ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Priest31kc 10-21-2011 12:21 PM

bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
Being told #mizzou waiting on a counter offer from big 12. These talks r intense a Lotta cash at stake

haha

Pants 10-21-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8026589)
The NCAA tournament was a secondary tournament back then, similar to what the NIT is now. That's not a direct comparison because it had a little more prestige, but it wasn't the national championship.

Oh yeah, the NCAA tournament was for conference and regional champions while the NIT was for 6 teams invited by a committee. I see your point. Before the tournaments, there were obviously no champions. Good call, man.

Bambi 10-21-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8026661)
Oh yeah, the NCAA tournament was for conference and regional champions while the NIT was for 6 teams invited by a committee. I see your point. Before the tournaments, there were obviously no champions. Good call, man.

CCNY won the NIT in 1950.

They are the Champions.

bobbything 10-21-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 8026662)
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
Being told #mizzou waiting on a counter offer from big 12. These talks r intense a Lotta cash at stake

haha

MU is the Brett Favre of collegiate athletics right now.

evenfall 10-21-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 8026662)
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe

haha

What a moron.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8026661)

If you want to consider the NCAA tourney the national championship from 60 years ago, go for it. Its not true, but it's not important enough to bother disputing. Congrats on maybe having the best group of white-only set-shooters six decades ago.

bobbything 10-21-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8026687)
What a moron.

A counter offer?? Is MU really that important?

Pants 10-21-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8026757)
If you want to consider the NCAA tourney the national championship from 60 years ago, go for it. Its not true, but it's not important enough to bother disputing. Congrats on maybe having the best group of white-only set-shooters six decades ago.

Tradition is tradition. Football ain't the same as it was 60 years ago, either.

You're right, though, this argument is irrelevant.

Jerm 10-21-2011 12:32 PM

So if the SEC is cold blooded, do they extend the offer somewhere between now and Monday/Tuesday on the eve of the A&M/Mizzou game next week?

Makes sense...

Jerm 10-21-2011 12:32 PM

Can't wait to hear Keitzman's head explode lol...

HemiEd 10-21-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8026402)
There aren't bad teams in SEC football. Shit, Kentucky has been to something like 5 or 6 straight bowl games. Vanderbilt is the worst team in the SEC, and they aren't awful.

There is only one basketball school in the Big XII, and that's Kansas. Kentucky basketball trumps Kansas any day (7 national championships compared to 2). Then you've got Florida with 2 recent titles whereas the entire Big XII has 1 in the last 20 years.

KU has three, but who is counting, right? Especially when the facts hurt your point. In the last 50 years Kentucky has won 3 and KU 2. In the last 25 it is 2 and 2.

My point was, you keep referring to the strong teams in the SEC and the weak ones in the "big 9," as you have through out this thread.

Honestly, I am really glad Mizzou is going, and look forward to the results. They did do a good job today, no doubt about that.

Bearcat 10-21-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8026757)

So, it's 8 (7, actually) for UK and not 3, but 2 for KU and not 3...
Posted via Mobile Device

eazyb81 10-21-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8026793)
Can't wait to hear Keitzman's head explode lol...

He shouldn't be mad. His (supposed) beef was the KC economy, and Mizzou showed they care for both the university and KC so they are going to have a basketball tournament and football game. Hopefully KU agrees to play to continue the rivalry and help KC, but if not Mizzou will join up with other local teams.

It was a pretty brilliant strategy to be honest.

Bambi 10-21-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8026811)
KU has three, but who is counting, right? Especially when the facts hurt your point. In the last 50 years Kentucky has won 3 and KU 2. In the last 25 it is 2 and 2.

My point was, you keep referring to the strong teams in the SEC and the weak ones in the "big 9," as you have through out this thread.

Honestly, I am really glad Mizzou is going, and look forward to the results. They did do a good job today, no doubt about that.

When MU fans twist years to fit their argument I always end up laughing because no matter what years you choose for MU Athletics it always ends the same.

HemiEd 10-21-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8026558)
They won national championships in 1988 and 2008. Other than that, they never won anything.

This fits your entire posting mantra in this thread.

You don't count the 1952 for KU, but you count the 4 from 1948 to 1958 for UK.

