ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335212)

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15408867)
Thanks for posting that again. Two tipped Int's, but he still more than doubled Rodger's output tonight.

Yeah, he also matched 75% of Rodgers’ INT output for the season in one game so..

Those INTs were squarely Mahomes’ fault anyway. The first one was thrown right into the hands of a defender in front of Kelce in the middle of a ton of traffic. He should have thrown that one into the dirt. The second was a clear overthrow to CEH and the third was a clear underthrow to Hill that allowed Howard to make a highlight reel play.

DRM08 12-20-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15408813)
Of course Miami is one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Panthers very far from it.

Mahomes has torched 2 NFC South defenses that gave Rodgers a tough time: Carolina and Tampa. It will be interesting to see what happens against the Saints today. Rodgers torched them earlier in the season.

-King- 12-20-2020 10:58 AM

Are people really trying to convince themselves that the only reason another player would get mvp is because of Mahomes voter fatigue?

Mecca 12-20-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15409179)
Are people really trying to convince themselves that the only reason another player would get mvp is because of Mahomes voter fatigue?

It may exist to a degree, we got Matt Hasselbeck saying Josh Allen's just as good. I got a dude on ESPN radio being super sarcastic saying "how dare anyone be compared to the altar of Mahomes"

So Mahomes fatigue does exist.

chiefzilla1501 12-20-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15409179)

I think there are many who see his age and knowing he has an mvp already, and feel like he doesn't need as much as someone else. So he's playing a little from behind. Now is that the only reason? Yeah, that's silly. This race is neck and neck, and this time it's legit.

El caliente 12-20-2020 11:58 AM

If you are an MVP Voter and you have Mahomes Voter Fatigue then you shouldn’t be a voter, and if you are a dude who votes and says that you should also come out and say that you sit down to pee.

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15408870)
40 touchdowns to 4 INTS is amazing no matter how you try to spin it. And I've already said that Mahomes likely comes out ahead with a good game tomorrow. And Rodgers has taken plenty of deep shots this year. He's averaging 8.2 Y/A whereas the past few years he was in the 7.0 y/a area.

I predict they'll end something like

Rodgers:
4500 yards 45 TDs 5 INTS

Mahomes:
5200 yards 41 Touchdowns 6 INTs

Rodgers is actually at 8.0 YPA after last night. That's an area where Mahomes makes up a lot of ground in the race because he's at 8.5 at the moment. A half yard more per attempt is pretty significant.

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 12:56 PM

Rodgers' TD numbers are the big issue here.

It's obvious to me that Green Bay's red zone efficiency is the cause of the difference. The Pack are the most efficient red zone offense in the league, while the Chiefs are like bottom five or some shit.

Something to note, Rodgers has EIGHT 1-yard passing TDs this season. Mahomes only has one.

We've just left far too many points on the field.

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 12:59 PM

Nm

DRM08 12-20-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15409389)
Rodgers' TD numbers are the big issue here.

It's obvious to me that Green Bay's red zone efficiency is the cause of the difference. The Pack are the most efficient red zone offense in the league, while the Chiefs are like bottom five or some shit.

Something to note, Rodgers has EIGHT 1-yard passing TDs this season. Mahomes only has one.

We've just left far too many points on the field.

That’s the difference in a run game that defenses respect. Helps open up some things for passing game in red zone.

DaneMcCloud 12-20-2020 01:00 PM

The real argument is that Rodgers is 38 years old, has more TD passes with less weapons than Mahomes, who’s 25 and has the league’s leading receiver in Kelce and the fastest receiver in the NFL in Hill.

Unless Mahomes puts up at least 12 more passing TD’s in the next three games, Rodgers will be the MVP.

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-20-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15409401)
The real argument is that Rodgers is 38 years old, has more TD passes with less weapons than Mahomes, who’s 25 and has the league’s leading receiver in Kelce and the fastest receiver in the NFL in Hill.

