ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

KC Dan 01-20-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14740784)
I’m a visitor here so I’ll take the high road and keep it peaceful...

I 100% agree. This is why my original post stated that it’ll take the pass rush to get to Mahomes to negate that speed the Chiefs WR have. If we can’t get to your QB before routes develop, it’ll be over by halftime.

Agreed, nice post.

Iowanian 01-20-2020 05:10 PM

The Superbowl SHOULD be the toughest matchups.....#1-2 O vs #1-2 D. It absolutely SHOULD be a contested matchup where big plays and great coaching make the difference.

I don't hate the way the 9ers play ball, but if you think I waited over 40 years to talk shit on super bowl week and then not do it.....

MOARGore 01-20-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14740773)
Welcome. Please stick around- your reasonable takes are appreciated.

Does Tartt typically drop deep in your cover 3 or is it primarily Witherspoon and Sherman?

We rotate our safeties a bit more and mix in more cover 2 over what we’ve been running under Saleh the last two years, but Tart typically plays the single high safety roll, and Ward our FS is kind of a Swiss Army knife. Against the Rams in the first game, he played man coverage on Cooper Kupp in the slot.

Weatherspoon got benched after he gave up the bomb to Diggs last week.

He’s struggled badly with confidence the last few weeks.

Emmanuel Moseley took his spot, and has played well all year. He filled in for Spoon in the middle of the season when he had a foot injury.

The corners often press and bail, but we’ll mix in man or off coverage.

I suspect we’ll mix it up against the Chiefs and see if anything sticks.

carcosa 01-20-2020 05:12 PM

Chiefs 69
49ers 0

And you can take that to the BANK!!!!

DJ's left nut 01-20-2020 05:14 PM

On the flipside - might they just be a better version of the 2015 Chiefs?

That team was a game-manager and a creative offensive mind making things work. It was a young Kelce, dynamic Maclin, deep stable of RBs and solid OL that created a good but not great offense. Then a nice set of defenders in Houston, Hali, Poe and Howard making things difficult in the middle with solid coverage that yielded a top 5 defense.

Ultimately I think this 49ers team is what we always hoped the 2014 team would be. The problem w/ '13 is that it didn't have the depth of offensive weapons that the 49ers do. And the '15 team was seeing declining returns from guys like Hali, Houston and Poe.

But if you'd have combined the '13 teams defensive weapons/depth with the '15 teams offensive style/personnel then you'd have something like this 49ers team. And folks, a combination of the '13 and '15 Chiefs teams could've won a championship but '14 just didn't work out that way for a variety of reasons.

Ultimately I think the Chiefs can win this game, but I hope they realize that they can't **** off this time around.

DRM08 01-20-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14740784)
I’m a visitor here so I’ll take the high road and keep it peaceful...

I 100% agree. This is why my original post stated that it’ll take the pass rush to get to Mahomes to negate that speed the Chiefs WR have. If we can’t get to your QB before routes develop, it’ll be over by halftime.

I dunno. I can see a scenario where your defense struggles against KC offense but the game overall is a very close one. Niners offense has plenty of potential to put 35+ points on KC defense.

The Franchise 01-20-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14740819)
Ultimately I think the Chiefs can win this game, but I hope they realize that they can't **** off this time around.

And that is going to be the main thing in this game.

If the Chiefs can not step on their own dicks for almost a quarter and actually start the game out with a lead.....then I don’t think it’s going to be that close. But you can’t start out slow a third game in a row and just expect to shut down a team again. Yes I know that shit happened with the Texans and the Titans but the 49ers have an offense that has playmakers on it and a coach that can scheme an offense to beat you.

The Franchise 01-20-2020 05:20 PM

And if I had to pick a score based off of this very moment.

Chiefs - 34
49ers - 24

Naptown Chief 01-20-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deebo19 (Post 14740071)
Congratulations on getting to the Super Bowl. 49er fan looking for a high scoring, last possession game.

The gist I get from this thread is the 9ers haven't seen or had to deal with a high octane offense like yours before. I mean it's unbelievable and definitely scary.

But I think where fans need to be careful is, we as 49er fans know how explosive your offense is and who your key players are.

On the contrary, I think your fans are underestimating the 49er offense, especially Jimmy. But, without watching every single 49er snap, that's completely understandable.