Excellent.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8026865)
He shouldn't be mad. His (supposed) beef was the KC economy, and Mizzou showed they care for both the university and KC so they are going to have a basketball tournament and football game. Hopefully KU agrees to play to continue the rivalry and help KC, but if not Mizzou will join up with other local teams.

It was a pretty brilliant strategy to be honest.

I expect Kietzman to have Mizzou's back and call on KU and K-State to follow Missouri's lead and do what's best for Kansas City. He should propose a Big XII SEC showdown preseason tourney in the Sprint Center with Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, and Kentucky. Think that would draw fans?

|Zach| 10-21-2011 12:47 PM

We love you KC!

http://zacharycobb.com/index.php/201...n-one-picture/

http://zacharycobb.com/wp-content/up...ay-640x656.jpg

Bambi 10-21-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8026961)
I expect Kietzman to have Mizzou's back and call on KU and K-State to follow Missouri's lead and do what's best for Kansas City. He should propose a Big XII SEC showdown preseason tourney in the Sprint Center with Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, and Kentucky. Think that would draw fans?

This is actually a pretty cool idea.

However KU is tied up playing in the Champions Classic w/ Kentucky for the next few years.

But by 2014 maybe they can fit it in.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8026926)
This fits your entire posting mantra in this thread.

You don't count the 1952 for KU, but you count the 4 from 1948 to 1958 for UK.

Excellent.

Then count them. I don't really give a shit. In the last 20 years, Kentucky has won 2, and KU has won 1. In the modern era of college basketball, Kentucky has won 3, and KU has won 2. In the history of the NCAA tournament, Kentucky has won 7, and KU has won 3.

Define it however you want. I'm not saying that KU isn't one of the 5 or 6 best programs in NCAA basketball history. The discussion was about the rest of the conference. Outside of KU, no Big XII team has really mattered in decades.

dirk digler 10-21-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8026961)

LMAO yeah right

eazyb81 10-21-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8027022)

However KU is tied up playing in the Champions Classic w/ Kentucky for the next few years.

Good deal, Big 12 has a contract with Sprint Center through 2014 that they aren't going to break.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

I think the Big XII tourney is under contract with the Sprint Center until 2014 anyway.

Pants 10-21-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

I hope they keep the Arrowhead game, though. I don't see a reason not to play MU at Arrowhead if both schools stand to make money as a result.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8027049)
LMAO yeah right

You're acting like Kietzman is just some petty, jealous asshole. He's repeatedly told us that this isn't about jealousy. It's about what's best for Kansas City. In fact, he went so far as to say that he felt sorry for the University of Missouri. I'm sure he'll put his money where his mouth is.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8027074)
I hope they keep the Arrowhead game, though. I don't see a reason not to play MU at Arrowhead if both schools stand to make money as a result.

If anything other than bruised labias come into play, they will. I've heard over and over that this is a great rivalry that MU should work to preserve. If KU won't play us in the non-con, then it really wasn't a rivalry. It was just a game that they played because it was on the schedule.

Bambi 10-21-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8027074)

The football game to me is a tossup.

Biggest reason is the way college football has devolved into pretty much just being a showcase for NFL players anyway these days. Are we going to have any close games this year on a big stage??

CFB is a great gameday atmosphere with the tailgating, girls, and parties.

Basketball is a much more grind of a sport night in and night out. Much more complex when it comes to scheduling.

Plus the money will be too big for either school to pass up with the annual event.

Bearcat 10-21-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027159)
If KU won't play us in the non-con, then it really wasn't a rivalry. It was just a game that they played because it was on the schedule.

Oh, FFS... :facepalm:

dirk digler 10-21-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027112)
You're acting like Kietzman is just some petty, jealous asshole. He's repeatedly told us that this isn't about jealousy. It's about what's best for Kansas City. In fact, he went so far as to say that he felt sorry for the University of Missouri. I'm sure he'll put his money where his mouth is.

lol because he is a petty jealous asshole. On 810's home page it says MU hasn't decided to go to the SEC... I don't know it seems to me they have

Mr. Plow 10-21-2011 01:06 PM

I'd like to note that post #6168 has started the most recent pissing match between KU/MU fans.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8027239)
The football game to me is a tossup.

Biggest reason is the way college football has devolved into pretty much just being a showcase for NFL players anyway these days. Are we going to have any close games this year on a big stage??