Unless Mahomes puts up at least 12 more passing TD’s in the next three games, Rodgers will be the MVP.

Hate that ****ing narrative... put Rodgers behind the Chiefs makeshift offensive line this year and see how he fares...

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

“Less weapons”

:facepalm:

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Everyone loves that narrative and we've hashed it over endlessly in this thread, but it's bullshit.

Rodgers has Davante Adams, who is either the #1 or #2 WR in the league this season, and the unquestioned best OL in the league, which is a weapon in itself. Aaron Jones is probably the most underrated RB in the league and Tonyan has more TDs than Kelce.

I think overall the Chiefs have the edge because our skill positions are deeper, but it's honestly very close. The difference in the OLs closes the gap greatly.

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15409407)
Hate that ****ing narrative... put Rodgers behind the Chiefs makeshift offensive line this year and see how he fares...

Adams is probably the one receiver playing better than Hill this year.

Tonyan is playing like a top 5 TE.

Aaron Jones is better than any running back on the Chiefs.

The Packers’ O-line is significantly better than the Chiefs.

The “less weapons” narrative is just patently false.

BossChief 12-20-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Mahomes has better weapons, but Rodgers has far better protection and probably a better defense.

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 01:07 PM

I also hate how we never credit Mahomes for elevating Hill and Kelce.

How many times did Kelce lead the league in receiving with Alex at QB?

DRM08 12-20-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15409422)
Mahomes has better weapons, but Rodgers has far better protection and probably a better defense.

Much better run game to open up easier play action type of throws.

chiefzilla1501 12-20-2020 01:16 PM

Really don’t care about regular season awards since mahomes already got his. Rodgers can put up great seasons like this. But does he lead like mahomes? Who would you rather have down In the 4q. MVPs don’t answer that question. Because mahomes wins those over Rodgers in a landslide,

Halfcan 12-20-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15409162)
Yeah, he also matched 75% of Rodgers’ INT output for the season in one game so..

Those INTs were squarely Mahomes’ fault anyway. The first one was thrown right into the hands of a defender in front of Kelce in the middle of a ton of traffic. He should have thrown that one into the dirt. The second was a clear overthrow to CEH and the third was a clear underthrow to Hill that allowed Howard to make a highlight reel play.

Sounds like these lucky tip-passed interceptions really soured you on Mahomes. I am surprised Andy is letting him start this week. Horrible!! Good luck rooting for Rodgers!! :thumb:

Halfcan 12-20-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15409407)

Same weapons Alex had minus a better run game and O line. It is such a bullshit way to minimize what Mahomes has done.

Rodgers has shit the bed in at least 2 games this year and was unable to rally his team. Mahomes had an amazing 4th quarter win and has closed games out when needed. He is an exciting leader and a blast to watch. He might end up with 800 more yards than Rodgers- especially if Rodgers keeps throwing for 140 yards a game.

More wins, more yards, bigger plays, more exciting and a better leader- that's our QB!!

-King- 12-20-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15409425)
I also hate how we never credit Mahomes for elevating Hill and Kelce.

How many times did Kelce lead the league in receiving with Alex at QB?

Wait what? Let's not do this. Tyreek and Kelce were still in the top 3 in their positions even with Alex. Yes their numbers got better with Mahomes but saying mahomes elevated them is ridiculous.

-King- 12-20-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15409476)
Sounds like these lucky tip-passed interceptions really soured you on Mahomes. I am surprised Andy is letting him start this week. Horrible!! Good luck rooting for Rodgers!! :thumb:

Are you capable of not arguing to the extremes?

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15409608)
Yes their numbers got better with Mahomes

Right, he elevates them. Thanks for proving my point.

I never said they weren’t elite before Mahomes. I’m saying Mahomes makes them better, which he unquestionably does.

