ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Titty Meat 10-19-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8007065)
Yeah, Vegas is an apt comparison to KC. And the fact that Kemper/Sprint Center was/is considered Allen Field House East will have nothing to do with what happens in the future.

When the drama cloud settles, I'd be willing to bet that Sprint Center will still be hosting the basketball tournament. And everything will be OK.

Because it's not just a revenue boost for the state of Missouri. I know quite a few people who go in for the tournament and stay in Overland Park.

Then why was Sly James begging Mizzou to stay?

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8007053)
Yeah, it sucks, especially since Lawrence is so close and it would still be a great place for the tourney. If it wasn't for the state line, it would be like Atlanta, which hosts ACC and SEC events because of Georgia Tech & Georgia.

OKC is only five hours away. :sulk:

Pleeeeeeeeeaassssseeeee stay!!! :deevee:

Really though, it's not like it's KCMO's decision... I get the logic of not wanting a Big 12 event in an SEC state, but like it's been said, the Big 12 would be cutting off its nose to spite its face. If they have events in KCMO, they could at least pretend that it's more of a Big 12 market, while the SEC events stay in the Southeast.

Here's the thing. KU, KSU and ISU fans all benefit from it staying in KC, but seven other schools don't. There's no way the Big XII as a whole supports it and there's no way those three schools would put up much of a fight to try. More of a "it sucks, but what are you going to do, reward Missouri?"

I've been to OKC Bricktown. If they decide to settle in there and give them a chance to make it there own, it could still be a great event. It will never be KC, but, that's one of the traditions that gets tossed aside in these 100 year decisions.

DeezNutz 10-19-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8007073)
Then why was Sly James begging Mizzou to stay?

Because he's scared that their departure will further destabilize the conference, thus jeopardizing the standing of the proud purple.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:11 PM

Y'know - I've always thought in relation to sports, if other fans are hating on your team, it means you're doing something right.

The ridiculous predictions (i.e. Mizzou will be the Iowa State of the SEC) & the amount of venom and anger being spewed towards Mizzou reinforces the thought we're 100% making the correct move here.

Pants 10-19-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007058)
So Big 12 and its fans are willfully choosing to have a shittier conference out of spite for Mizzou leaving for the SEC. Got it.

And here I thought no one cared.

Holy shit, you're trying way too hard. The fans have no say in this.

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007085)
Y'know - I've always thought in relation to sports, if other fans are hating on your team, it means you're doing something right.

The ridiculous predictions (i.e. Mizzou will be the Iowa State of the SEC) & the amount of venom and anger being spewed towards Mizzou reinforces the thought we're 100% making the correct move here.

So you can be next to irrelevant in another conference while trying to invent new rivalries with Arkansas. Oh, wait, they'll be in the West. Whose gonna hate you there?

Stewie 10-19-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

How is quitting on a conference the right thing? Hell, the SEC schools have voted to keep MU out.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8007091)
So you can be next to irrelevant in another conference while trying to invent new rivalries with Arkansas. Oh, wait, they'll be in the West. Whose gonna hate you there?

Irrelevant? Have you looked at the SEC East lately?

We could compete in that division today.

Could care less if anyone "hates" us.

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007097)

Could care less if anyone "hates" us.

You aren't even competing in the Big XII. You should know better than to look at any one year and judge how you are going to fare. Not many spread teams down south, good luck.

DeezNutz 10-19-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8007091)
So you can be next to irrelevant in another conference?

Exactly. The commissioner and university presidents are going to sit around, discussing which irrelevant university to admit into the conference. Because, shit, it's fun!

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

I must have missed all of the venom & anger.

Titty Meat 10-19-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8007080)
Because he's scared that their departure will further destabilize the conference, thus jeopardizing the standing of the proud purple.

No it's because Kansas City would lose the Big XII tournament.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8007093)
How is quitting on a conference the right thing? Hell, the SEC schools have voted to keep MU out.

We're leaving the conference for a more stable situation, with a tremendous potential upside financially.

If you truely believe the SEC schools have voted to keep MU out, I've got some swampland I'll sell you in Florida.

DeezNutz 10-19-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8007103)
No it's because Kansas City would lose the Big XII tournament.

I don't think it will. He's scared shitless, though, that's for sure.

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007097)

Much like you are currently competing with KU & ISU for worst in the Big 12. Congrats man!

Titty Meat 10-19-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8007106)
I don't think it will. He's scared shitless, though, that's for sure.

Better get that NBA team that they promised.