CFB is a great gameday atmosphere with the tailgating, girls, and parties.

Basketball is a much more grind of a sport night in and night out. Much more complex when it comes to scheduling.

Plus the money will be too big for either school to pass up with the annual event.

Didn't LSU and Oregon play right off the bat?

Mizzou played Arizona State.

Kansas State played Miami.

Oklahoma played Florida State.

HemiEd 10-21-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027042)
Then count them. I don't really give a shit. In the last 20 years, Kentucky has won 2, and KU has won 1. In the modern era of college basketball, Kentucky has won 3, and KU has won 2. In the history of the NCAA tournament, Kentucky has won 7, and KU has won 3.

Define it however you want. I'm not saying that KU isn't one of the 5 or 6 best programs in NCAA basketball history. The discussion was about the rest of the conference. Outside of KU, no Big XII team has really mattered in decades.

Agreed, no team has actually won it all in (2) decades, but IMO they have mattered. I know 1988 doesn't fit into your "modern era" but OU had a pretty nice run that year. Texas has had several, OSU and others have had the teams to do it.

Do you think Florida will continue with the pattern they set of two championships? They missed the tournament 2 years in a row, then lost first round. But there is hope for them, the lost to Butler last year. :D

But then again, I am not sure why we are even discussing this. The SEC doesn't give a crap about College BB. Just ask Rick Pitino, Billy Donovan, Kevin Stallings, Mike Anderson etc.

KCUnited 10-21-2011 01:08 PM

Has Self or anyone commented on how this might affect the KU/UMKC noncon games in the future? Like to try to catch them on a down year.

ROOS!

evenfall 10-21-2011 01:09 PM

AIDS resumed

dirk digler 10-21-2011 01:09 PM

KK: Deaton has cold feet

Frazod 10-21-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8027376)
AIDS resumed

Resumed? It never stopped. :shake:

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8027337)
Agreed, no team has actually won it all in (2) decades, but IMO they have mattered. I know 1988 doesn't fit into your "modern era" but OU had a pretty nice run that year. Texas has had several, OSU and others have had the teams to do it.

Do you think Florida will continue with the pattern they set of two championships? They missed the tournament 2 years in a row, then lost first round. But there is hope for them, the lost to Butler last year. :D

But then again, I am not sure why we are even discussing this. The SEC doesn't give a crap about College BB. Just ask Rick Pitino, Billy Donovan, Kevin Stallings, Mike Anderson etc.

1988 absolutely fits in the modern era. A couple of teams have had made nice runs. There have been a couple of Final Fours and several Elite Eights scattered about, but none of the programs really "matter".

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8027391)

Kietzman has sources!!!

evenfall 10-21-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8027391)

ROFL

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:14 PM

Kietzman saying that Hoenig didn't want to work with Mizzou, so he's leaving to be the #2 at the FDIC.

bobbything 10-21-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027159)
If anything other than bruised labias come into play, they will. I've heard over and over that this is a great rivalry that MU should work to preserve. If KU won't play us in the non-con, then it really wasn't a rivalry. It was just a game that they played because it was on the schedule.

If KU were to bend over keep playing MU, it would basically turn into the MU/Illinois game. :yawn

There is no incentive for KU to agree to play MU, in Missouri, if MU were to go to the SEC. In football, KU can make that money up in another game. In basketball, it doesn't benefit KU at all financially; any more than scheduling some low-level D1 school. So, that leaves the rivalry; which is built on ego and spite. Both schools are at fault here. And as far as I'm concerned, it shows how strong the hatred is for one another.

The hate is stronger than the rivalry. That says a lot.

tomahawk kid 10-21-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027479)
Kietzman saying that Hoenig didn't want to work with Mizzou, so he's leaving to be the #2 at the FDIC.

So - he had "sources" saying Hoenig was the guy and now Hoenig took an appointment from the White House.

SO - OBVIOUSLY, there's turmoil within the BOC.

It couldn't be something more obvious - like he was wrong about Hoenig being the President in waiting for the MU system.