Everyone says they're going to stop the run, and it was possible during the middle stretch of our season with both our tackles and juice out. We were playing with our 4th and 5th string tackles, plus Kittle was out for a stretch.

Now it's a different story.

Will we have enough firepower? We'll find out, but at this very moment I am very confident, but admit I have no idea who is going to win this game.

We do though, know that is

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 01-20-2020 05:23 PM

The 49ers excel at outside runs and that's where we're a bit weak.

We've got the beef in the middle to stop dives and other inside runs but our LBs are still slow.

DRM08 01-20-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14740829)
And that is going to be the main thing in this game.

If the Chiefs can not step on their own dicks for almost a quarter and actually start the game out with a lead.....then I don’t think it’s going to be that close. But you can’t start out slow a third game in a row and just expect to shut down a team again. Yes I know that shit happened with the Texans and the Titans but the 49ers have an offense that has playmakers on it and a coach that can scheme an offense to beat you.

Gotta have a better start for sure. I am hoping much warmer temperature in Miami will help the receivers catch the ball easier than we have seen in KC wind chill of 5-15 degrees.

staylor26 01-20-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14740850)

We've got the beef in the middle to stop dives and other inside runs but our LBs are still slow.

Sure did just fine against Lindsay and Cook on those.

johnny961 01-20-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14740785)
The 49ers are the toughest matchup in the NFL for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs can struggle if you get pressure w/ 4 because they can't run the ball efficiently enough to slow the DL down and the screen game just hasn't been very good. So teams that can send 4 and create havoc can keep 7 in coverage and do enough to clog up passing lanes and/or disrupt the timing of the offense. With Bosa, Armstead, Buckner and (yes) Ford - that's a lot of guys that can **** stuff up on the DL. It's a nasty front that can make things difficult all day without having to send extra defenders.

On offense they have genuine game-breakers out of the backfield in Mostert and Breida, who are both very elusive and very quick. Henry isn't as shifty or quick - he gave you a target to hit. The Niners backs don't and Shanahan runs the most interesting running attack in football right now. He's just got a damn nice scheme.

Moreover, if you sell-out to clog rushing lanes, Samuel's emergence as a deep threat along with Sanders as a stick mover and the dangerous Kittle mean that they can really hurt us if we give them an opening.

I figured the Chiefs had a real nice path to double digit wins against both Houston and TN, but this 49ers team is a different critter.

The Chiefs can obviously win the game, but they need to play the best game (ALL 60 minutes) that they've played all season. None of these brutal 3rd down drops. None of the coverage breakdowns and none of the stupid penalties.

They have to play incredibly well. Their previous 2 opponents simply weren't at their level talent-wise. They could give a B- effort and beat two overmatched teams. The 49ers ain't overmatched. Not on paper and not in the coaching staff.

This is gonna be a dogfight and if the Chiefs come out flat, they'll lose it. They have to come out sharper than they've come out in the last 2 games.

This to a T. Those first quarter sputters that put us behind early in both of our playoff games could sink us in a game like this. We have to bring 4 quarters of A game play on offense, defense, and special teams.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 05:38 PM

Both teams are bound to press a little early, it’s a bunch of dudes playing in their first SB. You hope our team won’t do that, but ultimately someone probably will and it will cost us in some fashion. Same for SF.

Point being, I don’t think KC has to be perfect to win the game. They need to be cleaner in the 1st quarter than the past two weeks, but they don’t have to be flawless. Neither team is going to be.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 05:41 PM

I would also come to grips with the fact that Shanahan is probably going to get us defensively with his opening 15 plays. He’s the best there is in that phase of the game.

You hope to hold them to 3 or even 0, but if KC doesn’t keep them out of the end zone, don’t be shocked nor panicked. The strength of this defense is their coaching staff’s ability to adjust.

johnny961 01-20-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14740897)
I would also come to grips with the fact that Shanahan is probably going to get us defensively with his opening 15 plays. He’s the best there is in that phase of the game.

You hope to hold them to 3 or even 0, but if KC doesn’t keep them out of the end zone, don’t be shocked nor panicked. The strength of this defense is their coaching staff’s ability to adjust.

Yes. It is so refreshing to see Spags and the other defensive coaches adjust as we go along as opposed to what we witnessed last year.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 05:52 PM

I’m gonna have to hop on game pass and watch the 2018 game soon.

