ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297754)

Buns 10-09-2017 08:20 PM

Looks like a lot of misdirection in that amazing trailer

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buns (Post 13139340)
Looks like a lot of misdirection in that amazing trailer

Or not.

Apparently, this film will be very polarizing.

Some people at Lucasfilm are happy that JJ is back for IX because Rian’s vision is outside the box.

I’m stoked. **** a ROTJ clone.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13139339)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2017 08:40 PM

In the new canon book, “From a Certain Point of View”, Yoda wanted to train Leia because she was stronger in the Force.

So now, 30 years later, Leia gives birth to Ben who trains with Luke, only to turn to the dark side. He kills Luke’s new Jedi and his father, Han Solo.

From the trailer, Ben/Kylo kills Leia. Rey joins Kylo, her brother, then turn against Luke.

Luke will kill them both in IX.

Frazod 10-09-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13139409)
In the new canon book, “From a Certain Point of View”, Yoda wanted to train Leia because she was stronger in the Force.

So now, 30 years later, Leia gives birth to Ben who trains with Luke, only to turn to the dark side. He kills Luke’s new Jedi and his father, Han Solo.

From the trailer, Ben/Kylo kills Leia. Rey joins Kylo, her brother, then turn against Luke.

Holy shit, that would be epic!

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13139416)
Holy shit, that would be epic!

I know, which is probably why it wont happen.

But man, it would be bad ass.

Luke saves the galaxy again.

Abrams is going to make it all Spielbergy

Hammock Parties 10-09-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

ROFL

This will never happen, but yeah it would be ****ing epic.

RINGLEADER 10-09-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Could be. I gathered that Rey was using subterfuge to get close to Snoke to try to use her power but it doesn't go as planned. I think the joining Kylo, if that even happens in the film, is a ruse that Luke doesn't agree with.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2017 08:56 PM

Here's a take:

That trailer seems to indicate Kylo/Rey are going to kill Snoke.

Which could set up Luke to be the bad guy in Episode IX, trying to stop the Jedi Order from starting up again.

That'd be fun.

RINGLEADER 10-09-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13139449)
Here's a take:

That trailer seems to indicate Kylo/Rey are going to kill Snoke.

Which could set up Luke to be the bad guy in Episode IX, trying to stop the Jedi Order from starting up again.

That'd be fun.

I tend more to this then what they actually we trying to lead us to believe.

Frazod 10-09-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13139465)
I tend more to this then what they actually we trying to lead us to believe.

She could just be psyching him out, too. Damned lying women. :D

Hammock Parties 10-09-2017 09:12 PM

Anyway, Rian wouldn't give the movie away in a trailer.

He's playing us.

Gadzooks 10-09-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13139139)

Wait... This poster seems to have the light on the left and the Dark on the right.
Why is Poo Dameron on the dark side? Lando type betrayal?

sd4chiefs 10-09-2017 09:16 PM

Got my tickets. :)

listopencil 10-09-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Not that it wouldn't be bad ass, because it would, but I don't think they'd dare do it. I've kind of given up on the idea of Luke becoming a Grey Jedi. I think it's possible that Rey does because Luke wants to end the Jedi and Kylo becomes the only one willing to train her to her maximum capability. So in this movie Rey ends up with Kylo and Luke swears to end them both. But I don't think he does it. I think we end up in the next movie with a distorted mirror replay of the Palpatine/Vader/Luke scene from ROTJ and Rey ends up killing Kylo after breaking off a fight with a near dead Luke.