Jerok 12-20-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Wait what? Let's not do this. Tyreek and Kelce were still in the top 3 in their positions even with Alex. Yes their numbers got better with Mahomes but saying mahomes elevated them is ridiculous.

"Saying Mahomes elevated them is ridiculous"

Uh...

They are now both top 5 in yards. Hill leading in TDs. That's elevated.

DRM08 12-20-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Tyreek was not considered a Top 3 receiver back in 2017 and earlier. Lot of people viewed him as a gadget player.

-King- 12-20-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15409628)
Right, he elevates them. Thanks for proving my point.

I never said they weren’t elite before Mahomes. I’m saying Mahomes makes them better, which he unquestionably does.

Imo, "elevating" is moving someone up a level. From very good to elite for example. They were already elite and Kelce had already established himself as the best TE in the game and Hill had 1200 yards in his 2nd year (first year starting) with Smith.

RunKC 12-20-2020 03:09 PM

Check out the Clyde INT again. Patrick was throwing over lineman and had to get it to a 5’8” RB. Of course he overthrew him. That’s a hard throw to make

-King- 12-20-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15409654)
Tyreek was not considered a Top 3 receiver back in 2017 and earlier. Lot of people viewed him as a gadget player.

He was drafted in 2016 and had 600 yards the last part of the season when they found a role for him and used him more and in 2017, his first year starting, he had 1200 yards and 7 touchdowns fully putting himself in that conversation.

El caliente 12-20-2020 06:59 PM

This game should put Mahomes ahead of Aaron.

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 07:03 PM

It was a rough game. I haven't looked at the stats but he had to have been around 50% completion percentage and like 6ish Y/A with a turnover.

The 3 TDs and Romo's talk of him closing out all of these games lately should help, though.

Idk, it's still a tight race.. I, for one, would love to see Patrick absolutely shred the Falcons and Chargers. Give no quarter.

DRM08 12-20-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15412690)
It was a rough game. I haven't looked at the stats but he had to have been around 50% completion percentage and like 6ish Y/A with a turnover.

The 3 TDs and Romo's talk of him closing out all of these games lately should help, though.

Idk, it's still a tight race.. I, for one, would love to see Patrick absolutely shred the Falcons and Chargers. Give no quarter.

Stats can be misleading. Receivers and OL did him no favors today.

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Anyone who watched the game knows that Mahomes played outstanding.

The dude took a ****ing beating all game and still made the plays when he had to to win the game.

This is the gutsiest performance i've seen out of him since the Baltimore game in 2018.

Today is the kind of games that MVPs are made of. The 5 TDs against the Jets and Panthers of the world are sexier, but performances like today are what cement his greatness to me.

RedRaider56 12-20-2020 07:15 PM

Pat is one tough SOB
Entire team gutted it out today

MahomesMagic 12-20-2020 07:15 PM

Mahomes moved closer to MVP tonight. That was super elite winning QB play.

DRM08 12-20-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15412801)
Anyone who watched the game knows that Mahomes played outstanding.

The dude took a ****ing beating all game and still made the plays when he had to to win the game.

This is the gutsiest performance i've seen out of him since the Baltimore game in 2018.

Today is the kind of games that MVPs are made of. The 5 TDs against the Jets and Panthers of the world are sexier, but performances like today are what cement his greatness to me.

He made some pretty phenomenal plays in this game. Also got screwed by receiver drops and OL struggling with pass rushers.

mililo4cpa 12-20-2020 07:27 PM

Throw to Hardman was absolutely amazing....no words on how difficult and great that throw was....

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15412792)

I know, but like dude said: it wasn’t a sexy game so I don’t think this week will have done much to move the meter for either candidate.

RINGLEADER 12-20-2020 07:30 PM

The only reason Mahomes isn't the MVP every year is because people get tired of seeing the same guy winning the award. Is like when Jordan played but they somehow found a way to give it to Karl Malone. ROFL

Halfcan 12-20-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15412928)
I know, but like dude said: it wasn’t a sexy game so I don’t think this week will have done much to move the meter for either candidate.