I just wanna see what kind of concepts Andy used to attack Saleh’s scheme. That will tell us where he thinks they can be attacked to some degree.

DRM08 01-20-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14740897)

Defense looked very shaky until the 4 minute mark of the 2nd quarter. It was impressive how they played the rest of the game.

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14740918)

I just wanna see what kind of concepts Andy used to attack Saleh’s scheme. That will tell us where he thinks they can be attacked to some degree.

Be curious to hear your thoughts. My only concern is that Saleh is a gus Bradley guy, and bradleys done better vs mahomes than most.

ThyKingdomCome15 01-20-2020 05:56 PM

I think we match up well with this team. If our OL wasn't playing well then I'd be worried. But truth is the Niners secondary isn't that great. Mahomes will chew them up. And the long they're on the field the slower the pass rush will become. Their secondary honestly kinda sucks but have benefitted all year off of stellar DL pressure. Not gonna be that easy.

Defensively it's clear the Niner dont wanna have to try to out gun sling Mahomes. Ball control offense but they will take thir shots with guys like Kittle and Sanders. But all in all, in a game like this you go with the better QB. Chiefs have a massive advantage here.

And on a side note. Hear a lot about the SF DL and it's annoying. I can almost guarantee you its gonna be OUR DL imposing its will, not theirs. Not that those guys aren't an excellent unit, they are. But when it comes to Mahomes it doesn't always matter. He's so good at escaping and extending plays that a great rush often becomes a great effort because Mahomes still found a way. Jimmy G doesnt really have this ability. And though the Chiefs DL features daunting names such as Suggs, Clark, and Jones, you dont hear much about them. But you see them causing havoc every week.

ThaVirus 01-20-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14740874)
Sure did just fine against Lindsay and Cook on those.

There is no comparing the Broncos and the 49ers.

We did a good job of defending the Vikings offense but this 49ers offense has a stronger OL.

Sonoco 01-20-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14740372)
Looking at last year's matchup we are basically playing the same defensive team minus Bosa and Dee Choker. Mahomes had 314 yds and 3 TD's and the 49ers rushed for 180 yds and lost by 10.

Another carpetbagging Niner fan incoming. First of all, Congrats on the AFC Title and a great season. This will be the toughest test of the year for both teams which is how it should be. Can't wait!

As far as the 49ers 2018 D vs 2019, aside from Bosa and Ford, Lynch added Kwon Alexander and Dre Greenlaw. Also Jimmy Ward was playing out of position at CB and Tartt was out. Other than that, totally the same.

duncan_idaho 01-20-2020 06:10 PM

Key for me for Chiefs’ defense:

Can you take the middle of the field away from Garroppolo, or confuse him enough to create a turnover or two across the middle?

It doesn’t look like he throws well outside the hashes, based on the numbers and also some commentary from 49ers reporters.

These teams are evenly matched enough for a single turnover/play to turn things.

Key for me for the 49ers defense:

If they do mix up more looks, how does a team that runs zone 2/3 of the time handle playing more man, or playing more things outside their base zone?

Taking a team outside its comfort zone/strength can always be dicey.

The fact Richard Sherman doesn’t travel with WRs also presents some interesting matchups/chess game. Suspect we will see Hill lined up in the slot/away from Sherman the entire game, with Robinson lined up outside on Sherman’s side of the field.

staylor26 01-20-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14740934)
There is no comparing the Broncos and the 49ers.

We did a good job of defending the Vikings offense but this 49ers offense has a stronger OL.

But you said this is something we have trouble with. What are you basing that on?

MOARGore 01-20-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14740918)

Aside from personnel, our scheme is a little bit different from 2018.

We brought in a DL coach to implement the "wide 9" technique, which caused a few leaks in the running game earlier in the season, but they've tightened up.

We also brought in a DB coach to tweak the back end a bit. Stefanski just hired him to be his DC in Cleveland.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14740954)

Can you take the middle of the field away from Garroppolo, or confuse him enough to create a turnover or two across the middle?

KC’s defense does like to move around a lot in the MOF. Lots of unique rotations into zone coverages. Especially with Mathieu.

Gotta catch the ones that Jimmy throws at them..

MOARGore 01-20-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14740954)

It doesn’t look like he throws well outside the hashes, based on the numbers and also some commentary from 49ers reporters.