Pitt Gorilla 10-21-2011 01:21 PM

How can KK possibly misread a press conference so badly? Deaton doesn't have a decision; the decision has been made.

dirk digler 10-21-2011 01:21 PM

now KK is trying to put a guilt trip on Deaton.

so yeah he is an asshole

beer bacon 10-21-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 8027504)
If KU were to bend over keep playing MU, it would basically turn into the MU/Illinois game. :yawn

There is no incentive for KU to agree to play MU, in Missouri, if MU were to go to the SEC. In football, KU can make that money up in another game. In basketball, it doesn't benefit KU at all financially; any more than scheduling some low-level D1 school. So, that leaves the rivalry; which is built on ego and spite. Both schools are at fault here. And as far as I'm concerned, it shows how strong the hatred is for one another.

The hate is stronger than the rivalry. That says a lot.

No incentive except the 100+ year old rivalry. Right?

If KU refuses to play us, we could pile up some wins due to forfeit.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 8027504)

There is no incentive for KU to agree to play MU, in Missouri, if MU were to go to the SEC. In football, KU can make that money up in another game.

The ****? What game is KU going to schedule that makes as much money as the Border War at Arrowhead?

As far as Illinois goes, MU/Illinois don't have a 100+ year history. Champaign is 200 miles from the nearest big city in Missouri. Missourians never burned Champaign to the ground. That is a piss-poor comparison.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:26 PM

I appreciate Kietzman, a K-State fan living in Kansas, anointing himself as the voice of Mizzou fans in Kansas City.

He's now saying that Mizzou is in danger of losing Lee's Summit kids to Kansas because of this move. Lee's Summit is 90% black and gold. I'm pretty sure KU football isn't going to poach our targets out of Lee's ****ing Summit.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:26 PM

I appreciate Kietzman, a K-State fan living in Kansas, anointing himself as the voice of Mizzou fans in Kansas City.

He's now saying that Mizzou is in danger of losing Lee's Summit kids to Kansas because of this move. Lee's Summit is 90% black and gold. I'm pretty sure KU football isn't going to poach our targets out of Lee's ****ing Summit.

Pitt Gorilla 10-21-2011 01:26 PM

We're going to lose Lee's Summit Mizzou fans to Kansas. /KK

Reerun_KC 10-21-2011 01:29 PM

so when is the date that you guys make it official?

tomahawk kid 10-21-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8027559)
How can KK possibly misread a press conference so badly? Deaton doesn't have a decision; the decision has been made.

Correct.

Deaton doesn't get the authority unless the decision has been made.

If the BOC did that, it could (theoretically) breach their fiduciary to the University.

KK is high comedy these days.

evenfall 10-21-2011 01:30 PM

More hysterical and desperate than ever.

I always have to turn KK off at the 30 minute mark, its just too much.

He is like Howard Stern, people just tune in to hear what crazy thing he will say next.

bobbything 10-21-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027599)
That is a piss-poor comparison.

No it's not, it's a perfect comparison. The "rivalry" such as it would become, would be relegated to one game per year. Yippie.

It wouldn't be the same at all. The fact that KU and MU are in the same conference makes the rivalry that much stronger. Relegating it to one game per year would significantly diminish it. The history of the rivalry isn't strong enough to maintain the day-in and day-out hatred these schools have for one another when playing in-conference.

tomahawk kid 10-21-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027663)

Well the "They're DESTROYING KC economically" arguement is gone.

Gotta have something to fill the air time.

beer bacon 10-21-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 8027735)
No it's not, it's a perfect comparison. The "rivalry" such as it would become, would be relegated to one game per year. Yippie.

It wouldn't be the same at all. The fact that KU and MU are in the same conference makes the rivalry that much stronger. Relegating it to one game per year would significantly diminish it. The history of the rivalry isn't strong enough to maintain the day-in and day-out hatred these schools have for one another when playing in-conference.

Would it diminish the rivalry as much as KU refusing to take part in it?

tomahawk kid 10-21-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 8027715)
so when is the date that you guys make it official?

My guess would be early next week via a press release.

beer bacon 10-21-2011 01:32 PM

Next week is SEC week then MU and A&M play on Saturday.

beer bacon 10-21-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027671)

Yeah, if he is so concerned about KC maybe he should move there and take some responsibility for its welfare.

bobbything 10-21-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 8027753)
Would it diminish the rivalry as much as KU refusing to take part in it?

Would you continue to play KU in the state of Kansas if they bolted to the Pac 12?