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8007101)
Exactly. The commissioner and university presidents are going to sit around, discussing which irrelevant university to admit into the conference. Because, shit, it's fun!

You and I both know the "attractiveness" of Mizzou lies in its potential TV markets. Don't get me wrong, you're not awful, but your athletic reputation is not why the SEC is being coerced into accepting you.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8007100)
You aren't even competing in the Big XII. You should know better than to look at any one year and judge how you are going to fare. Not many spread teams down south, good luck.

I guess we have different definitions of "competing".

40 wins in 4 years sounds like competing to me, but maybe I'm off my rocker.

No doubt we'll have to adjust many of our approaches, both on and off the field - but I don't think that's a reason not to go.

Stewie 10-19-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007105)
We're leaving the conference for a more stable situation, with a tremendous potential upside financially.

If you truely believe the SEC schools have voted to keep MU out, I've got some swampland I'll sell you in Florida.

Stable? It's just begun. Being the low man on the totem pole is not stability.

The SEC conference needs 9 votes to accept MU. They started with 7 and twisted arms to get it to 8. Still, a no-go.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8007108)
Much like you are currently competing with KU & ISU for worst in the Big 12. Congrats man!

You guys are funny.

I'm sorry you don't have an offer - I really am, but don't act like kU or k-state would stay loyal to the Big 9 if they had a potential offer.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-19-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8007113)
You and I both know the "attractiveness" of Mizzou lies in its potential TV markets. Don't get me wrong, you're not awful, but your athletic reputation is not why the SEC is being coerced into accepting you.

so you're saying the SEC doesn't date her because she's pretty, but because she does anal?

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8007089)
Holy shit, you're trying way too hard. The fans have no say in this.

Wait, so the fans want to keep it at the Sprint Center? Is that what you are saying?

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007119)
I guess we have different definitions of "competing".

No doubt we'll have to adjust many of our approaches, both on and off the field - but I don't think that's a reason not to go.

If you don't think that's a product of playing in the Big XII North for many years, then you keep sucking that pacifier. Anyone knows a dynamic playmaker at QB can lift any team, and you had a good run of them. Its fool's gold to believe that type of player will always be there for you.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8007120)
Stable? It's just begun. Being the low man on the totem pole is not stability.

The SEC conference needs 9 votes to accept MU. They started with 7 and twisted arms to get it to 8. Still, a no-go.

'Bama was one of the holdouts, but are "all-in" as long as Missouri is in the East (which I think will happen).

Last I had heard, we had at least 9 votes - but maybe you have better inside sources than I do. I suppose one of us will "right" in the next couple of weeks.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-19-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007126)
Wait, so the fans want to keep it at the Sprint Center? Is that what you are saying?

for my own selfish reasons I like the Sprint Center, it's close, and all.

But I'd be totally fine with it in OKC as well. But I don't expect it will stay there, no.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8007108)

3 games seems like a large enough sample size. You got us! :thumb:

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007119)

Pure domination.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8007128)
If you don't think that's a product of playing in the Big XII North for many years, then you keep sucking that pacifier. Anyone knows a dynamic playmaker at QB can lift any team, and you had a good run of them. Its fool's gold to believe that type of player will always be there for you.

You're losing me - so now we're competing, but only because we were in the North?

I thought we didn't "compete" at all?

|Zach| 10-19-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Oh hey! Welcome back.

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8007125)
so you're saying the SEC doesn't date her because she's pretty, but because she does anal?

I'm saying the SEC's is making them marry her because she has "huge tracts of 'TV Markets'". :evil:

|Zach| 10-19-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007136)
You're losing me - so now we're competing, but only because we were in the North?

Get used to this moving of the goal posts. It is a long and winding road of rationalizations.

Stewie 10-19-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007130)
'Bama was one of the holdouts, but are "all-in" as long as Missouri is in the East (which I think will happen).

Last I had heard, we had at least 9 votes - but maybe you have better inside sources than I do. I suppose one of us will "right" in the next couple of weeks.

MU in the east is a joke, but when you're the cowering puppy I guess it's as good as anything.

DeezNutz 10-19-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

It's a money deal from both sides. Mizzou brings two major television markets, solid athletic programs, with exceptional facilities, and a strong academic reputation.

In many ways, A&M and Mizzou are comparable entities.

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007134)
3 games seems like a large enough sample size. You got us! :thumb:

Hey, I can only go with the #'s I see in front of me. I'm sure things will turn around though and you'll dominate your way to middle of the pack by end of year.

