ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

Why Not? 02-02-2024 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17380449)
The toughest opponent for the Chiefs is probably the Chiefs offense. Dumb turnovers by Mahomes or whoever else. Dropped passes. Penalties to take TD's off the board. Failed 4th down attempts. Stack enough silly mistakes like that into a single game and you probably lose, which was the case for all of KC's 6 losses this season. They gotta find a way to play as clean of a game as possible in all 3 phases of the sport.

They've done well in the Playoffs, but still shot themselves in the foot at times. Hardman fumble on the goal line against Buffalo. Multiple penalties to take TD's off the board against Miami & Baltimore. A failed 4th down deep in Baltimore territory. The receiving group has mostly cleaned up the drop problem, which is great. Mahomes is avoiding those dumb throws into double or triple coverage, which is nice to see from him. They cannot revert back to the stupid shit we kept seeing in the regular season.

100%. The Niners are not stopping this team on offense unless we **** up majorly. The Niners will get to a max of 24 points, that's best case for them. I don't think we score under 27 unless we turn the ball over a bunch, have a bunch of penalties, or jump out to a big lead and coast ride the defense like we did last week.

Toad 02-02-2024 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17380526)
Spags sounds pretty damn enthusiastic about FAU today in his presser. He’s gonna play next week.

What did he say?

Dunerdr 02-02-2024 01:55 PM

It's criminal how often they make Kittle stay in to block.

siberian khatru 02-02-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad (Post 17380549)
What did he say?

"That guy gives me ah bonah."

smithandrew051 02-02-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17380526)
Spags sounds pretty damn enthusiastic about FAU today in his presser. He’s gonna play next week.

Making a big play or two in this game could springboard him into next season with major momentum.

Sorta like Malcom Butler picking off Russell Wilson then becoming a Pro Bowler and All Pro the next couple years.

mr. tegu 02-02-2024 02:30 PM

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Nick Wright just had a great segment on the 49ers talking about penalties and debunking any ideas that the Chiefs get any sort of favoritism.

Rainbarrel 02-02-2024 02:32 PM

I don't think Pacheco is going to be the RB super hero. Williams and McKinnon was, not that he can't. Very curious who

Sofa King 02-02-2024 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17380621)
I don't think Pacheco is going to be the RB super hero. Williams and McKinnon was, not that he can't. Very curious who

It's as likely to be Pacheco as anyone. Rice easily could too if they travel Kelce. But my hope is a defensive player. You know things went well if Bolton were to win it or Sneed or something.

smithandrew051 02-02-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17380634)
It's as likely to be Pacheco as anyone. Rice easily could too if they travel Kelce. But my hope is a defensive player. You know things went well if Bolton were to win it or Sneed or something.

Jones has a favorable matchup against a bad interior OL and small QB with a potential payday on the horizon.

If it’s a defensive player, that’s my pick.

wachashi 02-02-2024 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17380673)
Jones has a favorable matchup against a bad interior OL and small QB with a potential payday on the horizon.

If it’s a defensive player, that’s my pick.

Jones had some crucial batted passes in the last Super Bowl against the Niners. Against a shorter QB, we could very well see more of that. That might be a big part of the gameplan actually for our interior rushes. The Niners offense throws a ton of balls right over the middle of the field.

smithandrew051 02-02-2024 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 17380679)
Jones had some crucial batted passes in the last Super Bowl against the Niners. Against a shorter QB, we could very well see more of that. That might be a big part of the gameplan actually for our interior rushes. The Niners offense throws a ton of balls right over the middle of the field.

We don’t pick off a ton of passes. I have a hard time seeing a DB win it without a Pick 6 or multiple picks.

If Jones has a game like he did against the Bengals in the AFCCG and Mahomes has an efficient day without jaw dropping numbers, Jones could win it.

Easy 6 02-02-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 17379874)
That’s right. Salivate over that irrelevant bullshit.

Bang bang, mother****er, bang bang.

Oh now come on Doug, don't let us run you off like this... hell you're the ONLY Niner fan with the guts to run some smack so far, go ahead and speak up for your boys

Its honestly weird how no Niner fan has shown up so far, so its up to you to carry that flag... I'll give you guys this McCafferey has the potential to wreck shit, we better have a very well executed plan in place for that joker

Bl00dyBizkitz 02-02-2024 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17380800)
Oh now come on Doug, don't let us run you off like this... hell you're the ONLY Niner fan with the guts to run some smack so far, go ahead and speak up for your boys

Its honestly weird how no Niner fan has shown up so far, so its up to you to carry that flag... I'll give you guys this McCafferey has the potential to wreck shit, we better have a very well executed plan in place for that joker

Its odd. Were there not a bunch of Niners fans here in 2020?

NinerDoug 02-02-2024 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17380800)

Indeed he does. Quite possibly the best the trade the Niners ever made. And I know Brock doesn't get respect around here (or elsewhere outside NinerLand), but the kid's a baller, IMHO. He's everything Alex Smith was not: Fearless, not afraid to take chances. Dealing with the threat from McCaffrey, you then have Aiyuk, Deebo, and Kittle to deal with. Brandon's been tearing it up this season.

I'm more than a bit worried about the D. The Lions ran all over us in the first half of the NFCCG.

Kman34 02-02-2024 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 17380840)
Indeed he does. Quite possibly the best the trade the Niners ever made. And I know Brock doesn't get respect around here (or elsewhere outside NinerLand), but the kid's a baller, IMHO. He's everything Alex Smith was not: Fearless, not afraid to take chances. Dealing with the threat from McCaffrey, you then have Aiyuk, Deebo, and Kittle to deal with. Brandon's been tearing it up this season.

I'm more than a bit worried about the D. The Lions ran all over us in the first half of the NFCCG.

We took down the #1 offense, the Dolphins….The supposed MVP and their unstoppable defense, Ravens.. Who are you??