ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351629)

dlphg9 06-02-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 17538959)
Isbel heading to the IL?

Sucks for him, but I hope so lol. I want to see Waters come up and take his job.

duncan_idaho 06-02-2024 05:02 PM

Re: a trade, if the Royals could get Mason Miller from the A’s for Blake Mitchell and a tack-on or two, I think you do it. Miller would have five more years of control, and Mitchell is a HS C who is admittedly hitting well in Low-A, but also striking out a ton.

Mitchell is on track to end the year as a top 50 prospect. I doubt the A’s get that type of offer elsewhere. Maybe have them throw in Rooker to go with it and send a little more back their way.

WilliamTheIrish 06-02-2024 08:19 PM

A great day to be at the park. With the heat and breeze, I was stunned that nobody got under one and sent it into the fountains.

Zerpa was visibly irritated by VP on that pick off attempt. It was towards the second base side of the bag, but from my vantage point, down low, halfway between 1st and home, VP should have caught the ball and applied a tag. But, these things happen.

Still, they came to the plate in the 9th, down two, having lost 6/7 and never wavered. Velasquez just torched that ball. Kind of found it hard to believe it got over Merrill’s head. Looked like he was playing fairly deep.

Helluva win.

GabyKeepsMeWarm 06-02-2024 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17538995)
Re: a trade, if the Royals could get Mason Miller from the A’s for Blake Mitchell and a tack-on or two, I think you do it. Miller would have five more years of control, and Mitchell is a HS C who is admittedly hitting well in Low-A, but also striking out a ton.

Mitchell is on track to end the year as a top 50 prospect. I doubt the A’s get that type of offer elsewhere. Maybe have them throw in Rooker to go with it and send a little more back their way.

I want what you’re smoking.

GabyKeepsMeWarm 06-02-2024 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 17539140)
A great day to be at the park. With the heat and breeze, I was stunned that nobody got under one and sent it into the fountains.

Zerpa was visibly irritated by VP on that pick off attempt. It was towards the second base side of the bag, but from my vantage point, down low, halfway between 1st and home, VP should have caught the ball and applied a tag. But, these things happen.

Still, they came to the plate in the 9th, down two, having lost 6/7 and never wavered. Velasquez just torched that ball. Kind of found it hard to believe it got over Merrill’s head. Looked like he was playing fairly deep.

Helluva win.

Hella humid for the opening chunk of the game and then the sun came out! The past week has been frustrating, and again, we haven’t lost more than 3 in a row all year. Pulling today’s game out of the fire was huge. So glad I got to see it! Almost had a miracle on Friday too, thanks to Nellie!

But this bullpen really needs help. Having Massey out really sucks too. MJ has been lousy. Do they swing a deal before Cleveland on Tuesday? Call someone up? I hope so.

Nice weekend crowds too, 30k, 25k, 22k. Another month over .500, and I’m betting those numbers improve. Fans are into it!

GabyKeepsMeWarm 06-02-2024 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 17539140)

Helluva win.

Yeah, Nellie did indeed smoke that ball. Off the middle of the wall. 4 more feet and it’s a game winning 3 run bomb.

duncan_idaho 06-03-2024 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm (Post 17539177)
I want what you’re smoking.

Re: Mitchell's value or the concept in general?

I know Mitchell is off to a great start, but he does still hold a huge amount of risk.

I'd prefer to make a move like that without trading Mitchell, but Miller is an elite talent at the MLB level already.

Carter Jensen is also performing well and could be a good trade piece. Having 2 LH-hitting catchers who can hit at Lo and High A, respectively, isn't such a bad problem to have.

Why Not? 06-03-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatinKS (Post 17538954)
Why do Royals players after a big hit point to both cheeks with their pinky fingers?

They are pointing to their eyes. It’s a new trend. It stands for “predator eyes” as in “I’m on the hunt”. Kids these days.

myselff77 06-03-2024 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17538995)

Seems Royals have a prospect or two in the minors at the catcher position. What does the future look like for Freddy Fermin in the organization? He's putting together a very nice year. With the organization mentioning being more transactional, any chance they could flip Freddy to improve the bullpen or strengthen the outfield?

duncan_idaho 06-03-2024 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myselff77 (Post 17539513)
Seems Royals have a prospect or two in the minors at the catcher position. What does the future look like for Freddy Fermin in the organization? He's putting together a very nice year. With the organization mentioning being more transactional, any chance they could flip Freddy to improve the bullpen or strengthen the outfield?

They need Freddy for now, though. I don't think he has shown enough to make some team think he's an above-average starter for them. Having a good backup is important if you want to use Perez aggressively at 1B and DH.

WhawhaWhat 06-04-2024 07:06 AM

If there was a reasonable offer on the table to bring in Randy Arozarena, would you pull the trigger?

He's a big name but having a terrible season at the plate. He's also highly marketable.

I heard Jeff Passan mention it and thought it was a good question.

WhawhaWhat 06-04-2024 09:27 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Two days off in a row for Drew Waters. <br><br>Gavin Cross was removed yesterday with no apparent injury and is out of today’s lineup as well. <a href="https://t.co/vS8Hdlrlko">https://t.co/vS8Hdlrlko</a></p>&mdash; Preston Farr (@royalsminors) <a href="https://twitter.com/royalsminors/status/1797317074924318780?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PHOG 06-04-2024 11:06 AM

An early look at the reliever trade market:

https://www.royalsreview.com/2024/6/...r-trade-market

nychief 06-04-2024 11:18 AM

Avasail Garcia was released by the Marlins. He’s been bad…but much better than Melendez

Why Not? 06-04-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 17540545)
Avasail Garcia was released by the Marlins. He’s been bad…but much better than Melendez

Jerry Garcia currently would be much better than Melendez.