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8007136)

How did you do against the South those years? The Big XII South that is, you know, OU and Texas?

DeezNutz 10-19-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8007142)
MU in the east is a joke, but when you're the cowering puppy I guess it's as good as anything.

The "cowering puppy" that's bouncing on the Big 12? But the rest of the league doesn't care, so that's cool.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

But inviting BYU and West Virginia into a midwestern conference is practical and prudent.

You are on your game today.

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8007138)
Oh hey! Welcome back.

You're a sweetie!

Bearcat 10-19-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8007078)
Here's the thing. KU, KSU and ISU fans all benefit from it staying in KC, but seven other schools don't. There's no way the Big XII as a whole supports it and there's no way those three schools would put up much of a fight to try. More of a "it sucks, but what are you going to do, reward Missouri?"

I've been to OKC Bricktown. If they decide to settle in there and give them a chance to make it there own, it could still be a great event. It will never be KC, but, that's one of the traditions that gets tossed aside in these 100 year decisions.

Well, I live here, so I'd rather reward KCMO for KCMO's sake... and I'd rather the Big 12 not give up on KC just because of a state line. I get the business side of it, saying it's no longer a Big 12 state, etc; and while having the BB tournament or Farmageddon here every once in a while might be viewed as funding the enemy, it isn't exactly funding the Nazis.

DeezNutz 10-19-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007151)
But inviting BYU and West Virginia into a midwestern conference is practical and prudent.

Good "cultural fits." The Big 12 has always been a proud supporter of Mormons the world over.

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

:)

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8007147)
Hey, I can only go with the #'s I see in front of me. I'm sure things will turn around though and you'll dominate your way to middle of the pack by end of year.

I guess you could also use results in recent years to increase the sample size to come up with a more realistic estimate, but clearly you were not a Math major.

Pants 10-19-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007126)

How the **** would I know? I want to keep it there, that's all I know.

Stewie 10-19-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007151)

We've always known MU will fit perfectly into a hillbilly conference. There's no doubt about that.

What's the drive to the closest team in the SEC East? Eight hours?

MU hillbillies don't travel well, it's a known fact. Just look at attendance for sports in Columbia.

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007163)
I guess you could also use results in recent years to increase the sample size to come up with a more realistic estimate, but clearly you were not a Math major.

Sure, we can look at the past 30 years or so.....

8 - 8+ win seasons (5 of which have been the past 5 years)
19 - 5 or less win seasons

Pure domination.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8007167)
We've always known MU will fit perfectly into a hillbilly conference. There's no doubt about that.

What's the drive to the closest team in the SEC East? Eight hours?

You're clearly the geography major. You tell me.

HolyHandgernade 10-19-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8007157)
Well, I live here, so I'd rather reward KCMO for KCMO's sake... and I'd rather the Big 12 not give up on KC just because of a state line. I get the business side of it, saying it's no longer a Big 12 state, etc; and while having the BB tournament or Farmageddon here every once in a while might be viewed as funding the enemy, it isn't exactly funding the Nazis.

Like I said, I feel bad for KC. The thing about KC that you could almost count on, is that some local team would gobble up tickets. Kids from campus could go there on a chance to get seats. OSU has basketball history, but the state is largely football oriented. Its changed a bit since the Thunder got there, and I think it would do well there. It'll never be KC, but things change. MU can talk about stability all it wants, but the Big XII could be just as stable. It will always be a target because it has good teams and no real geographic boundaries (not hemmed in by oceans or desert expanse.

As soon as TCU announced it was joining, I've become rather apathetic about MU leaving. That doesn't mean I don't care about what happens to KC. If they could move the Sprint Center, that would be great, but since that can't happen, they'll just end up one of the victims, hoping it gets some NCAA considerations in the years to come.

Stewie 10-19-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007177)
You're clearly the geography major. You tell me.

It's 2nd grade math. I'm sure you don't get that.

DeezNutz 10-19-2011 03:38 PM

You guys are irrelevant and generally shitty, which is why a better conference wants to add you. /other fans

Stewie 10-19-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8007183)
You guys are irrelevant and generally shitty, which is why a better conference wants to add you. /other fans

/Big 10 snub

Pants 10-19-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8007183)

You're not generally shitty and you do have a lot of TVs and you're academically sound. You're a much better prize than Kansas when it comes to conference expansion. Congrats! Are you making a trophy?

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:40 PM

We need more analogies people.

Also, I haven't heard ballsack mentioned yet today.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8007176)
Sure, we can look at the past 30 years or so.....