So going on the road, putting up over 30 points on the best defense in the NFL only allowing 21 a game while beating a HOF QB is not good enough?

Maybe he should have shit rainbows and unicorns out of his ass after every TD. :rolleyes:

-King- 12-20-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 15412942)
The only reason Mahomes isn't the MVP every year is because people get tired of seeing the same guy winning the award. Is like when Jordan played but they somehow found a way to give it to Karl Malone. ROFL

Jesus christ, how long do you guys think Mahomes had been in the league and how many MVPs do you guys think he has?

KChiefs1 12-20-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15412792)

Yeah, hated to see the 315 yard game streak end.

RealSNR 12-20-2020 08:22 PM

I've stopped giving a shit about the MVP. I know in the quest for greatness, winning multiples of these awards is quite important, but it's gonna do far more to boost his career against the all-time greats to get that 2nd Super Bowl early on.

Beef Supreme 12-20-2020 08:26 PM

Half the mvp voters just look at the stat line and don't really watch the games. They wouldn't know situational football greatness if it bit them in the ass. That said, who gives a ****? Win the Superbowl again.

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15413111)
So going on the road, putting up over 30 points on the best defense in the NFL only allowing 21 a game while beating a HOF QB is not good enough?

Maybe he should have shit rainbows and unicorns out of his ass after every TD. :rolleyes:

You should really take his cock out of your mouth.

ThaVirus 12-20-2020 08:52 PM

Check this out:

https://twitter.com/dmarinelli24/sta...508721666?s=20

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15413256)

If that stat doesn't prove that Mahomes is the MVP than I have no idea what possibly could.

KC_Connection 12-20-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

The Saints are the best defense in the NFL and forced the Chiefs out of their comfort zone more than any team I've seen this year. Considering the pressure he was under routinely, he was great today. Any other quarterback in his spot behind that line wouldn't have even been able to move the ball.

If a game like today somehow doesn't help his cause to win the MVP, it's an award that isn't worth shit anyway.

diqlix 12-20-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El caliente (Post 15412646)
This game should put Mahomes ahead of Aaron.

It may not be Rodgers that Mahomes is ultimately battling for MVP...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Allen for MVP? <br><br>The Bills (-6.5) have a nice lead thanks to Josh Allen&#39;s FOUR total TDs ��<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/icCFsyfhKQ">pic.twitter.com/icCFsyfhKQ</a></p>&mdash; Pickswise (@Pickswise) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pickswise/status/1340439765775212546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Allen is making a serious run for MVP. His improvement this year is nothing short of remarkable</p>&mdash; Ben Volin (@BenVolin) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1340420696296583168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Allen is the MVP</p>&mdash; Garrett Ventry (@GarrettVentry) <a href="https://twitter.com/GarrettVentry/status/1340441731888758784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan 12-20-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15413253)
You should really take his cock out of your mouth.

Says the guy blowing Rodgers every other post. :rolleyes:

You must not watch the games if you think the shit performance that Rodgers had and Mahomes game today is the same. They are on opposite ends of the clutch spectrum.

Halfcan 12-20-2020 09:59 PM

And... here come all the Josh ball washers.

New World Order 12-20-2020 10:02 PM

We'll let Allen get the Most Improved Player Award.

Well deserved.

tredadda 12-20-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15413349)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Allen for MVP? <br><br>The Bills (-6.5) have a nice lead thanks to Josh Allen&#39;s FOUR total TDs ��<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/icCFsyfhKQ">pic.twitter.com/icCFsyfhKQ</a></p>&mdash; Pickswise (@Pickswise) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pickswise/status/1340439765775212546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Allen is making a serious run for MVP. His improvement this year is nothing short of remarkable</p>&mdash; Ben Volin (@BenVolin) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1340420696296583168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Allen is the MVP</p>&mdash; Garrett Ventry (@GarrettVentry) <a href="https://twitter.com/GarrettVentry/status/1340441731888758784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What has he done this year that's superior to what Mahomes or even Rodgers has done?