Garoppolo loves the middle of the field, but part of that is just Shanahan's scheme.

When we run go routes, it's mostly to clear out things underneath and put safeties in conflict.

We don't really ask our guys to win on the outside on streaks/fades/deep outs.

When we throw outside the numbers, it's usually a deep crosser or a deep comeback route.

I think Shanahan likes to counter defenders crowding the middle of the field without outside zone runs and floods.

Honestly, Jimmy G usually gets into trouble when he holds the ball too long. He's good against the blitz and getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

If the coverage is tight, sometimes he's reluctant to take the checkdown.

Almost all of his picks have come when he's had time.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14740960)

We brought in a DL coach to implement the "wide 9" technique, which caused a few leaks in the running game earlier in the season, but they've tightened up.

We also brought in a DB coach to tweak the back end a bit. Stefanski just hired him to be his DC in Cleveland.

I notice off the bat that Reuben Foster is in this game from ‘18. Would think that makes the ILB position a wash for the most part.

MOARGore 01-20-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14740969)
I notice off the bat that Reuben Foster is in this game from ‘18. Would think that makes the ILB position a wash for the most part.

Yeah Foster was really good, but he was obviously a headcase.

Kwon is a much more stable player and better leader.

Fred Warner has also grown a lot. That was only his 3rd game as a pro.

duncan_idaho 01-20-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14740960)

Yeah, wide 9 is interesting.

I expect to see a lot of screen action early in the game to try to exploit that. It’s one of the ways to attack it.

It looks like Ford - when he’s not being his typical brokedick self- is primarily playing third downs? I see him listed as the starter but it seems like Bosa and Armstead are the real base/early down guys.

MOARGore 01-20-2020 06:29 PM

How has Sorensen filled in for Thornhill?

Is he good in coverage?

MOARGore 01-20-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14740972)

I expect to see a lot of screen action early in the game to try to exploit that. It’s one of the ways to attack it.

It looks like Ford - when he’s not being his typical brokedick self- is primarily playing third downs? I see him listed as the starter but it seems like Bosa and Armstead are the real base/early down guys.

Ford has primarily played on 3rd/obvious passing downs since coming back from his hamstring injury, but sometimes he'll play on base downs.

We rotate a lot on the DL, although we lost our starting nose tackle and a couple backups, so our depth isn't quite as strong as the beginning of the year.

wachashi 01-20-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14740754)
Although I won’t disagree, I will say we’ve had more success shutting down the opp best WR more often than not.

Chris Godwin
Mike Evans
Jarvis Landry
OBJ
Stefon Diggs
Adam Thielen
Devante Adams

Also, Devante Adams got the majority of his yards in garbage time.

The Vikings and Packers are the only competent offenses on that list. Diggs burned one of your starting corners so bad he got benched. After that, Kirk Cousins had zero time to throw and the running game fell apart for the Vikings - kudos to the 49ers front 7 for that.

I keep seeing 49er fans say Devante Adams got his yards in garbage time. I suppose if you want to call the entire fourth quarter "garbage time" then, yes, he did.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14740972)

Funny you say that. Just watched the first drive from 2018, KC ran 2 screens that went for 15 yards a piece and they also ran a counter play that seemed to target the 9ers aggressive nature up front.

The personnel is quite different to be fair. Just looking for a trend here. Expect plenty of screens early to try and slow that rush down.

Deberg_1990 01-20-2020 06:34 PM

Brad Pitt with a shoutout to the Chiefs on the red carpet last night.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brad Pitt is a good sport ������<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperBowl?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SuperBowl</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotWorldSeries?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotWorldSeries</a> <a href="https://t.co/ySELUW8xNI">pic.twitter.com/ySELUW8xNI</a></p>&mdash; Variety (@Variety) <a href="https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1219073369556959233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FringeNC 01-20-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 14740978)
The Vikings and Packers are the only competent offenses on that list. Diggs burned one of your starting corners so bad he got benched. After that, Kirk Cousins had zero time to throw and the running game fell apart for the Vikings - kudos to the 49ers front 7 for that.

I keep seeing 49er fans say Devante Adams got his yards in garbage time. I suppose if you want to call the entire fourth quarter "garbage time" then, yes, he did.

Brees threw for about 400 didn't he?

MOARGore 01-20-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 14740978)

Well, the score was 34-7 in the 4th quarter.

