

Mecca 05-02-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13543171)
Not signing people who kneel is beyond stupid. But the stupid comes from the fans who are pissed off by it, not by the owners who don't want to deal with that bull shit.

But if the owners all got together and said they'd blackball these guys, that's a problem.

It's ok to have beliefs as long as the fans agree with them...remember all the people who were happy Arian Foster got hurt cause he's an atheist?

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13543778)
It's ok to have beliefs as long as the fans agree with them...remember all the people who were happy Arian Foster got hurt cause he's an atheist?

Actually, no.

UChieffyBugger 05-02-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13543708)
I think maybe we're talking past each other.

If all 32 teams ask him about kneeling and decide not to sign him, that still doesn't prove collusion. It just means nobody in the league wants to sign him.

He has to prove that all 32 teams talked to each other and came to an agreement not to sign him. There's no way to prove that unless one of the owners/teams decides to switch sides and spill the beans, assuming of course that said collusion actually took place.

Well, If folks believe it's just a "coincidence" that him and Kap are suddenly unsigned then that's their opinion. I just think the truth is clear to fathom for those who have their eyes and ears open.

ToxSocks 05-02-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13543820)
Actually, no.

Me neither.

ToxSocks 05-02-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13543821)
Well, If folks believe it's just a "coincidence" that him and Kap are suddenly unsigned then that's their opinion. I just think the truth is clear to fathom for those who have their eyes and ears open.

It's probably collusion.

But you have to prove it otherwise it's moot. I don't think they'll be able to prove it. Especially if their contract demands exceed what teams declare they're worth.

Mother****erJones 05-02-2018 06:39 PM

I’m keeping an eye on CB Breshaud Breeland and when he gets healthy. Could be a nice pickup in a month

htismaqe 05-02-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13543821)

You’re missing my point.

It’s not about whether or not I think collusion occurred. It’s about whether or not he can PROVE it happened. When guys like Boston and Vaccaro aren’t signed either and past history shows that the owners can’t agree on ANYTHING, EVER he simply doesn’t have a case.

patteeu 05-02-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13544023)
You’re missing my point.

It’s not about whether or not I think collusion occurred. It’s about whether or not he can PROVE it happened. When guys like Boston and Vaccaro aren’t signed either and past history shows that the owners can’t agree on ANYTHING, EVER he simply doesn’t have a case.

If they did collude, it would be clever to agree to just not sign safeties over some threshold price so that their Eric Reid blackball is harder to detect. I'm with you on the proof issue though.

htismaqe 05-02-2018 08:56 PM

I’m not saying there’s no collusion at all but let’s be realistic. In a league with Jerry Jones alone, proving that all 32 teams agreed on anything will be impossible primarily because it has never happened. I definitely think there are teams that don’t want him because of the kneeling but like-mindedness is not collusion.

Chiefshrink 05-02-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13543171)

I assure you that didn't happen. It's called a free market with a private sector company(NFL) i.e. to capitalism. And any CEO that is worth his salt that wants to sell more of his product(a la his team) to the public stays away from trying to sell a product that is "hot garbage". It is very simple to understand. Kap made his own bed and chose the wrong forum.

This is how he should have handled it just like his predecessors did in the 60's.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...25402685225954

Wilson8 05-02-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13543894)
I’m keeping an eye on CB Breshaud Breeland and when he gets healthy. Could be a nice pickup in a month

From the free agent CBs still out there, Breshaud looks to be one of the better options.

So if a team like the Chiefs thought that Breeland can be a good CB for them, why not sign him and let the team doctors take care of his foot and get it healed? Either teams don't think that highly of Breeland or that foot is really, really messed up.

UChieffyBugger 05-03-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13543842)
It's probably collusion.

But you have to prove it otherwise it's moot. I don't think they'll be able to prove it. Especially if their contract demands exceed what teams declare they're worth.

Yep, sadly this is probably true.

UChieffyBugger 05-03-2018 01:33 AM

Does anyone think Jonathan Hankins would be a good pick up? Somehow the guy is still out there.

ChiefGator 05-03-2018 03:34 AM

Reid kind of jumped the gun on his collusion thing.. should have waited until the season started. A lot of teams were just waiting to see how the draft would unfold I think.

Kap is a special case, since he went out of his way to alienate damn near everyone with a whole litany of stupid things.

ct 06-16-2018 04:36 PM

anyone have any interest in John Simon? i get that it seems we are going bigger stronger OLB but this guy could help this pass rush, imo

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8547/john-simon

Naptown Chief 06-16-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 13544217)
From the free agent CBs still out there, Breshaud looks to be one of the better options.

So if a team like the Chiefs thought that Breeland can be a good CB for them, why not sign him and let the team doctors take care of his foot and get it healed? Either teams don't think that highly of Breeland or that foot is really, really messed up.

I read that he got a nasty infection. I believe the concern is MRSA and not having that in a locker room.

Jamie 06-16-2018 05:29 PM

Are there any decent center options left in free agency? These reports of Cam Erving playing center make me nervous.

KChiefs1 06-16-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13544232)
Does anyone think Jonathan Hankins would be a good pick up? Somehow the guy is still out there.

I thought so at the time but I just don't see this team making anymore moves.

BryanBusby 06-16-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 13595678)
Are there any decent center options left in free agency? These reports of Cam Erving playing center make me nervous.

There really wasn't a quality one from the start.

TRR 06-17-2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13595648)
I read that he got a nasty infection. I believe the concern is MRSA and not having that in a locker room.

I read the same. A bad cut/scrape on his foot or heel...and that it was a re-injury? Kind of an odd deal. There was the MRSA concern as well.

Would love to see Breeland in KC though. I’m not as down on the trio of Fuller, Nelson, and Amerson as some are. However, Breeland would give KC a lot of flexibility in case one of the top three struggles or because of injury. He can play inside or outside and has even played a little safety in a pinch. Would be a quality addition to the secondary.

Buckweath 06-17-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13595868)
I thought so at the time but I just don't see this team making anymore moves.

The cornerbacks. Trust me, Veach is going to watch these CBs closely during training camp and preseason and if he is not satisfied with what he sees, he already has a list of players around the league to target in a trade.

KChiefs1 07-21-2018 06:27 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a53084af12.png