Humbug 12-20-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/fu6NJCS.png

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/4bUV7Ls.gif

New World Order 12-20-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15413467)

LMAO

TomBarndtsTwin 12-20-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15413467)

Well done.

Best use of a gif. in a thread in a while . . . . . .

Bravo, sir. :clap:

MahomesMagic 12-20-2020 10:09 PM

Josh Allen wins best one read QB award over Tannehill and Herbert this year.

MVP down to Mahomes and Rodgers.

Halfcan 12-20-2020 10:13 PM

Whichever QB has a good game- is now the MVP and is better than Mahomes- the media!

-King- 12-20-2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15413486)
Whichever QB has a good game- is now the MVP and is better than Mahomes- the media!

Mahomes is still the favorite to win and most of the media thinks he should. You guys are so easily manipulated and riled up.

Halfcan 12-20-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15413507)
Mahomes is still the favorite to win and most of the media thinks he should. You guys are so easily manipulated and riled up.

2 MVP's put Mahomes in rare company. So yeah, it is a pretty big deal and he deserves it.

Multiple-time winners
Awards Player Team(s) Years Year inducted into
Pro Football Hall of Fame

5 Peyton Manning Indianapolis Colts (4) / Denver Broncos (1) 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013 Eligible in 2021

3 Jim Brown Cleveland Browns 1957, 1958, 1965 1971

Johnny Unitas Baltimore Colts 1959, 1964, 1967 1979

Brett Favre Green Bay Packers 1995, 1996, 1997 2016

Tom Brady New England Patriots 2007, 2010, 2017 Active

2 Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers 1989, 1990 2000

Steve Young 1992, 1994 2005

Kurt Warner St. Louis Rams 1999, 2001 2017

Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers 2011, 2014 Active

Chieftain 12-20-2020 10:58 PM

Mahomes has played 50 games thus far in his career. His record is 41-9, with a winning percentage of .820
The only QB that comes remotely close is Brady with a .763 winning percentage. Rodgers stands at .653

Hammock Parties 12-20-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 15413557)
Mahomes has played 50 games thus far in his career. His record is 41-9, with a winning percentage of .820
The only QB that comes remotely close is Brady with a .763 winning percentage. Rodgers stands at .653

The sadness that will overcome me when he finally has a losing season will be too much to bear.

PAChiefsGuy 12-20-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Unreal.. He's been dominating since he has been starting there is no other way to put it.

comochiefsfan 12-20-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15413562)
The sadness that will overcome me when he finally has a losing season will be too much to bear.

In what world is Patrick Mahomes ever going to have a losing season?

Sure, he won't win double digit games every single year, but 7-9 or worse? I just don't see it.

-King- 12-20-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15413540)
2 MVP's put Mahomes in rare company. So yeah, it is a pretty big deal and he deserves it.

Multiple-time winners
Awards Player Team(s) Years Year inducted into
Pro Football Hall of Fame

5 Peyton Manning Indianapolis Colts (4) / Denver Broncos (1) 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013 Eligible in 2021

3 Jim Brown Cleveland Browns 1957, 1958, 1965 1971

Johnny Unitas Baltimore Colts 1959, 1964, 1967 1979

Brett Favre Green Bay Packers 1995, 1996, 1997 2016

Tom Brady New England Patriots 2007, 2010, 2017 Active

2 Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers 1989, 1990 2000

Steve Young 1992, 1994 2005

Kurt Warner St. Louis Rams 1999, 2001 2017

Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers 2011, 2014 Active

Literally no one has said he doesn't deserve it. Jump off the ledge sir LMAO

NEOM 12-20-2020 11:06 PM

There won’t be a third party, it’s either Mahomes or Rodgers

Halfcan 12-20-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15413572)
Literally no one has said he doesn't deserve it. Jump off the ledge sir LMAO

1st tip pass interception last week- there were dozens of post-"Whelp, there goes the MVP!"