It doesn't get much more garbagey than that.

Regardless, the Chiefs' playmakers are a different level than Adams.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 06:38 PM

Reid started the 2018 matchup with more shifts than I’ve seen us run in probably any first quarter this year.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 06:39 PM

Chiefs just ran another screen on the 2nd drive for 17 yards. This is going to be a thing. Doubt they’re as successful though.

dirk digler 01-20-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonoco (Post 14740941)
Another carpetbagging Niner fan incoming. First of all, Congrats on the AFC Title and a great season. This will be the toughest test of the year for both teams which is how it should be. Can't wait!

As far as the 49ers 2018 D vs 2019, aside from Bosa and Ford, Lynch added Kwon Alexander and Dre Greenlaw. Also Jimmy Ward was playing out of position at CB and Tartt was out. Other than that, totally the same.

Welcome to CP.

I am not saying it is the same just that we went up against pretty much the same Saleh scheme last year which may help us prepare for it.

wachashi 01-20-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14740988)
Well, the score was 34-7 in the 4th quarter.

It doesn't get much more garbagey than that.

Regardless, the Chiefs' playmakers are a different level than Adams.

Meh. It was 34-7 for about 15 seconds in the 4th until the Packers punched it in for a touchdown. There was some game pressure applied there. I doubt the 49er defensive staff was calling it garbage time at that point.

TwistedChief 01-20-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14740593)
9er fan here. I come in peace.

I’ll take my offense vs your defense any day of the week.

Frank Clark frequents this board, and after reading the above, he's hacked into one of the mods' accounts to get your IP address so that he can track down your home address, break down your door, and assault you with a tire iron. He really doesn't like when people say bad things about this defense...

Sofa King 01-20-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14740982)
Brad Pitt with a shoutout to the Chiefs on the red carpet last night.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brad Pitt is a good sport ������<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperBowl?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SuperBowl</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotWorldSeries?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotWorldSeries</a> <a href="https://t.co/ySELUW8xNI">pic.twitter.com/ySELUW8xNI</a></p>&mdash; Variety (@Variety) <a href="https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1219073369556959233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He seems shitfaced

8taylor2 01-20-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14737807)
Elbow injury.

Hope it's serious.

This is disgusting.

rlkats 01-20-2020 06:54 PM

Chief fans, congrats to your team making the big game. The Chiefs have the most prolific offense I have ever seen. It will be very tough to beat the Cheifs, impossible? No. Just very hard. My niners will have to play perfect. I have faith that Jimmy can play a good game, the big question is can the D slow down the speed of the Chiefs?
My niners went from a pathetic joke to a actual competitor. They went into New Orleans with Jimmy and out shot Drew Brees (who was on fire that day) I'm looking to a great game and of course a niners win(hopefully).

Jeff.Fisher 01-20-2020 06:56 PM

I see this game going like this.. mahomes will drive the field, but the physical 9er defense will buckle down in the red zone, holding the chiefs to field goals. K.C.'s speed becomes less of a threat in the red zone where the field shrinks, and that physicality of the 49ers will tip the scales in their favor. Finesse teams tend to be flashy between the 20's then stall out before punching it in.

I see the 9ers up 14-10 at halftime, and winning 28 - 24. With the chiefs getting 8 field goals

RunKC 01-20-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14740850)

Let me repeat this again: Brendan Daly was the DL coach for the Patriots against the Kyle Shannahan lead offense in the Super Bowl (Falcons). He was also the DL coach a year ago vs the Rams, whose coach Sean McVay is from the Shannahan tree and runs very similar concepts.

duncan_idaho 01-20-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14740976)
Ford has primarily played on 3rd/obvious passing downs since coming back from his hamstring injury, but sometimes he'll play on base downs.

We rotate a lot on the DL, although we lost our starting nose tackle and a couple backups, so our depth isn't quite as strong as the beginning of the year.

That's too bad. I hope the 49ers staff decides he needs to play more on early downs so they can improve their pass rush.

He's very exploitable. They're probably too smart to let that be the case, though.

I bet we see a lot of 21 personnel regardless, if the 49ers are sitting in a lot of zone still. That helps the screen game (Reid loves to run screens with action to both sides and use Kelce, and Bell is a good blocker).

