ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329927)

BleedingRed 03-23-2020 10:03 PM

Need speaks to do something this year

Megatron96 03-23-2020 10:46 PM

Panthers sign PJ Walker.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-sign-panthers

Megatron96 03-23-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14862790)
My bad on the order. Nnadi is awesome, but he's all we really got from that draft. A #2 type DT and nothing else isn't exactly ideal for a draft class. But he made up for it this year. Thornhill, Fenton, Hardman, etc. are legit.

This isn't about the draft yet. This is about free agency. And no one is perfect. But I'd argue Veach has made some great moves both in free agency and in the draft in the last two years. And very few actual mistakes.

He was right about Sammy Watkins (the guy that scored the dagger in the AFCCG and put us in position to score the TD to take the lead in the SB), Damien Williams (instrumental in scoring winning TDs down the stretch and in the playoffs including the game-winning TD in LIV), Damien Wilson, Derrick Nnadi, Chavarius Ward, Tyrann Mathieu, Alex Okafor, Emmanuel Ogbah, Frank Clark, Rashad Fenton, Mecole Hardman, Juan Thornhill, Bashaud Breeland, AND MATT MOTHER****ING "MIDNIGHT" MOORE.

I think we can put our trust in Brad Veach. He's earned that coin.

Chiefsguyinri 03-23-2020 11:25 PM

With the Taamu and potential Sherman signings, does this mean Watkins or Jones freed up some cap with new contracts? Doubt we got them squeezed in for the little we had in cap space.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-23-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefsguyinri (Post 14862987)
With the Taamu and potential Sherman signings, does this mean Watkins or Jones freed up some cap with new contracts? Doubt we got them squeezed in for the little we had in cap space.

Something has to happen cuz remember we have the Henne, Remmers and Antonio signings as well

Chief Northman 03-24-2020 12:26 AM

• A $1.5 million salary-cap exemption for veterans who’ve been with their teams for longer than four years. (Copied from an SI article recently)

Dane alluded to this earlier.

Fisher, Kelce, LDT, Sorenson, Colquitt, Winchester, Sherman

That’s $10.5 million in cap relief

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-24-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14863071)
• A $1.5 million salary-cap exemption for veterans who’ve been with their teams for longer than four years. (Copied from an SI article recently)

Wait is that per person or just a one time deal?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-24-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14863071)

So that’s where we’re getting the money from!!! I see Brett Veach is smarter than all of us. Sign Pennel next!!

Chief Northman 03-24-2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14863074)
So that’s where we’re getting the money from!!! I see Brett Veach is smarter than all of us. Sign Pennel next!!

I’m unsure as to the application of the new rule. You also have to consider Sherman is a FA and not under contract as of yet (yes I’m aware of the rumors of a new deal, but until Terez, Schefter or Rapaport report, I wait...)

The sites like Over the Cap aren’t on to this yet and likely need more clarity with how this rule applies. These are cap exemptions, not spending additions. Regardless, this has to be factoring in to favour teams with 5+ year vets on their rosters.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-24-2020 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14862959)
This isn't about the draft yet. This is about free agency. And no one is perfect. But I'd argue Veach has made some great moves both in free agency and in the draft in the last two years. And very few actual mistakes.

He was right about Sammy Watkins (the guy that scored the dagger in the AFCCG and put us in position to score the TD to take the lead in the SB), Damien Williams (instrumental in scoring winning TDs down the stretch and in the playoffs including the game-winning TD in LIV), Damien Wilson, Derrick Nnadi, Chavarius Ward, Tyrann Mathieu, Alex Okafor, Emmanuel Ogbah, Frank Clark, Rashad Fenton, Mecole Hardman, Juan Thornhill, Bashaud Breeland, AND MATT MOTHER****ING "MIDNIGHT" MOORE.

If Spags gets a HC job in 2021. The next DC may be less creative..:fire: It never ends

Mecca 03-24-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 14863164)
If Spags gets a HC job in 2021. The next DC may be less creative..:fire: It never ends

Spags was such a trainwreck as a HC, I'd be surprised if that ever happened again.

RealSNR 03-24-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14863256)
Spags was such a trainwreck as a HC, I'd be surprised if that ever happened again.

Hue Jackson and Pat Shurmur say hello

OKchiefs 03-24-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14862959)

I agree, Brad Veach is a hell of a guy.

The Franchise 03-24-2020 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14863073)
Wait is that per person or just a one time deal?

I believe you can use it twice in a season.

Mecca 03-24-2020 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14863317)
Hue Jackson and Pat Shurmur say hello

Spagnulo was 11-41

Jackson is/was 11-44-1

And Shurmer is 19-46

The thing is Spags did all that in 1 spot and got a plenty long run to try to prove himself...I'd be surprised if he got another HC job especially not being an offensive guy in this day and age.