ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290020)

ThaVirus 10-03-2019 10:25 AM

Cognitive dissonance would take care of that

Pitt Gorilla 10-03-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14495860)
Humanity is KIND Of the center of god's universe in the bible.

Some of the most religious people I know are VERY dogmatic in their belief that no aliens can exist because they're not in the bible.

I think 'the religious' can be a WIDE swath of people with widely varying beliefs not easily lumped into one category. A lot of them would probably just assume some government conspiracy.

Though I would like to see them land on Sentinal Island just for the lulz.

People compartmentalize crap all the time to avoid cognitive dissonance.

Knowledge of aliens wouldn't impact religious folks any more than other scientific discovery.

Easy 6 10-03-2019 05:05 PM

There is no cognitive dissonance

What a bunch of smug know it alls, none of you know a damn thing more than anyone else... this is supposed to be a thread about the paranormal, not a chance for armchair psychiatrists to pontificate

ThaVirus 10-03-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14497001)
There is no cognitive dissonance

What a bunch of smug know it alls, none of you know a damn thing more than anyone else... this is supposed to be a thread about the paranormal, not a chance for armchair psychiatrists to pontificate

Why are you so upset? Religious people legitimately pick and choose which parts of their holy book to live by with no issue whatsoever. The vast majority of them will find any way to continue believing in their deity regardless of any outside information they're presented.

ThaVirus 10-03-2019 05:54 PM

And cognitive dissonance isn't even a strictly religious-person phenomenon lol

Hoopsdoc 10-03-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14497074)
Why are you so upset? Religious people legitimately pick and choose which parts of their holy book to live by with no issue whatsoever. The vast majority of them will find any way to continue believing in their deity regardless of any outside information they're presented.

Their certainly are religious folks who are guilty of that, but it’s quite unfair to label all as such.

Also, this thread rocks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-03-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 14497345)
Their certainly are religious folks who are guilty of that, but it’s quite unfair to label all as such.

Also, this thread rocks.

I like the labeling. It helps me identify the idiots much quicker in life.

Easy 6 10-04-2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14497074)

What information are they being presented that should change their mind?

ThaVirus 10-04-2019 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14498012)
What information are they being presented that should change their mind?

I never said any info should change their mind.

I don't care what anyone believes as long as it isn't hateful or hurtful.

stumppy 10-04-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14496649)
People compartmentalize crap all the time to avoid cognitive dissonance.

Knowledge of aliens wouldn't impact religious folks any more than other scientific discovery since the earth was created, 6000 years ago.

FYP

:D

keg in kc 10-05-2019 09:58 AM

I missed it if anyone has mentioned it, but this whole societal/religious impact question is connected to a NASA commissioned report by the Brookings Institute in the 60's. This report was submitted to the House and some conspracists believe it's impacted policy in the extraterrestrial sphere for the last half century.

Bowser 10-05-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14125578)
If you guys want a good heapin' helpin' of Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric all rolled into one, go look for the movie Above Majestic. That is your one stop shopping for all of the above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14275213)
Saturn is the last planet in the chain...hence it's rings. It's the reason the number 7 is prominent in modern religion. It's also part of the vital electro-magnetic impulses the govern our microcosm. The Sun and Saturn are like the (+) and (-) terminals on a car battery..and complete a circuit. These circuits are everywhere in life...it's just on a bigger scale.

Egyptian masters were well aware of this....as the Pyramids were strategically placed on earths magnetic lay lines...and above an aquifer to amplify these frequencies. They are glorified antennas...

What ever they were were...they were not like us...they essentially created our modern technology....from agriculture, astronomy, architecture...to geometry. Google "Baghdad battery"...they knew of electrical forces at play...They had a fully realized culture seemly out of nowhere.

The Sphinx has been digitally tested to be 20,000+ years old....Christian establishment isn't about to let that seep into main-stream consciousness. Keeping people scared, controlled and ignorant is quite profitable.

Th Egyptians were VERY adamant about the importance of the arrangement of the cosmos...and its governing principles. We've been sold it's random...it isn't. It's deliberate order...and they knew it....down to the atom and beyond.

There is one thing...and that's it. We are just small, animated, components of it...."it knows if you've been sleeping, it knows if you're awake...it knows it you've been bad or good.....or karma will wreck your shit".

So I was browsing back on this thread when I stumbled on to BlackOp's post and it made me think of my question that nobody bit on. I just watched it again last week, and while I'm not buying everything they're selling (especially the space part, you'll see), it DOES make you think. Check it out (and get comfy, it's over 2 hours long)….

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hwn9f7ETPzI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DISCLAIMER - they do touch on political elements at certain parts in the doc, but it's not a political documentary

Megatron96 10-05-2019 01:41 PM

No disrespect, but what is a "conspracists ?" I have a degree in English Lit. and I have no idea what this word is.

keg in kc 10-05-2019 02:18 PM

It's what happens when I'm thumbing 'conspiracists' on my phone and miss an 'i'.

Megatron96 10-05-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14500395)
It's what happens when I'm thumbing 'conspiracists' on my phone and miss an 'i'.

Ah, gotcha. Thought it might be a new made-up text word.