8taylor2 01-20-2020 07:00 PM

Sorry Chiefs fans, I planned on coming here in peace. I quite like the Chiefs and while we are enemies for the Super Bowl, in my experience Chiefs fans are pretty great and you have a classy organization.

When I see someone wishing and celebrating injuries on people, thats just disgusting to me. I'm sure I'll get banned for the previous post and I understand why, but even watching the Chiefs win I was hoping they'd stay healthy for the big game.

CasselGotPeedOn 01-20-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14741016)
I see this game going like this.. mahomes will drive the field, but the physical 9er defense will buckle down in the red zone, holding the chiefs to field goals. K.C.'s speed becomes less of a threat in the red zone where the field shrinks, and that physicality of the 49ers will tip the scales in their favor. Finesse teams tend to be flashy between the 20's then stall out before punching it in.

I see the 9ers up 14-10 at halftime, and winning 28 - 24. With the chiefs getting 8 field goals

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is knowmo

DRM08 01-20-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

8 cracks at the end zone? Mahomes is pretty clutch. If he has 8 chances, they will get at least 1 TD.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-20-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8taylor2 (Post 14741032)
Sorry Chiefs fans, I planned on coming here in peace. I quite like the Chiefs and while we are enemies for the Super Bowl, in my experience Chiefs fans are pretty great and you have a classy organization.

When I see someone wishing and celebrating injuries on people, thats just disgusting to me. I'm sure I'll get banned for the previous post and I understand why, but even watching the Chiefs win I was hoping they'd stay healthy for the big game.

Don't assume that the comments from one poster are the thoughts of this group. 99.9% of us don't want ANY injuries. We want two healthy teams fighting to the death.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 07:04 PM

Jeff Allen has been freakin’ nails with predictions since he stopped playing and I think he nails the key to the SB outcome here: https://twitter.com/jeffallen71/stat...977249282?s=21

Basically, he says it comes down to Pat having time to throw or not. Says SF can’t cover KCs receivers and I think we can all agree on that. Just give Pat a little time big fellas...

8taylor2 01-20-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14741041)
Don't assume that the comments from one poster are the thoughts of this group. 99.9% of us don't want ANY injuries. We want two healthy teams fighting to the death.

I don't man, I know the 49ers have fans that are the same way and I try to call them out on it too.

As I said, most of my experience with Chiefs fans have been great.

smithandrew051 01-20-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

How would the Chiefs score 10 in the first half, finish with 24, and kick 8 field goals?

Jeff.Fisher 01-20-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14741037)
8 cracks at the end zone? Mahomes is pretty clutch. If he has 8 chances, they will get at least 1 TD.

Ok 28 - 25

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8taylor2 (Post 14741007)
This is disgusting.

Not a career ender. Just, like, a 3 week injury.

You should see some of Clay's comments about Alex Smith if you think what I posted was "disgusting".

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 01-20-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14741046)
How would the Chiefs score 10 in the first half, finish with 24, and kick 8 field goals?

Math is obviously NOT his strong suit.

:LOL:

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14741047)
Ok 28 - 25

I see you didn't learn much from yesterday.

JimNasium 01-20-2020 07:07 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14741047)
Ok 28 - 25

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 14741050)
Math is obviously NOT his strong suit.

:LOL:

ROFL

Coach 01-20-2020 07:10 PM

I would play the same design of defense that Spags had done against Tennessee. Stack the box, with a single high S, and trust your secondary to take care of their man.

It has worked for the most part, outside of busted coverages.

Make Garapollo beat you.

Jeff.Fisher 01-20-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 14741059)
I would play the same design of defense that Spags had done against Tennessee. Stack the box, with a single high S, and trust your secondary to take care of their man.

It has worked for the most part, outside of busted coverages.

Make Garapollo beat you.

That could work. . Of course, the titans were on the end of a brutal 4 week road trip. With henry hobbled by a ridiculous workload. With play callers who refused to call uncle, and refs who had been told to get the chiefs to the super bowl.

I really should have listened to you guys. John Q Public likes to watch finesse teams on the big stage

The Franchise 01-20-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14741066)
That could work. . Of course, the titans were on the end of a brutal 4 week road trip. With henry hobbled by a ridiculous workload. With play callers who refused to call uncle, and refs who had been told to get the chiefs to the super bowl.

I really should have listened to you guys. John Q Public likes to watch finesse teams on the big stage

Oh so now the refs ****ed you. Feel free to leave CP now, you ****ing moron.