I guess you missed that. :doh!:

Rodgers shits the bed and he gets a pass. Mahomes beats the best D in the NFL and it was "not sexy enough".

I want him to get all the Escalades!!

Redbled 12-20-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15413568)
In what world is Patrick Mahomes ever going to have a losing season?

Sure, he won't win double digit games every single year, but 7-9 or worse? I just don't see it.

Zero chance if he’s healthy.

-King- 12-20-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15413588)
1st tip pass interception last week- there were dozens of post-"Whelp, there goes the MVP!"

I guess you missed that. :doh!:

Rodgers shits the bed and he gets a pass. Mahomes beats the best D in the NFL and it was "not sexy enough".

I want him to get all the Escalades!!

Did you miss all those posts that said that Rodgers bad game opened the door again for MVP. I'm even the person who bumped this thread after Rodgers game. Nobody gave him a pass. You're just making up shit for some reason.

Sannyasi 12-20-2020 11:24 PM

It's going to Mahomes. Even if Rodgers numbers are 1% better Mahomes has so much going for him narrative-wise, as the leader of a 15-1 team who just won the Super Bowl. A lot of the squares aren't even going to look at the statistics, they're just going to vote for the 15-1 QB.

philfree 12-20-2020 11:24 PM

I thought todays performance was an MVP performance. I don't think any other QB could have gotten done today what Mahomes did considering our O line. He got the shit beat out of him and he still willed us to a win. He was like Rocky just absorbing the shots. MVP!

Halfcan 12-20-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15413597)
Did you miss all those posts that said that Rodgers bad game opened the door again for MVP. I'm even the person who bumped this thread after Rodgers game. Nobody gave him a pass. You're just making up shit for some reason.

The door was Never closed on Mahomes, that is the point. ThaVirus just posted that it "didn't move the needle" --but I guess I made that up.

Halfcan 12-20-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 15413610)
It's going to Mahomes. Even if Rodgers numbers are 1% better Mahomes has so much going for him narrative-wise, as the leader of a 15-1 team who just won the Super Bowl. A lot of the squares aren't even going to look at the statistics, they're just going to vote for the 15-1 QB.

We still have 2 more games to win. They won't be easy, but definitely winnable. 15-1 puts the Chiefs up there with the best teams in history, especially if they cap it off with an SB win.

Bob Dole 12-21-2020 02:27 AM

Quote:

That’s just crazy.

KC_Connection 12-21-2020 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 15413610)

This. At this point, Mahomes is recognized as the unquestioned best player in football (despite what some hot take artists say to maintain content for their shows). I have little doubt he will win the award if they maintain the best record in the league with his numbers.

NEOM 12-21-2020 07:55 AM

Rodgers needs to have massiv 4 TDs, 400 YDs game against the Titans, otherwise it's done.

ThaVirus 12-21-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15413622)
The door was Never closed on Mahomes, that is the point. ThaVirus just posted that it "didn't move the needle" --but I guess I made that up.

I never said the door was closed for Mahomes LMAO

At this point it's clear as day that you're incapable of understanding what's being said. You're looking for a reason to be offended so you will find anything to get riled up, snowflake.

Hammock Parties 12-21-2020 08:29 AM

Total TDs: Mahomes 38, Rodgers 43

Total Yards: Mahomes 4739, Rodgers 3954

Total Turnovers: Mahomes 7, Rodgers 6

Mahomes needs to close the gap to 3 TDs or less.

DRM08 12-21-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15413867)
Rodgers needs to have massiv 4 TDs, 400 YDs game against the Titans, otherwise it's done.

That is very possible. Tennessee defense is terrible. But I guess you never know. He didn’t exactly light up a terrible Carolina defense.