8 - 8+ win seasons (5 of which have been the past 5 years)
19 - 5 or less win seasons

Pure domination.

Gary Pinkel is 80-52 and 43-40 in his career, which includes some lean years at the beginning when he took over a down program.

Not domination, but certainly competitive which was originally the point. We'll take it.

evenfall 10-19-2011 03:42 PM

See, easyb, if you want butthurt, Holy hand "gernade" is butthurt.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-19-2011 03:42 PM

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtel...got%20real.jpg

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007196)
Gary Pinkel is 80-52 and 43-40 in his career, which includes some lean years at the beginning when he took over a down program.

Not domination, but certainly competitive which was originally the point. We'll take it.

Essentially we should all just focus on the past 5 years....check.

beer bacon 10-19-2011 03:44 PM

MU is afraid of competition in the Big 12, so they are leaving for the toughest conference in the country.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8007181)
It's 2nd grade math. I'm sure you don't get that.

Here's a math question you could help me out with. What would Mizzou's annual revenue be with a $12MM bump? The numbers are getting just too crazy, I need someone to double-check my math.

BigCatDaddy 10-19-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8007207)

Minus this year.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

More reasonable than using stats from the 1960's and 1970's to build your case for being competitive in the present, yes?

Bambi 10-19-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8007212)
Minus this year.

ROFL

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Minus this year.

Check.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Minus this year.

When I mentioned Gary Pinkel's career record, I meant to say that was his career record. Career would include this year, when we lost to three ranked teams on the road. Good burn attempt though. Did Bevo let you type that?

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007216)
More reasonable than using stats from the 1960's and 1970's to build your case for being competitive in the present, yes?

You called me a math major and yet you think the past 30 years includes the 60's & 70's? :facepalm:

The past 30 years would be: 1981-2011.

BigCatDaddy 10-19-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007223)
When I mentioned Gary Pinkel's career record, I meant to say that was his career record. Career would include this year, when we lost to three ranked teams on the road. Good burn attempt though. Did Bevo let you type that?

Yeah, it a good thing you won't be playing ranked teams on the road in the SEC. Nobody ever wins those :facepalm:

I'd like MU to stay, but if they do no big deal. In comes another patsy for OU to beatdown 90% of the time.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8007229)
Yeah, it a good thing you won't be playing ranked teams on the road in the SEC. Nobody ever wins those :facepalm:

No, everyone wins their ranked road games in the SEC. That's why everyone finishes with an undefeated record there. Right?

Pants 10-19-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8007225)
You called me a math major and yet you think the past 30 years includes the 60's & 70's? Wow.

LMAO

You're pwning hard, mang.

Bambi 10-19-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007223)

No one is ranked in the SEC.

check

BigCatDaddy 10-19-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8007230)
No, everyone wins their ranked road games in the SEC. That's why everyone finishes with an undefeated record there. Right?

WTF?

Bambi 10-19-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8007243)
WTF?

Don't you see?

If everyone won on the road they would all be undefeated.

duh, math again

|Zach| 10-19-2011 03:55 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dozAOzXeOXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good 10-19-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

You can go back 15 years and show that Alabama isn't that great of a program if you want. You'll look dumb, but that's nothing new.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8007225)
You called me a math major and yet you think the past 30 years includes the 60's & 70's? :facepalm:

So we want to use 80's and 90's results to interpret how relevant or competitive a team is in the present? No one on the current staff was even with the program then. How exactly would that be a reliable indicator instead of just using our current staff's results?

You are trying way too hard.

Saul Good 10-19-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8007186)
/Big 10 snub

We snubbed the Big 10 by turning down their offer for junior membership this year.

Pants 10-19-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8007251)
You can go back 15 years and show that Alabama isn't that great of a program if you want. You'll look dumb, but that's nothing new.

Ehhhh. I think they have a pretty good tradition of winning national titles.

eazyb81 10-19-2011 04:00 PM

ku fan mocking anyone about getting snubbed is pure comedy gold.

Pants 10-19-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8007257)
We snubbed the Big 10 by turning down their offer for junior membership this year.

Is this something one of the DeArmonds claimed? Didn't someone let it slip out that MU really wanted B1G but would have to settle for the SEC?

kstater 10-19-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8007257)

Link?

Mr. Plow 10-19-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Since 1991, Alabama has a record of 173-77....of those wins, 30 were vacated. MU in all their dominance is 2 games above .500 at 119-117.

I can see what you're saying.

Bambi 10-19-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/c/c2/c28b...f_serious.jpeg