8taylor2 01-20-2020 07:15 PM

As for the game, here are my thoughts:

The Chiefs are going to win. Ya'lls offense is just completely absurd and slowing it down is no joke.

That said, I'll address some of the narratives I've seen during this thread.

"This team lost to the Falcons" The 49ers did lose to the Falcons, but 6 of their 11 starters on defense were injured for that game. Based on the reports I've read, only DJ Jones will be missing the Super Bowl. So it'll be a different team than the one that lost to the Falcons.

The other one, and I haven't seen it a ton here, but there is a misconception that Jimmy Garoppolo can't throw the ball. This just isn't true. He is not elite, and certainly not Patrick Mahomes, but he can sling it. He is prone to a mistake or two a game though, but once that mistake happens, he is usually really good after it. The 49ers just haven't asked him to pass the ball in the playoffs, because why would they? They ran it down the throats of the Vikings and Packers. The 49ers typically always go with what is working.

I did see someone mention how the 49ers haven't played anyone good this year, I don't understand that comment at all. The 49ers played the 13-3 Packers twice, the Seahawks twice, the Vikings, the Saints, and the Ravens. The 49ers are about as battle tested as they come.

The other thing I've seen is Chiefs fans talking about how ya'll stopped Derrick Henry, which is very true, and was impressive. That said, the 49ers run a very different ground attack than the Titans do, its not the same beast as the one you just saw.

As I said previously, the Chiefs are probably going to win this game. I think ya'lls offense is too good and the 49ers have struggled against QBs who can get outside of the pocket this year. You also have great pass protection, which will also hurt the 49ers, but by that same token, I don't believe ya'll have faced a DL as good as the Niners either. Ultimately, I think ya'll just have too many weapons and for the 49ers to win, Jimmy G is going to have to outplay Patrick Mahomes, which I just don't see happening.

Best of luck though, hope we have an injury free game and may the best team win!

8taylor2 01-20-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14741049)
Not a career ender. Just, like, a 3 week injury.

You should see some of Clay's comments about Alex Smith if you think what I posted was "disgusting".

I don't think what you said was disgusting, I know it was. Says a lot about the kind of human you are.

Jeff.Fisher 01-20-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14741069)
Oh so now the refs ****ed you. Feel free to leave CP now, you ****ing moron.

You guys warned me it would happen. People want to see mahomes.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14741075)

Which call did they get wrong? Do tell.

DRM08 01-20-2020 07:19 PM

Will be interesting to see how loose the refs allow holding/interference in the secondary. Titans and Texans both paid the price for early contact on KC receivers. Will NFL let the Niners get away with that?

Coach 01-20-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the Titans were on a brutal road trip, so at some point, it had to end. Plus, I can tell that the Chiefs made some adjustments in the 2nd quarter that I sensed that Tennessee's run game was beginning to stall. They flooded the box so much, that Tennessee couldn't put enough bodies to clear the way for Henry. It also helps that the backend was, for the most part, disciplined on not giving up a bomb.

As for the refs who had been told to get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl, I don't buy that one bit at all. Let me put it this way. There were no controversies at all, compared to last year's gaffes in the AFC and NFC championship games. Also, your coach bailed his running game a little too early than he should had. At least he could have improvised the running game with an speedier back to attack the outside edges or do some jet sweeps to loosen up the box. To my recollection, I didn't see much of that.

Garopollo doesn't scare me. If San Francisco has a QB that is either Watson, Jackson, or Mahomes, then that's one thing. But they don't. They do have a legit defense, I will give them that, but KC has also faced good defenses as well.

KC Dan 01-20-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14741075)

Troll. Antifreeze is your friend. Your only friend

dirk digler 01-20-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8taylor2 (Post 14741071)
As for the game, here are my thoughts:

The Chiefs are going to win. Ya'lls offense is just completely absurd and slowing it down is no joke.

That said, I'll address some of the narratives I've seen during this thread.

"This team lost to the Falcons" The 49ers did lose to the Falcons, but 6 of their 11 starters on defense were injured for that game. Based on the reports I've read, only DJ Jones will be missing the Super Bowl. So it'll be a different team than the one that lost to the Falcons.