BigCatDaddy 10-21-2011 01:36 PM

Caller - MU is already middle to upper level of the SEC :facepalm:

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 8027735)

How many football games do KU and MU play against each other per year now?

|Zach| 10-21-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027671)

Literally.

http://coachesaid.co/Content/Mascots...letter-150.png

Pants 10-21-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 8027832)
Would you continue to play KU in the state of Kansas if they bolted to the Pac 12?

Jesus Christ, dude. We're talking about Arrowhead here, not Columbia. The football game should stay if it benefits both schools financially. I would say the same thing about the basketball game, but I just don't think KU has anything to gain by scheduling MU in the Sprint center and taking another non-con game out.

DeezNutz 10-21-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8026094)
Deuces.

Dew says, indeed.

bobbything 10-21-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027846)
How many football games do KU and MU play against each other per year now?

The rivalry would/will not be anywhere near the same if MU moves conferences. You know that as well as anyone. The rivalry is what it is because they're in the same conference.

Pitt Gorilla 10-21-2011 01:42 PM

The SEC will be less fun for the fans./KK

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 8027832)

At Livestrong? 30 minutes from Lawrence, and 3 hours from Columbia? Probably not. If the Kansas border stretched over to Arrowhead which is 2 and a half hours from Columbia and an hour and fifteen minutes from Lawrence? Sure.

beer bacon 10-21-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 8027919)
The rivalry would/will not be anywhere near the same if MU moves conferences. You know that as well as anyone. The rivalry is what it is because they're in the same conference.

Uhhhh, we had a pretty intense rivalry before football and basketball were invented.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Who is Iowa State's biggest rival?

Mr. Plow 10-21-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8027883)
I would say the same thing about the basketball game, but I just don't think KU has anything to gain by scheduling MU in the Sprint center and taking another non-con game out.

Exactly.

patteeu 10-21-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027599)
The ****? What game is KU going to schedule that makes as much money as the Border War at Arrowhead?

As far as Illinois goes, MU/Illinois don't have a 100+ year history. Champaign is 200 miles from the nearest big city in Missouri. Missourians never burned Champaign to the ground. That is a piss-poor comparison.

If KU commits to scheduling MU in it's non-con, their chances of achieving bowl eligibility will take a significant hit. Does anyone believe KU is going to win 3+ games with any regularity in the Big XII?

BigCatDaddy 10-21-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8027931)

Losing sucks no matter to whom and where you are losing. He's right on that one.

DeezNutz 10-21-2011 01:45 PM

Mizzou is going to leave to a league of football giants with unbelievable facilities, but we're going to stay stagnant. Less fun for fans.

Real rivals don't do this!

Mr. Plow 10-21-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

The rivalry is what is because KU hates MU & MU hates KU and we want, and hope for, the worst for our counterpart. It has nothing to do with being in the same conference.

DeezNutz 10-21-2011 01:46 PM

Mizzou is going to leave to a league of football giants with unbelievable facilities, but we're going to stay stagnant. Less fun for fans.

Real rivals don't do this!

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8027931)

I'm going to miss Ames, Lawrence, Manhattan, Waco, Stillwater, etc. when we are forced to play in Gainesville, Athens, Knoxville, Fayetville, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, etc.

Saul Good 10-21-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8027953)
If KU commits to scheduling MU in it's non-con, their chances of achieving bowl eligibility will take a significant hit. Does anyone believe KU is going to win 3+ games with any regularity in the Big XII?

I don't think they can win 2+ now. Maybe when the city schools come marching in.

Reerun_KC 10-21-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027963)
I'm going to miss Ames, Lawrence, Manhattan, Waco, Stillwater, etc. when we are forced to play in Gainesville, Athens, Knoxville, Fayetville, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, etc.

Just curious?

do you or did you travel alot for the road games?

Bambi 10-21-2011 01:48 PM

Great call that last one.

|Zach| 10-21-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8027961)
The rivalry is what is because KU hates MU & MU hates KU and we want, and hope for, the worst for our counterpart. It has nothing to do with being in the same conference.

Yea.

Game on I say!

Mr. Plow 10-21-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8027963)

Yeah....Columbia ranks right up there with the best SEC towns. Columbia has always been this hidden gem in the crapfest that is the Big 12.