The other one, and I haven't seen it a ton here, but there is a misconception that Jimmy Garoppolo can't throw the ball. This just isn't true. He is not elite, and certainly not Patrick Mahomes, but he can sling it. He is prone to a mistake or two a game though, but once that mistake happens, he is usually really good after it. The 49ers just haven't asked him to pass the ball in the playoffs, because why would they? They ran it down the throats of the Vikings and Packers. The 49ers typically always go with what is working.

I did see someone mention how the 49ers haven't played anyone good this year, I don't understand that comment at all. The 49ers played the 13-3 Packers twice, the Seahawks twice, the Vikings, the Saints, and the Ravens. The 49ers are about as battle tested as they come.

The other thing I've seen is Chiefs fans talking about how ya'll stopped Derrick Henry, which is very true, and was impressive. That said, the 49ers run a very different ground attack than the Titans do, its not the same beast as the one you just saw.

As I said previously, the Chiefs are probably going to win this game. I think ya'lls offense is too good and the 49ers have struggled against QBs who can get outside of the pocket this year. You also have great pass protection, which will also hurt the 49ers, but by that same token, I don't believe ya'll have faced a DL as good as the Niners either. Ultimately, I think ya'll just have too many weapons and for the 49ers to win, Jimmy G is going to have to outplay Patrick Mahomes, which I just don't see happening.

Best of luck though, hope we have an injury free game and may the best team win!

What happened against the Saints from your perspective?

TwistedChief 01-20-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8taylor2 (Post 14741074)
I don't think what you said was disgusting, I know it was. Says a lot about the kind of human you are.

Dude, do you need someone to talk to? Or a hug?

It's a online message board with thousands upon thousands of posters from all walks of life. Filled with ego and bravado and satire and exaggeration. Don't get so bent out of shape and feel the need to play 'defender of the realm.' It'll make it a lot easier when someone here eventually wishes AIDS upon you or implores you to drink antifreeze.

We appreciate your thoughts on the 49ers and your contribution. Stick around.

rydogg58 01-20-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

It's about time you came around and started seeing things our way. We're a pretty smart bunch, and obviously, our team wasn't as soft as yours. There's plenty of room on this wagon for you. Jump on anytime you like, you don't have to ask permission.

*pats the empty seat next to me* Come on Jeffy Boy, climb aboard!

8taylor2 01-20-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14741093)
What happened against the Saints from your perspective?

The 49ers were missing Jaquiski Tartt and Drew Brees just picked on his backup the majority of the game. In the games Tartt missed, every team we faced just constantly threw it at Marcell Harris who just was not ready, he gave up big touchdowns and allowed big plays constantly.

I also think Ford missed most of that game. In the games Ford missed, teams just doubled up on Bosa and our pass rush suffered big time.

If you look at our defense in the games we had Ford and Tartt, compared to the ones we didn't, its a night and day difference. Quality of competition also played a factor, but without those two, we were very much a below average defense.

St. Patty's Fire 01-20-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Surprise surprise, you’re a ****ing sore loser

Have fun watching the Super Bowl from afar. You won’t come close for another two decades.

Chiefs=Champions 01-20-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Our finesse team just bullied you. LMAO

Jeff.Fisher 01-20-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 14741103)
It's about time you came around and started seeing things our way. We're a pretty smart bunch, and obviously, our team wasn't as soft as yours. There's plenty of room on this wagon for you. Jump on anytime you like, you don't have to ask permission.

*pats the empty seat next to me* Come on Jeffy Boy, climb aboard!

Well i did spend a few years building the rams for that little boy to come in and take the credit. I guess i could help the chiefs get over the hump

8taylor2 01-20-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14741101)
Dude, do you need someone to talk to? Or a hug?

It's a online message board with thousands upon thousands of posters from all walks of life. Filled with ego and bravado and satire and exaggeration. Don't get so bent out of shape and feel the need to play 'defender of the realm.' It'll make it a lot easier when someone here eventually wishes AIDS upon you or implores you to drink antifreeze.

We appreciate your thoughts on the 49ers and your contribution. Stick around.

I'm not bent out of shape, if he chooses to be a scum bag human, he is more than welcome to do so, but I'm going to call him out on it. He can wish AIDS upon me or tell me to kill myself, I won't be phased by it, but I'm not going to stand around and not say anything when I see someone being a piece of ****.

Jeff.Fisher 01-20-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 14741119)
Our finesse team just bullied you. LMAO

No argument here